PDA

View Full Version : Excuse the Negativity, But...(MF Doom)

noel411
04-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Does anybody else think that MF Doom has become pretty much a terrible mc, especially lyrically? I dl'ed the new album after it leaked, and after hearing it several times I became more aware of how bad he'd gotten each time I heard it. I never liked the Dangerdoom album, but last night I decided to throw it on as I haven't heard it in years, and I found that it was just as bad as the new one.

Everybody's always on about what a brilliant lyricist he is, but I personally think most his lyrics are garbage. He basically just pens complicated and often awkward word sequences, and then tries to fit them around a beat. It sounds absolutely terrible to me. His flow is often non-existent because he's just trying to get these awkward word arrangements out clearly. A lot of his multies are just ridiculously bad, not to mention awkward and uneven. Shit that I hear and actually go wow, I can't believe a signed artist would settle for a lyric like that.

I love KMD, and even everything before Dangerdoom was great, even though his lyrics were starting to get quite bad at times on the later ones. But now he's just terrible to me. Quite painful to listen to a lot of the time.

I'm not trying to be negative here, although it's unavoidable considering the subject of this thread. And I'm not trying put down Doom, or say that people shouldn't enjoy his music or anything. I know some Doom fans will probably come in here and get upset at me because they can't accept differing opinions, but so be it.

I just want to know if anybody else agrees with me? I find it hard to believe that nobody else would feel this way.

TAURO
04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Hell no!!

Longbongcilvaringz
04-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I didn't even bother with his latest album honestly.

DOOM continues to get lazier on the mic as time goes on.

VV was the peak to me, and it's been downhill from there.

And while we're on the topic, i'm probably the only person that thought Madvilliany was nothing special.

It's so disjointed and the beats are well below what i would have expected (although Madlib is erratic at the best of times)

JerseyIronman
04-28-2009, 11:55 PM
^^

are you serious? Madvillainy might be my favorite doom or madlib album...

I thought there a bunch of really nice beats on there

food for thought
04-29-2009, 12:00 AM
i feel like hes been getting better lyricaly, no doubt

Gazillion ear is a testament to that

"....keep your glory, gold, and glitter/ for half, half of his niggas will take him out the picture/......."

^ that right there is the epitome of this cats unique style and thought process

that line no matter how simpole it sounds, is deep as fuck and touches on many different topics.

that is the ill thing about DOOM imo

he puts a lot of thought behind his lyrics and u might not get what hes saying today, but when u listen to that shit tommorow, u hear something new and the shit grows on you immediately.

thats why i fucks with doom

Heavy Ammunition
04-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Maybe Mos Def can convince you otherwise.

zTBIvIDnnv8

INF
04-29-2009, 01:50 AM
neg rep

SKANK HILL
04-29-2009, 02:40 AM
I really enjoyed Danger Doom. To me that album gets unfairly shitted on.

INF
04-29-2009, 02:46 AM
not a day goes by I regret going and buying dangerdoom first day of release. I still bump that shit at least once a month or so. If you bump it too much the talib track becomes annoying but you just gotta stay with the beat I guess.

still Boo to the thread starter. Noel , what you need to do is set up a playlist with every doom album and play san andreas and turn the radio off on the game and pick up a fire engine and do fire missions till you get a million dollars.

thats what I'm doing and look at me dude.....I'm awesome. I Only haave 2 more propertys left to buy on the map right now.

Tage
04-29-2009, 03:49 AM
lol noel... you are not excused.

dangerdoom is bad? wtf.

you basically described his entire style, its sloppy, complex etc... thats Doom.

"no hitch, just a shit load of spit 'n' sneeze,
strictly G's stackin' up.... off a rack of hidden fees"

Paranoid
04-29-2009, 04:36 AM
Does anybody else think that MF Doom has become pretty much a terrible mc, especially lyrically?

No

noel411
04-29-2009, 05:01 AM
And while we're on the topic, i'm probably the only person that thought Madvilliany was nothing special.

It's so disjointed and the beats are well below what i would have expected (although Madlib is erratic at the best of times)
Ha, that's actually one of the top 2 hip hop albums of the last decade imo. I thought it was ordinary for quite a while, but after it grew on me...wow. Still some rubbish lyrics on it though.
he puts a lot of thought behind his lyrics
I don't agree with that at all in a lot of cases. In his more focused tracks, yeah, maybe, but a lot of the time I think he pretty much just constructs lines around his multies. He has nothing in particular he wants to say, comes up with a string of words that rhyme with the last line, and constructs a line around it. That's some really lazy, uninspired shit.
I really enjoyed Danger Doom. To me that album gets unfairly shitted on.
There's a handful of really good songs on it, a few ok ones, and a few shitty ones. I really, really fucken hate the theme though. The skits with that dude with the stupid voice. Worst theme of all time imo. Can't stand it.
If you bump it too much the talib track becomes annoying
"Torturous" would be a more fitting word I think. As opposed to "annoying".
Noel , what you need to do is set up a playlist with every doom album and play san andreas and turn the radio off on the game and pick up a fire engine and do fire missions till you get a million dollars.

thats what I'm doing and look at me dude.....I'm awesome. I Only haave 2 more propertys left to buy on the map right now.
Nah, I've given up video games altogether now. Waste of time. I just can't seem to convince myself otherwise.
dangerdoom is bad? wtf.
I didn't say it's bad. Just that I don't like it and I think Doom is terrible on it.

It's really only about half the time though. Same with the new album. Some of the lyrics are fine. Sometimes his flow is fine. But about half the time both are terrible.
you basically described his entire style, its sloppy, complex etc... thats Doom.
Yep, and I think it's often rubbish.

I knew motherfuckers would think what I said here was outlandish. The crazy thing is that I firmly believe that Doom is a lazy motherfucker, who often puts very little effort into writing, and settles for shit that he knows is throw-away, and then puts very little effort into recording his lazy rhymes, which is a slap in the face to anybody who supports him. And yet these same people who support him are so quick to defend him when somebody calls him out on what he's doing.

That's just my assessment of the situation. I know you all think that I'm living in my own little fantasy world, and shit, maybe I am? But I'm certainly not gonna fork out my cash to hear that shit, nor am I gonna be convinced that he's dope just because everybody else says so.

YungSunny
04-29-2009, 05:04 AM
Operation Doomsday > Any other Doom album you can think of...including KMD

Mumm Ra
04-29-2009, 05:14 AM
There's a handful of really good songs on it, a few ok ones, and a few shitty ones. I really, really fucken hate the theme though. The skits with that dude with the stupid voice. Worst theme of all time imo. Can't stand it.
lol you can't really blame DOOM on the theme, it's based on cartoon network shows so I could see how it would be utterly annoying if you couldn't put a face to the voice.

But I'm certainly not gonna fork out my cash to hear that shit, nor am I gonna be convinced that he's dope just because everybody else says so.
yeh I'm not forking my cash over to him for a different reason - cuz he's too lame to show up for his own shows and sends DOOM imposters. that's some shady shit no matter how he justifies it.

but I think DOOM has always been dope - Viktor Vahn is in my top 5 all time, Madvillain is mad dope, and his King Gheedorah shit is some of my favorites

crds
04-29-2009, 05:39 AM

yes YOU are the only person to think that, here is a clue DO NOT listen to him and all will be well.

Question: Pat who do you think is better than Doom?

SKANK HILL
04-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Operation Doomsday > Any other Doom album you can think of...including KMD

Umm, no. MM Food, Vaudeville Villain > Operation Doomsday

Mumm Ra
04-29-2009, 07:35 AM
that Mos Def video was awesome - I already love Doom's music but he really put things in perspective.
his lyrics have a completely different impact coming from another rapper, its weird

main_man
04-29-2009, 08:04 AM
mmmmmmm. here we go.

<( gets threadstarter to lie down on their back, and hold their mouth as wide open as they can)

hope you enjoy

< ( proceeds to squat above threadstarters mouth, lifts up balls and dangling junk, and takes a nice, gooey, solid-yet slimey shit in the threadstarters mouth)

oh FUCK YEAH!! YOU LIKE YOUR PUDDING, YOU BAD LITTLE GIRL!!!!

DADDYS COME RIGHT THE FUCK HOME!!!!!!

iammzac
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
SOME LINES OFF BORN LIKE THIS

Once sold a inbred skinhead a nigga joke
Plus a brand new chrome smokin' with the triggers broke
I thought I told em "firing pins was separate"
He find out later when he tries to go an rep it

Oh shoot, get a load of that fruit
In thigh high boots, red tighty-whities and blue cat suit (Holy Homos)
Even the rats know it’s tacky
“You ever see me slipping like that bitch just smack me”

Yodel at your uncle flows, my motorcycle trunk fulls
from 2, 1 to 1, loose crumbs to chunks in bundles
Hands down, better than what your mans used to get
Standin' around for where the translucent lucid spit
Missin wheel, you don't listen, you a feel head
Sittin' in the kitchen, pissin', twitchin', kissin' steel lead
Crime pays no dental nor medical
Unless you catch retirement, county, state or federal
Ya heard like roaring waters in a seashell
If a tree fell, ya couldn't tell from 3 cell
Be real careful, they tellin' by the earful
Kids doin' skid bids, acting out is terrible
Word is born, fix your clothes, put a shirt on
Pants saggin' back when used to meant you had a skirt on
Squirts posin' as thuggers and hustlers
Al-itu closer than y'alls ball huggers and jugglers

http://forum.hiphopsite.com/Topic352717-15-1.aspx

I dont know if you think hes writing random rhyming words. Most of everything he writes makes sense, at least to me. You just have to listen multiple times.. reading lyrics a couple spins doesn't hurt. HHS has a database of every DOOM lyric. Dangerdoom was my first doom album and I've loved him ever since. He is one of the artists besides wu tang and dilla that made me a hiphop head.

TAURO
04-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Noel doesn't even like hip hop anymore so his opinion isn't valid as far as im concerned.

snapple
04-29-2009, 08:30 AM
i know mf doom from KMD and i have operation doomsday...i like him....never heard madvillany or MMfood or anything else....i'm probably missing out....

gGbIpCJnmc0

White_Mouse
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
DOOM has some nice darts here and there, i liked Dangerdoom because I'm into adult swim, the "annoying voice" your talking about is most likely Master Shake, but unless your into that shit you won't get the joke
Anyway I get nerdy with lyric anaylisis, and i can't really do that with a lot of cats i listen to, but for a good headache I go to Aesop, El-P and DOOM

TAURO
04-29-2009, 08:37 AM
i know mf doom from KMD and i have operation doomsday...i like him....never heard madvillany or MMfood or anything else....i'm probably missing out....

gGbIpCJnmc0

Man you've missed out bigtime.

noel411
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
mmmmmmm. here we go.

<( gets threadstarter to lie down on their back, and hold their mouth as wide open as they can)

hope you enjoy

< ( proceeds to squat above threadstarters mouth, lifts up balls and dangling junk, and takes a nice, gooey, solid-yet slimey shit in the threadstarters mouth)

oh FUCK YEAH!! YOU LIKE YOUR PUDDING, YOU BAD LITTLE GIRL!!!!

DADDYS COME RIGHT THE FUCK HOME!!!!!!
That was terribly unfunny, and I'm pretty sure even most the people who vehemently disagree with what I've said in this thread would at least agree with me on that.

As for dude who posted lyrics and said they all make sense and whatnot, I have closely scrutinized his lyrics time and time again while listening to him, which is why I am strong in my convictions concerning them. I've got an opinion about his lyrics, it differs considerably to that of most people, that's just how it is. And I didn't say they don't make sense. You can make sense of anything if you really want to.
Noel doesn't even like hip hop anymore so his opinion isn't valid as far as im concerned.
I still like all the older stuff I used to like. I was still right into hip hop when Dangerdoom dropped. Yeah I can't really get into anything new, but it's not about me not liking the new album. I'm saying I think a lot of the mc'ing on it is terrible. It's not like because I don't get into new hip hop I no longer know anything about what makes a good or a bad mc. If I was saying that the new album is bad compared to other hip hop coming out these days, then you could justifiably invalidate my opinion, because then I would be talking out of my arse like most people on here do.

BGS
04-29-2009, 09:31 AM
i think doom is overall a dope mc, with a dope voice and nice lyrics...

unfortunately i never heard his victor vaughn and king geedohra stuff? how is that?

i guess its dope?!

EnD
04-29-2009, 09:37 AM
i think doom is overall a dope mc, with a dope voice and nice lyrics...

unfortunately i never heard his victor vaughn and king geedohra stuff? how is that?

i guess its dope?!

You should get Vaudeville Villain.

WyiB-lkQBFY

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
yes YOU are the only person to think that, here is a clue DO NOT listen to him and all will be well.

Question: Pat who do you think is better than Doom?

Um, i don't know, a lot of people.

Operation Doomsday, MM...FOOD and especially Vaudeville Villain are all really good albums though.

And i actually dig The Mouse and The Mask a lot.

He's like, top 50 for me or something.

Top 20 maybe, i have no idea really.

But i was obsessed with VV at several stages since i bought it when it came out.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
this noal guy is clueless.

DOOMs lyrics are probably easily the most creative and dextrous in hip hop.

Crackhead Bob
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Doom sounds like he's choking on his Cocoa Puffs when he rhymes.

BGS
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
You should get Vaudeville Villain.

WyiB-lkQBFY

wow this is dope...i'm gonna watch out for that album...how is the other viktor vaughn album?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2009, 01:00 PM
VV2 is weak.

VV is fucking great though.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
And the King Geedorah album is ok, some good stuff on there and the rest is lackluster.

Beats are generally good, too many features.

One of his weaker albums i guess.

I Wonder is good.

Memory Man
04-29-2009, 01:08 PM
calling DOOM's lyricism lazy is insanity. conceptually, technically and creatively he's at the top of his game.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
this thread is trollllllllllinnnnnggggg of the highest degree.

not even tsa or chugsanity have trolled like this before

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Once again, you guys are impressed far too easily.

Memory Man
04-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Once again, you guys are impressed far too easily.

says the guy who hasn't heard born like this.

NIKLZ
04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Does anybody else think that MF Doom has become pretty much a terrible mc, especially lyrically? I dl'ed the new album after it leaked, and after hearing it several times I became more aware of how bad he'd gotten each time I heard it. I never liked the Dangerdoom album, but last night I decided to throw it on as I haven't heard it in years, and I found that it was just as bad as the new one.

Everybody's always on about what a brilliant lyricist he is, but I personally think most his lyrics are garbage. He basically just pens complicated and often awkward word sequences, and then tries to fit them around a beat. It sounds absolutely terrible to me. His flow is often non-existent because he's just trying to get these awkward word arrangements out clearly. A lot of his multies are just ridiculously bad, not to mention awkward and uneven. Shit that I hear and actually go wow, I can't believe a signed artist would settle for a lyric like that.

I love KMD, and even everything before Dangerdoom was great, even though his lyrics were starting to get quite bad at times on the later ones. But now he's just terrible to me. Quite painful to listen to a lot of the time.

I'm not trying to be negative here, although it's unavoidable considering the subject of this thread. And I'm not trying put down Doom, or say that people shouldn't enjoy his music or anything. I know some Doom fans will probably come in here and get upset at me because they can't accept differing opinions, but so be it.

I just want to know if anybody else agrees with me? I find it hard to believe that nobody else would feel this way.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQYlUGfrwC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQYlUGfrwC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Now go BUY the album.

Stikee Fingerz
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RYCLfGE-_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RYCLfGE-_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BUTTERNESS

YungSunny
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Umm, no. MM Food, Vaudeville Villain > Operation Doomsday

GEE NlCE FACTS MAN YOU TOTALLY PROVED YOUR POINT AND GAVE GOOD REASONS AS TO WHY YOU'RE RIGHT.

p-rok73
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
When I bought Operation Doomsday I remember that I bought it because of it's cover & graffiti. I didn't know who he was at first or that he was from KMD. After I listened to it, I thought that it brought the fun back into hiphop, he was being himself with the goofy samples, CD cover, etc. I didn't really like DangerDoom too much & only a handful of cuts from his new album. I think he seems more interested in the business side of music rather than the creative part of it now.

graffitiwhat
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM

hey anoraak and college are sick glad your into them, i don't know many peeps that know of them, peace.

Stikee Fingerz
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qa200dvsTGE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qa200dvsTGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-29-2009, 07:22 PM

i don't feel the electro beat in your sig - its got no life, blood or soul in it

i am not suprised you don't get madlib lol

noel411
04-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Both VV albums are good. Geedorah isn't a Doom album. It's basically a compilation album with Doom beats. It's good though.
this noal guy is clueless.If actually recognising Doom's lyrics for what they are instead of just hearing him do a 5 word multi and thinking there's something impressive about that makes me clueless, then so be it. If actually having my own opinion about something instead of just jumping on the bandwagon and pretending he's dope just because everybody else says he is makes me clueless, then so be it.
DOOMs lyrics are probably easily the most creative and dextrous in hip hop."Probably easily"? With grammar skills like that I can see why you'd find Doom's line structure impressive.
VV2 is weak.

VV is fucking great though.Call me crazy, but I actually like VV2 better. VV is an infinitely better album, but I prefer VV2 personally. It's pretty much the laziest shit he's ever done, but I find it really enjoyable. VV is too long for my liking.
this thread is trollllllllllinnnnnggggg of the highest degree.If you knew the first thing about me you would be embarrassed by what a ridiculous suggestion this is.
Once again, you guys are impressed far too easily.That really does sum it up for me. I mean these guys are acting like I'm crazy for actually taking a close look at Doom's lyrics and recognising them for what they are. They just hear them, think they sound good, see that everybody else says he's a great lyricist, and all of a sudden anybody who suggests otherwise is crazy and clueless.

I mean you can pull out plenty of dope lines he spit on his last 2 albums, sure, but you can't just ignore all the lazy, uninspired shit in between. At least I can't.
Now go BUY the album.That's a perfect example of why I wouldn't buy the album. Those are throw away lyrics that he probably penned in about 5-10 minutes, with no pre-determined idea of a concept or general direction he intended to pursue. He wrote that shit around what rhymes with what. Lazy fucken shit. It's a glorified freestyle. I swear he's laughing at you cunts while you praise rubbish like that. He openly admits he's some kind of "villian" who likes doing sneaky shit. I'm sure he gets plenty of laughs out of shit like this.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-29-2009, 11:33 PM
cirtics talking about grammar mistakes....

the hip hop has died in this forum too

Memory Man
04-29-2009, 11:43 PM
noel, it's poetry. just because you don't understand it doesn't make it meaningless.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2009, 11:44 PM
says the guy who hasn't heard born like this.

I have heard it.

And again, you guys are too easily impressed.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2009, 11:51 PM
hey anoraak and college are sick glad your into them, i don't know many peeps that know of them, peace.

Yeah man, i'm into pretty much anything on Valerie.

If you haven't heard some of the other artists on there, i made a mix which i can send to you which has a lot of other good stuff.

i don't feel the electro beat in your sig - its got no life, blood or soul in it

i am not suprised you don't get madlib lol

Yeah, well, you probably have a pretty limited view of what good music is.

Or what gives music a soul and what not.

I like Madlib, and have most of the stuff he's made, because i dig it.

I just recognise that he is horrendously overrated and is pretty inconsistent.

The track has soul, you just can't appreciate it.

Which is fine, but i'm personally not particularly worried about people's opinions about non hip hop if they post in here.

And it's not electro, it's futurenostalgiasynth faggit.

noel411
04-29-2009, 11:56 PM
noel, it's poetry. just because you don't understand it doesn't make it meaningless.
Could you please point out the part where I said I didn't understand it, and/or that is was meaningless.

As far as I can tell I'm about the only one who does understand it for what it is.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah, well, you probably have a pretty limited view of what good music is.

Or what gives music a soul and what not.

I like Madlib, and have most of the stuff he's made, because i dig it.

I just recognise that he is horrendously overrated and is pretty inconsistent.

where is he overrated? lol why do you listen to him when he is so horrendous? i don't understand that at all

i can imagine you guys listening to good alternative hip hop - nodding along while thinking "i hate this - i hate this - i hate this"

you guys don't appreciate shit

are you a musician pat or just a fan? i have been playing since 8 - its in my blood - so i probably know more about music from the inside than you do

you're probably most likely a cunt

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2009, 12:54 AM
What the fuck are you talking about?

Can you read?

I said he was horrendously overrated, not that his music was horrendous.

You're clearly borderline retarded.

How can you "know more about music" than someone else?

People who take objection with other people's opinions on music are deficient in some specific area of their brain.

They have the complete inability to comprehend subjectivity.

You, are one of these people.

Has it ever occurred to you (probably not) that different people like different music!?

I understand it's an abstract notion.

But try grasping that concept before your next banal post.

If you think because you play the acoustic guitar you automatically have a greater appreciation of music than someone who doesn't, you have a lot of work ahead of you.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-30-2009, 01:22 AM
haha - how many more wrong presumptions are you going to make?

i bet you don't understand the music you put in your sig lol

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Why are you so annoyed i don't like Madlib and Doom to the same degree you do?

smokebongoncliff
04-30-2009, 01:43 AM
i feel like hes been getting better lyricaly, no doubt

Gazillion ear is a testament to that

i was about to type that

TSA
04-30-2009, 01:46 AM
never gave him a chance cause he's a grown man in a tinfoil mask

what if girls found out i listen to this

http://www.globatron.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/doom-753530.jpg
guy.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-30-2009, 06:04 AM
^solid reasoning for your average nebraskan. but very insecure of you.

girls can get a dick regardless of what i listen to. if a bitch is deciding on you purely based of what music your into, you aint mackin, at all lol.

SKANK HILL
04-30-2009, 06:14 AM
GEE NlCE FACTS MAN YOU TOTALLY PROVED YOUR POINT AND GAVE GOOD REASONS AS TO WHY YOU'RE RIGHT.

If you had heard Vaudeville Villain and MM Food you would not require me to give indepth reasons.

That isn't to say Operation Doomsday is wack or whatever, it's a great album.

whitey
04-30-2009, 09:04 AM
woooorst opinion here dog. sorry man. garbo thread.

Krimewave
04-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Hell no!!

what he said

Memory Man
04-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Those are throw away lyrics that he probably penned in about 5-10 minutes, with no pre-determined idea of a concept or general direction he intended to pursue. He wrote that shit around what rhymes with what. Lazy fucken shit. It's a glorified freestyle.

Could you please point out the part where I said I didn't understand it, and/or that is was meaningless.

As far as I can tell I'm about the only one who does understand it for what it is.

no concept or direction, just rhyming words = meaningless
you seem to think you know what's in DOOM's mind when he writes.
you don't.

Memory Man
04-30-2009, 09:42 AM

I have heard it.

And again, you guys are too easily impressed.

so did you just hear it now, or were you bullshitting before?

TAURO
04-30-2009, 10:10 AM
^^I think he mean't he didn't bother buying it.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-30-2009, 11:03 AM
He rhymes like nearly no other...I think he's a dope emcee.

Memory Man
04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
^^I think he mean't he didn't bother buying it.

if that's the case, then i stand corrected. however, (to noel & pat) all the condescending "i'm the only one who gets it" "you guys are easily impressed" stuff is real lame. opinions can be expressed without talking down to the people you disagree with.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2009, 11:31 AM
so did you just hear it now, or were you bullshitting before?

?

I listened to some tracks of it, and didn't bother buying it.

main_man
04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
mmmmm. noel just cant keep that pretty little mouth shut. open it again, sweetheart.

(as noel opens her sweet little mouthhole, i dip my big, unwashed ballbag containing beefy, round man nuts inside.)

take that teabag. take it like the teabag taking hoe you are. my nuts smell good to you?
TAKE YOUR FUCKIN' TEABAG, BITCH! YOU LOVE IT, HOE!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Why are you so annoyed i don't like Madlib and Doom to the same degree you do?

can i ask how you got into madlib?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I was convinced skampoe was the stupidest person on here after his posts in the swine flu related threads, but you're really getting up there.

How did i get into Madlib...?

I started fucking listening to his music.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-30-2009, 06:40 PM
fair enuff

noel411
04-30-2009, 11:10 PM
no concept or direction, just rhyming words = meaningless
you seem to think you know what's in DOOM's mind when he writes.
you don't.
That's just about the most flawed logic I have ever witnessed. How exactly do you deduce that something that is written based solely around rhymes has to be meaningless?

Showin' and provin', flowin' and groovin',
Knowin' the truth 'n, showin' the youth.

I just wrote that based solely around what I could think of to rhyme with the previous string of words. Did it make sense? Yes.

I'm calling it as I see it. I'm not saying that my observations are all definitely consistent with the reality of the situation. Only that my observations give me a strong inclination to believe that what I am saying has considerable validity.
(to noel & pat) all the condescending "i'm the only one who gets it" "you guys are easily impressed" stuff is real lame
The "you guys are easily impressed" is inarguably applicable to hip hop fans in general. Whether it is appropriate in this instance is open to question. The "I'm the only one who gets it" was a rebuttal to somebody who suggested I didn't get his lyrics. And if you'd quoted me in full it would have read "I seem to be the only one who gets his lyrics for what they really are", which was merely a suggestion that I'm the only one in this discussion who recognises the lazy, uninspired methods he appears to often use when writing.
mmmmm. noel just cant keep that pretty little mouth shut. open it again, sweetheart.

(as noel opens her sweet little mouthhole, i dip my big, unwashed ballbag containing beefy, round man nuts inside.)

take that teabag. take it like the teabag taking hoe you are. my nuts smell good to you?
TAKE YOUR FUCKIN' TEABAG, BITCH! YOU LOVE IT, HOE!
Nobody laughed with you the first time, as much as I'm certain they would have liked to since I seem to be the villian here. I would have thought that would have been a strong indication of how weak your sense of humour is, but I guess not...
I was convinced skampoe was the stupidest person on here after his posts in the swine flu related threads, but you're really getting up there.

How did i get into Madlib...?

I started fucking listening to his music.
lolz

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-30-2009, 11:59 PM
my question for pat was how did he 1st hear about madlib - but he caught feelings so w/e

i got into madlib through madvillian - allot of his best hip hop beats are on there so i don't see why he listens to the rest of his work as those beats are apparently mediocre to him

i can see how DOOM has got more lazy in the last year with all the bullshit of sending a fake to a gig showing he doesn't really care - but as far as lyrically lazy from food backwards isn't correct

SKANK HILL
05-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Dick riders get mad the most.

LORD NOSE
05-01-2009, 08:26 AM
your beef with him is personal

has nothing to do with his lyric content

why do you want others to feel the way you do ?

Memory Man
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
That's just about the most flawed logic I have ever witnessed. How exactly do you deduce that something that is written based solely around rhymes has to be meaningless?
The "you guys are easily impressed" is inarguably applicable to hip hop fans in general. Whether it is appropriate in this instance is open to question. The "I'm the only one who gets it" was a rebuttal to somebody who suggested I didn't get his lyrics. And if you'd quoted me in full it would have read "I seem to be the only one who gets his lyrics for what they really are", which was merely a suggestion that I'm the only one in this discussion who recognises the lazy, uninspired methods he appears to often use when writing.

you conveniently left out the "no concept or direction" which is intellectually dishonest.

"I seem to be the only one who gets his lyrics for what they really are"
is just as condescending as what i paraphrased. if you don't like rap any more, go post somewhere else.

TAURO
05-01-2009, 09:31 AM
It seems DOOM gets no love from the Australians. lol

main_man
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Nobody (mmmmhhhppp) the first time, as much as I'm certain (mmmmmmmpppphhhppbbb) the villian here. I (mmmmmmmppppphhhh) strong indication of how weak your sense of humour is, (mmmmmm. luv these balls in my mouth,daddy)

its ok baby, say it slow. its hard to talk with these above average balls in your mouth, sweetie.
MMMMMM. So, damn smart. so much more intellectual than anyone else. sexy little hoe.
you just get it. your just so much smarter than anyone else who ever listened to any rapper EVER. i can see that you "get" lyrics so much clearer than everyone else EVER, smartgirl.
so damn smart. mmmmmm. keep poppin those balls in and out your mouth, my smart little hoe. mmmmmmmmmm. coat them with your super intelligent saliva, baby. oooohhhhhh.

(noel411 says: let me suck that dick, daddy)

not yet, bitch. say some more really smart criticisms, and maybe i will. until then, you just get slapped in the face with it.

(pa-KOW! pa-KOW!) you love it, dont you.

noel411
05-01-2009, 09:28 PM
your beef with him is personal

has nothing to do with his lyric content

why do you want others to feel the way you do ?
First of all I have no "beef" with him.

Secondly why in God's name would I have personal "beef" with a musician who I have never met and don't really know the first thing about, personally?

When did I say I "want others to feel the way I do"? I am most certainly not trying to change anybody's opinion or question anybody's enjoyment of Doom's music. If you go back to my first post you will see that the purpose of this thread was to see if anybody here feels the same way as I do about this. Not because I want people to. Just because to me it is glaringly obvious that a lot of Doom's more recent lyrics are lazy and uninspired, and I thought surely some other people feel this too.
you conveniently left out the "no concept or direction" which is intellectually dishonest. I didn't conveniently leave out anything. You still don't get it. Yes it is possible to have no pre-determined concept or direction, write something based solely around what rhymes with what, and still make sense. Let me show you again.

I smoke crack daily, my broke back ails me,
I make sly jokes with that shy bloke, Jack Bailey.

That was random, ridiculous, had no concept or direction, was written solely based around what rhymed with what, AND IT STILL MADE SENSE. Now do you get me?
"I seem to be the only one who gets his lyrics for what they really are"
is just as condescending as what i paraphrasedYes it does seem condescending if you completely ignore my explanation for it.

My brother I do not think I am better than, above, or superior to anybody on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter. Nor do I think my opinion is any more important than anybody else's. If I have given that impression then I would like to express me deepest regret for that.

Memory Man
05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
you're losing track of the point. you were accusing DOOM of writing things with no real signifigance or meaning. that would imply that you know what his intentions were.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-02-2009, 06:43 PM
this trolling thread has gone on for far too long.

You tried to get some attention, Noal, but you picked a really bad one here.

Attacking DOOM's lyrics for no particular reason other than because you dont like them, and then going out of your way to attempt to ridicule their lack of "sense", is pretty angry.

What is real?

Why dont his lyrics make sense to you?

Do you not like to ever be challanged with a new train of thought?

Do you not like to hear certain words put together, that you would never hear put together in regular everyday life?

This is the appeal of a poet like DOOM, his fans, whether they realise it or not, are 21st century linguist enthusiasts, who get enjoyment from that.

If not, then stop listening to DOOM, and maybe reconsider what hip hop you are listening to, or if rapping is really a music that suits you clearly too regular tastes.

And if you hate him so much, how about....stop listening?

Haters, you guys are a strange breed. How about make your next thread abotu how good something is, to balance your karma

TAURO
05-02-2009, 10:33 PM

You tried to get some attention

LMAO at this actually coming from Laced, fool do you sleep post or something? Are you aware of the type of threads YOU make?

You can take that hypocrital dress off now sweetie. :stroke:

noel411
05-03-2009, 06:18 AM
you're losing track of the point. you were accusing DOOM of writing things with no real signifigance or meaning. that would imply that you know what his intentions were.
Where are you people getting this from? When exactly did I accuse him of "writing things with no real significance or meaning"? My whole argument has been about the methods he employs when writing. And you need to keep in mind that I'm only referring to about half of his last 2 albums here, although he has been guilty of employing the same techniques previous to those albums.

Plenty of his tracks do have a concept, or a focused direction. Unfortunately a lot of his tracks don't though. And that's what this thread is about.

This back and forth we're having is going nowhere though. I'd be happy just to agree to disagree and drop it. Like I said, I'm not trying to change anybody's opinions here, or influence anybody's opinion of Doom.

You tried to get some attention, Noal, but you picked a really bad one here.
Dude, I know as TAURO pointed out that this concept is second nature to you, but you need to understand that some people actually do have unpopular opinions that they genuinely wish to address and discuss. Like I said earlier, if you knew the first thing about me you would be embarrassed that you'd suggested that trolling on a hip hop forum is something that I would actively pursue.

And I love it how you come into threads like you're some sort of authority on hip hop, and your opinion should be viewed as the final say on the matter. I see you doing it all over this forum. Keep it up. It's fucken hilarious. I mean aren't you the guy who wears a "What would Method Man do?" band on his wrist?

The rest of your post has either been previously addressed in this thread, or is not worth addressing.

Memory Man
05-03-2009, 08:04 AM
homie, you're very confused. i'm done here.

SHRAP
05-04-2009, 12:58 AM
aluminum face poon BEEN shit, if it wasnt for faggot euro backpackers ol boy would be eatin discarded orange peels and fightin pigeons over bread crumbs

fuckin memphis bleek is better than mf doom, admit it cocksuckers