Drunken Monk
05-24-2009, 08:39 AM
;)

spiggity_ace
05-24-2009, 04:25 PM
as long as u dont idolize these rappers ull be fine

Professor Poopsnagle
05-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Stop buying gangsta rap. The only way to save hip hop is to hit them where it hurts, the pocket. Stupid motherfuckers keep these bling bling rappers rich.

ALCATRAZ
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
there is nothing wrong with idolizing rappers ... white people idolize the beatles and elvis, so why am i labeled ignorant for idolizing 2pac? another double standard that always flies right over peoples heads

Professor Poopsnagle
05-24-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't remember the Beatles or Elvis glorifying crime.

ALCATRAZ
05-24-2009, 06:22 PM
the music is just a reflection of the culture ... the music the beatles make is no more justifiable than the music of nas or the geto boys, its all artistic expression ... just because the beatles sang about flowers and peace on earth doesnt make them any more credible

spiggity_ace
05-24-2009, 06:24 PM
well then dont idolize musicians and such y dont people idolize their parents these days

food for thought
05-26-2009, 03:46 AM
i agree with everything said in the video

ive been trying to do my part for a while now.

Stop buying gangsta rap. The only way to save hip hop is to hit them where it hurts, the pocket. Stupid motherfuckers keep these bling bling rappers rich.

yea but not only gangsta rap,

all that negative bullshit that sounds the same with the same message of parrtying, bitches, money, drugs, and materialism.

bullshit songs telling girls to whore it out is just as destructive as "Gangsta" rap.

also,

peple need to stop waching MTV and BET and listening to your local rap radio station

support underground artists and music that dosent dumb u down

peace

Durag
05-26-2009, 08:32 AM
there is nothing wrong with idolizing rappers ... white people idolize the beatles and elvis, so why am i labeled ignorant for idolizing 2pac? another double standard that always flies right over peoples heads

I think you'll find most white idolize 2pac, and think of him as some sort of god. Most arent even hip-hop fans, they just love 2pac.

AcidPhosphate69
05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
white people idolize the beatles and elvis,

No we don't. Maybe older white people but not my generation. We idolize the likes of Dimebag Darrell and maybe Zakk Wylde. Also, Durag is right...I know these two white girls that really do look at Pac like some kind of Jesus figure. Not my view but eh, cool girls none the less.

Durag
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Example:

There was a discussion going on on a 'hip-hop show' on a local radio here about whos better, biggie or Pac, and this fuckin faggot from my city rang up and started saying shit like "Pac's a fuckin legend, i can relate to everything he says, hes speaking on shit i go through everyday, hes literally a god, if i could pray to him i would. Hes my idol and i base my life around his music and what he done in his life. Id literally give up my family and friends to be more like him".

Bear in mind this is a white boy from Ireland.

Ask most white boys aged 15-21 and they fuckin idolize 2pac.

A tinker (traveller, pikey etc) even got THUG LIFE tattoes across his stomach, except it was a friend of his that done it (another tinker) who was drunk, mispelled it, so now across his stomach hes got THG LIFE. Fuckin rehab.

AcidPhosphate69
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
A tinker (traveller, pikey etc) even got THUG LIFE tattoes across his stomach, except it was a friend of his that done it (another tinker) who was drunk, mispelled it, so now across his stomach hes got THG LIFE. Fuckin rehab.

Fucking travellers. I knew a family that had traveller roots and even though they were American, they were all fucking whack ass people. Constantly scamming on eachother and shit.

Ask most white boys aged 15-21 and they fuckin idolize 2pac

Just bear in mind that a lot of white kids 15-21 these days have no soul and are just rying to be carbon copies of their favorite rapper. I personally can't stand that shit and I will tell a lil' kid to shut the fuck up real quick.

Durag
05-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Well i was talking about people in Ireland, should have made that more clear really.

Tinkers are the scorn of society in ireland. They rob shops and people, have bare knuckle fights, stab people for looking at them the wrong way, are involved in drugs and crime, live in third world conditions, dont work but drive brand new 40 grand jeeps, have sex with family members, terrorize small towns, and literally can put a whole town on lock down whenever theres a tinker funeral. And to think centurys ago they were the cream of society, the 'definitive' irish person.

-The A to the Z-
05-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Tinkers are the scorn of society in ireland. They rob shops and people, have bare knuckle fights, stab people for looking at them the wrong way, are involved in drugs and crime, live in third world conditions, dont work but drive brand new 40 grand jeeps, have sex with family members, terrorize small towns, and literally can put a whole town on lock down whenever theres a tinker funeral. And to think centurys ago they were the cream of society, the 'definitive' irish person.

This one Irish dude used to go to my school.

Ugly dude with a bad temper.

No one really knows where he is now.

Black Man
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't remember the Beatles or Elvis glorifying crime.

Not sure about Elvis but I know the Beatles are infamous for "glorifying" (illegal) drug use which is a crime.

Black Man
05-26-2009, 05:11 PM
i agree with everything said in the video

ive been trying to do my part for a while now.

yea but not only gangsta rap,

all that negative bullshit that sounds the same with the same message of parrtying, bitches, money, drugs, and materialism.

bullshit songs telling girls to whore it out is just as destructive as "Gangsta" rap.

also,

peple need to stop waching MTV and BET and listening to your local rap radio station

support underground artists and music that dosent dumb u down

peace

Partying, bitches, money, drugs, and materialism....the foundation of hiphop. I see some people need a history lesson in hiphop.

Black Man
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
What exactly is a negative rapper?

begongo
05-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Well i was talking about people in Ireland, should have made that more clear really.

We call them gypsies, there are a whole lot in romania, I even made blood brothers with a gypsy kid when I was about 10 lmao

I think it's impossible to understand their culture if you didn't grow up around them
In romania they are hated aswell even though some think that since there are lot of them then people will just get familiar with it ... it doesn't really work that way

I also think they have one of the best preserved minority cultures in the world, basically no matter where you will take them ... they will just NOT ADAPT no matter what lol

Anyway, they're quite funny

food for thought
05-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Partying, bitches, money, drugs, and materialism....the foundation of hiphop. I see some people need a history lesson in hiphop.

what are u saying??

diggy
05-26-2009, 05:44 PM
What exactly is a negative rapper?

A rapper who uses his lyrics to promote destructive values.

Black Man
05-26-2009, 06:55 PM
what are u saying??

All of this Partying, bitches, money, drugs, and materialism is the foundation of hiphop as far as subject matter.

Black Man
05-26-2009, 06:57 PM

What are destructive values?

Negative rappers, destructive values....these are relative terms.

diggy
05-26-2009, 08:09 PM
What are destructive values?

Negative rappers, destructive values....these are relative terms.

Destructive values:

- Murder for money, revenge, or power
- Encouraging drug use
- Promoting a negative image of black people and affirming racist stereotypes about us

food for thought
05-27-2009, 01:41 AM
All of this Partying, bitches, money, drugs, and materialism is the foundation of hiphop as far as subject matter.

i disagree.

i dont think bitches, drugs and materialism is the foundatoin of hip hop at all

thats a narrow-minded ass interpretation of the culture.

ALCATRAZ
05-27-2009, 03:24 AM

why don't you list some rappers who promote destructive values diggy

EAGLE EYE
05-27-2009, 03:39 AM
boring thread. like this topic has never been covered.

Durag
05-27-2009, 04:41 AM
We call them gypsies, there are a whole lot in romania, I even made blood brothers with a gypsy kid when I was about 10 lmao

I think it's impossible to understand their culture if you didn't grow up around them
In romania they are hated aswell even though some think that since there are lot of them then people will just get familiar with it ... it doesn't really work that way

I also think they have one of the best preserved minority cultures in the world, basically no matter where you will take them ... they will just NOT ADAPT no matter what lol

Anyway, they're quite funny

I used to be good friends with one family, but the guy i was most friendly with got murdered there a year ago, got his head choped to pieces by a rival family who killed him in front of his wife and kid outside his parents house, just a few hours after he had given me a lift.

Ive grown up around them so i know quite a few, but i got sick of the way they act. They terrorized the place for a few years, most of the dangerous ones are locked up, but they steal from everywhere, then if they get barred they claim their being discriminated against. Always looking for money of people too. They really add nothing to society, but leave a bad dent, and its not like they've been given loads of chances, one developer wanted to move them from their campsite which was in a public car park in the middle of the city so he built them a house worth a million euro if they moved, so they took the house wreaked it, burned it to the ground and moved back to the car park where they torment people daily.

Black Man
05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
i disagree.

i dont think bitches, drugs and materialism is the foundatoin of hip hop at all

thats a narrow-minded ass interpretation of the culture.

Disagree....that's your right, but you're showing you're not in tune...you don't know the history of this so-called culture.

That's not my interpretation, that's the testimony of those who started this thing called hiphop. It's not what I say, it's what they say. You may not understand the language (lyrics) but those who do and those who know the history of hiphop know what it is about and what was being talked about. The so-called concious rapper didn't come until later on.....hiphop developed out of partying....partying money bitches and drugs....and some violence too.

begongo
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I used to be good friends with one family, but the guy i was most friendly with got murdered there a year ago, got his head choped to pieces by a rival family who killed him in front of his wife and kid outside his parents house, just a few hours after he had given me a lift.

Ive grown up around them so i know quite a few, but i got sick of the way they act. They terrorized the place for a few years, most of the dangerous ones are locked up, but they steal from everywhere, then if they get barred they claim their being discriminated against. Always looking for money of people too. They really add nothing to society, but leave a bad dent, and its not like they've been given loads of chances, one developer wanted to move them from their campsite which was in a public car park in the middle of the city so he built them a house worth a million euro if they moved, so they took the house wreaked it, burned it to the ground and moved back to the car park where they torment people daily.
apparently they behave 100% the same everywhere

food for thought
05-27-2009, 05:32 PM
i know the history pretty well, black man

That's not my interpretation, that's the testimony of those who started this thing called hiphop.It's not what I say, it's what they say.

dont make shit up

who (in your mind) started "this thing called hip hop"?

when did they say or give the message that the foundation of hip hop consists of bitches, drugs, and materialism??

did they support/glamorize the disrespet of women and seeing them as nothing more then something used for fucking?
(dont tell me they were being called bitches before then)

did they glamorize the use and distribution of drugs?
(dont tell me they were selling crack)

regarding materialism, while hiphop might have always been about boasting and showing-out, but it wasnt as materialistic in the sense of the word

the bosting and showing-out was more about the competition that was pervelant in the movement. friendly competition.

hiphop developed out of partying

yes

partying money bitches and drugs

wow

yes black man, ure right. when they partied they drank, got messed up on weed and coke, and checked for girls. this is what happens when people party.

when i said drugs in my earlier post, i was talking about the glorification of drug-dealing and the lifestyle that comes with it.
(dont know why u act like u dont know that)

and when i said "bithches" i was referring to the disrespect of women.
(dont know why u act like u dont that)

The so-called concious rapper didn't come until later on

i know this. i didnt say anything about a conscious rapper

LORD NOSE
05-27-2009, 05:33 PM
boring thread. like this topic has never been covered.

you've covered it before

what ?

no one else is suppose to cover this topic ?

find something to do

diggy
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
negative!

Fatal Guillotine
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
what do you define as negative?

V4D3R
12-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Negative is relative to ones morals and values.

diggy
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
what do you define as negative?

check post # 22.

7'smatrix
12-30-2011, 01:24 PM

Idolizing is a form of following. Why would you idolize 2pac? Are you aware of all of the things this brother was involved in, that lead to his death? I wouldn't want to idolize anyone let alone, a 'rapper'. These people look forward towards having individuals like yourself follow them. That is what feeds and gives them power, to whatever it is they want, which most of the time is to mislead the public.

Who cares about white people idolizing Elvis or the Beatles. Let them do what they do, do not idolize white people too...

Peace.