PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out to my Irish brethren

Visionz
05-27-2009, 03:56 AM
School a dude on wtf is up with those you call tinkers.

When I was reading up until today I thought it was slang for fag as in tinker(bell).

But then I see a Durag post on some whole other shit about being basically land-rovin gypsy pirates or some shit.

So what's up with them? Their history and such. I'm completely ignorant on the subject.

Durag
05-27-2009, 06:20 AM
This is basically the situation now:

A gypo, knacker, minker, pikie, traveller etc people who live in caravans and generations ago used to never live in one spot, used to travel around. I dont think their in america, usually confined to mainly ireland and some in england.

They used to be held high in irish society hundreds of years ago, thought of as been the definite irish person, but now their the lowest form of scum. They still live in caravans have sex with family members, live in third world conditions, dont work, but yet have brand new jeeps and cars. They terrorize normal people, steal from shops, attack people and rob them, sell drugs, trash pubs, destroy small towns when they arrive. hundreds of them could arrive in a small town overnight, park their caravans into a field and literally will not leave. The government cant force them to leave either coz its deemed descrimination. They constantly take part in bare knuckle boxing which usually ends in bloodshed coz of a war between two families.

Their banned from pubs, shops, restaraunts, beacuse when they get in they come in packs of 20 or 30 armed with guns, pitchforkes, knives etc, and literally destroy the place stealing and smashing everything in sight.

whenever theres a tinker funeral, the whole town has to shut down beacuse theres usually shot outs, violence, riots, all sorts of antisocial behaviour and people are afraid to leave their homes.

I was friends with one but he was killed by a rival family who chopped his head to pieces with a hatchet right in front of his wife and two year old daughter outside his parents house.

Theres a lot of settled tinkers in ireland now who live in shitty housing estates, and they can actually devalue the whole housing estate when they move in, and one family in my city even demanded a second house for their horse!.

Their everything thats wrong with irish society and are literally hated, but cant be stopped. You can spot them a mile off coz their usually fat with freckles and talk like their handicapped.

I think centurys ago they were well respected people, who took part in music activities, parties, trading etc and helped people out. They had a special relationship with the land, and were probably like what people call gypsies nowadays.

They travelled around place to place with their caravans and horses, and may stay in a fireld for a few years, or maybe just for a night or two. They were well liked, respected, and thought of as the definite irish person.

I heard they really came together in the time of the great famine, where they travelled from place to place searching for good land, but i think they came into prominace centurys ago when the british invaded our country and even before that back in the 700's when the normans and vikings invaded, because by travelling they could not be got and could hide in mountains and forests.

I dont know where the change came, but it must have been in the 70's and that, coz even in the 60's when ireland was still incredibly poor and behind the times in comparrison to other countries, they were well liked. I presume it was after the 60's when ireland started to catch up to everywhere else, and english and american culture bagan to take over.

Im not actually 100% sure of their history either, its not tought to us in school or anything, were told their people to be feard and avoided at all costs. Not all are bad, like i said i was friends with a few from one particular family, but theres this guy whos around with them the whole time. Apparantly their father was a load shark, lent this guy lots of money and he couldnt pay them back. Now he has to be around them all the time, they get him to steal for them, stab people for them, fight for them, and apparantly they all rape him when they feel like. He has been in jail numerous times coz of them. His life is destroyed and he can never leave them, they have family all over ireland and some in the uk who are all tinkers, and if he ever leaves, he will be killed. I really do feel sorry for him.

You dont want to ever get in debt with them, and if you see four tansit vans pull up alongside you in a deserted car park, you get the fuck OUT.

A traveller is the politically correct term for them but tinker, pikey, mink, knacker, gypo etc will do.

GZAjector
05-27-2009, 06:46 AM
holy shit that's scary

do tinkers have crystal meth? if not, that could be the missing ingredient.

Durag
05-27-2009, 07:04 AM
do tinkers have crystal meth? if not, that could be the missing ingredient.

You could be right.

Their not so prominant in dublin city, but you'll find them in most other places in the country, especially the west.

They were big in the drug game (in my city) a few years ago, but an other gang that has a monopoly in the drug marker in the city got pissed off, coz they were selling shitty drugs and focing people to buy the drugs of them. You had to call up to their caravns and four would come out all armed with shotguns while you made the purchase. If they seen you going to another dealer theyd put you in hospital.

Anyways one busy saturday a rival gang member went into the busiest street in the town and shot the father of the family twice in the head killing him, and that put an end to those tinkers dealing. And by father, i mean literally father of possibly 10 kids, maybe 20 grandkids, cousins, brothers, sisters etc who all live in say three caravans in a car park, and he would also be the head of the family in gang terms.

NIGHT MAYOR
05-27-2009, 07:08 AM
our farmers shot all our gypo's b4 they became to large in numbers.

Sarah UK
05-27-2009, 07:29 AM
We have them in Scotland too.

Durag
05-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah i think theres some all over britan, not sure if theyr were originally all irish that emingrated, or england and scotland had their own tinkers from century ago.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Interesting

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
so was Brad PItt was one of these pikeys in snatch.

begongo
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
^exactly

RALPH WIGGUM
05-27-2009, 12:09 PM

You like dags?

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
yea its like the IRish accent on crack

DUMBO
05-27-2009, 12:17 PM
peace to the irish people and the republic of ireland.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
From everything I've seen on Ireland, the movies, what I have heard here, I would never want to visit it.

Seems like a violent place with aggressive people.

England seems this way too for some reason, or maybe its just London.

It is a very interesting place tho.

RALPH WIGGUM
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
From everything I've seen on Ireland, the movies, what I have heard here, I would never want to visit it.

I went to Kerry, its beautiful and calm but i guess Dublin aint that way, my brother's studyin in Cork and he really likes it, its like everywhere I think you got good and bad areas.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
well, i guess its just what I've seen about it, but again, most of the movies I have seen are set in the 70's or so, when that shit was at its peak.

But actually I met 3 Irish people on my trip and they were cool people. Very friendly and outgoing.
Man they love to talk.

RALPH WIGGUM
05-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah I know watchu mean, but I think since they entered European Union, Ireland developed really fast.

Durag
05-28-2009, 03:36 AM

Kind of, except a lot less gypsey-ish looking and more scumbaggy. They usually wear tracksuits or dirty shirts open at the chest, with lots and lots of gold jewlery. Their all usually really big pricks as well.

Dublin has gotten like that yes, similar to London now, and Limerick and is a gang ridden town. The North has been very violent and aggressive for years, and still is at times but isnt as bad as it was.

Most of the east (apart from Dublin), south (apart from Limerick) and west (apart from maybe Galway and Sligo at times) are all relativly safe.

Most of the violence and aggression that isnt gang or I.R.A involved is ALL drink or drug related. You could go to a small town in the west and decide to go for a night out, and it may look like a nice quiet little village, but no matter who you are, you will get the shit kicked put of you by about 20 buffs (country people) if your not from there. I dont go out in small towns anymore coz of that shit, and usually when i go out theres only two or three of us. They put a friend of mine in hospital two weeks ago.

Visionz
05-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Kind of, except a lot less gypsey-ish looking and more scumbaggy. They usually wear tracksuits or dirty shirts open at the chest, with lots and lots of gold jewlery. Their all usually really big pricks as well.

Dublin has gotten like that yes, similar to London now, and Limerick and is a gang ridden town. The North has been very violent and aggressive for years, and still is at times but isnt as bad as it was.

Most of the east (apart from Dublin), south (apart from Limerick) and west (apart from maybe Galway and Sligo at times) are all relativly safe.

Most of the violence and aggression that isnt gang or I.R.A involved is ALL drink or drug related. You could go to a small town in the west and decide to go for a night out, and it may look like a nice quiet little village, but no matter who you are, you will get the shit kicked put of you by about 20 buffs (country people) if your not from there. I dont go out in small towns anymore coz of that shit, and usually when i go out theres only two or three of us. They put a friend of mine in hospital two weeks ago.
thanks for sharing all the info you have in this thread man, interesting stuff.

question for you, what's up with the cops in the area? too chicken shit to do anything?

Durag
05-29-2009, 05:52 AM
The cops dont have guns here and in general dont do much when it comes to drug gangs or tinkers. Tinkers are up in court nearly every week for assaults, robbing, stabbings ect, and usually manage to avoid getting jail time, somehow, and if they do its usually only a few months. The cops have no hope with drug gangs whatsoever, so their constantly arresting people for small things, which happened to me a few times, and throwing people in jail for a lot less.

I think im making Ireland out to sound a lot worse than it actually is, in general its a nice place, and bar certain ares, we dont have too much crime, and depending on your status in society you could either find yourself in a lot of trouble, or never have any, same as anywhere i think.

The war in northern ireland is over, apart from the IRA killing three british PSNI officers a few months ago, but the british didnt respond, so in general its a lot safer than it was. Obviously if you go into certain areas in dublin, limerick, belfast etc your gonna find yourself in trouble.

Tage
05-29-2009, 05:55 AM
is it just me or do northern ireland women have sexy as fuck voices.... like christine bleakly from 'the one show' or zoe salmon who was on 'blue peter'?

nothing can beat a scouse girl though, dirty sluts.

Durag
05-29-2009, 06:07 AM
^Northern Ireland accents are sexy, although some of the stronger accents on the west can get a little annoying. You should hear some of the accents in the south and south west of the republic, thier probably the worst accents ive heard in the world.

English women have a reputation for being slutty here, i think its mostly scouser women though, sexy bitches.

AcidPhosphate69
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
I want to go to Ireland. Ethnicly speaking, I'm Irish-Scottish so I've always been fascinated with that shit. I recently got a family tree thing from my aunt that says my bloodline (Saunders is my last name) originated in Cork. I don't have it handy or else I'd tell you when and with who. Good fucking read though.