PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West is underrated.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
This dude has ALWAYS had mad game.

He was just as big a reason for St. Joe's success in college as Jameer Nelson. I remember watching them light it up. That was one of my all time favorite college teams.

He is so underrated tho. LIke when people say LeBron has a bunch of role players around him. Shit thats a smack in the face to guys like Big Z, Mo Williams, and especially West.

The dude is a great defender....yea, LeBron got 1st team all defense, but West is our best on the ball defender.

He can run point or play the 2 guard, can break his man down off the dribble at any time and nail the pull up jumper.
Excellent mid range game and can step out and hit 3's.

Can take it to the hoop and finish strong or finesse it up and score. Great FT shooter, good passer.

I don't see how that constitues a 'role' player. Thats about as complete as you can get.

Dude is one of the main reasons why the Cavs are as successful as they have been.

check two
05-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Wasn't he a backup on the last place Sonics team?

Dirty Knowledge
05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not even gonna say nothing....lol @ 2.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Wasn't he a backup on the last place Sonics team?

Thats why they were in last. They didn't play him enough.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
05-20-2009, 06:33 PM
He's good, but he's a good role-player

He does a little bit of everything well in bursts, but he's never going to be go-to guy, or carry a team for an extended period, or get that weird birthmark thing off his face

I like the way he plays, but he's still a roleplayer.

Everybody on that team seems better than they are because of LeBron. He is already one of the best ever at making people around him look good.

Mo Williams and Z and DeLonte and Verajao and everybody on that team is a good roleplayer.

The team has great chemistry and is well put together, but without lebron, they are a borderline playoff team at best.

OB4CL2
05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
word yo i always thought that too. Delonte needs more respect. he has a better 3 point shot and free throws than Lebron this year.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
He's good, but he's a good role-player

He does a little bit of everything well in bursts, but he's never going to be go-to guy, or carry a team for an extended period, or get that weird birthmark thing off his face

I like the way he plays, but he's still a roleplayer.

Everybody on that team seems better than they are because of LeBron. He is already one of the best ever at making people around him look good.

Mo Williams and Z and DeLonte and Verajao and everybody on that team is a good roleplayer.

The team has great chemistry and is well put together, but without lebron, they are a borderline playoff team at best.

I agree with some points, like the Cavs are a borderline playoff team without him.

But I dunno, maybe I think of a 'roleplayer' as something bad.

But I dont think Z and Mo are roleplayers. They have been all stars in the past.

For instance, Rondo is not a roleplayer. He is an essential part of that team. Without him, Boston cannot win a championship.

As opposed to say...Eddie House.

Same with Cleveland...West...Mo Williams are needed to win a champoinship, but Boobie Gibson is not.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
James Posey was essential to the Celtics winning the title last year, and I considered him a good player, but he was still a role-player.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
I would consider Posey a role player.

Regardless, Dwight Howards numbers will resemble a role players this series.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Who's going to shut him down? I thought KP did as good a job as you can do, but he still gets his numbers.

Its hard to keep him off the glass.

Of course, besides Rondo, without KG and Powe, the Celtics aren't very athletic.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
well actually it looks like they are going to let Dwight go one on one to shut down the Turk and Lewis, which I think is smart because Howard doesn't have enough moves inside or at least he isn't very consistent.

Than at crucial points, you can double him, cuz you will eventually have to.

But I wouldnt let the Magic stay in teh game with 3's. I'd chance it later when the pressure is higher.

The Celtics did okay..your not going to stop Dwight, but you can somewhat control him, and if he is taking the shots and not getting dunks, than you also keep him off the glass somewhat.

baritone
05-20-2009, 11:38 PM

more people need to realize this, because without Lebron, the Cavs are barely an 8th seed, some can argue that they aren't even a playoff team without him

"X"
05-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I would agree if he didn't choke tonight.

check two
05-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Lebron pushed Howard out of the way late in the game, and Howard gets called for his
6th foul?

BrklynZoo
05-24-2009, 11:56 AM
word yo i always thought that too. Delonte needs more respect. he has a better 3 point shot and free throws than Lebron this year.

LeBron isn't that good at shooting yet...

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM

hush BrklynPoo

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 12:33 PM

he's average and he's been improving.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-24-2009, 05:43 PM
He is an above average shooter now. His shot had been consistent all year and he can get hot from 3.

whitey
05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Delonte west is a piece of shit scumbag.

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Delonte west is a piece of shit scumbag.

are you THAT jealous of him?

Olive Oil Goombah
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
he's an angry soccer fan because Americans do not respect his favorite sport.

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 06:44 PM

so he disses basketball players he knows nothing about?

whitey
05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
are you THAT jealous of him?

i really could give a shit.

as long as he keeps shooting like horse shit and it gets my magic into the finals thats all i care about.

whitey
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM

^is an angry cavs fan because an american whos favorite sport is soccer and whos favorite basketball team also happens to be the orlando magic is about to throw "the god" out of the playoffs. clevland shit fo life.

whitey
05-25-2009, 07:16 PM
so he disses basketball players he knows nothing about?

boy i do not need to know his family history to form an opinion on him.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I'd take Lebron and no title over whatever u get, which won't be a title, if you can even get past us.

soccer queer

BrklynZoo
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
lolsoccer

THE W
05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
cavs - lebron = lottery team

whitey
05-25-2009, 11:36 PM
I'd take Lebron and no title over whatever u get, which won't be a title, if you can even get past us.

soccer queer

kids so jealous.

Cleavland so shitty.

whitey
05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
lolsoccer

omg thats so funny.

homo.

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 11:39 PM
omg thats so funny.

Homo.

....lmfao

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 11:46 PM
^is an angry cavs fan because an american whos favorite sport is soccer and whos favorite basketball team also happens to be the orlando magic is about to throw "the god" out of the playoffs. clevland shit fo life.

even if they do knock your king out of the playoffs, the Lakers will drop a deuce on Howard's, Turkoglu's, Lewis's, Alston's, and all those other fairy's faces

whitey
05-25-2009, 11:48 PM
you think so?

lakers and lakers fans need to worry about melo and co. before you worry about dwight and co.

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 11:51 PM
i'm not a Lakers fan. but i'm just telling you what's real

BrklynZoo
05-26-2009, 12:14 AM
omg thats so funny.

homo.

http://www.poshpad-uk.co.uk/upload/images/Products/tissue%20lge.jpg

whitey
05-26-2009, 12:16 AM
i'm not a Lakers fan. but i'm just telling you what's real

and im saying...lakers shouldnt count those finals chickens till they hatch.

whitey
05-26-2009, 12:17 AM
http://www.poshpad-uk.co.uk/upload/images/Products/tissue%20lge.jpg

http://www.botanicalworks.com/cocoa%20butter%20lotion.jpg

run along and enjoy your night.

BrklynZoo
05-26-2009, 12:20 AM
http://www.botanicalworks.com/cocoa%20butter%20lotion.jpg

run along and enjoy your night.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zYaFP45lGWM/Rx-Ii-TfDOI/AAAAAAAAAig/epmPle52U98/s320/u%2Bmad.jpg

check two
05-26-2009, 01:13 AM
The Cavs a lottery team without Lebron? lol That's pushing it. If Lebron would have gotten injured right before the playoffs, they would have probably still gotten this far in the playoffs, or at least to the second round.

OB4CL2
05-26-2009, 06:01 AM
and im saying...lakers shouldnt count those finals chickens till they hatch.

vice versa

Olive Oil Goombah
05-26-2009, 06:08 AM
im wondering how a guy from ny is a magic fan??

Did he jump on the Shaquille O'Neal bandwagon way back in the day???

Don't tell me it was McGrady....please dont tell me it was that..

whitey
05-26-2009, 09:00 AM
im wondering how a guy from ny is a magic fan??

Did he jump on the Shaquille O'Neal bandwagon way back in the day???

Don't tell me it was McGrady....please dont tell me it was that..

when do most kids form their favorite teams? about 10ish?

shaq was drafted by the magic in 92. i was 8. they became my favorite team. they still are my favorite team, even through the worst team in basketball years.

how many kids out there do you think are chicago bulls fans that grew up during the 90s across the united states?

whitey
05-26-2009, 09:02 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zYaFP45lGWM/Rx-Ii-TfDOI/AAAAAAAAAig/epmPle52U98/s320/u%2Bmad.jpg

i burn you with a humorous bottle of lotion to go along with your box of kleenex, because of your no doubt tendency to leave this site and go masturbate at the end of your night.

and all you come back with is the played out "u mad?" camron? grow up lil kid, that doesnt even apply here.

BrklynZoo
05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
i burn you with a humorous bottle of lotion to go along with your box of kleenex, because of your no doubt tendency to leave this site and go masturbate at the end of your night.

and all you come back with is the played out "u mad?" camron? grow up lil kid, that doesnt even apply here.

cool story bro

http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/still_mad.jpg

baby jesus
05-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Pretty Much Agree What Everyones Sayin I Like Delonte West When He Was At St. Joes But Lets Be Honest He Failed Miserably With The Sonics And Celtics. He Found His Niche With The Cavs He Is A Role Player.

The Cavs Would Maybe Be A 8th Seed If They Were Lebronless Who Would Be The Go To Star Mo Williams Yeah That Really Worked In Milwuakee. Dont Listen To NickyTooch He Likes To Bring Up How Big Z Was An All Star But Really Hes A Scrub Whos Had A Few Decent Seasons. Decent. Mediocre Big Man In A League With No Big Men.

This Is Why I Laugh When People Say Why Would Lebron Leave This Team It's So Good. He Would Make Any Team He Goes To Contenders Immediatly. Look What Hes Doing With This Team.

whitey
05-26-2009, 04:24 PM
cool story bro

http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/still_mad.jpg

my guess is your like 16. then at least you have an excuse.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-26-2009, 05:47 PM
when do most kids form their favorite teams? about 10ish?

shaq was drafted by the magic in 92. i was 8. they became my favorite team. they still are my favorite team, even through the worst team in basketball years.

how many kids out there do you think are chicago bulls fans that grew up during the 90s across the united states?

oh ok...so your a bandwagon fan. I keeps it real holmes. Thru thick and thin.

But I guess if you live in the boonies of Upstate NY, you have an excuse.

HANZO
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
even if they do knock your king out of the playoffs, the Lakers will drop a deuce on Howard's, Turkoglu's, Lewis's, Alston's, and all those other fairy's faces

unlikely cause the Magic swept the Lakers in the regular season. Magic match up well against the leagues 2 best teams.

whitey
05-26-2009, 06:31 PM
oh ok...so your a bandwagon fan. I keeps it real holmes. Thru thick and thin.

But I guess if you live in the boonies of Upstate NY, you have an excuse.

hah yea bandwagon fan. how many banners do the magic have? lot of band wagoning going on there.

im also a dolphins fan, from upstate ny (boonies? funny though 585 aint the boonies homie). must be more bandwagoning.

you keep it real through the thick and thin? i think its more like just keeping it real through the thin. lord knows that shit city of cleveland has never won anything close to your life time. and prob never will when bron leaves for the knickerbockers.

that way he can hang with jeter, a-rod and the rest of the yankees that he bandwagons on so hard.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
ur such a cornball when u get mad

whitey
05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
ur such a cornball when u get mad

ur just a cornball in general.

fake e-death.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 05:39 PM
your literally pissed off because of something I typed.

You act this way alot, especially in KTL.

Than you jump on the insult bandwagon...i guess your just a bandwagon type of guy.

check two
05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Is Delonte albino?

CharlesJones
05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL@Check Two hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He does kinda look like one doesn't he? LOL. What's that on the right side of his mouth? LOL.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-29-2009, 04:10 PM
He's a redbone u dumb muh fukkaz

DUMBO
06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
why is it that everywhere nicky goes conflict ensues?

Olive Oil Goombah
06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
because I speak the truth and the truth hurts. Most of those that post here are highly sensitive and have trouble letting it go.

see Senator Palantine, Food For Thought, etc.

whitey
06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
your literally pissed off because of something I typed.

You act this way alot, especially in KTL.

Than you jump on the insult bandwagon...i guess your just a bandwagon type of guy.

:?:?:?:?

that was you. getting pissed the cavs were loosing....lost.

only time ive ever seriously got pissed on this site was when art was (well always) being an uber fag. it wasnt really what he was saying, i could care less about his opinion, it was just the fact he was going out of his way to be such a faggot. like wasting time in his real life, to try and affect someone on line, just wreaks of being a loser. but thats in the past and i could really care less.

my responses to you were just explaining you didnt know what you were talking about.

and delonte west has herpes on the lip.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
u come across very childish and immature in your posts while trying to mask it with low grade insecurity issues for constantly having to explain yourself on numerous occasions when nobody asked.

But, as I've said before, good luck to the people of Orlando....they suffered the loss of Shaq and are attempting redemption. We'll seee if it happens.

check two
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I thought cold sores usually don't last very long?

Olive Oil Goombah
06-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I think its just a facial deformity.

Dirty Knowledge
06-04-2009, 09:04 PM
most

failed

thread

ever

whitey
09-19-2009, 09:42 AM
what the hell is this dude doing?

Cleveland Cavaliers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=cle) guard Delonte West (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2422) was arrested Thursday after officers pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case.Prince George's County police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Reedy said Friday the Cleveland Cavaliers player was arrested about 10 p.m. Thursday.
Reedy said West was riding a Can-Am Spyder motorcycle north on the Capital Beltway in Upper Marlboro when he cut off an officer, who pulled him over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4485441

check two
09-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't know if there are any people that ride motorcycles that aren't crazy.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
LOL...this boy aint right in the head.

CharlesJones
09-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I read about Delonte getting into trouble lately. He's a damn fool to be riding with 3 guns on a motorcycle. His father said there aren't that many nice people in the world especially when your a celebrity. So that's Delonte's father excuse for Delonte having 3 guns on him? Because there aren't that many nice people in the world? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Somebody must be after him for him to have that many guns.

check two
09-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I think he might just be psychotic, I mean look at him.

CharlesJones
09-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Olive Oil Goombah
09-27-2009, 11:22 AM
the kid can ball tho.

and its only 2 misdemeaners.

He'll be in the lineup

whitey
09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
this guy...

Less than 24 hours after saying he was focused on basketball, Delonte West (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2422) skipped Cleveland's first training camp practice without an excuse.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
He definitely has mental problems.

Shaq and Bron need to get up in that boys grill.

But the team will go on without him. We'll just pick up Stephen Jack