PDA

View Full Version : So Much For The Experts

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-13-2005, 03:12 PM
SO MUCH FOR THE EXPERTS

ah hahaha this shit is funny!!!!!!!!!

1. "Computers, in the future, may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949.

2. "I think there is a world market for, maybe, five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.

3. "I have traveled the length and breadth of this country, and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year." -- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957.

4. "But what is it good for?"
-- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.

5. "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977.

6. "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is, inherently, of no value." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.

7. "The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s

8. "The concept is interesting and well-formed. But, in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible." -- A Yale Univ. management professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service.( Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

9. "Who wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927

10. "I'm just glad it will be Clark Gable who is falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." -- Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind".

11. "A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research reports say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make." -- Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.

12. "We don't like their sound and guitar music is on the way out." -- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

13. "You want to have consistent and uniform muscle development across all of your muscles? It can't be done. It's just a fact of life. You just have to accept inconsistent muscle development as an unalterable condition of weight training." -- Response to Arthur Jones, who solved the "unsolvable" problem by inventing Nautilus.

14. "Stocks have reached what looks like a, permanently, high plateau." -- Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929

15." Airplanes are interesting toys, but of no military value." -- Marecha Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.

16. "Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction." -- Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

17. "The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon." -- Sir John Eric Ericksen, British surgeon, Surgeon-Extraordinary to Queen Victoria, 1873.

and finally.......

18. "64K ought to be enough memory for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981

Reggie_Noble
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
SO MUCH FOR THE EXPERTS

ah hahaha this shit is funny!!!!!!!!!

1. "Computers, in the future, may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949.

2. "I think there is a world market for, maybe, five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.

3. "I have traveled the length and breadth of this country, and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year." -- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957.

4. "But what is it good for?"
-- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.

5. "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977.

6. "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is, inherently, of no value." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.

7. "The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s

8. "The concept is interesting and well-formed. But, in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible." -- A Yale Univ. management professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service.( Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

9. "Who wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927

10. "I'm just glad it will be Clark Gable who is falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." -- Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind".

11. "A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research reports say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make." -- Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.

12. "We don't like their sound and guitar music is on the way out." -- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

13. "You want to have consistent and uniform muscle development across all of your muscles? It can't be done. It's just a fact of life. You just have to accept inconsistent muscle development as an unalterable condition of weight training." -- Response to Arthur Jones, who solved the "unsolvable" problem by inventing Nautilus.

14. "Stocks have reached what looks like a, permanently, high plateau." -- Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929

15." Airplanes are interesting toys, but of no military value." -- Marecha Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.

16. "Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction." -- Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

17. "The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon." -- Sir John Eric Ericksen, British surgeon, Surgeon-Extraordinary to Queen Victoria, 1873.

and finally.......

18. "64K ought to be enough memory for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981
Ben, will you make me a time-machine? I feel like stealing ideas

deadlymelody
09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
haha

Sicka than aidZ
09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
ben coming correct....great research/thread

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Damn can you believe what some of these bastards said ...fucking closed mind bastards

Sicka than aidZ
09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
they're lost as hell thats for sure

ratty mayonnaise
09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
popular mechanics is a well respected well renown magazine..

Big Bad Man
09-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Mad shit. When you really hink about how much technology changed since the 50s n shit its scary.

JASPER
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm still waiting for my damn hooverboard... EXPLAIN THAT TO ME MICHAEL J FOX

Christ.. I should refrain from making jokes when I'm.. in general, jokes.

Big Bad Man
09-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm still waiting for my damn hooverboard... EXPLAIN THAT TO ME MICHAEL J FOX

Christ.. I should refrain from making jokes when I'm.. in general, jokes.
I was actually hinkin about that shit. We need the aliens for that yin, else it would cost an arm n leg for 1 of them numbers if we had em.

JASPER
09-13-2005, 05:59 PM
They'll invent hoover penises before we'll be flying on magical hoover planks. Hoover penis hmmmm hoover hmmmm penis hmmmm... hmmm.... *patents hoover penis idea*

My First Timbs
09-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Who wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927
this is the best one :)

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Uppin!!