PDA

View Full Version : This is England

Durag
05-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Anyone see this movie? I just got it out last night, fuckin great movie, about a 12 yr old boy who befriends some older guys, and ends up following one of their friends whos just come out of jail and is a white supremicest. Great acting, story line, good caracters, all round great film.

Not sure who the kid is, but hes a fuckin good actor for his age. The guy who played alongside Jason whatever-his-name-is in Snatch is really good as the racist bully.

Senator C. Palantine
05-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Good film and a good message: keep the blacks out.

Durag
05-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Wolfy what was the name of that movie again, Dead Mans Shoes was it? Ive gone back watching a lot of movies latley, seen Elite Forces the other, a brazilian movie like City Of God, good film too.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I didnt like the film so much.

I didnt get what its point was. It seemed pretty aimless.

But Meadows is amazing at creating intense scenes. Hes good at conveying emotions, but as a film I didnt think much of it.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah I watched this the other day, great film, real raw.

I heard the young kid isn't even an actor, they just liked the look of him
And wanted to keep it gritty and real to life by casting him.

Some great performances all round.
The scene near the end with them all in the room with Milky was tense
You could feel it building up.

Senator C. Palantine
05-05-2009, 06:51 AM
yeah, Dead Man's Shoes.

City Of God is the shit.

KLIION JENSEN
05-05-2009, 07:00 AM
I heard the young kid isn't even an actor, they just liked the look of him And wanted to keep it gritty and real to life by casting him.

thats true, since then i've seen him in a couple of other flicks, one called Eden Lake which looks madness, i never watched it cos i've never been in the right mindset to watch it, but it looks sick as fuck....and he's in something else, but i forgot what its called...

but yeah, had to big that little kid up in this flick, cos he's the only one that stood up to the racist bully badguy....

....and in a related story, that young kid, looks exactly like my cousin

anybody seen the flick MUM & DAD ?? British horror, twisted, headfuck movie ?? the fat guy with the glasses in This Is England, plays DAD....sick fucking performance.....

Tage
05-05-2009, 07:27 AM
TIE is a great film.

Dead Mans Shoes is great aswell...if you love British films like this, lock stock, snatch etc....

check out...

Football Factory
The Business
Severance
Mean Machine

and a few other Danny Dyer movies.

KLIION JENSEN
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Danny Dyer wants stabbing in his face repeatedly with a rusty screwdriver.....

^ Rise Of The Foot Soldier was a dope movie too....

Guarded By Martyrs
05-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Rise Of The Foot Soldier was a dope movie too....

Definatly, that movie owns.

Tage
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Rise iof the Footsoldier is classic, was trying to remember that.

"Do you want that fuckin' nose on yours?"

Tage
05-05-2009, 07:41 AM
I didnt get what its point was. It seemed pretty aimless.

really? lol wow.

Durag
05-05-2009, 08:18 AM
TIE is a great film.

Dead Mans Shoes is great aswell...if you love British films like this, lock stock, snatch etc....

check out...

Football Factory
The Business
Severance
Mean Machine

Yeah ive seen most of them, me and my friends used to watch Football Factory and get coked up, puts you in the mood for fighting when you go out, but ive seen it too many times and have to say im sick of it now. Not a great movie on repeated viewings, but its amazing the first or second time you see it.

Danny Dyer is kind of annoying though.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
TIE is a great film.

check out...

Football Factory
The Business
Severance
Mean Machine

I haven't seen Severance but I've got the rest of these. Theres another one with Sean Bean in it which is good too, it's got Sol from Snatch in it aswell, I forget every cunts name.

I haven't seen This is England yet. It was on FilmFour a while back and I meant to tape it but the DVD recorder doesnt want to tape anything except channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 without a fight.
I couldn't believe it when I found out that Tommy from Snatch (The dude in This is England) was a Scouser. He had a fucking spot on accent in Snatch.

Tage
05-05-2009, 09:49 PM
^yeah..... Tommy from Snatch is in 'The Crew' aswell.... but that's not such a great film.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Good film and good message: Keep the blacks out

ahahahahah.....every once in a while, you find a way to subdue your faggotry and say something funny.