PDA

View Full Version : Rza on Twelve Jewelz

Tyler Durden
05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I've probably only listened to this track a couple of times and each time was at my old job so I didn't have a proper chance to really take in the lyrics.

On the track he mentions the 12 Jewels of Islam

Knowledge, Wisdom, Understanding, Freedom, Justice, Equality, Food, Clothing, Shelter, Love, Peace and Happiness.

I understand that this links into religion and things that I haven't even properly looked into, I was just thinking about it and how it links to my life.

Knowledge - The knowledge in my life is my college work. But does construction work count as knowledge or just information?

Wisdom - Eeerrr? to me, wisdom comes with age and experience and I don't feel like I have wisdom in anything as of yet.

Understanding - Again, I have to ask, understanding of what? or who?

Freedom - This one confuses me too as I am free, unless it's a much deeper meaning of how none of us are free and how we are all shackled by the chains of greed and competition in life (you know what I mean)

Justice - (See Peace)

Equality - Are we talking race here?

Food ----\

Clothing ----- I have food, clothing and shelter - (should I be looking deeper here)

Shelter ----/

Love - I'm married, love my wife more than anything. Won't ever cheat because I know I won't get what I have from anyone else. This also paired with family and friends.

Peace - The peace and justice part seems a little contradictive as peace means to me ‘world peace’, but justice would mean justice for some wrong doing which would mean there is no peace. Or is it simply being 'at peace with yourself' if it is, where does the justice part come into the equation?

Happiness - Happiness again is a difficult one as I'm happy at home, I'm happy with my family, I'm happy with my friends and I'm ecstatic I've got a kid on the way since we planned for it, no accidents. But there’s the struggle of paying for the attic to be converted into another bedroom before the baby comes, not being able to go to the Dominican to see my sister get married because we spent our cash getting married in Cuba, constantly worrying that our 8 week old baby is okay.

Have I been looking at this all wrong or am I right in some way?
There’s a lot more to it that what I’ve written obviously but I’m just curious to hear other peoples views

LORD NOSE
05-07-2009, 03:32 AM
The God gave us those so that we can refocus on living in an elevated State
and focus on what and who we have with us instead of hoping for good times to drop out of the sky for us

its a portion of a program

get up and do for self

Secure and Protect your Wisdom

Make your Knowledge Born - in very simple words - have something to show for - make manifest what you know and establish foundation as Knowledge - Take what you Know and Do For Self -

Kemeticly Doubs
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
word up yo...i feel dat no doubt