PDA

View Full Version : Fake Homeless People

EAGLE EYE
05-13-2009, 02:12 AM
They do exist.

Most are junkies from low income housing pan handling for their extra drug money. Don't give them your money out of guilt. If you want to help out the real homeless who are often mentally disabled and incapable of employment and basic social skills you're better off donating to a shelter, program or rehabilitation center.

If you just can't refuse, then give them food. Not money. Food. The ones who have it the worse appreciate that. I had a friend who once brought one of 'em out to eat at a diner.

I just watched the Kenny Vs. Spenny espisode where they faked being homeless. They made out pretty well in some instances.

LORD NOSE
05-13-2009, 02:53 AM
this is an announcement right

ALCATRAZ
05-13-2009, 03:08 AM
in san francisco u can make a career out of "playing" homeless ... i hang out with some kids who look so bummy that when we chill at certain spots people just give us money ... its funny

Compulsion
05-13-2009, 03:20 AM
in san francisco u can make a career out of "playing" homeless ... i hang out with some kids who look so bummy that when we chill at certain spots people just give us money ... its funny

Last time I was in S.F. I remember walking around China Town and seeing the cops telling the homeless people that they were not going to arrest them so they might as well give up.

Prolifical ENG
05-13-2009, 12:51 PM
That is a problem in many cities.

I remember one guy outside a nightclub at like 3am begging for money from the nicely dressed people leaving. I observed him as I was getting a sausage from the stand and chilling by the curb. He emptied out his can often..maybe after 2-3 successful encounters....from the sound jingling in his oversized pocket, he must have had over $100 worth of change....probably made that night.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I remember when I was about 11 on holiday in Spain at a resturant
This young kid would walk around each table with a pot with some money in it
He was dirty and wearing rags, and was collecting from all the tourists
The owner of the resturant kicked him in the ass, and told him to get out
I was baffled at the time, I thought it was heartless to carry on like that to poor child.

Later on he told us that he sees that kid all the time, and he's far from being poor
His family is actually quite wealthy he said, and he has brothers and sisters
Who do the same thing all day, then they go back to a big house with loads of money
He said it's wrong because untill you clock who are genuine and who aren't
You assume that they are all lying, which isn't fair on the ones who really are in need.
That really opened my eyes to see how far some people will go for money.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Venice beach is fucking infested.

I got into some crazy fuckign convosations at bus stops in LA. peopel have really lost their minds out there they shouldnt be on the street they should be getting help in mental institutions. I noticed actually california in general for some reason has alot of clinically insane people walking around talking to themselves. USA is the only country where you see this.

THE MASON
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
^ the real shame is that those kids already had money, they just wanted more of it.

Greed is a horrible thing

Olive Oil Goombah
05-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Venice beach is fucking infested.

I got into some crazy fuckign convosations at bus stops in LA. peopel have really lost their minds out there they shouldnt be on the street they should be getting help in mental institutions. I noticed actually california in general for some reason has alot of clinically insane people walking around talking to themselves. USA is the only country where you see this.

alot of people go to Cali with grand ideas,hopes and plans and dont wind up making it

ALCATRAZ
05-13-2009, 03:10 PM
bingo ... but realistically most homeless people you see in northern cali (oakland, sf, berkeley) are almost exclusively war vets / hippy era junkies

drippie k
05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
there was a king of the hill episode about that where bobby started hanging around these kids with raggedy ass clothes who'd just stand there next a door and ask for change to go play at the arcade or something like that

i usually just give them a quarter or something, not like i put in a dollar bill

PALEHORSE
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
give them your money cuz if they were better off they wouldnt be asking for it

EAGLE EYE
05-14-2009, 01:16 AM
give them your money cuz if they were better off they wouldnt be asking for it

You really missed the point of this thread.

Some of them are just dickless fucks in disguise doing it - like its a game.

diggy
05-14-2009, 01:23 AM
A news organization did an undercover operation and found out that once a 'homeless man' left the streets in the day with money from others to go to his house that had a truck in the driveway.

Ya, a scam.

ALCATRAZ
05-14-2009, 03:11 AM
diggy y u change ur name diggy

LORD NOSE
05-14-2009, 11:39 AM
i've been homeless on the train with a thousand dollars in a crown royal bag

wasn't beggin for more though

CharlesJones
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I never give homeless people money if they ask me for some. I tell them to go get help from social services. That's wrong that some people are pretending to be homeless to get money from people. They need to be beat up for doing that. You got a lot of lazy people in the world who don't wanna work. Homeless people that really are homeless need to change their ways for their life to change and unfortunately a lot of them don't wanna change. They also have to distance themselves from other homeless people if they want a better life. The ones that have a mental problem, i think that doctors should stop giving them medication because medication isn't gonna fix their problem. They need a home, food, clothes, shoes to live. I think they should also get a disability check every other week instead of every month. Getting a check once a month isn't enough for them to survive.