PDA

View Full Version : Elephants getting revenge against humans because of poaching?

check two
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I was watching an interesting show recently on the Discovery channel, and they were looking into what may be the cause of the recent increases of wild elephant attacks on humans. They went around to various parts of Africa and talked with experts, tribes, etc. They also took an MRI of an elephant's brain to verify the suspected memory capibilities of elephants, and it showed how great of a memory they have. Some of the sources were saying that the current elephant attacks might be due to the elephants seeing their parents get poached when they were younger. And now that they are older, they are getting revenge on humans. The recent wild elephant attacks are towards humans in a much greater percentage than towards any other animal.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Revenge is a strong term.

I wouldnt doubt they could remember their own parents being shot in the head with a rifle, but to say they then go out and purposefully take revenge ...? I'm not sure Elephants have a track record of storing up things for year and then taking revenge, I dont think its in their nature.

Not forgtetting that the increase of human attack could be down to half a dozen things. Like their being more humans, and less Elephants. And less places for Elephants to live comfortably.

diggy
05-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Interesting.

Tecknowledgist
05-15-2009, 06:35 PM
good. i fully support the elephants in this endeavor.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
05-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Elephants are straight thugging.

"Y'all African mawfuckas killed my Nana!" *blam* *blam* *blam* "Ivory Coast Mawfuckas We Run this jungle niggers!"

http://www.greenarrowradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/baby_elephant_1.jpg