PDA

View Full Version : "Prelude To The Odyssey" -FREE Sinapse album, produced by Complex Realmz

Sinapse
05-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Peace to all!

Surprise! I haven't been dropping anything and have been very inactive since "Re-Evolution" dropped, but I have been working on new music...here is a FREE album produced by Complex Realmz done in April and May of this year, following "Re-Evolution"....

Major props to my man Plex, who blessed me with an incredible line up of production that inspired me to take my craft to the next level. Plex and I are working together on future projects and are now a team so to speak, so this project is called a prelude for a reason.

Peace to Varan for the artwork!

"Prelude To The Odyssey"
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngiyygydcny

You can also check out a bunch of tracks from the album in my myspace player, along with the samplers from my previous album "Re-Evolution" at www.myspace.com/sinapsemc (http://www.myspace.com/sinapsemc)

*Stream the entire album

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player.php?id=m1606c8e

http://www.datpiff.com/Sinapse_Complex_Realmz_Prelude_To_The_Odyssey.m505 18.html

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk281/MCSinapse/PTTO_frontcover.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk281/MCSinapse/PTTO_backcover.jpg

Shitao
05-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Pffff... Dl :)

THE MASON
05-29-2009, 01:10 PM
DLed

back with a review soon, on first listen, BANGIN'

Noyz
05-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Just gave this a quick listen, and this is sounding very dope so far. Will drop a full review soon.

Shitao
05-29-2009, 02:29 PM
You've killed me. Both of you.

Boss_Digger
05-29-2009, 03:21 PM
you already know the deal fam!!! but i will def hook up a review soon!!

M.O.D.
05-29-2009, 07:51 PM
heat rocks my dude

Sinapse
05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks to everyone that has downloaded, really appreciate the listens and feedback!!!

Please help spread the word however you can....

PEACE

12weLvE
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Major props on the project to both Sin and Plex. Going to be enjoying this album for a while. Review coming Soon.

Rep Added.

PEace

MF Herbs
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
SEEESAWS!!! Nuff respect Sinaspe x Mentals.. You already know..

SKAMPOE
05-30-2009, 01:20 PM
oh werd, gettin it now, this was a surprise...its about time we take the audio booth back with the real!

SKAMPOE
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
album is dope kid, ma only thing is i was left wanting more tracks, i guess since the other masterpiece had like whut 40 tracks lol but yea shit is tight as fuck! plex came thru with sum serious beats man props to him ya iz a real dope combo! peace!

Sinapse
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
The fans are sleepin like they poppin Lunesta

The Prime Sithesizah
06-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Downloading and checkin out now...

SKAMPOE
06-01-2009, 10:26 PM
The fans are sleepin like they poppin Lunesta
hahha i peeped that, the unknown.. serious shit, its good rappin, is y my foots tappin..

JIGSAW45
06-01-2009, 10:49 PM
downloading it now...aint been on in a few days. i'm sure this will be some flames as usual.be back with some feed soon,peace

Sleep Sinatra
06-02-2009, 02:28 AM
yo just wanted 2 slide thru an say peace on this shit, mad original album, most original ive heard in a minute, sinapse u rip shit lyrically all throughout, stand out track for me would probably have 2 be Background Radiation, just the delievery and subject matter combined with the wordplay is ill, good shit yo

Sinapse
06-02-2009, 08:45 AM
^
Yo thanks a lot Sleep, sounding original is the best compliment we can get....

Word @ Skampoe, I see you were listening...

Keep downloading and lettin us know what ya'll think!!!

PEACE

The Prime Sithesizah
06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Sinapse + Complex = Beyond The Term "Lost For Words".. a super lyrical emcee with a super creative producer.. and they suite each other's styles perfectly... I HIIIIGGHHLY suggest everyone, literally everyone, to download this...

The Prime Sithesizah
06-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Gonna promote this RIGHT NOW...

Sinapse
06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
^
Yo thanks a lot Prime, for real. Spreading the word/link and helping get this free album out and into people's ears to build my name, and Plex's as well, is the best support ya'll can give us right now, so thanks again man...PEACE

ERN-DAWGY
06-02-2009, 12:48 PM
dope im coppin it now ill be back with a review after i listen..peace yall

ERN-DAWGY
06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
damn yo you guys did a great job man, plex is holdin it down on the boards nice and you killing it...this album is a lot to manifest on a first listen but my fav joint is The Unknown so far, as you goin in the track is just blows up man you rocked taht shit nice...peace

Sinapse
06-02-2009, 01:04 PM
damn yo you guys did a great job man, plex is holdin it down on the boards nice and you killing it...this album is a lot to manifest on a first listen but my fav joint is The Unknown so far, as you goin in the track is just blows up man you rocked taht shit nice...peace

Yo, thanks a lot Ern!

Yeah it's def the kinda album that'll open up more after repeated listens...

Plex was an animal on the boards, these beats were really creative and this project is what it is because of the production for sure, so shots to Plex all day...

PEACE

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Yo Been Maddddd Busy But Imma D/L This Soon

Sinapse
06-03-2009, 08:17 AM
^
No doubt.

Keep downloading and let us know what ya'll think!!!

Don't sleep on this, it's a FREE album

THE MASON
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Peace Sin

Imma get you a review real soon, loving this joint though, fresh sounds with mad creativity. I think this is an album that you gotta sit down and really vibe with before you can even think of writing a review anyways.

Ill be back soon, Peace

Noyz
06-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Intro - Really smooth beat to set the tone.

Heatwave Sessions - The pianos! Plex did a beautiful job on this beat. Lyrically, this is my favorite joint as well. Sin, you have a really dope and intricate writing style where nearly every syllable in each bar is rhymed with something else, so it takes repeated listens just to catch where each phrase syncs up in the structure of the bar. 10/10

'Its like satisfying people man, its never enough/
everything I've done in life, it just lessens my trust/'

'If they're saying hip hop's dead, then I'm guessing I'm a zombie/
Roaming the streets hoping to meet the wack, bogus and weak/
so I can attack, crack their dome open and eat/'

Background Radiation - Love the violins here, and the drums bang hard. The rhymes match the overall mood and tone of the beat really well. Just a perfect match of MC and producer. 9/10

The Unknown - The flow on the first few bars is insane here. There are a lot of layers to the beat here, and it sorta reminds me of Stoupe on Psycho-Social. The chopped up computer blips in the background are a bit off-setting, and I'm still not totally feeling that part of the beat. 8.5/10

Lifted - The opening part of the verse has some good imagery, but sounds a little too much like any other ode to weed track. The lyrics greatly improve though when you talk about the history of weed laws and the politics behind it. The beat is really chill and fits the content well. Overall a nice track to just vibe to. 8/10

Controlled Chaos - Really interesting and unique beat here. Rhymes are also top notch. In terms of sound quality, this was my least favorite track. In my headphones, the echo behind your verse makes it hard properly hear some of the intricacies of the beat. 8.5/10

Interlude - Really feeling the beat here. Sounds like vintage Pete Rock. Just sucks that its only a minute and a half long! I could hear you flow on this all day. 9/10

Lo Fly - One of the standouts on the album. Songs like this just inspire me to write harder. 'When you got all the skills, but none of the connections'. 10/10

I'll be back with my review for the rest of it soon. What happens with me a lot times when I listen to a really dope album with a lot of tracks on it is I tend to get stuck replaying the first half of it, so it takes me a while to get around to the rest of it. The interesting thing here is that this is only 35 minutes long, so that's a testament to how ill this joint really is.

LORD_BEATJITZU
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
yo!you cats killed this shit!you cats make a good team and all the joints are pure fire!
the lyrics and beats flow well and everything is on point!this project is one of the best to come out of the corp!keep doing what you cats is doing.

THE MASON
06-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Intro - Really sets the tone of the album off, real spaced out sound, with laidback vibe to it, brings you into everything nice. And im defo feelin what Sin is saying on there.

Heat Wave Sessions - From the intro to this, it flows really nicely, especially like how what you say in the intro leads into the jump off lyrics of this track. The flow on this track is also incredible, mad switches in the flows. The beat is a monster, theres a lot for different sounds but the dont collide but blend nicely.

Background Radiation - Right away when i first listened, this was a standout track. Beat, flow, delivery etc. all fantastic. "Always red eyes bright, Jedi knight" <--- ill fuckin line. This definitely was one of my favourite tracks on the album, not much more to say about it other then its a beast.

The Unknown - Grew to become my favourite track on the album. Beat is really minimal, but has mad switch ups and added sounds. The lyrics are probably some of the most effective on there, and the flow is unstoppable. At 1:46 on so on..... you cant touch that shit lol. Just one of those blackout tracks, very, very dope. "Im so '97, but my flows 9/11, dont know where i am, but it might be heaven" <-- POTENT shit!!!

Lifted - Smoke that shit!!! Damn man that beat is ment for smoking herbals too. Love the lyrics and it definitely fits the vibe of the album and one of the best smoking songs ever. GOD DAMN!!, the beat makes me twist one ever time and burn that shit down. The lyrics are dope but its the flow on this track that makes it more so, and the beat of course(its that damn like video game flute sound lol). And when i say this i aint lyin' but, everytime i pause the album to get high hahahahahaha then i move on.

Controlled Chaos - This track sounds more like Revolution but has something about it that separates it from that sound. The beat is another monster, one of my favourites, lots of changes and the drums are that marching, rum pum pum type shit!! and Sin, damn man, very militant approach, not with the words so much, it just has a very strategic structure to it, the flow is machine gunnin'. Just CHAOTIC!! lol

Interlude(Parlayin') - I almost think this track should have followed up after Lifted but it is a very dope track. The beat is laidback and the lyrics fits nicely, lots of dope wordplay.

Lo Fly - Definitely a stand out track. Beat is epic, some crazy fuckin sounds!!!
"Hearts are explodin, the passion(?), we car jackin' the moment"<--- aint that some shit!! Top 5 track on the album for sure, and one of the best parts is the shout out verse for Plex very well put together.

Down the Alley - Dark fuckin track!! Like the transfer from Lo Fly to this, matches up nicely. The chorus is very dope, usually i dont give lots of attention, as far as meaning, to a chorus in tracks, but this caught my attention. Very aggresive flow from Sin which brings it back to the Revolution type sound, which aint a bad thing lol.

Unchained - Beat right away catches the ear, wild sound!! Minimal like the Unknown and how it rises in volume is a dope touch. Sin shines on this track too, nice flow and dope lyrics. Then when the sample flips about half way through, Plex man, WHAT THE FUCK!! lol

Seesaws - Some VERY deep material on this one. First off beat is crazy, shit is actually beautiful, the sample, drums, everything is workin, with each other. And Sin speakin on some shit. You can't hate this track, but it definitely needs to be listened to on some headphones, to take it all in. " I'd rather feel cold, if it helps me see more"

Sunset - Has the perfect beat for an outro track, just has that sound that makes you feel like it the end of something or somethings changing. Its also a nice flow into this from Seesaws, both are similar type tracks, imo. Sin has some really interesting lyrics, almost sounds like he's talking to someone else in the track, other then the listener, if that makes sense lol.

Overall - Very, very dope album, especially for free lol, im playin. This is definitely some of Sinapses best work lyrically. Each track has a nice mix of flow and lyrics, with plenty of variation throughout the album and within each track. Complex also presents some of the best work i have heard from him, albeit limited lol, but it is very high in quality, very creative and unique sounding. Standout tracks to me are: Heat Wave Session, The Unknown, Lo Fly and Seesaws. In my opinion both artists are in there PRIME, and can't wait to hear more from both of them. Together i will call this group SinaPlex!! Cause they are creating movie music.

Peace!!

Sinapse
06-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Noyz - thanks a lot for the track by track! I really appreciate that and def lookin' forward to your thoughts on the remaining tracks...

---

Thanks a lot Lord B...appreciate you checkin' out the joint and coming thru the thread...we are def gonna keep doing we are doing!!! This joint here is the beginning of a journey we settin' off...

---

Yooooo Bronze, that is a really dope review, I appreciate how much you get into the music and really take it all in...thanks a lot for taking the time to type up your thoughts.

Peace for all the feedback!

Keep downloading and def help us spread the word!!

PEACE

12weLvE
06-03-2009, 11:42 PM
LOL @ Sinaplex... Dope review Bronze.

REp Added.

Keep bumping this heat yall!

JIGSAW45
06-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Peace my dude...once again u dropped another gem.props to plex as well,yall definitely got bizzy on this project.my favorite joints are unchained,seesaws,sunsets, and heat wave sessions. the whole album is crazy,i just like those the most,again...u know a good album when u put it on and just let it rock all the way thru...props my dude,peace

360beatz
06-05-2009, 03:01 AM
the project is ill nice work from both of yall...

Noyz
06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Down The Alley - The beat reminds me of "Through Blood By Thunder" on the last AOTP album, but its much more well done here. The way your voice picks up in intensity at the right time with the beat is sick. 'Nothing in the universe that equals my disgust'. 9/10

Unchained - It amazes me sometimes how you spit such dense verses without taking a breath. I can't even make out if you punched in or not, so that is some serious breath control. In terms of production, this is my least favorite beat on the album. It's not a bad beat by any means, but it sounds underwhelming next to a lot of the other ones on here. 7.5/10

Seesaws - I'm speechless over this joint. Lyrically, this song is so deep and I can relate with you totally on this one. The beat is incredible. Sounds like something Blue Sky Black Death would do. Not much else to say. Beautiful joint. 'I'd rather feel cold if it helps me see more'. 10/10

Sunsets - All the hooks are well done on the album, but this one is the most well written. Love how the strings come in for it. The beat is relaxed, but has a mournful sort of feel to it. Perfect choice for the closer. 9/10

Overall, this is dope album. You can tell a lot of time and effort was put into the beats and rhymes, and the pairing of Plex and Sin is a perfect match between writer and producer.

Sinapse
06-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Peace Jig and Schizo!! Thanks for checking out the project ya'll, keep bumpin that and spread the word for us!!

Noyz thanks for coming thru and completing the review, it's really helpful for me...on the issue of breath control, you can hear me breath every once in a while man!!! lol I don't punch in on the long rhymes like Unchained, only when the track has a hook or an obvious break, I memorize all my rhymes and practice them a lot, also I have learned how to rap more calmly which goes a long way for breath control...my philosophy is that I should be able to perform any track I do on wax live, I am not a fan of "studio tricks" so to speak...although I did punch in when I started making music, out of necessity. Thanks again homie, PEACE

Complex
06-05-2009, 02:06 PM
good lookin out to everyone takin time to listen... glad heads is feelin it, we got much more in store... peace 2 sinapse holdin me down on here, we def buildin on somethin big... like sin said this only the prequel so stay tuned

peace

Sinapse
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks again to those that have downloaded and for all the feedback!!! Please help up spread the music, we need to get the number of downloads on this project up!!

If you haven't peeped this, don't sleep on it!!! We really put in the work to create an original sounding record so check the joint out, it's free....

PEACE

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Damn At Heatwave......Best Song On The Joint I Gave This A Few Spins That Dat We Spoke .....My Guy Is Gonna Put Heatwave On The Radio Wendsday ....Its Only A College Station But Its Still Broadcasted All Over Milwaukee 91.7 WMSOE I Dont Know When Thou ....He'll Call Me

Peace

Sinapse
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
^
Thanks a lot Max...appreciate you spreading the music man! That's good to know, let me know if it goes down...PEACE

The Prime Sithesizah
06-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I havent stopped playing "The Unknown" since I downloaded this.. make no mistake.. this entire album is RAW and one of the illest tapes Ive ever heard.. but that track inspired my latest beats yo...

Sinapse
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I havent stopped playing "The Unknown" since I downloaded this.. make no mistake.. this entire album is RAW and one of the illest tapes Ive ever heard.. but that track inspired my latest beats yo...

Peace Prime...def appreciate those words!

Boss_Digger
06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Intro: Real nice mellow beat good one to start with, I actually like the spoken word as well cos on first listen it prepares you to listen with an open mind!!!! Whether the spoken word will ware thin over time or not and become skippable i dont know but I hope not cos the beat is dope and that should be enough to keep us away from the skip button!!

Heatwave sessions: Beat is sick!! A perfect combination of mellow and Grimey and a lovley use of pianos IMO. The first thing I notice on Sins part is the new laid back fllow as well as dope flow switch's and crazy breath control and the usual well thought out lyrics.

Background radiation: Nice spacey vibe and great drums!! Sin matched it up with some great spacey science lyrics that im sure went wasted on my dumb arse lol but I still managed to be impressed by what I did pick out. The only let down for me was the hook which I wasnt feeling to much personally.

The unknown: One of my fav beats of the album a classic hip hop vibe but still very plex. Sin.................... Damn that breath control is on another level, mad serious props on that fam, you got circular breathing on lock now!!! its a long verse but you added lots of nice little subtle switches to keep the ear which I thought was dope!!! Nice concept too, def one of my overall favs!!

Lifted: Nice mellow beat perfect for the subject matter IMO!! Def a different approach on the rhymes to your typical cliche weed rap for the most part and an interesting listen! Another one of my personal favs here!!!

Controlled Chaos: Dope beat with a very interesting melody, certainly unlike anything Ive heard before!! I gotta admit this is my least fav track tho but I do like it and it grows on me with each listen. I think in time as I pick up more lines in the controlled chaos of it all, it will be more of a standout but its def a grower!! The flow and switches tho are out of this world and A+ for the term "Grammer hammers" lol!!!

Parlayin: Man I love this beat, sounds like mall music plexified lol and its real dope mad props son!!! "sizing me up me up since Mom's first ultra sound" + " How can Sheep be riding bitch in the driver seat" Nuff said!!!

LO-Fly: Boi this joint is the shit and my personal fav!! Amazing fat synthy bass that almost sounds like it's living and breathing. Sin again with that real chilled low back flow thats been prominent throught the album so far and is a very different approach from re-evo and Recon and a vast improvement I feel!! And all done in 2/3 months......crazy!!! I really like the hook on this as well it just sounds really cool!!

Down The Ally: The bass and Kicks on this is bonkers and a real spacey vibe over the ruggedness to boot! mad props plex your building mad textured beats!!! grimier delivery, Great hook and impecable flow!! Fuck me tho when you dropped " Music inducin confusion, like rubix cubic soloutions, a ruthless human computin brutal beautiful muses " My jaw nearly dropped off lol!!!!!!

Unchained: Great beat, grimey low end yet light and bouncy at the same time, Nice concept from sin and some great punchlines too boot lol at Hater-ade!!

Seesaws: This beat is incredible lots of incredible layers and that chello is haunting man, mad props again!!! Another great concept track almost like Newton's physics meets rap lol, lots of great lines and overall a very deep and solid track! one of my favs again!!

Sunsets: Plex the vocal sample is enchanting fam and your drum work is nutsssss on this!!!! Great way to finish the album off "my life is a beautiful train wreck, the divine derailed me" + " Thats why i stay writing musical rain checks" = dopeness!!!

Overall I think Plex showed that he finds it difficult to make a whack beat lol, incredible work fam mad props!!! Sin has shown amazing growth in just a few months IMO esapecially where delivery is concerned he is far more laid back and isnt shout rapping as much which I think is an improvement. To top it all off I still listen to this pretty much everyday day so it cant be bad lol, props guys and I look forward to your future projects!!

Sinapse
06-11-2009, 09:53 AM
^
Thanks 7th, really appreciate the track by track!!

---

Plex and I really feeling the love on this project, the response has been great - so thanks to ya'll that have downloaded and left feedback - however, the download numbers are dragging ass and I get the feeling that beyond core fam and fans people aren't even downloading...this project needs to spread more...it's a crazy time in 2009, it's hard to get people to d/l your music let alone buy it, lol

Peace

KingMalik
06-13-2009, 08:39 PM
shit is dope, lyrics all day

Sinapse
06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player.php?id=m1606c8e

http://www.datpiff.com/Sinapse_Complex_Realmz_Prelude_To_The_Odyssey.m505 18.html

Stream the entire album

THE MASON
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Yo how did the show go on Friday Sin?

What tracks did you do?

Peace

MENES
07-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Peace sin I listen to this tape dailey,

beats are fantastic, like nothin i heard before
flows and lyrics are like some fresh air , this is wat the game needs!
I bump this shit like i bump tha Wu, truth!!

one of my favorite artist right now no doubt,

PEACE

sobhiphop
07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Love the consistent feel of the album. Sunsets is my favorite lycrically and production wise. cant wait to hear the next one u guys do.

Sinapse
07-08-2009, 02:56 PM
What up..thx to those checkin and downloading the album. I been mad busy and not checkin' other people's shit, so I def appreciate ya'll coming thru even tho I been mostly ghost.

Yo how did the show go on Friday Sin?

What tracks did you do?

Peace

Show went well Bronze, thanks for asking...

I did in order: The Knife, Heat Wave, The Unknown, Cant Take It Anymore, and Lo Fly...

I'm actually trying to get the video still, it was my first show so I didn't feel totally comfortable but it was a blast and I'm really looking forward to my next one on the 31st at the Trocadero here in PHilly which is a much more prominent venue...was a great learning experience, I figured out that some of my faster, longer joints don't translate as well on stage, so right now I'm putting together a set that is more individual verses and some new joints I'm working on with a live show in mind, tryna make shit a little more easy to digest and catchy for shows where not everyone knows my songs.

Peace sin I listen to this tape dailey,

beats are fantastic, like nothin i heard before
flows and lyrics are like some fresh air , this is wat the game needs!
I bump this shit like i bump tha Wu, truth!!

one of my favorite artist right now no doubt,

PEACE

Yoo, Menes, I appreciate that deeply...sometimes it's frustrating cuz it's so saturated and difficult to get people to listen, but when cats hit me with a comment like that it makes we wanna go hit the lab and raise the bar even higher...Respect...

Love the consistent feel of the album. Sunsets is my favorite lycrically and production wise. cant wait to hear the next one u guys do.

Thanks for checkin SOB, like I said I been busy so I ain't been checkin' people's music, but I'm def gonna give Cult Classics a spin...I fell out of touch with Nemonic, but I'm curious to see how you both have grown...thanks again for checkin this...PEACE

12weLvE
08-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Check it yall.

DC Entel
08-23-2009, 02:47 AM
checkin in..sin's nasty..look out for sinful entelligence

Sinapse
11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Upping for the uninformed...

If you missed this, download it NOW

The next project from Realmz and I (not The Odyssey) is almost done

PEACE

12weLvE
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Long Due Review...

Intro - "Be hip hop, but dont be afraid to experiment..."

Heat Wave Sessions - Melody is sick Plex. Real dirty joint. Sin you are a beast on this one... What impressed me the most about this track was your flow.... "triple digit zizzle sin would spit a freakin missle I am so angry at the music, I ll think I ll whip it with a pistol --- kick bars, puch lines and chocked down verses, smoked down murking all with my slowdown versions"... Hook is sick... A bunch of dope lines certain cats wont get... "52-2-44's.... Thats genius right there...

Background Radiation - "I rock a rocket launcher, you lames holding a pen, I dont rap on this planet so i am way over the head, 3-2-1 lift off the cycher celestial ..." "Rappers saying they cold, but dont know that i am 3 calvin... almost absolute 0, we lacking true heros, theres nothing to sum up, its like adding two 0's" LOL! "These cats so regular I rather rap in the nebula..." You wild for this track Sin. Now to the beat... joint sounds just like the tittle... drum game is nasty on this Plex. Big ups for this track yall, one of my favs.

The Unknown - One of the best Sin joints ever. Just non stop gem spitting, never fall off beat, and the breath control is crazy on this. "Man I am so 97 but my flows 9/11/ dont know where I am, but I know it might be heaven... And lol @ all the kanye bitters and the Cory gunz clones line. "I learn how to take suggestions and wipe my ass with them"... word up man... this joint is 100% hip hop... "I am still unknown today, but maybe not tomorrow, I am just one show away... Thats the mentality that cats need nowadays... fuck all these E rapping shit, its cool but doing shows, and getting your music out to people outside the net is where its at.

Lifted - Ahhh Plex this is fresh!! Those flutes are somthing else. Your digging game is flawless man. And man the way those snares keep poppin on the track is sick. REal relaxing. Sin I know you love the trees man haha. "And when it comes to taste see I am quite phyckyl, I preffer white widow, with a hint of sprite skittles, I get high chizle sculptures, then write riddles, and make my mind sizzle and create sky ripples... Its dope that throught the whole track you actually wrote about the history of Weed... And just the imagery on the track is dope..."its like an ocean of green" you took the topic somewhere else, unlike the I am high all the time raps I ve done heard a million times. Taking tracks soemehwere else...thats where its at.

Controlled Chaos - This joint is wild. One of my favorites on the album. This is a joint that some may really love, or really dislike, just because of how out of control it is. The beat is Plex showing off his talent to the max. I ve never heard a beat like this in my life. Very sick wild joint. The flow Sin is carrying on this track is bananas. Riding a beat like this is a task I bet... I wish I could sit down and catch and write every line from 1:18 to 1:56 smh... crazy rapid fire flow. "If my flow was water, it be filling an ocean, and drown the whole world about feeling even a little emotion" Yup... this track is bananas.

Interlude (Parlayin) - Smooth beat, feeling the cymbal rides on the drums plex. What I kicks classic/ my kicks classic air-maxes 95, writing rhymes like a 9 to 5, lost my j.o.b. bars like payote, parlay a pound of profit of of 8 oz's/ thats doubled, I can tripple and stand on 3rd base word play and quadruple the worth of my work-rate"--- cant be seen by emcees who spit average shit... Lost your mind on this joint.

Lo Fly - The anthem. "we keep it lo fly, we keep it lo fly!" And my cortex is a maze, fuck the norm I summon storms, I am a vortex on the page, got more plex on the brain, the SPB, the beats knock, master of geology specialty heat rocks!" ... "I mean yall make songs, I paint pictures all day long". the sickness dont stop... "My brains an armory" just that line is crazy lol. Crazy track.

Down the Alley - Darkest joint on the album. Feeling the way Plex builds the anticipation with the pitch switches. The voices that come in and out are crazy... gives the beat more character. Sins comes in real raw, with dope flows all over. "I ll take you downt he alley where we seranate the silent...." That section there is crazy. Its dope that this track was placed here, bringing something a little diff as far as sound.

Unchainned - Very diff. kind of beat. Very creative, but it just never seems to grow on me, and I ve been listening to this album for months. I have a hard time getting into the track. Sin did a good job riding the beat.

Seesaws - "Riding deep thoughts like seesaws" Best track on the album IMO. This beat is so crazy, and Sin looses his mind, on the written. The Imagery to me is what gets me about this track. "A burned house of cards, truth I ve chosen to bare" "Its also primitive, tell me what are we chassing, we all wanth sex, but how much love are we making?.. we live of the earth its our blood that we're tasting/ and if we dissapeer then the mother keeps aging, so dont forget that the future is fragile its a war fam, the ox's are loosing a castle, humanity murked we loosing a battle/ how we get up the creek, while we using a pattle, and thats exactly how the truth is unrabbled/ and thats exactly why my booth is chapple, where I ponder a sermon on technology" God damn this track has some of the Sickest segment of a verse I ve heard in a minute. "at the end I ll be a fighter, cause I ve been a lover first/ I submitted and admitted as I script another verse, and use my bars as bricks to build another church, I worship deep thoughts life seesaws, the bitter sweet, the misery - the rewards I rather feel cold if it helps me see more.... i rather feel cold if it helps me see more" 9:|6

Sunsets - "yo the world turns to sunsets, one birth one death, love hurt and unrest" Way to set it off. "Most days so high, smoked out and chased the sky, over the horizon, find a way to make it right..." "I dint want to grow up, I rather die naive" Thats so true at times, especially when you grow up and witness the ugly in life. Really feeling that line because of its truthfulness. Very unique sounding beat by Mentals. I love joins where the vocals run throught the whole track like that. Favorite beat on the album and 2nd fav track on the album. This joint to me is worthy of radio play just beacuse I can see a lot of people relating to this. "Deep in love I see the sun, through an ever fallen rain" smh @ the imagery. Flawless track.

Overall -- I bump this project a couple of times a month, when I want to sit down and hear some deep shit. Very experimental unique beats, and out of this world lyrics, and some wild flows. Some will sleep on it, and never listen to it, but its an amazing album with great replay value... just 12 track. Big ups to both Sinapse and Complex... I know it took me a while to write this review, but you guys know how I feel about the project regardless of whether I wrote it or not.

Peace yall... Looking forward to future projects.

Sinapse
11-18-2009, 10:39 AM
I know it took me a while to write this review, but you guys know how I feel about the project regardless of whether I wrote it or not.

Yeah man, you know it wasn't necessary to write all that up but I know Realmz prob appreciates as much as I do...Thanks a lot

The album may get slept on in cyberland but it's enjoying some attention locally, a few local underground mix cds have had various PTTO tracks - people love Lifted, and I do tracks like The Unknown and Lo Fly live, so yeah this project is alive and well...eventually I'm going to press it up to include as a bonus disc for a future LP

Peace

SKAMPOE
11-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Werd up!