PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu latest

Drunken Monk
04-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Countries with confirmed cases of swine flu?

US: 91
Mexico: 49 7 death
Canada: 13
New Zealand: 11
UK: 5
Spain: 23
Germany: 3
Israel: 2
Austria: 4
Costa Rica: 2
Nez Zeland: 3
France: 4

[Figures obtained from the World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and German Ministry of Health]

The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the level of the swine flu alert from Phase Four to Phase Five.

This phase is characterised by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one region.

While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase Five is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalise the organisation, communication, and implementation of planned mitigation measures is short.

In other developments on Wednesday, the UK government confirmed:

a 23-month-old child died in Texas, making this the first confirmed death from the virus to occur outside Mexico
a further three confirmed cases of swine flu in the UK, taking the total to five
the closure of a school in Devon for seven days as precautionary measure after a child there was confirmed to have swine flu
new orders placed to further increase UK stockpiles of antiviral medicines and antibiotics, plus face masks for health workers
the distribution, starting next week, of a leaflet on swine flu to all UK households
the launch on Thursday of a pre-recorded swine flu telephone information line on 0800 1513 513

How many cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the UK?

Three new cases of swine flu have been confirmed, bringing the total to five, the prime minister announced today. The new cases - involving two adults and a 12-year-old girl - are all reported to be mild, and all are responding well to treatment. The two adults are from London and Birmingham and the girl is from Torbay, Devon. As a precautionary measure, the affected girl's school has been closed and 230 pupils are being offered antiviral medication.

These new cases are in addition to the two cases confirmed in Lanarkshire, Scotland, on Monday. Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish health secretary, said then that both individuals were recovering well in hospital from mild cases of the virus. People with whom they have come into close contact have also been contacted by health authorities. There are currently other suspected cases in the UK who are under observation. Alan Johnson, the health secretary, told parliament on Monday that 25 cases were under investigation. However, this number is likely to fluctuate as suspected cases are either confirmed or cleared.

What is in the swine flu leaflet being produced?
The government is to start distributing a leaflet on swine flu to all UK households next week.

The Department of Health has produced the leaflet to give information about swine flu, including:

more details about swine flu and how it could spread;
what the UK governments have done to prepare for a wider outbreak of flu;
what you can do to protect yourself and others against flu;
other actions you can take in case swine flu does become more widespread;
what to do if you think you have flu symptoms; and
how you can keep up to date with the latest information about swine flu.
The leaflet will be available for download from this site and the Directgov site later today.

How dangerous is swine flu?
It is difficult to judge this at the moment. While there have been deaths in Mexico and one in the US, symptoms exhibited by people in other countries have been relatively mild. Also it appears that early doses of antiviral medicines such as Tamiflu are effective in helping people to recover. In the UK we currently have enough antivirals to treat 35 million people if they were to become ill - over half the population. The prime minister announced on Wednesday that the government is increasing this stockpile so that it has enough to treat 50 million people.

diggy
04-29-2009, 09:25 PM
To sum up, the swine flu kills mostly Mexicans.

Why?

Drunken Monk
04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
sixne flu just begun there

diggy
04-29-2009, 09:38 PM
sixne flu just begun there

You did not address my very important obvious observation and question.

Not only has it begun there, it killed there too.

The majority of deaths from this are MEXICANS!!!

WHY???

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
its not cuz theyre mexican, its cuz they r in mexico

diggy
04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
its not cuz theyre mexican, its cuz they r in mexico

Mexico has alot of tourist from other countries, namely United States and Canada.

Why out of all of the people in Mexico are MOSTLY MEXICANS dead from this 'swine flu'?

If the swine flu is the same genetically in Mexico and other countries, WHY ARE THE MAJORITY OF DEAD PEOPLE FROM MEXICO!!!

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 09:49 PM
because the tourists dont live in Mexico...dont u see what im saying here? its not genetic.

HANZO
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
could it be that ppl who have contracted the virus in other countries are being treated with the best medical care available very quickly. While the Mexicans who died from the virus didnt have the sufficient medical care at the correct time to deal with the Virus.

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 09:51 PM
ding ding ding^^

DrunkenMasta303
04-29-2009, 09:52 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/04/swine_flu_no_match_for_obamas.html
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V_kZESVsbYQ/R6tCAFeRhzI/AAAAAAAAAxE/02T1gvDrCH8/s320/Obama_superman.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
wtf^^ imagine he got it?

diggy
04-29-2009, 09:57 PM
because the tourists dont live in Mexico...dont u see what im saying here? its not genetic.

I never said anything was genetic. Tourist, while not living permanently in Mexico, if they happen to be there while the outbreak occured (and I could make a good guess that there were alot of tourist there at that time), they should be as dead as many of the Mexicans were. Also, if the virus is the same in every country, and reporters say it is, then there should be many people in other countries having high death rates from this virus. But that is NOT the case!!

could it be that ppl who have contracted the virus in other countries are being treated with the best medical care available very quickly. While the Mexicans who died from the virus didnt have the sufficient medical care at the correct time to deal with the Virus.

And what would that best medical care be? Last I've heard, antibiotics can do little if anything for a virus such as the "swine flu" or H1N1 virus. Flu shots could do little if anything they said also. Assuming superior medical care outside of Mexico is just that - assuming. Even the "EXPERTS" have their minds boggled by why it is only killing Mexicans and YOU think you have the answer!??

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 10:06 PM
??^^wtf r u getting at? or not getting at?

HANZO
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
well the ppl being treated in the UK with that Tamiflu stuff are recovering. i dnt kno about the situation of the ppl who are infected in America. usually when viruses as such breakthrough its the epicentre which is affected the most. Mexican officials were slow in picking up the disease. i doubt they even knew it was deadly maybe until the 50th person contracted it.

diggy
04-29-2009, 10:08 PM
??^^wtf r u getting at? or not getting at?

You can't see what I am asking?

EAGLE EYE
04-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Stop making these threads. I can watch the updates on the news.

check two
04-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Maybe the 10 threads about this should be merged.

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Vaccine is on the way..........hmm

Stikee Fingerz
04-29-2009, 10:36 PM
My boss had the swine flu today. shit was wicked.

EAGLE EYE
04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
yea wheres that MAGMAGYVER when you need him?

oDoUoSoKo
04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
take him....out, if u know what i mean......//=== [BLAM]

Drunken Monk
04-30-2009, 07:05 AM
My boss had the swine flu today. shit was wicked.

what a shittt

Krimewave
04-30-2009, 07:24 AM
I was worried I had it, so I called the swine flu telephone hotline,
but all I got was crackling.

Drunken Monk
04-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I was worried I had it, so I called the swine flu telephone hotline,
but all I got was crackling.

dou got swin flu??
nahh no serious

Krimewave
04-30-2009, 07:33 AM
dou got swin flu??
nahh no serious

can't be sure. all I know is I feel pretty bad and I keep coming out in rashers...

Robert
04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Mexico has alot of tourist from other countries, namely United States and Canada.

Why out of all of the people in Mexico are MOSTLY MEXICANS dead from this 'swine flu'?

Jesus fucking christ! Do I have to explain this?

If the swine flu is the same genetically in Mexico and other countries, WHY ARE THE MAJORITY OF DEAD PEOPLE FROM MEXICO!!!

WOW! THAT WAS THOUGHT PROVOKING!!!

You are an unbelievable idiot of the highest order.

I have given you a chance Diggy, I have even agreed with a few of the things you have said in KTL, but this post contains such skewed logic and displays such tremendous ignorance I can't continue doing it.

If this is all it requires for you to believe a conspiracy then I can't take anything you say seriously.

Professor Poopsnagle
04-30-2009, 04:29 PM
This flu is some hyped up bullshit. Tons of people die each year from regular flu.

narc
04-30-2009, 05:01 PM
its what they use to distract the public from the economic crisis

Senator C. Palantine
04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I dont no much about this 'swine flu'.

But I am sure it is the governmont.

'Get Your Shit Together Before The Fucking Iluminati Hit'....and that was in '97.

Feel me?

Drunken Monk
04-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I dont no much about this 'swine flu'.

But I am sure it is the governmont.

co-signnnn

pep
04-30-2009, 06:10 PM
sooooooo many people on the train with face mask..shit is funny and sad at the same time

Drunken Monk
04-30-2009, 06:13 PM
no funny man

diggy
04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
You are an unbelievable idiot of the highest order.

If this is all it requires for you to believe a conspiracy then I can't take anything you say seriously.

Why am I an idiot? Explain.

Did I really say it is a conspiracy? Quote me on that if you can!!!

Professor Poopsnagle
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
it is a conspiracy .

DrunkenMasta303
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
pw3ned!

diggy
04-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Lol

clever

Seriously, though, if you look at pages of this thread before this one, and the other swine flu thread, I did not use such words.

EAGLE EYE
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Wait Diggy changed his name to "x-unknown" ?

what a twerp

InsurgenT
05-01-2009, 08:19 AM
WHO Level 6 imminent! Doesnt look good

EU quarantines London in flu panic

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.

Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

BBC News (http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm)

Afficial_Nastee
05-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Muslims won't have to worry bout this problem.

SKAMPOE
05-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Drug companies responsible for swine flu outbreak? (http://www.prisonplanet.com/drug-companies-responsible-for-swine-flu-outbreak.html)

Friday, May 1, 2009 Mexico is preparing to shut down parts of its economy for five days to slow the spread of swine flu. So far 12 deaths in the country have been officially attributed to the virus.

One person has died in Texas, which is the only death outside Mexico so far. A state of Public Health emergency has been declared in the US. Across the world at least thirteen countries including Israel and Spain have confirmed cases of the infection.
A ‘pilot vaccine’ is being developed under the supervision of the EU. However, some conspiracy theories that are spreading just as fast as the virus have already dismissed the hysteria over the virus as a malevolent plot orchestrated by pharmaceutical companies in order to cash in on people’s fear. One in particular believes that the strain has been purposely engineered so companies producing vaccines can cash in.
In New York City many dismiss the media hysteria but are not as quick to debunk theories for the outbreak. People on Manhattan’s streets have shown their skepticism over the vaccination:
“That’s the whole medical industry. I don’t get the flu shot, ‘cause it seems whenever I get the flu shot I get sick. If I don’t get the flu shot, I don’t get the flu. Are there swine in New York City? Sure – the politicians,” says a New York resident.
According to Alex Jones’s web site www.infowars.net , US pharmaceutical company Baxter is working on a potential vaccine.
Back in December, Baxter reportedly distributed vaccines to 18 countries contaminated with the deadly avian flu virus. The discovery came after the vaccine tested on ferrets in the Czech Republic killed the animals. New Yorkers suggest Baxter’s current actions could be masking a shady deal. They think that because the competition on the market is so great, some people will find any way to make a quick buck.
Face masks, for example, are completely sold out at all drug stores in New York City, but RT walked the streets of Manhattan for hours and did not see one person wearing these so-called ‘pandemic protectors’. Instead, amid the swine flu outbreak, people are socializing and lunching in parks.
The Big Apple may have the most cases of the H1N1 strain in the US, but New Yorkers say the media is more panicked than the people. Hamilton Nolan from gossip website Gawker compares the current frenzy with 1976, when the US experienced its first swine flu panic and President Ford made inoculations mandatory.

SKAMPOE
05-01-2009, 08:54 AM
“The cure ended up being worse than the actual pandemic. It was the same thing. Swine flu appeared, people got scared. They demanded action by the government. The US government spent $135 million on vaccines and people ended up getting sick by the vaccines,” Nolan says.
Dozens who were vaccinated fell ill and were later paralyzed or died. Presently only one US swine flu death has occurred.
More media hysteria ignited in two parts on Thursday, April 30, when America’s third largest automaker filed for bankruptcy protection, followed by a verbal blunder by US Vice President Joe Biden:
“I wouldn’t go anywhere in confined places now. It’s not that going into Mexico. It’s that you are in a confined aircraft where someone sneezes and it goes all the way through the aircraft. That’s just me. I would not be at this point, if they had another means of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway,” said Joe Biden.
The economy is sinking. Chrysler just declared bankruptcy and the US Vice President went on national television urging Americans to avoid confined public spaces like the subway system. So imagine if millions were to actually listen to his suggestion and seek out other forms of transportation. Some may ask – could this possibly give just a little boost to the countries dying auto industry?
The White House issued a statement backpedaling Joe Biden’s statement, saying the flying is safe but urging Americans to avoid unnecessary travel to Mexico. The World Health Organization in its turn says prepare for the worst. US officials say ‘be concerned, but not alarmed.’
At the very least, the general consensus from everyone is: stay home if sick, wash hands often and cover those coughs and sneezes.

Come Honor Face
05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Holy shit! Some of you niggaz are really fuckin stupid! All paranoid with your conspiracy theories and shit. It's the fuckin flu! That's all. This particular strain of the flu can cause severe pneumonia, and severe pneumonia is often fatal. It is often not that bad though. It does react to some regular flu treatment drugs, and will not be fatal for nearly everyone who seeks medical attention before any pneumonia sets in. I work in a hospital in a state that has no confirmed cases yet. There were however several patients seen in the ER last night with flu like symptoms, and it ain't exactly flu season. Sucks having to wear that mask all night! Gettin all sweaty faced, and feeling half smothered. This H1N1 flu virus is really pissin me off!!! If that shit gets bad around here, It's probably only a matter of time till I get that shit. I will wear my mask religiously at work though.

Drunken Monk
05-01-2009, 09:43 AM
hahahahahah funny posts

Olive Oil Goombah
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Wait Diggy changed his name to "x-unknown" ?

what a twerp

no shit, that is diggy

KaramelSundae
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Holy shit! Some of you niggaz are really fuckin stupid! All paranoid with your conspiracy theories and shit. It's the fuckin flu! That's all. This particular strain of the flu can cause severe pneumonia, and severe pneumonia is often fatal. It is often not that bad though. It does react to some regular flu treatment drugs, and will not be fatal for nearly everyone who seeks medical attention before any pneumonia sets in. I work in a hospital in a state that has no confirmed cases yet. There were however several patients seen in the ER last night with flu like symptoms, and it ain't exactly flu season. Sucks having to wear that mask all night! Gettin all sweaty faced, and feeling half smothered. This H1N1 flu virus is really pissin me off!!! If that shit gets bad around here, It's probably only a matter of time till I get that shit. I will wear my mask religiously at work though.

yup. co-sign.

i work at an urgent care.
the media is trying to scare you people.
just fuckin wash your hands
pop vitamins
and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

its not that serious. thousands of people die every year from the flu but you never hear about it....

Senator C. Palantine
05-01-2009, 10:15 AM
yup. co-sign.

i work at an urgent care.
the media is trying to scare you people.
just fuckin wash your hands
pop vitamins
and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

its not that serious. thousands of people die every year from the flu but you never hear about it....

^

Stands perpendicular to the square.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
its cuz its called swine flu.

I added a black chick I knew from High School to facebook, not realizing she had become a 5%er, and its hilarious to read her commentary during this whole thing.
I mean I can't recall how many times she has quoted an Immortal Technique song.
Its great.

I should introduce her to wu-corp, but I think she's too grimey for this place.

ALCATRAZ
05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/04/swine_flu_no_match_for_obamas.html
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V_kZESVsbYQ/R6tCAFeRhzI/AAAAAAAAAxE/02T1gvDrCH8/s320/Obama_superman.jpg
dog u always got tha weirdest sig videos but they bump tho