PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool solo movie starring Ryan Reynolds in the works

sdeblasi
05-06-2009, 10:27 PM
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/05/exclusive-deadpool-solo-movie-confirmed-ryan-reynolds-attached-to-wolverine-spin-off/

TAURO
05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
We all saw this coming considering the opening weekend for Wolverine.

oDoUoSoKo
05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
ya, alhough i am most definetely not watching it...being that Deadpool is my 2nd favorite marvel character

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-09-2009, 05:29 AM
yeah, just like they fucked up Wolverine...this is going in the same footsteps.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
05-09-2009, 08:09 AM
honestly,after seeing wolverine,i dont know if im gonna be as hyped for this project..i think marvel really needs to slow down

oDoUoSoKo
05-09-2009, 09:45 AM
agreed^^

Storm
05-09-2009, 11:52 AM
honestly,after seeing wolverine,i dont know if im gonna be as hyped for this project..i think marvel really needs to slow down
Fox not Marvel.

oDoUoSoKo
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
i think Marvel (the people responsible for licensing this shit) need to chill

RADIOACTIVE MAN
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
end of story

Sky Blue Bally Kid
05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Will this be set after Wolverine?

***WOLVERINE SPOILER*** I think the fact that they made the character a bit too hard (healing, teleportation, laser vision) won't make for that good a film.

TAURO
05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Most likely it will be set after Wolverine.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
the only thing i'm looking forward to is deadpool's (the comic character) reaction/commentary about his fucked up portrayal

and co-sign on marvel needing to slow down, not just them all the movie studios need to slow down on the comic adaptations before they destroy the market for such things...oversaturation will kill a genre for years...remember when a comic movie used to be a special occurence (1989 batman for example)

TAURO
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Nah, i've waited long enough for these movies to come along, im fully embracing the superhero movie boom.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
^^^i agree, it is a comic fan's dream come true, but the majority of them have been shit, not even by the fan standard of fidelity to the material, but just as films...it's all personal preference but i'd have a hard time naming 5 superhero flicks from this decade that were good films.

oDoUoSoKo
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
co sign^

TAURO
05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
^^^i agree, it is a comic fan's dream come true, but the majority of them have been shit, not even by the fan standard of fidelity to the material, but just as films...it's all personal preference but i'd have a hard time naming 5 superhero flicks from this decade that were good films.

I could easily name five but I think you need to ask yourself what constitutes a good film? within the context of the action movie genre of course. While I do agree that alot of them have been shit, they have been progressively getting better and better.

I think alot of you comic fans are too overly critical, I mean it's not like comics are that deep to begin with, and don't even get me started on the plot holes and inconsistencies. The truth is that these movies can never truly live up to your expectations because comic fans in general have their own movies already mapped out in their heads and there is nothing hollywood can do to compete with that.

Mr. X
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
For one, they could stick to the source material a little better.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
tauro, why does the action movie genre (or any genre film) automatically lower the critical standards or expectations? i mean 'heat' is classified as an action film, and is just overall an amazing movie. 'blade runner' is sci-fi and that shit is Art. i think something like 'dark knight' raised the bar where you can have a serious and compelling drama where the protagonist happens to dress in a goofy costume. i personally don't think your standards should change based on the genre...except maybe comedy, because the pacing, editing, shot compositions are all subordinate to the funny.

i really can't name 5. the only ones i can think of is batman begins, dark knight, and watchmen. and even watchmen had its flaws; i mean spidey 2, x-men 2, and iron man come close to me, but like most comic adaptations, they just completely self destruct in their third acts with over the top melodrama as a substitute for good filmmaking.

by good films, i mean compelling plots, and performances, quality cinematography, effects that are good but aren't a substitute for substance.

and i'm not trying to start some e-beef flame war bullshit, i'm curious which films you think measure up.

oh yeah! sin city was awesome too, maybe the best. 300 was visually stunning but very stupid.

Tecknowledgist
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
ryan reynolds in the starring role will definitely get him to be the "merc with the mouth"

he's good with that shit haha

oDoUoSoKo
05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
i agree with vay...but heres 5

Sin City
Batman Returns
Dark Knight
Iron Man
Superman (1)

those first 3 are my favs..so as far as that generalization about comic fans being over critical.....bullshit..im a film student dude, a film is a film to me...judged the same way (fairly, with me)

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-12-2009, 07:47 PM
^^^well i said 5 this decade lol (basically because of how prevalent comic book movies have become in the 2000s)...but superman I is the shit, one of the best ever, and i like superman II as well even with the cellophane superman symbol trap..wtf

and batman returns was rawness personified...loved that

Guarded By Martyrs
05-14-2009, 11:28 PM
As I know little to nothing about Deadpool, I'm looking forward to this.

oDoUoSoKo
05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
^^^well i said 5 this decade lol (basically because of how prevalent comic book movies have become in the 2000s)...but superman I is the shit, one of the best ever, and i like superman II as well even with the cellophane superman symbol trap..wtf

and batman returns was rawness personified...loved that
my bad, didnt see the, this decade thing...cuz in that case....

Eradicate
05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
tauro, why does the action movie genre (or any genre film) automatically lower the critical standards or expectations? i mean 'heat' is classified as an action film, and is just overall an amazing movie. 'blade runner' is sci-fi and that shit is Art. i think something like 'dark knight' raised the bar where you can have a serious and compelling drama where the protagonist happens to dress in a goofy costume. i personally don't think your standards should change based on the genre...except maybe comedy, because the pacing, editing, shot compositions are all subordinate to the funny.

i really can't name 5. the only ones i can think of is batman begins, dark knight, and watchmen. and even watchmen had its flaws; i mean spidey 2, x-men 2, and iron man come close to me, but like most comic adaptations, they just completely self destruct in their third acts with over the top melodrama as a substitute for good filmmaking.

by good films, i mean compelling plots, and performances, quality cinematography, effects that are good but aren't a substitute for substance.

and i'm not trying to start some e-beef flame war bullshit, i'm curious which films you think measure up.

oh yeah! sin city was awesome too, maybe the best. 300 was visually stunning but very stupid.

nicely put. im a noob so i can't rep

everyone in here knows when this movie comes out that their going to see it. don't bullshit yourself