PDA

View Full Version : An Inglorious Basterds Prequel?

TAURO
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM
This month marks the Cannes Film Festival, where Quentin Tarantino's latest film, Inglourious Basterds, will make its debut. Though it was only last summer that Tarantino finalized the script for Inglourious Basterds, he's had his eye on the purposefully misspelled title since his days working as a video-store clerk in California, back when Enzo G. Castellari's 1978 flick, Inglorious Basterds, was on the shelves.

"The guys at Video Archives were like, 'Quentin, maybe one of these days you'll make your Inglorious Bastards,” Tarantino recalled. “But they hadn't even seen the movie, all right, it was just a great title. I love the movie, don't get me wrong, but it's not a remake."

No, Tarantino's film is an animal onto itself, telling the story of a group of Jewish-American soldiers on a mission to terrorize the Nazis with the help of some tactical scalping and a baseball bat.

"I wasn't out to teach a history lesson,” explains Tarantino. “You can turn on the History Channel – which might as well be called the Hitler Channel. I just wanted to tell my story and have the same freedom I would have telling any story. I want the act of writing to be so fulfilling that I have to question do I want to even make that movie."

And depending upon how well audiences like Tarantino's story, there could be similar tales lurking in the future. Case in point: the subplot about African-American soldiers trapped behind enemy lines that Tarantino left out of Inglourious Basterds, but which he hinted could become its own movie if the conditions are right.

"I have a half-written prequel ready to go if this movie's a smash,” he promised.

Interesting.

the scarecrow
05-12-2009, 12:27 PM
i can't wait for this movie

RADIOACTIVE MAN
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
me too

Mr. X
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I lol'd at Hitler Channel because it's true.

Rame
05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I have never been disappointed by any of his movies so this can't be bad.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Based on the trailer, this film will be savaged by critics, but will be really enjoyable.

THUGNIFICENT
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
hope this is back to tarantino's dope shit. i thought Death Proof was horrible.

battle?
05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
this will def be tarintino's finest work

oDoUoSoKo
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
hope this is back to tarantino's dope shit. i thought Death Proof was horrible.
there as applause at the end of grindhouse where i was....i fuckin loved it.

the scarecrow
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
grindhouse in the theatre was the shit

THUGNIFICENT
05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
i loved planet terror and the commercials in the theater, but death proof didn't do well at all.

Rame
05-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Death Proof was dope.

main_man
05-13-2009, 06:31 PM
this is the movie i want to see the most this summer, no question.

and death proof was dope.