PDA

View Full Version : How much longer will it be...

noel411
05-08-2009, 02:52 AM
before humankind accepts the FACT that our current religions have failed us, and continue to fail us?

What can be done to speed up this process?

What will it take for our religious leaders to accept the fact that they don't have all the answers, and acknowledge and address the fact that there are flaws in their teachings?

LORD NOSE
05-08-2009, 03:01 AM
people fail religion

Compulsion
05-08-2009, 03:13 AM
people fail religion

The problem is that religion is trying to answer questions that we have no way of knowing if it is right or wrong. What we do have is our beliefs. I don't think I would go as far to say that religion is failing the people, but that is more likely than people failing religion. If a teacher teaches a class and not one student learned from that class, is it the students fault or the curriculum?

diggy
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I think it is a misconception that 'religion' was even authorized by the scriptures. Words attributed to Jesus in the bible say he was against the priests. Jesus was not a priest himself but a teacher. Was Moses a 'Rabbi"? Was Muhammad a shiek? All these positions have nothing to do with their messages, but is an attempt at man to organize people to take advantage of them.

LORD NOSE
05-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I think it is a misconception that 'religion' was even authorized by the scriptures. Words attributed to Jesus in the bible say he was against the priests. Jesus was not a priest himself but a teacher. Was Moses a 'Rabbi"? Was Muhammad a shiek? All these positions have nothing to do with their messages, but is an attempt at man to organize people to take advantage of them.

deep and true - many don't realize this

what if a large number of people suddenly realizes this

some religions were set up by the enemies of those prophets - they used the names of the prophets to misguide the people into working for them unknowingly

diggy
05-08-2009, 06:49 PM
deep and true - many don't realize this

what if a large number of people suddenly realizes this

some religions were set up by the enemies of those prophets - they used the names of the prophets to misguide the people into working for them unknowingly

If they realize this, it would probably open up their eyes to the fact that they may even be deceived in other aspects of their lives. Maybe this would start them into thinking for themselves and trusting their own interpretations of things and judgments.

People need to read the scriptures for themselves, maybe form study groups and find out the truth of what the scripture says.

There was some guy who was on the Oprah show a few months ago. He dedicated a few months of his time for living out teachings in the bible literally. The outcome of his experiment was written into a book and the results which were too many to name (or remember) were surprising. I wish I could remember his name.

On a side note, that guy also dedicated some time into memorizing an entire encyclopedia.

LORD NOSE
05-09-2009, 02:44 AM
If they realize this, it would probably open up their eyes to the fact that they may even be deceived in other aspects of their lives. Maybe this would start them into thinking for themselves and trusting their own interpretations of things and judgments.

there is a time to be on your own

whatever path you chose, there will be a few others on it as well

People need to read the scriptures for themselves, maybe form study groups and find out the truth of what the scripture says.

there are many -

There was some guy who was on the Oprah show a few months ago. He dedicated a few months of his time for living out teachings in the bible literally. The outcome of his experiment was written into a book and the results which were too many to name (or remember) were surprising. I wish I could remember his name.

On a side note, that guy also dedicated some time into memorizing an entire encyclopedia.

some people are crazy - some people are not

diggy
05-09-2009, 02:56 AM
some people are crazy - some people are not

The point I did not state about the man is that people were surprised when he lived out the bible cuz he had to do things that were considered strange to put it nicely. But if those people read the bible, they would have known that. They do not read it, but put their trust in the interpretations of 'priests'.

LORD NOSE
05-09-2009, 03:04 AM
The point I did not state about the man is that people were surprised when he lived out the bible cuz he had to do things that were considered strange to put it nicely. But if those people read the bible, they would have known that. They do not read it, but put their trust in the interpretations of 'priests'.

on some level true

a "priest" usually has to have went to a seminary

and they learn the business of being a priest

tax free gubment money included

approved

not a threat or target

diggy
05-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Yup.

And Jesus was the opposite; he was against the priests.

He was against the powers that be (or was) and that made him a target.