PDA

View Full Version : Crashed car into wall + need advice

Durag
05-05-2009, 06:59 AM
I was driving the town, doing laps checking out the women with tunes blearin from the speakers as usual, execpt i was clearly going way too fast, and as i was changing cd's and putting on D.I.T.C, and without looking i went into the wrong side of the road, another car was coming, i jammed on the breaks, started skidding, narrowly missed the on coming car, but smashed into a parked car and smashed that car into wall, destroying it.

I was thinking about doing a legger, but just as i was about to skirt, the owner of the parked car came out, crying and shit, called the guards and i had to give her 1000 euro.

My cars pretty fucked, i think its gonna cost too much to fix. Im still driving around in it, but i dont wanna do it much longer as i look like a tinker.

So does anyone know what cars are reliable and will last me a few years without much going wrong?

I need a reliable one for work, so im gonna be a pussy and buy some safe gay car, as long as its reliable. I need specific makes and engine sizes if anyone knows any, for example, my mechanic said a 99 Nissian Almera 1.4 is a great car, but the 1.5 give a lot of trouble.

NIGHT MAYOR
05-05-2009, 07:07 AM
no car is realy reliable, what you need to do is sus out what make and model car is popular in your area of the U.K. - this leads to alot of spare parts and cheaper labor

i drive a holden commodore, one of the most popular cars in australia, other cars here that are cheap are ford falcons

popular cars have their advantage too, if you dont personalize them.

ie. cops dont pay much attention to a common car *taps nose* i have been driving my car now for almost 4 years (28th of may) and have never been pulled over in it.'

i have had to replace the suspension, starter motor and radiator, last one was my fault :) dont ask

Durag
05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Im not in the uk, but never heard of a holden commodore, ever.

Yeah i get what you mean about popular cars, i suppose opel vectras, nissan almeras and primeras, honda civics and accords are popular here, but there are cars more reliable that others, and the reason i need a reliable one is that i spend a lot of my day driving for work and that, so i put up huge milage.

Personally, i want to get a Nissan 180ZX or a Nissan Silvia 2.0 Turbo, but that wouldne be suitable for work. Might see if i can afford two cars in a year or something.

NIGHT MAYOR
05-05-2009, 07:20 AM
our holdens are your vauxhals, General Motors

Krimewave
05-05-2009, 07:21 AM
depends what your price range is.
if you're looking for something cheap you can't do much better than a 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.7 LS TD, because of the Isuzu engine (anything with an Isuzu engine will keep going for years).

It's a proper workhorse of a car and you should be able to get one for under 500 easy.

here's an example:-
http://www.adtrader.co.uk/item_detail.php?aid=32489293&class_id=110&hdl=VAUXHALL+CAVALIER+1.7+LS+TD%2C&prsuid=32489293

Durag
05-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Cool, ill definitly check out that Vauxhall Cavalier if theres any going.

Ive been told that nissan and toyota are the most reliable, and that the newer Ford focus's are good cars, as are early 90's volkswagen golf's, is that true bout the ford and the golf?

Krimewave
05-05-2009, 09:05 AM
yeah, true about the nissans and toyotas, also true about the golfs (but that's reflected in the price). can't say about the focus tbh, never had a car that new, lol.

Durag
05-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Nice one, thanks.

Ive only had one car, that one i crashed was my first had it a little over a year, i thought it was just gonna be body work, new bumper, new wing, new light, but the left wheel is bent back and keeps rubbing when i turn so the tyre is getting bald, and this mysterious smoke starts appearing occasionally from the air vents. Its filled out the car one time so i had to stop, then when i started driving again it was sound, dont have a clue what it is.

Marlo Stanfield
05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
i had a '01 volkswagen golf for a while and it nickel and dimed me to death

i got an '05 subaru legacy now and i couldnt be happier

im impressed with subaru, but they have some ugly cars out there too, my legacy is slick as fuck though

beautifulrock
05-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Anything Japanese under 80,000 miles is a real safe bet for at least a few years

beautifulrock
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Saabs look like boxy clunkers, but they get great gas mileage, last forever, and if you crash into anyone else, they are generally the safest automobiles on the market.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
The only cars worth buying these days are japanese.

NIGHT MAYOR
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
yeah those german cars just suck *laughing*