PDA

View Full Version : Affirmative Action

TSA
05-06-2009, 01:18 AM
a debate has been heating up on whether or not affirmative action is needed anymore and if it's causing 'reverse discrimination'.

what are your thoughts?

nebraska just got rid of affirmative action with the last election.

diggy
05-06-2009, 01:37 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe it needs to be upheld. If a wrong is practiced, it needs to be righted. Righting it could mean giving non-whites opportunities that were denied to them in the past.

TSA
05-06-2009, 01:48 AM
i think the only remaining major problems in the black community are internal and white ppl are irrelevant.

therefore i dont think we need affirmative action, the ones that are good at shit and work are good at shit and work, the ones that aren't and dont dont work, or work shitty jawbs like any other race.

i can see why it's needed in a place like nebraska, but like, fucking atlanta?

or any other non nebraskan city? lol
who the hell is discriminating on you?
you have to be on the hunt for white ppl before you see them

all affirmative does is make is so that once the black quote is filled for racist employers, they don't look anymore, and in fact close the door

this also allows a lot of shitty employees like myself to get jobs and make all black ppl look bad, elohel.

i dont think it's needed anymore and handouts hurt more then they help, but its sad that white ppl suck so much at existing in society that such a law has to be made.

drippie k
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
affirmative action is retarded
if a white guy is more qualified for a job than his black counterpart of the same age, he should get the job...but if a black guy is more qualified than a white guy, by all means

unless its something like being santa claus at the mall, anyone remember that thread a while back about a black dude who sued a mall who wouldn't hire him as santa??
santa's white, always has been and always will be

it's like if kwanzaa had a "mascot" (or whatever you wanna call it) and a white guy tried out for the part at a mall or somewhere else, he'd be laughed at

TSA
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
i agree with dripple k, aka the KKK

on the santa thing

fuck that, santa's white. Just like the last samurai being tom cruise was gay, a black santa would be gay too.

what kinda nigga lives in the north pole

mastapowerful
05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I would be uncomfortable working at a job that I got based on my race!!! It's sad but I think that affirmative action is still needed in some places!!!

5hundred&one
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
There isn't quite the level of racial discrimination in the US these days that would warrant it, but black people are still feeling the effects of racism from half a century ago. It's sort of a tricky question, because there could be plenty of instances where affirmative action is put to good use, but there will always be people who take advantage of it, when it's supposed to be something that's there to help certain people get past a disposition.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
i dont think its good.

An analogy i will make that probably has nothing to do with it is bussing within the Cleveland public school system.

Back in the 60's, the morons in power thought it would be a good idea to start integrated bussing, basically, bussing kids from one neighborhood to go to school in another neighborhood.
They thought this 'forced integration' would magically make everyone accept eachother and everything would by like fairytale land!! yippee!

Well, the reality is that there were a number of problems.

1) Why the fuck would someone want to go to school on the other side of town??? Its a major inconvenience for not only the students, but the parents, because most of Cleveland aint rich.

2) You started bringing black kids to white neighborhoods and whites to blacks, and thats not even counting mixing the different white groups into other places. It causes friction and tension.

3) Some neighborhoods are more stable and safer than others. This presents a problem when you sent a kid from one of these more stable neighborhoods into a worse one, or when you bring a kid from a worse one into a better one.

4) What a waste of money. Instead of new textbooks and upgraded facility, they are bussing kids all the way across the city.

5) The result of alot of this was riots and tensions.

To me, any kind of forced integration is stupid.

I don't think any company should be forced to higher anyone based on the color of their skin.

That being said, unlawful hiring practices should be cracked down on.

I dunno, part of it, like TSA said, is internal.
You gotta start your own businesses and keep in in the family first, than as you expand, into the community.

Giving away handouts is never the answer it seems. It just makes people expect more handouts and in a way, makes them more dependent rather than independent.

Black Man
05-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Seems like nobody really knows what Affirmative Action is and how it functions.

Is Affirmative Action needed? No, it never was needed. A solution to the problem is needed. Affirmative Action opened more doors than it actually closed.

Does Affirmative Action cause reverse discrimination? No.

Prolifical ENG
05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Seems like nobody really knows what Affirmative Action is and how it functions.

What is Affirmative Action?

How does it function?

Black Man
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM
affirmative action is retarded
if a white guy is more qualified for a job than his black counterpart of the same age, he should get the job...but if a black guy is more qualified than a white guy, by all means

THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES. THIS ISN'T HOW AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FUNCTIONS OR FUNCTIONED.

THIS IS A COMMON ARGUMENT AND MISCONCEPTION FOR A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO THINK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION GIVES UNQUALIFIED BLACK PEOPLE JOBS WHEN A MORE QUALIFIED WHITE PERSON IS UP FOR THE SAME POSITION.

ONE OF THE REASONS FOR AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, IS BECAUSE WHITE PEOPLE WOULD HIRE OTHER WHITE PEOPLE EVEN WHEN AN EQUALLY OR MORE QUALIFIED NON-WHITE WAS APPLYING FOR THE SAME POSITION.

IT'S INTERESTING HOW THIS ASPECT OF SOCIETY IS OVERLOOKED.

unless its something like being santa claus at the mall, anyone remember that thread a while back about a black dude who sued a mall who wouldn't hire him as santa??
santa's white, always has been and always will be

it's like if kwanzaa had a "mascot" (or whatever you wanna call it) and a white guy tried out for the part at a mall or somewhere else, he'd be laughed at

Hmmmm....so because Santa Clause is white only white people should play that role?

I'm wondering why a white female would play the role of a black woman (cleopatra)? I guess when it comes to white people portraying black people that's ok, but for a black person to portray a white character, that's a no no?

I know what it is, black people can play the role of any negative stereotype, but when it comes to playing a black role that shows black people in a positive light that's a no no and those black characters are replaced by white people....is that how it works?

Now where's the equality?

Why does the devil keep our own people apart from their social equality?

None of these measures would be needed if those who write and enforce the law were able to keep their word.

Have you not heard that your word shall be bond regardless of whom or what?

Mr. Muhammad
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Salaam (Peace) to all.

Waiting for our historical enemies to do us a favor is not "affirmative action".

Getting up and doing for ourselves is "Affirmative Action"...and that is definitely needed!

"Affirmative Action" is what you do for YOURSELF...not what someone else does for you.

RM

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
05-06-2009, 06:47 PM
When did militant black people start claiming Egyptians?

Nobody is completely "black" or "white". All skin color is a spectrum.

At what point of pigmentation does one become "black"? Are mexicans black? Israelis? Saudi Arabians?

I have a tan...am I black?

Santa Claus is a fictional character who happened to be white.

Fat Albert is a fictional character who happened to be black.

So what?

Mr. Muhammad
05-06-2009, 06:57 PM
When did militant black people start claiming Egyptians?

You do know that the Egypt(KMT) is in AFRICA, right? And that the Ancient Egyptians were AFRICANS?

Interesting how people are comfortable accepting the position of "superiority" occupied by white people, yet the idea of "black pride" triggers a plethora of defense mechanisms manifested as everything from denial to sarcasm.

RM

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
You do know that the Egypt(KMT) is in AFRICA, right? And that the Ancient Egyptians were AFRICANS?

Interesting how people are comfortable accepting the position of "superiority" occupied by white people, yet the idea of "black pride" triggers a plethora of defense mechanisms manifested as everything from denial to sarcasm.

RM

I fail to see your point.

Obviously, I am aware of Egypt's location.

Regardless, all historical evidence indicates that their skin tone is lighter in tone than what is widely labeled as "Black" today.

Of course, in my opinion "black" and "white" are artificial, man-made terms used to divide and dehumanize. But that isn't the point.

There is nothing wrong with pride at all, be it pride in one's self or pride in one's heritage.

However, I look at "black pride" in the same way that I look at "white pride".

Both are artificial constructs that imply pride in one's self and other people who are superficially like them, at the expense of respect for those that look different.

Don't try to project your bigoted views on to me because I commented on the difference of skin tone between modern-day "black" people and Egyptians, who, incidentally, are very racist towards "black" people.

drippie k
05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
so because Santa Clause is white only white people should play that role?
uhmm....duh

and yes, because santa claus is white he should be played by a white person
storm from the x-men should always be played by a black chick
catwoman should not
blade should always be played by a black person, not white because thats just not part of the character
vega in the newest street fighter movie is played by an asian when clearly in the video game (and in the older movie) he was spanish

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Kleopatra-VII.-Altes-Museum-Berlin1.jpg/175px-Kleopatra-VII.-Altes-Museum-Berlin1.jpg
cleopatra was egyptian of greek descent and spoke mainly greek ya retard, just like the last few pharoahs before her... get your facts straight dumbass

northern africans are usually arabic..there are black people, but it's mostly arabs

LORD NOSE
05-06-2009, 09:12 PM
i think the only remaining major problems in the black community are internal and white ppl are irrelevant.

then...your thinking is off - way off

there is no black community

just places where black people were allowed to live and breed

we own nothing in these places - no supermarkets no apartment buildings

we don't control what comes in or out

we don't run the school system or the schools

we are taught mostly by whites who live no where near us

and i didn't even break the skin yet

Olive Oil Goombah
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Well sunny, tell some of those drug dealers to start opening up businesses and going legit with the money they wash.

They won't do that tho.

There are ways of doing things, you just haven't figured them out.

I can see why the black american might not know. They have been enslaved so long, that they are totally dependent.

But thats where you gotta embrace a real African like TSA cuz he's got the 'knowledge' you need to 'build'.

But instead, you will become sensitive and wallow in your own pathetic misery.

The problems might not all be internal, but thats where the progress is going to have to be made. From the inside out.

You can't expect the 'system' you speak of to change for you when you ain't even willing to change yourself.

And if this so called 'system' you speak of will never change because its evil, why haven't you already taken matters into your own hands????

LORD NOSE
05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I can see why the black american might not know. They have been enslaved so long, that they are totally dependent.

But thats where you gotta embrace a real African like TSA cuz he's got the 'knowledge' you need to 'build'.

__________________________________________________ _________