PDA

View Full Version : 55,000 already DEAD, hundreds of thousands hospitalized!!!

Mr. Muhammad
05-05-2009, 02:11 PM
55,000 already DEAD, hundreds of thousands hospitalized!!!

OMG!!! OMG!!!

55,000 dead?

...From what?

Swine flu?............... Nope.
Avian flu?................ Nope.
Bubonic Plague?.................. Nope.

The 55,000 dead was the deaths due to that killer drug, Vioxx, legally sanctioned by the FDA. And these deaths were from 1999-2003.

Nearly 14,000 deaths a year from a government approved drug , but you didn't see anywhere near the amount of hysteria from that death march. Hundreds of thousands more hospitalized due to reactions from the FDA's own Grim Reaper. Put into a hospital from nasty Vioxx effects like loss of stomach lining, heart attacks and spontaneous GI bleeding.

Hell, that's not medicine, that's a legalized form of Russian Roulette.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/content/55000-already-dead-hundreds-thousands-hospitalized

RM

LORD NOSE
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
deep

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
no one speaks bout it

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
wat

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
For the last 3 years, there have been millions of local and national commercials on every channel by lawyers trying to get people affected by Vioxx to take that shit to trial.

Also, the FDA WAS at fault, but you make it seem like they created it. Merck was responsible for Vioxx. THe FDA was also responsible on some level, but at the same time, they were provided with falsified study results and information was omitted. Also, pretty much everyone who was made ill or lost loved ones was willing to take money to shut their mouths.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
^yea people forget that last sentence.

THUGNIFICENT
05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the post. cosign what dan said also

LORD NOSE
05-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Also, pretty much everyone who was made ill or lost loved ones was willing to take money to shut their mouths.

in other words they deserved what they got ?

05-06-2009, 03:43 PM
in other words they deserved what they got ?

Not at all, and I am not sure why you would make that inference.

Merck fucked up big time, and what they did was reckless, dangerous, and completely abhorrent.

The only point I was making is that that most of the victims were bought and quieted, which is why the story went away after a relatively short time.

But my main point is that I believe Mr. Muhammad was implying that this story received no media coverage, when in fact it received a great deal when it first broke, and then only went away because the victims accepted cash to stop rocking the boat.

I am not judging the victims at all for this, or even saying I would or would not have done the same thing.

I am stating facts.

But, no, obviously nobody "deserved" to be prescribed a lethal drug without their knowledge of the risks, and, again, I'm not sure why you would make that connection.

LORD NOSE
05-06-2009, 06:29 PM
maybe they were made offers they could not refuse

maybe

talking about big corporations and stuff

not neighborhood mobs

who can also make offers people can't refuse

but the offers just ain't as huge

05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
As I said, I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone who accepted a lifetime of financial stability for themselves and their families.

On the other side of the spectrum, their were certainly those who took the case to trial rather than settling, and it seems, for the most part, juries and judges were very sympathetic to their cases.

It seems that they earned just as much if not more than those who settled out of court, and they maintained the right to be interviewed by Dan Rather and give interviews to Newsweek to further expose what happened.