PDA

View Full Version : How were these forums back in the day?

OB4CL2
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I joined about 2 months ago and it's hard to beleive all of you were here before or at the beginning of the Wu's most noticable happenings. How was it here back in it's young days?

Prolifical ENG
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
*passes Werther's Originals out*

The first thing I can say is there were no gimmick posters. Just look at any forum where there might be 4000 registered users and maybe 20-50 regulars, this place was like that.

Wu-Chamber had double the posts that General Chat did.

When this place became the official wu-tang website in Oct 2003 it flourished. If you look at the back copy of your Birth OF The Prince, it will be the only album that has this website listed on it.

I can go on but theres something I want to dig up.

White N Dangerous
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
well the site crashed multiple times if i remember twice one big one n it was out for a while i first posted on this site unda KIlla Rob in 9th grade which was 2003 if i remember correctly, but this site has always been tha shyt, temple of darts use to get alot more traffic and wat not but back in tha dayz it seemed betta even tho i was fairly new to tha site

Prolifical ENG
05-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Basically forums go in cycles so its hard to tell you what it was like. I think this site had the most people talking about wu-tang is when Pretty Toney was about to drop.

Oh yeah in those days we used to discuss the exclusive news on the front page that even the biggest hip-hop sites would then post on theirs and cite their source as wutangcorp.com.

You can also read up on this short thread in the classic section.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2197

Huggasaurus Sex
05-23-2009, 09:11 PM
the site was ran by a draconian clog-wearing dickhead named jordi who'd ban people if they said something funny or for posting any media wu-tang related. my first account was permabanned for posting rare (at the time) wu songs which can now be found in the media section.

another forum called wu-tang world was better but it shut down, leaving just this and wu-forever which was always kinda boring and uneventful.

PS. wu's "most noticable happenings" all occurred well before this and all the other wu-tang web forums went online.

noel411
05-23-2009, 10:52 PM
At the expense of being negative, I'd have to say that it's gotten progressively worse since I signed up here. It was best back in the Dynasty days. There was no youtube shit. Not so much picture posting shit. People in the hip hop shop or whatever it was called back then, had better taste. Wu were more interesting and there wasn't as much so called "Wu affiliate" shit out there. Better writers in the TOD (no disrespect to the dudes in there now). Better discussions in general chat. Less dickheads. Less fake fucks pretending to be something they're not. Less clones. Less disrespect. KTL was sadly pretty much the same.

Put it this way...I really liked this site back then whereas I pretty much fucken hate it now. Again, excuse the negativity.

INF
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
PS. wu's "most noticable happenings" all occurred well before this and all the other wu-tang web forums went online.

i was about to say that....

whitey
05-23-2009, 11:54 PM
there was much less of an affinity for all things homosexual.

the hip hop shop used to be a lot more lively, i used to get a lot more out of it i guess you could say. i feel its way more stagnated now.

check two
05-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm curious to know how the forum was back then also.

RzaRectum
05-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm curious to know how the forum was back then also.
You've been here since 2002. You see, THIS is the type of shit that got you kicked out of the Jokers mang!

check two
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
^^ Why do you keep following me around to so many threads? It's kinda creepy, bloke. lol

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 01:19 AM
the site was ran by a draconian clog-wearing dickhead named jordi who'd ban people if they said something funny or for posting any media wu-tang related. my first account was permabanned for posting rare (at the time) wu songs which can now be found in the media section.

another forum called wu-tang world was better but it shut down, leaving just this and wu-forever which was always kinda boring and uneventful.

Well, there was the U-God dispute and Dirty's death in 2004 and shit. that's what i meant. i mean like in 2003, y'all probably talked bout new ODB records coming out. then when he died you posted threads saying he died. or "RZA and U-God current beef" or some shit.

DUMBO
05-24-2009, 01:29 AM
less wops i recall.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-24-2009, 04:03 AM
It always struck me as weird that the site crashed at about the time when ODB died.,

I can't even remember his death being discussed on here widely, maybe because the site wasn't up around that time.

noel411
05-24-2009, 04:10 AM
Yeah I (and all other cool people) were on Methical when ODB died. That site was rad. This site was down and when you tried to access it you got an "R.I.P ODB" page.

begongo
05-24-2009, 04:17 AM
it used to be a happy place ... a place of peace it was ...

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-24-2009, 04:52 AM
Yeah I (and all other cool people) were on Methical when ODB died. That site was rad. This site was down and when you tried to access it you got an "R.I.P ODB" page.
i agree with what you said before about all the fakes

but dood - if you have to tell us your that cool your not lol

Longbongcilvaringz
05-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Are you cool punch?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-24-2009, 05:39 AM
oh shit man! u rly put on the spot

i don't think about that - i am just trying to live my life

I make sure i act cool - but thats a choice not a discription

why i am bothering telling u this tho? u don't give a shit

The Hound
05-24-2009, 05:46 AM
When I joined Pretty Toney had pretty much been released for a month and everybody was loving it.

People believed The Cure was going to be released, aswell.

Some dude was being sonned into oblivion for posting a few pictures of himself at a mostly male dominated party wearing pink clothes.

Methical was gay.

General Chat was more like one big happy circle jerk. But, for the most paet, General Chat was more upbeat with less people trying to tell us they're gangsta - except for Skale aka Shrap aka Egg Head.

De Keet (sp?)

Infact, the only thing consistant from when I first joined to 2009 was the resident loser was a Puerto Rican.

noel411
05-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Methical was gay.

Methical was good for the most part. The fuckheads didn't show up there for a while, but once they did it pretty much went to shit.
for the most paet, General Chat was more upbeat with less people trying to tell us they're gangsta - except for Skale aka Shrap aka Egg Head.
Shrap Diesel wasn't ganksta back in the day. That's part of the reason why mafuckaz be hatin' on the G.O.D now.

The Hound
05-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Not in your back in the day, but in my back in the day he was.

He used to refer to me as a white boy and tried to justify himself dropping the N bomb all the time.

Kong
05-24-2009, 09:02 AM
you dissing my old website?

Tage
05-24-2009, 09:12 AM
yeah like pro said, there were no gimmick posters.... just jasper.

and yeah the Wu chamber had double what the gen chat did... and yeah, there were alot of forum crashes.

The Hound
05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
you dissing my old website?

Methical? Yeah, I am.

beautifulrock
05-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I wasn't here, but i imagine it was a much more hopeful place.

SHRAP
05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Not in your back in the day, but in my back in the day he was.

He used to refer to me as a white boy and tried to justify himself dropping the N bomb all the time.

wigga please i hardly ever say nigga

Longbongcilvaringz
05-24-2009, 10:29 AM
oh shit man! u rly put on the spot

i don't think about that - i am just trying to live my life

I make sure i act cool - but thats a choice not a discription

why i am bothering telling u this tho? u don't give a shit

Man, you just exposed yourself as really uncool on an internet wu tang forum.

Is this going to effect your life man?

Huggasaurus Sex
05-24-2009, 10:42 AM
This site was down and when you tried to access it you got an "R.I.P ODB" page.

oh yeah i remember that...

popular topics of discussion in those days were:

- lamenting the fact that odb signed with dame dash
- the cure (as already mentioned)
- hope for an ever imminent wu renaissance (similar to the way christian fundamentalists await the return of christ)
- i remember there being more unashamed wu stans where no matter what was released, no matter how truly awful it was, they'd support it. they mostly seem to have gone into hiding since around 2005.
- cappa driving a taxi
- ghost being too "whiny" (contrary to bonerfarm's account, i remember the release of pretty toney causing a sharp divide among people who hated him for mostly abandoning the wu ("there's no wu logo anywhere on the album!"; "he gave d-block features but not rae?!" etc) and people who have good taste in music.

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 10:49 AM

- lamenting the fact that odb signed with dame dash
- the cure (as already mentioned)
- hope for an ever imminent wu renaissance (similar to the way christian fundamentalists await the return of christ)
- i remember there being more unashamed wu stans where no matter what was released, no matter how truly awful it was, they'd support it. they mostly seem to have gone into hiding since around 2005.
- cappa driving a taxi
- ghost being too "whiny" (contrary to bonerfarm's account, i remember the release of pretty toney causing a sharp divide among people who hated him for mostly abandoning the wu ("there's no wu logo anywhere on the album!"; "he gave d-block features but not rae?!" etc) and people who have good taste in music.

LOL yea he did drive a taxi, in baltimore. he said this in the song "9 Milli Bros":

Eat bones with alligators, roll deep, with my entourage
My whole crew's fresh out the bars
Diggler, AKA the Cab Driver
Drop him off in the middle of fire

BLACK BART SIMPSON
05-24-2009, 10:54 AM
shit was generally better and less annoying. eD was Gawd and robbys comic of him was funny as fuck.

The Hound
05-24-2009, 10:57 AM
- ghost being too "whiny" (contrary to bonerfarm's account, i remember the release of pretty toney causing a sharp divide among people who hated him for mostly abandoning the wu ("there's no wu logo anywhere on the album!"; "he gave d-block features but not rae?!" etc)

There was also the unhealthy obsession with Ghost's yellow hat that he wore in the Run video.

Also, once a month people would reminisce about Ma$e.

And the "U-God is the greatest rapper alive" gimmick that GHOSTLACED has adopted in 2009 was actually effective in 2004. That really had people pissed off.

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 11:01 AM
There was also the unhealthy obsession with Ghost's yellow hat that he wore in the Run video.

And the "U-God is the greatest rapper alive" gimmick that GHOSTLACED has adopted in 2009 was actually effective in 2004. That really had people pissed off.

Ma$e isn't that good

BLACK BART SIMPSON
05-24-2009, 11:01 AM
but u-god is goat....

Longbongcilvaringz
05-24-2009, 11:03 AM

That's true.

I was in the "ghost is a whiny bitch" camp.

I remember there was the group who thought he was a whiny bitch, the group who was stanning like shit and then the group you were in, trying to play it cool but still stanning hard on the track.

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 11:03 AM

it's better than that shitball that's flying that's saying Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper alive.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-24-2009, 11:04 AM

Yeah, BigL.nl or whatever was doing that 4 years ago.

The Hound
05-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Ma$e isn't that good

No, I mean, literally once a month like clockwork somebody would start a thread;

"Ghost smacked Ma$e"
"YALL HEARD GHOST MURKED MA$E??"
"Ma$E V GHOST BEEF??"

Also, there was the epic Crunk phenomenon. In a nutshell, the GHOSTLACED Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper alive gimmick was also stolen from the old days when some Crunk fans would spam the board with "So and so Crunk artist is the greatest of all time."

OB4CL2
05-24-2009, 11:15 AM
No, I mean, literally once a month like clockwork somebody would start a thread;

"Ghost smacked Ma$e"
"YALL HEARD GHOST MURKED MA$E??"
"Ma$E V GHOST BEEF??"

Also, there was the epic Crunk phenomenon. In a nutshell, the GHOSTLACED Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper alive gimmick was also stolen from the old days when some Crunk fans would spam the board with "So and so Crunk artist is the greatest of all time."

they probably left realizing they are among people who discuss things about Hip-Hop artists that are too smart for their favorite Crunk rappers. did you all harass them? like did the Senator call them faggits?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Man, you just exposed yourself as really uncool on an internet wu tang forum.

Is this going to effect your life man?

oh shit man - your exposing me as uncool!

holy shit that is devastating to my life

hahahahaha

you saying you base your self esteem on internet forums? cas i fuking don't

fuk off curly haired pussy boy fag lol

Longbongcilvaringz
05-24-2009, 12:11 PM
That why i was asking you man.

Checkin.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-24-2009, 05:45 PM
It was irrelevent because Train Trussle hadnt been released yet.

noel411
05-24-2009, 07:05 PM
i remember there being more unashamed wu stans where no matter what was released, no matter how truly awful it was, they'd support it. they mostly seem to have gone into hiding since around 2005.
Yeah I remember this. Not only were there cunts who'd support anything half Wu related, but there were cunts who'd say anything half Wu related was straight fire. Even Frukwan's album. People used to hate Wade Digital because he was a realist and spoke bluntly about how unimpressive or just straight up wack most the shit coming out around that time was. He was one of very few who did. Zig 9th was another guy who everybody hated for the same reason.
That's true.

I was in the "ghost is a whiny bitch" camp.

I remember there was the group who thought he was a whiny bitch, the group who was stanning like shit and then the group you were in, trying to play it cool but still stanning hard on the track.
Yeah I remember this too. I was one of the most adamant about him being a whiny bitch. I still wholy think he is, only these days I just don't give a fuck and don't listen to his later albums. Ghost has always had the biggest dick rider fans in all of hip hop.

-The A to the Z-
05-24-2009, 07:15 PM
I arrived on the scene during very exciting times indeed - the lead up to 8 Diagrams.
Good times, if I recall those halcyon days correctly.

I actually was guided here by Wikipedia, who stated that the forumites were dissed by U-God.

I came to laugh.

I stayed to love.

Mumm Ra
05-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Let's talk about the good ol days...
the winters were warmer, the grass was greener, the skies were bluer, and the smiles were...
bright.
Can it be that it was aaall so simple then...

whitey
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
now that i think of it U-god was getting shitted on allll the time back in the day. It wasnt until recently (year or two) that Uey started to get ups.

Threads about how he was the worst in the clan and all this shit that shit.

Also, all lil wayne threads of today, used to be 50 cent threads.

SHRAP
05-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Also, all lil wayne threads of today, used to be 50 cent threads.

yea true, i dont know what the fuck bonedafag is talkin about, i never seen people make a shitload of threads about lil scrappy or anybody like that

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-25-2009, 07:18 AM
remember intelekt?

hahahaha

DRUNKENDRAGON
05-25-2009, 07:35 AM
The day Samurai7assassin got banned was a good one.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-25-2009, 08:08 AM
haha

Intellekt.

Last i remember he started posting on alien forums.

Durag
05-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I posted here back in 02 or 03 under a different name, before the big crash, and it took so long to get this site back up, that when it did i had forgotten my user name and password and didnt bother joining again till 06. I remember trying to log on, and all you got was the R.I.P Dirty page.

Back then i only posted in the wu chamber and hip-hop shop though, dont think i made one post in gen chat.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-25-2009, 09:34 AM
it was those pics with his sun glasses and that mic

dood was a fat pussy trying to look like ghostface hahaha

Olive Oil Goombah
05-25-2009, 10:28 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nothing but a bunch of......

bIEOZCcaXzE&hl

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 02:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nothing but a bunch of......

bIEOZCcaXzE&hl

nice FUCKING sig.

BGS
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
the biggest argument since i have joined this forum was when the user called "9th prince" (not sure anymore) said that he think GZA's daughter is cute...i think he never posted here ever again!

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 02:39 PM
the biggest argument since i have joined this forum was when the user called "9th prince" (not sure anymore) said that he think GZA's daughter is cute...i think he never posted here ever again!

LOL. Does GZA even have a daughter? I think I would've known already considering he shows off his son.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-25-2009, 03:07 PM
^^ thats cas it was his son

OB4CL2
05-25-2009, 03:38 PM
^^ thats cas it was his son

lol @ your reply and nice sig (the knockout)

Dokuro
05-25-2009, 05:17 PM
it was actuly funny until eD left us

why why did you go eD

the only man worth my rivelry gone and dead damn you modes damn you all to hell

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
how long has the vatican been around?

OB4CL2
05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
^ psh