PDA

View Full Version : What is the purest form of ART?

EAGLE EYE
05-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I personally think it's all a matter of opinion but people on this message board like one of our favorite new posters 'speakonitGod' believes graffiti art is Ze most purest form of art!

I'm going to have say MUSIC IS THE MOST PUREST FORM OF ART. Considering it has existed since the beginning of time. It comes from the soul and body and not an aerosol can. Graffiti art hasn't even existed for more than 50 years and it probably won't exceed that number. I love the creativity graff culture brings but its biggest flaw is it will never be accepted by the majority of society since you are in fact defacing someone's property for your own gain no matter how cool you made it look.

TSA
05-08-2009, 01:06 AM
talking.

and when he was naked with the sign board under his concave ass after being online bullied into nudity

but talking is the purest.

EAGLE EYE
05-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Talking?

elaborate..

DeeBlock
05-08-2009, 01:37 AM
I agree. Music is the purest are form.

NIGHT MAYOR
05-08-2009, 02:47 AM
imagine, tza not knowing the meaning of 'art' - shocking

poetry.

painters use brushes which is far from an extension of themselves, musicians use heaps of different equipment - etc etc etc.

NIGHT MAYOR
05-08-2009, 02:49 AM
graffiti is older than 50 years, pagens marked churches with symbols and such with a paint like substance.

EAGLE EYE
05-08-2009, 02:57 AM
graffiti is older than 50 years, pagens marked churches with symbols and such with a paint like substance.

No thats a bad example. It shouldn't be compared to that. I'm talking about the form that was born and evolved with hip hop.

TSA
05-08-2009, 03:44 AM
if anyone can give me a meaning of art that excludes the meaning of talking then i will except my unpredictable ether.

left field brah, out of no where

but i say talking because art is essentially expression, and spoken word whether in a highly stylistic fashion or just talking is the purest way you can express yourself and ideas.

unless you can find a form of communication more clear and pure then speaking. which you can't.

beautifulrock
05-08-2009, 03:47 AM
A really hot girl taking a dump on another hot girl during a tag sale.

beautifulrock
05-08-2009, 03:53 AM
if anyone can give me a meaning of art that excludes the meaning of talking then i will except my unpredictable ether.

left field brah, out of no where

but i say talking because art is essentially expression, and spoken word whether in a highly stylistic fashion or just talking is the purest way you can express yourself and ideas.

unless you can find a form of communication more clear and pure then speaking. which you can't.In all seriousness, this is my personal impression of art...a convergence of conflicting ideas so thought provoking, it invokes either an emotional or intellectual response that leaves a lasting impression. Graffiti can be, but is not always art. "Tagging" your name, no matter how pretty is NOT art, it's just pure egotism.

and TSA's right, i know people that make talking an artform, and not even spoken word, just generalized conversations...why do you think they call con men "con artists"

LORD NOSE
05-08-2009, 04:03 AM
any art form that Hip Hop expresses

ALCATRAZ
05-08-2009, 06:39 AM
I personally think it's all a matter of opinion but people on this message board like one of our favorite new posters 'speakonitGod' believes graffiti art is Ze most purest form of art!

first of all ur diggin too deep graffiti is the purest form of art in regards to shit you do with paint and all that ... music is a whole different story

Graffiti art hasn't even existed for more than 50 years and it probably won't exceed that number.

ur a moron man has been writing on walls since before ur white ass even had a family heirloom... niggaz used 2 scrawl shit on walls about cuttin cesars head off ... tha first known piece of history of jesus is someone writing his name and scriptures on walls ... illegally of course... u moron ...

and i will stand by what i said graffiti is tha purest form of art that you actually do with visuals not music u dumb fuck

I'm talking about the form that was born and evolved with hip hop.

its funny because you dont even know your hip hop history listen up son ima give u a quick jewel graffiti as we kno it 2day pre dates hip hop about a full decade so u can quit that "born and evolved" shit cuz its a farce ... graffiti is a major player in hip hop but hip hop is not a part of graffiti ... do you get it now?

i like when dudes have opinions on shit they know nothing about ... its funny 2 me

slang gargoyle droppin nawledge on zee heep hawp graffiteez

LORD NOSE
05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
share the knowledge without all the name calling ahk

its gonna cause him to sling insults your way

then yall will go back and forth

then i'll have to put it in the Hate Mail Thread

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-08-2009, 08:39 AM
the universe is created basically from soundwaves.

EAGLE EYE
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
share the knowledge without all the name calling ahk

its gonna cause him to sling insults your way

then yall will go back and forth

then i'll have to put it in the Hate Mail Thread

Thats the problem. He can't even converse without sounding like a 14 year old asian punk that just got done listening to his 2pac albums. I really think hes lying about his age just so he can be accepted into the forum.

I want proof graffiti predated hip hop by a decade. Also if you are going to make a blatant statement about "graff being the purest form of art" what the hell do you expect? You said "ART" which is pretty broad.

By the way dont break up what I write into invididual quotes and comment on them. It makes you look inferior.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
What is ART?

Are we ART?

Is ART ART?

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_joaniecox/lisa11.jpg

LORD NOSE
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I want proof graffiti predated hip hop by a decade.

it did -

i told you it did

there's your proof

By the way dont break up what I write into invididual quotes and comment on them. It makes you look inferior.

it makes me look inferior to retarded people who are too blind to see my superiority

yall can tell each other about each other through PMs

TSA
05-08-2009, 12:36 PM
What is ART?

Are we ART?

Is ART ART?

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_joaniecox/lisa11.jpg

Salaam.

beautifulrock
05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
the universe is created basically from soundwaves.No, it's not. In fact soundwaves can't travel in a vacuum, which space is, so your whole "theory" is absolutely ludicrous. People say the word "basically", when they're full of shit.

ALCATRAZ
05-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I really think hes lying about his age just so he can be accepted into the forum.

i was born in 1986 bitch

I want proof graffiti predated hip hop by a decade.

see thats tha thing, thats what makes you such a perpetrator ... u over here askin ME to do the work for you when you can do what any normal human does and research it for your damn self ... like i said before if u have no knowledge on the subject than u need 2 remain a fan and not try 2 act like u kno shit

newayz, back in the 40's there was a cat in the military named kilroy who wrote his name on bombs and anything else he could find in close range .. as far as roadside shit cornbread has been doin it since the mid to late SIXTIES ... but like i said b4 this shit has been goin on since tha roman empire n shit ... its jus writin on walls junior, plain n simple

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
No, it's not. In fact soundwaves can't travel in a vacuum, which space is, so your whole "theory" is absolutely ludicrous. People say the word "basically", when they're full of shit.

space isnt a vacuum. space is space filled with frequencies (atoms etc) ocillating at different speeds (sound).

this is what creates the universe and everything within. frequencies. sound is nothing more than a frequency range that creates "sound" to the human ear.

everything we see/feel/hear is a frequency of some sort.

beautifulrock
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
space isnt a vacuum. space is space filled with frequencies (atoms etc) ocillating at different speeds (sound).

this is what creates the universe and everything within. frequencies. sound is nothing more than a frequency range that creates "sound" to the human ear.

everything we see/feel/hear is a frequency of some sort.space is a vacuum. Sound waves don't contain mass or matter. Stop pretending you're a scientist.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-08-2009, 04:32 PM
stop pretending you know what your talking about. EVERYTHING contains matter, every-thing. Its impossible for anythign in the universe not to be made of matter at some level. Im not trying to get into serious a debate with you about this because i can tell you dont know anything about this, your just looking for arguments, as usual.

All matter is, is a frequency.

And i know You dont know about the quantum level, stop frontin nigga.

beautifulrock
05-08-2009, 04:42 PM
stop pretending you know what your talking about. EVERYTHING contains matter, every-thing. Its impossible for anythign in the universe not to be made of matter at some level. Im not trying to get into serious a debate with you about this because i can tell you dont know anything about this, your just looking for arguments, as usual.

All matter is, is a frequency.

And i know You dont know about the quantum level, stop frontin nigga.
you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about
1. Light2. Sound3. Heat4. Energy5. Gravity6. Time
don't contain matter. so shut the fuck up donkey and do some homework. Read a fucking wikipedia page for once. Of course you're gonna come back and argue about dark matter, which hasn't been proven, so forget about that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
you can keep typing "you dont know what your talking about" while giving us your high school level science "knowledge", while i stay kicking straight facts!

"Of course you're gonna come back and argue about dark matter, which hasn't been proven, so forget about that."

^^haha nig your so elementary at this, i wouldnt get into this, its gonna be ANOTHER self ether for u.

Who is out to prove dark matter? If you knew what you were speaking on, you would already know dark matter is just something made up by physicists to fill in the huge gap in their equations of the universal make up. No-one is saying that its even a "matter", its just the name for the anomaly that they are THEORIZING should be there, but is missing.

You know, like the dick that SHOULD be between your legs, but isnt.

beautifulrock
05-08-2009, 05:39 PM
matter doesn't exist in a perfect vacuum. perfect vacuums have been reproduced in laboratories. Therefore your assertion that matter exists every-where is wrong.

And I have to be elementary, because you don't seem to even understand those kind of principals, but lets go back to your original statement because I don't think you explained that yet.

EAGLE EYE
05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
OHHH Shitt! The space nerds are hijacking the art thread!

And Sunny I wasn't addressing you when I said don't break my responses up into fragments and comment on them. I did a poor job at addressing you then redirecting my attention to the Asian Bart Simpson.

And Asian Bart Simpson: I never proclaimed I was an expert on graffiti. Are you an expert? A scholar? A shot caller?

ALCATRAZ
05-09-2009, 03:09 AM
just admit you dont know shit about it ur here sayin that graffiti evolved with hip hop which in certain arguments can be true but since you dont even have knowledge of the foundation ur opinion is null and void

i know a shit load about graffiti, and i still dont know shit about graffiti ... shits that deep

LORD NOSE
05-09-2009, 03:31 AM

everything we see/feel/hear is a frequency of some sort.

interesting

light being the result of sound

thoughts

beautifulrock
05-09-2009, 04:30 AM
there are very minute particles in space, it's not a perfect vacuum but it is in all practicality a vacuum, and sound waves cannot travel in a vacuum, so you can't hear anything in space....that said light and sound are products of energy and sound is the displacement of matter through a medium (gas, solid, liquid, plasma) as is light, but light is a much higher frequency in the spectrum of electromagnetic energy and can exist in a vacuum. Light is not the result of sound. Think about it. Light happens before sound, and both are products of a physical reaction i.e. energy, as is the universe's expansion from the Big Bang until now.

LORD NOSE
05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
light and sound on a higher level

you don't always have to hear sound

beautifulrock
05-09-2009, 04:40 AM
you don't hear sound, you hear noise, which is our ear's interpretation to soundwaves, many frequencies simply can't be interpreted by our ears, so yes, you don't always have to hear sound just as you don't always have to see light (ultraviolet/infra-red)

EAGLE EYE
05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
just admit you dont know shit about it ur here sayin that graffiti evolved with hip hop which in certain arguments can be true but since you dont even have knowledge of the foundation ur opinion is null and void

i know a shit load about graffiti, and i still dont know shit about graffiti ... shits that deep

What is the purest form of art?

ALCATRAZ
05-09-2009, 03:43 PM
that can be seen literally? graffiti HANDS DOWN

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-09-2009, 04:16 PM
i agree graffitti is one of the purest forms of art. i could go on for pages with all the different sociological reasons why it it, but i dont have time right now. and b rock, im not gonna continue discussing space shit with someone who still thinks the big bang happened.