PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss tastes: BORING MUSICIANS

Shogah
05-25-2009, 04:54 PM
People ussually say that tastes are not to be discussed, but i say hell no!

Here's a couple of statements regarding to my views on some of the most popular music acts that i considet utterly boring:

1. GUN'S AND ROSES are corny as hell, and their music is boring, their style is boring and mostly everything regarding of them is boring cliche and mega corny. Axwell is just fag.

2.TEARS FOR FEARS made some of the most annoying songs like ever. And the singer is mad ugly.

3.IRON MAIDEN are now a bunch of long haired grandpa's pretending theylre in the 70's.

4.RADIOHEAD is currently one of the most overrated groups in the world. Their music is STRAIGHT BORING (i don't deny that they]re good musicians), BUT the music overall is plain boring. I don't mind chill songs and ballads, but common! Make something different, constantly same shit.

5.NICKELBACK are also one of the numerous overrated, faceless, uninspiring groups with lack of innovation, with a bit annoying voclalist, despite their musical talent.

6.I hate Bono Vox. U2 are ok but nothing special in compare to their fame.

Now a shock: Regarding to these musicians, i don't listen to them much. I don't have need.
I put them on the list cause for me they are not bad, on contrary some of them are really great musicians, but there is no IDEA, INNOVATION, they just sound BORING.

I have 3 albums of radiohead but too boring.

I have all albums from iron maiden, still i don't listen to their music.(legends of metal, although, can't deny it)

A lot of u2, but still.....

Some major hits from GnG..........BORING!

I must admit, not tears for fears and nickelback in my collections but i don't regret it.

If you want quote my list with your co-sign's and disagreings.

MAYOR QUIMBY
05-26-2009, 02:09 AM
^^^Co-sign 99% because of Guns N' Roses track called "Estranged." Peep that shit.

Oh and i've always thought Bob Dylan is boring/annoying. Also a lot of 80's music is a yawn-fest.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-26-2009, 06:22 AM

Here's a couple of statements regarding to my views on some of the most popular music acts that i considet utterly boring:

1. GUN'S AND ROSES are corny as hell, and their music is boring, their style is boring and mostly everything regarding of them is boring cliche and mega corny. Axwell is just fag.

2.TEARS FOR FEARS made some of the most annoying songs like ever. And the singer is mad ugly.

3.IRON MAIDEN are now a bunch of long haired grandpa's pretending theylre in the 70's.

4.RADIOHEAD is currently one of the most overrated groups in the world. Their music is STRAIGHT BORING (i don't deny that they]re good musicians), BUT the music overall is plain boring. I don't mind chill songs and ballads, but common! Make something different, constantly same shit.

No.

5.NICKELBACK are also one of the numerous overrated, faceless, uninspiring groups with lack of innovation, with a bit annoying voclalist, despite their musical talent.

Now a shock: Regarding to these musicians, i don't listen to them much. I don't have need.
I put them on the list cause for me they are not bad, on contrary some of them are really great musicians, but there is no IDEA, INNOVATION, they just sound BORING.

I have all albums from iron maiden, still i don't listen to their music.(legends of metal, although, can't deny it)

I must admit, not tears for fears and nickelback in my collections but i don't regret it.

Radiohead's music is pretty varied.

You either haven't listened to enough of it, or don't want to appreciate it for some reason.

The Hound
05-26-2009, 07:19 AM
You didn't say anything constructive about Iron Maiden. Are you referring to their current work or their entire career? If you refer to their entire career then your statements are pretty thin, especially since they rose to fame in the 1980's and not the 1970's. Iron Maiden are easily one of the greatest bands of all time from Bruce Dickinson's fantastic singing to the riffs of Murray and even the iconic Eddie. And, even today, they still rock a sold out show better than 99% of other acts.

Sorry, but you are trying too hard to be controversial or to appear different here.

noel411
05-26-2009, 08:21 AM

Whoa, hold up...what the FUCK??? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Apart from Kid A and Amnesiac, which were recorded at the same time, no 2 of their albums even sound similar, let alone the same. They're the most creative and original band I've ever heard.

I've got no problem with you saying they're boring. I used to feel exactly the same way. But that last sentence demonstrates that you truly do have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Oh holy fucking shit...I just read some more of your post...
there is no IDEA, INNOVATION
Please waive your right to post in here immediately.

INF
05-26-2009, 08:59 AM
just seen that you threw Maiden and Radiohead up in a pile of garbage artist. not gonna actually read this thread and as a matter of fact I'm pretty much not ever gonna read a shogah thread again.Maybe a shogah post but a whole thread......no way.smh

oDoUoSoKo
05-26-2009, 09:43 AM
i thought it was so ridiculous no one would reply, smh. that shit is beyond ridiculous.

AcidPhosphate69
05-26-2009, 10:25 AM

So, you really don't know what you're talking about do you? Sure, they went downhill after Appetite for Destruction cuz Axel is kind of a diva but seriously, how the fuck can you honestly sit here and say that they weren't the ones who put Los Angeles hair metal on the fucking map? And doing so without dressing like women a la Motley Crue.

Anybody notice that some people just come in here trying to push whack ass opinions as fact? Is it like, the cool thing to do or just a cry for attention?

DrunkenMasta303
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM

^i agree with this 100%, except i havnt listened to Radiohead yet so i dont know if theyre boring or not, but the rest i cosign!

SMH
05-26-2009, 01:42 PM
yea co sign and radiohead is boring

Shogah
05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Radiohead's music is pretty varied.

You either haven't listened to enough of it, or don't want to appreciate it for some reason.

well i sad that about radiohead based on what i seen on television.

If i don't like what i see on television it is most likely i won't check for their other songs. Unless someone persuade me in eye to eye contact.

For me they're a grroup of good musicians which are dropping same type of music all over and over.

I'll check some of their other songs i have, and tehri albums, and probably confirm my statement.

Shogah
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
You didn't say anything constructive about Iron Maiden. Are you referring to their current work or their entire career? If you refer to their entire career then your statements are pretty thin, especially since they rose to fame in the 1980's and not the 1970's. Iron Maiden are easily one of the greatest bands of all time from Bruce Dickinson's fantastic singing to the riffs of Murray and even the iconic Eddie. And, even today, they still rock a sold out show better than 99% of other acts.

Sorry, but you are trying too hard to be controversial or to appear different here.

well no, i was refferng to current music of iron maiden, not their legacy( I sad they're legends, also they were Britain's metal band to compete with the scene in america). Actually i was refering to their current music and their appearance as group of old people with leather jackets and long hair.

Althouh their live performance is still on top. They were in my country few years ago and they ripped the place!

This is NOT a GARBAGE list! I repeat. It's just some artists i think is boring.

INF
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
nickleback is garbage. u throw them in any list and POOF u got ur self an instant garbage list,lol.

noel411
05-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah I was at a loss as to why anybody on this site would even acknowledge the existence of Nickleback. I'm pretty sure nobody on this site would refute the fact that they are an abomination.

The Hound
05-26-2009, 06:45 PM
As for U2, Bono is very hypocritical in relation to spreading the wealth (keeps all of his shit in tax free haven's) and probaly has the highest opinion of himself, but damn their early stuff was good. I remember hearing "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" in Batman Forever and asked my mother to get me a U2 cd and she got me "Zooropa." Listen to that and tell me U2 are boring.

The fame U2 have now is rightly justified, imo, however excessive it may seem.

oDoUoSoKo
05-26-2009, 07:04 PM
well i sad that about radiohead based on what i seen on television.

If i don't like what i see on television it is most likely i won't check for their other songs..
}:|

can i / thread now?

Visionz
05-27-2009, 12:15 AM

can i / thread now?
hahaha I was thinking the same thing

spoonfed twat thinking hearing two songs will give you an accurate opinion

as Acid said Appetite for Destruction went so fucking hard that its crazy. People can hate on everything else after if they want to (though if you took the best of the Illusions you'd have ONE good cd) but that release was revolutionary for its time.

But I wouldn't expect some young dumbass who won't expand past MTV in the age of the fuckin internet to understand that. Some joints for the unintiated

KVYDnQwi3OQ
3va-a8fLO3k
DLf_yknxx4U

noel411
05-27-2009, 07:47 PM

can i / thread now?
You've got my approval.

The Hound
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
You can't just close because you disagree with it.

Shogah
05-28-2009, 04:27 AM

can i / thread now?

wow, some feelings got hurt...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-28-2009, 08:50 AM
U2 in the '80s :hands down:

Radiohead is not boring, not in my experience..

The Hound
05-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Are you saying that U2 in the 80's weren't good?

INF
05-29-2009, 01:53 AM
look , everybody just stop. dont worry about bagging on this faggit. He obviously crossed the line and needs to sit in the dog house of seclusion for a while.Just ignore dude. If I was mod I would take away ur privilege to post in this section Shogah. Srry dude but a lesson is a lesson.

u done fuck'd up.u know that right?????

dont answer that Q either.

The Hound
05-29-2009, 02:21 AM
I love Infinity's direct approach to addressing situations.

ButterCrunchJoints
05-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Oh and i've always thought Bob Dylan is boring/annoying.

:(
how does this go unnoticed?

CharlesJones
05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
A lot of rock singers are boring to me anyway and a lot of r&b singers are boring. I can't stand love songs and there's too many r&b singers that sing a bunch of boring love songs. I only like a few songs by rock artists such as Hall And Oates, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Wham, Bruce Springsteen, Average White Band, The Bee Gees, Steely Dan. I like the classic songs Still The One by Orleans and Listen To The Music by The Doobie Brothers. What's the name of the rock group that sang I'm Not In Love? It sounds like it came out in the 70's or early 80's. Oh i just remembered the group. Their name is 10cc i think. That's a odd name for a group. Jazz music is also boring to me and so is country music.

oDoUoSoKo
05-31-2009, 12:15 AM
:(
how does this go unnoticed?
not unnoticed...trying to address it without being disrespectful..eloels.

The Hound
05-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, it is a pretty ridiculous statement.

However, on Bob Dylan, I have always thought he was one of the absolute small minority of artists that you probably had to be there to fully capture the essence of his music which was more than just rhythm and lyrics.

oDoUoSoKo
05-31-2009, 12:47 AM
i feel the opposite, that his shit is timeless.

The Hound
05-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Nah, I don't mean you had to be there to enjoy it, but to truely grasp a lot of his messages I just think it would be a whole different level to have been there.

JerseyIronman
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
is the threadstarter really discussing Radiohead and NICKLEBACK in the same breathe??

WTF?

And is he really critizising them for not "changing it up?" I could see someone who hasnt listened to Radiohead that much finding them boring at first, but their sound is always changing album to album.

O yea, LOL @ the threadstarting for admitting he owns a Nickleback album

oDoUoSoKo
06-05-2009, 09:51 PM
eloels.