PDA

View Full Version : please help if you're smart with cars!!

minibumpsh
05-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Two days ago, i was driving and i hit a car. I was trying to make a left, so I looked left, then looked right. On my right, a car slowed down and stopped to let me go. So as soon as I start going a car was whizzing by infront of me and I hit her right rear tire with my bumper. We both pulled over, this lady is like bugging out being all dramatic. There were no scratches as far as I can tell on her car. I think I may have hit her rim. There were a few scratches on my bumper and my license plate was a little bent but besides that everything else was fine. Her car didn't need to get towed or anything. She called her husband, the police, and we filed a report. I don't want to get the insurance involved because it'll make the prices per month a lot higher than I need it to be. I doont want to tell my dad because i'll get in soooo much trouble. So me being young and a girl, and unknowledgble in this area, I just asked her to get an estimate of the damages. She called me yesterday and said it was 1360, basically 1400. I dont want to pay her "basically" amount. So i asked her for a copy of the estimate, she hesitated but agreed to give it to me today. Im seeing her today and IDk what to do. What am I supposed to even say? How do i know if she's ripping me off or trying to make me pay for other things she needs to get fixed - something I didn't cause damage to? Thanks for reading this was really long

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm really dissappointed u didn't recognize me in a wig and a long skirt....you don't remember our second date?

SHRAP
05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
drive yo whip off a cliff bitch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00651/news-graphics-2007-_651777a.jpg

Ninja
05-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Id say get ur mechanic to check the car out!! she most prob is tryna rip u off... tell her to fuck off if she gives u that price again... tell her u want to check it out yourself cuz u simply dont trust her... be straight.... get it checked out urself!!

peace!

Compulsion
05-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Get it checked out yourself. I do know that when I've gotten in accidents the damage to their car was always more expensive than I would have thought. Good Luck.

TSA
05-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Two days ago, i was driving and i hit a car. I was trying to make a left, so I looked left, then looked right. On my right, a car slowed down and stopped to let me go. So as soon as I start going a car was whizzing by infront of me and I hit her right rear tire with my bumper. We both pulled over, this lady is like bugging out being all dramatic. There were no scratches as far as I can tell on her car. I think I may have hit her rim. There were a few scratches on my bumper and my license plate was a little bent but besides that everything else was fine. Her car didn't need to get towed or anything. She called her husband, the police, and we filed a report. I don't want to get the insurance involved because it'll make the prices per month a lot higher than I need it to be. I doont want to tell my dad because i'll get in soooo much trouble. So me being young and a girl, and unknowledgble in this area, I just asked her to get an estimate of the damages. She called me yesterday and said it was 1360, basically 1400. I dont want to pay her "basically" amount. So i asked her for a copy of the estimate, she hesitated but agreed to give it to me today. Im seeing her today and IDk what to do. What am I supposed to even say? How do i know if she's ripping me off or trying to make me pay for other things she needs to get fixed - something I didn't cause damage to? Thanks for reading this was really long

you're playing everything smart so far, white ppl are scumbags when it comes to shit like this.

i had it happen to me too i gave the fag the wrong number and sped off cause his gay ass was trying to tell me is scratchless motorcycle that i gently tipped into the grass would cost 780 fix then pointe dout everything that had been wrong with it for years as my fault.

i would get the estimate then go talk to a mechanic, the mechanic she came from

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-13-2009, 10:33 AM
why didnt you just perform air battery on the bitch before she could note down your shit, then ride out?

Olive Oil Goombah
05-13-2009, 10:36 AM
fuckin asians can't drive for shit

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
hahahahh asiains cant jajdojadfasfsadfadA DTTRRUUUEUEUUEUEEUEUE U truruu!!!!!!!

fucinimining asianic black women lissnin to duh wuuuzzz while crashin whipps

ZUrW62if2ag

Durag
05-13-2009, 10:47 AM
1400 is a rediculous amount, noway does it cost anywhere near that. I crashed the other week and wrote off the car i hit, but only had to pay 500 euro (bout 700 dollers) coz it was an old car.

She probably took one look at you and seen doller signs.

Prolifical ENG
05-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, look at the copy of the estimate.

She probably got a detail of the whole car and probably had door dings (from parking lots) and such. Anything on that detail that doesnt correspond to the height of your bumper can be thrown out.

Old ladies never watch where theyre going and have poor reaction and anticipation times. Probably tunnel vision whizzing past. A good driver would have seen the car beside leaving a gap and known a car was turning.

J-Cee
05-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Kill her.

5hundred&one
05-13-2009, 11:05 AM
well, you might have to pay the amount and settle it, but that's a lot better than havin your insurance go up, since that will cost you more in the long run.

the thing about small accidents is that they really can be that expensive; like a dented bumper is somewhere around $1,000 of damage in my state, but you can order a new one online for about a quarter of that price more often than not... it doesn't really make sense, but when you're responsible for the accident, the other person decides how far they're willing to screw you, and sadly, in most cases people look at these things like an extra paycheck.

still, that doesn't mean it's not worth a try to get the people to sympathize with you, just be polite and don't get on their bad side; tell them that you know it wouldn't cost as much as they're asking to fix their car and it would really hurt you to have to pay that much and see if they consider dropping the amount.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I just sneezed and my whole body was a wave.

NIKLZ
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Robert
05-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Send me some nudes already.

TSA
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m29/UmpireRandall/RobertTop.jpg

check two
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
In my state we aren't required to have a license plate on the front of the car.

NIKLZ
05-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Dirty Knowledge
05-13-2009, 12:30 PM
you fucked up your rotator cuff

HANZO
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM

theres 2 possibilities here. basically one is that she could be ripping you off. her husband probably thought you stupid and dnt kno shit about cars (most likely true). anyway next time you see her drop some deep knowledge on cars. act like you kno what the fuck you talking about, that way they wont consider trying to rip you off. Get a mechanic to check the damages on her car, and get your own estimate. Also ask her specifically which parts need to be changed and fixed, and if you got the part types you can check online how much they cost.

the other possibility is you hit her rim a little too hard and it damaged her cars suspension. which will then still only cost around $600 (depending on the car).

Murdah Piff
05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
if its one of those plastic type parts that broke, it takes less time to buy the whole new part than trying to repair it, but costs a bit more.

plus if you hit the tire, you mightve fucked up the suspension and the brakes. and the rims too, usually you can only cop rims by the pack tho

just go to the mechanic yourself and check it

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
05-13-2009, 04:50 PM
The thread title implies that someone who is "smart with cars" would be more apt to answer this question, when really, anybody who isn't a semi-retarded coked-out ho would be capable of figuring it out.

Just kidding, Mini.

Stay in school.

Professor Poopsnagle
05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
What's wrong with taking the bus... oh nevermind...