PDA

View Full Version : will the south reign end

killafifth
05-31-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm tired of the. Dance songs and. We getten money shit. Its becomming oversaturated with the same dumb ass shit all the songs sound the same the beats sound the same freeestyles are week vocabulary is at an all time low. Even jewlery is played out. Iz there hope for a new sound and is it possiable for some one like j electronica to shine

food for thought
05-31-2009, 12:47 AM
probably gona be like this for a while

just tune-out and bump your own shit

theres a million ppl that feel like u

killafifth
05-31-2009, 01:13 AM
I feel you famm but some one has to do something shit our whole existence could be fucked up do to the ignorents of the youth its like the powers that be hate hiphop because of what it has the power to do so they made it counter productive

SKAMPOE
05-31-2009, 01:34 AM
i feel you famm but some one has to do something shit our whole existence could be fucked up do to the ignorents of the youth its like the powers that be hate hiphop because of what it has the power to do so they made it counter productive
indeed man thats wat i been sayin... The powers that be lol seen how that real hiphop teaches and gives awareness, so they aint like that, so they using the culture to keep cats dumb on that bullshit...

killafifth
05-31-2009, 01:42 AM
For shit to be this wack it has to be on purpose hahahaha mother iz wack man ad the youth are dumbed down for the new world order

killafifth
05-31-2009, 02:26 AM
This is serious ...but money is the root of the. Wackness that haunts us

YungSunny
05-31-2009, 05:27 AM
Like nobody was trying to get money and dance back in the 90's?

Yeah, thought so.

J-Cee
05-31-2009, 05:53 AM
post this in KTL.

drippie k
05-31-2009, 07:13 AM
Like nobody was trying to get money and dance back in the 90's?

Yeah, thought so.
word i feel that and that ain't goin nowhere, people are always going to wanna dance n make money and wear jewelery but the thing is that these days, some of the songs being made to dance to n whatnot are soundin to sound the same, which is what killafifth was pointing out

there aint nothin wrong with makin a song to dance to but originality is lacking these days

YungSunny
05-31-2009, 08:04 AM
^True.

On the real I don't have a problem with the rappers these days, cause there has been and will always be wack rappers.
I have a problem with the people who support the bad shit, though, cause they keep the bad rappers motivated to keep going with their music.

netscape check two
05-31-2009, 01:42 PM
The South will rise.. The South will rise again:

http://www.horrorexpress.com/images/2001maniacs_30-710.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
05-31-2009, 04:36 PM
A new hip hop scene is going to emerge from Seattle and all of its followers will wear flannel shirts and it will become suicidal music

Dirty Knowledge
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Nah it's pretty much here to run shit.

OB4CL2
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
south music keps getting worse and worse. someone will come out in a few years that will be 10 times worse than soulja boy. even new NY rappers like Maino has been attaching to this "gettin money" shit. Bun B even said the new south music sucks.

Dirty Knowledge
05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
pe_O3X0R9e8

snapple
05-31-2009, 10:21 PM
i don't really care who is "running the rap" game. there has been some good stuff coming out lately.

on another note, the south has produced a lot of good music. i have no problem with the south at all. a lot of rappers from other regions are on some BS 2. fuck sellouts. fuck unoriginal rappers. fuck commercial ass trend followers. long live real hiphop~

Olive Oil Goombah
06-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Times have changed, people have changed, the world has changed, America has changed.

Even if it went back to NY, it would not resemble what it was.

THat era is over. Hip hop will never be what it was. Get used to it. THings are changing in the community.

killafifth
06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Yo I feel you but I can't except that there is no standard

killafifth
06-01-2009, 07:22 PM
The south has some good artist but it seems like the industry only wants the most ignoreant motherfukas to shine I'm telling y'all the powers that be want our music to be fuked up because its a higher state of conciosness. Hiphop has the ability to heal help and educate but itz actually hurting us and I hate to hear these whore ass niggas say they dumb themselves down just to get money this shit. Is helping breed the youth for the new world order. They are building more prisons because they have calculated. How many criminals should be menatly born. With in a certain time frame. Think about the messages. That are being sent to the kids and teenagers. Hiphop stands for bull shit. And its not for up liftment. These dfays hiphop is about individuality. It does not promote togetherness. People can take this lightly but mark my words illuminate is real and programing mentaly is there key

TheBoarzHeadBoy
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I think we need more mainstream white rappers who don't give a fuck about black culture or try to pretend they do. Like what we need is rap minus the blackness. That's where the stupid is coming from.

White people want black people to be ignorant. Thus if we take the black people out of hip hop, we might be able to save hip hop so that black people can get their shit together and then come back and have a late 80s-mid 90s style revival.

We need more music that isn't about the ghetto cultures, because "ghetto" is bad stuff.

I want good messages, not every song being "I fuck video bitches. I get money from Jewish Media. I get krunk off girly drinks. Get Money. Throw some stacks on these hoes but its fake money. Shake that ass, shake that ass bitch, i see your thong, we out here grinding, If you want to fuck with me I'll clap you but I don't own a gun, I'm affiliated with gangs in my songs who disrespect me in real life, I feel the need to stick in sound effects from a Auto tuner. I'm thug cause my skin is dark.

Honestly, there is no honor in violence brought on through anger. There is no pride to be gained from making more money then other musicians. There is no justifiable reason to try to seriously boost your ego half as much as the most humble mainstream rapper.

Honestly, if the beats weren't good and I didn't like hearing a good wordplay once and again, I wouldn't like Hip Hop. I'm morally opposed to most of what it is these days. Its too commercial, too fake, and even if the rapper is legit about what he's saying he's a fucking piece of shit.

The only good rappers are those who rap about stuff as a form of a conventional song. Like there are some rappers that are very experimental and use totally bizzarre topics for their lyrics. That's good. I like to hear it. That's what I like about Wu. They're talking about the same shit, but they were some of the originals, and on top of that half the stuff is kung fu samples and movie references.

YungSunny
06-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I rather hear ghetto shit than trailor trash throw-your-wife-in-a-ocean music naw mean? :i

killafifth
06-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Hiphop has taken a loss mentaly. And then niggas say people be haten when hood niggas are the biggest haters ever. The hater derived from us so there. For you see. Embeded in us we don't love our self and our people have low self esteem one of the. Ways to tell. Is to just look at the way we live our envirement shows that we done love our selves

netscape check two
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I rather hear ghetto shit than trailor trash throw-your-wife-in-a-ocean music naw mean? :i

^^
http://www.slrc-csa.org/site/images/photos/hk-and-flag-marching.jpg

killafifth
06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
There is sickness being spread .

NIKLZ
06-02-2009, 12:20 AM

drippie k
06-02-2009, 01:09 AM
i think hip-hop was meant to be
1) a voice for the lower-class community, whether it be black, white, hispanic or whatever
2) a way to get these lower-class people's minds away from being stuck in lower-class and having a good time

some people take hip-hop too seriously and only wanna listen to tracks with serious deep meaning or some dude spilling out metaphors and similies...all that's cool, don't get me wrong i love listenin to dudes with sick rhymes but i also like having a good time to party tracks when i'm out getting faded...not saying i'll go n buy flo rida's album, fuck no, but that song right round gets girls booties shaking and thats wussup

NIKLZ
06-02-2009, 12:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KphyVoF7q9U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KphyVoF7q9U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

drippie k
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
vwC7XXIP-zk
this version is better

NIKLZ
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM

thatKid
06-02-2009, 07:38 PM
this is why I'm stuck in the 1990's for rap

killafifth
06-02-2009, 10:29 PM
All I'm saying is that people always try to justify. Niggas being ignorent cause they are ignorent as the motherfucksa they listen to the shit that I see rom niggas writtings not all but some of you are saying that its cool for your daughters to drop it like its hot. And listen to shit that degrades them as females and teaches the lil niggas how to pimp them and smack them up. But as klong as it makes a bitches booty shake your cool with that. Its like your saying music is only fun when its ignorent. Like you can't party to mos def. Niggas had been partying to music log before it became this fucken savage do your history

YungSunny
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Lol you can party to mos def...if you're a dumbass.

killafifth
06-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Hhahahah you can party to something than ignorent ass south shit hahahaha that's all I'm saying hell the wu had some party shit hahaha

killafifth
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Don't get me wrong. I used to rock lil jhon cause it was different. But when there were. Like 1200 lil jhons I backed off

drippie k
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
All I'm saying is that people always try to justify. Niggas being ignorent cause they are ignorent as the motherfucksa they listen to the shit that I see rom niggas writtings not all but some of you are saying that its cool for your daughters to drop it like its hot. And listen to shit that degrades them as females and teaches the lil niggas how to pimp them and smack them up. But as klong as it makes a bitches booty shake your cool with that. Its like your saying music is only fun when its ignorent. Like you can't party to mos def. Niggas had been partying to music log before it became this fucken savage do your history
who said they show their daughters this kind of music?? and you gotta be a grade-a retard to smack a girl cuz some song said it.

you think wu doesn't talk about women in a demeaning manner? have you even listened to "ice cream"?? ....."watch these rap niggas get all up in yo guts" go ahead and show YOUR daughter that..or "cherchez laghost"

lol @ partying to mos def, who has a song called "ms. fat booty"....i think you're ignorant cuz you categorize southern rap as ignorant party music that only ignorant people listen to...not everyone has to listen to "conscious" music

Uncle Steezo
06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Yall are ignant for thinking life imitates art and not vice versa

It tells me a lot about you

Hip hop music is a mirror

But to those who just consume hip hop and don't live hip hop, they are the mirror

killafifth
06-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Hahahahahahaa. Yo listen man I didn't say that they didn't. And. When yo label music conciouse and say that that's not what you wanna hear then that's saying you like to be unconciouse. As far as I'm concerned there are things that kids are not suppose to hear but unfortunetly when your 85 percent you don't think that what is being displayed on bet or the radio is wrong hence me saying teaching the youth sexual content and the violence that comes behind that. I never said that some of the shit that the wu talks about isn't negative but to be honest atleast they give lessons and drop jewelz. Life isn't a party and you have to have a balance I just want balance. There is none right now I'm not here to beef. Cause that gets us no where I'm here to try and make a statement that. That will help spark cellz to push for a standard you have grown adult music and you have shit for the kids. What I am saying is that the kids are in a situation where they are growing up to fast and the powers that be know what the fuck they are doing to the youth but unfortunetly. The adults tht see this behavior as a phase or that's just what this geneation is into then there wrong. Because they are the future. And if you feed them bullshit menatly then the hood will always exist the last time I checked since I live in the hood and been born and raised in the hood there is nothing glamorus about it. As a matter of fact. Correct if I'm wrong but the music is suppose to help you escape it menyaly as well as finacialy. Lol. Maken a negative something glamorus is sicknen

killafifth
06-03-2009, 05:20 PM
As far as life and art are concerd art yes imitates but for finacial gain life is tryen to imitate art wich once again kills the art form and becomes commercial. Everyone isn't meant to rhyme but that's not the case does the word classic mean anything to you. Let's be real. Hahahhah. A lot of people are just using this art form to get money so the love respect and standard. Getz erased

killafifth
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM
as far as life imitating art is concerned lif is imtating art for finacial gain art imitates life to show a passion and repect for life right now you just haqve people. Imitaiting art to get doe hiphop is an art form correct. So you hav e people imitating it to get paid they openly admit I'm not a rapper or mc I'm aq gangster or husler lol so your comment is. Seen as a good attempt to communicate but know your facts

Uncle Steezo
06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Now that you said ALL that....
What does the south have to do with it?

There are southern cats that fit your criteria of a real artists
But its the ignorant cats that get promoted
Exept dungeon fam

You got a shitload of ignorant NYcats

Everything you complain about is the fault of the industry

netscape check two
06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
The south brings down the rest of the US, not just in music, but in general.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
the hip hop genre is not special.

this has happened to every other successful form of modern music...more precisely 20th century music and its movements that have been recorded.

There are Jazz people that are having this same debate.

There are Rock people doing it too.

Its how it works.....if something can make money, than that something will be imitated so much to the point that it will no longer be innovative and the somethign will have to evolve to satisfy the customer.

If that something doesnt evolve, naysayers will call it stale.

If it does, naysayers will say it sold out.

But thru it all, you still have good artists.

Its like Barry Gordy's formula for fame and success with MoTown. He had a set formula, and he did not want his artists to deviate from it.

Thats all it comes down to,a nd thats basically what goes on when you have this sort of POP phenomenon.
People find a formula that works and crank it out until it doesn't work.

There is too much money to be had for this not to happen.

Stop being infantile....there is no utopia. Deal with imperfection or be frustrated forever. What you may think is 'pure hip hop', and older head might think is garbage.

Uncle Steezo
06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Well put professor.
Close thread

Lol @ the ignorant kid trying to get attention from God
God is not regional
God is not international

God is universal

This whole non-iggy group must be like calling a bald man curly or a fat guy tiny, cause Check two is dumber than dane pretends to be .

killafifth
06-04-2009, 11:58 AM
This thread was enjoyable thanks to all who paticipated !!!!!!!!

netscape check two
06-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Well put professor.
Close thread

Lol @ the ignorant kid trying to get attention from God
God is not regional
God is not international

God is universal

This whole non-iggy group must be like calling a bald man curly or a fat guy tiny, cause Check two is dumber than dane pretends to be .

God of femininity,
Learn what droll humor is, or go by yourself a box jellyfish to keep as a pet.

killafifth
06-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Hahahahahaha

Uncle Steezo
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Droll is not hip hop

I bet you tivo Frasier

5hundred&one
06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't really give a shit what any of you are sayin, just quit blamin everything on the south.

The average person who consumes rap music is an ignorant dumbass, regardless of where they're from, as are people in general.
Anyone who still believes that the south is largely inferior to the north is someone who obviously has not spent any real time here.

I was born and raised in Chicago and I love the city, but have also seen the value of the south from the inside and can list countless qualities of the south that the north doesn't share and vice versa. Stop insulting what you don't understand, basically.

As far as rap goes, there was only good rap coming out of the south in the 90's, just the same as new york or anywhere else, so you can't blame the location. People nowadays like their shit simple and dumbed-down and that speaks for every region of the country.

Also, there's more good rap music that's come out of the south in the past ten years than any other region, regardless of all the bad shit.

Feel free to try and prove me wrong.

netscape check two
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
^^ Yeah, I agree . Get er done:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3336896314_bf9d06609d.jpg

ChristO
06-04-2009, 11:23 PM
ay, the fifth being pushed to the sixth, 'cause pheonix risen.

Compulsion
06-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't really give a shit what any of you are sayin, just quit blamin everything on the south.

The average person who consumes rap music is an ignorant dumbass, regardless of where they're from, as are people in general.
Anyone who still believes that the south is largely inferior to the north is someone who obviously has not spent any real time here.

I was born and raised in Chicago and I love the city, but have also seen the value of the south from the inside and can list countless qualities of the south that the north doesn't share and vice versa. Stop insulting what you don't understand, basically.

As far as rap goes, there was only good rap coming out of the south in the 90's, just the same as new york or anywhere else, so you can't blame the location. People nowadays like their shit simple and dumbed-down and that speaks for every region of the country.

Also, there's more good rap music that's come out of the south in the past ten years than any other region, regardless of all the bad shit.

The south can be a lot of fun there is no doubt. I have no interest in moving from the West Coast, but I won't hate on the South I have hella fun everytime I go down to the Southern States.

netscape check two
06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
And the U.S.'s least safe city? That distinction goes to Memphis, Tennessee, with a crime rate of 18% per capita, followed by Atlanta (16%).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20090605/cm_rcp/america039s_safest_cities

SG
06-05-2009, 04:24 PM

List the countless qualities, I want to know.....

Uncle Steezo
06-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Once again check two ruins the thread with irrelevent ignorant commentary

We are discussing hip hop music and he quotes crime rate stats

PALEHORSE
06-05-2009, 04:57 PM
And the U.S.'s least safe city? That distinction goes to Memphis, Tennessee, with a crime rate of 18% per capita, followed by Atlanta (16%).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20090605/cm_rcp/america039s_safest_cities

most those cities are in cali. i wonder where the burgh fits into that equation.

netscape check two
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Once again check two ruins the thread with irrelevent ignorant commentary

We are discussing hip hop music and he quotes crime rate stats

^^ Is upset that Atlanta has a lot of violence, weirdos, and bad hair do's.

5hundred&one
06-05-2009, 11:36 PM
List the countless qualities, I want to know.....

Should have expected this...

It depends on how serious you are about wanting to know. If that was meant as a passing question and you're really curious, then I'll do my best to answer.

If it was meant as a 'list the qualities, I can't wait to see this stupid shit' then I'm not going to waste my time. Let's put it this way: you'll find it hard to see positives in something if all you've ever seen up to this point is the negative. If you have a chip on your shoulder against the south, then I couldn't care less about trying to show you the qualities of living here.

SG
06-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Should have expected this...

It depends on how serious you are about wanting to know. If that was meant as a passing question and you're really curious, then I'll do my best to answer.

If it was meant as a 'list the qualities, I can't wait to see this stupid shit' then I'm not going to waste my time. Let's put it this way: you'll find it hard to see positives in something if all you've ever seen up to this point is the negative. If you have a chip on your shoulder against the south, then I couldn't care less about trying to show you the qualities of living here.

list the qualities

YungSunny
06-06-2009, 09:54 AM

It is mostly their fault though. :i
I live down hurr in da sawth 2 boi so dun hate.

5hundred&one
06-06-2009, 11:51 AM
^ no it's not though, that's my whole point.

the single biggest fuck over of modern rap music can be blamed almost entirely on the record industry, which doesn't belong to the north or the south or anywhere for that matter.

the radio brand of rap is based off of a sound that was good at one point, or if you can't agree with that, it was much better at the very least.. the record companies find this shit and sugar coat it for the masses and give people what they think we want, when in reality they'll never understand what that is.

your average rap consumer is a brain dead retard with shit taste in music trying to fit in with kids at school or some shit and it's all too easy for the record industry to give them watered down, generic music and still make profit, which is all that matters to them..

ultimately, even if the south popularized a style of music that you hate and you find them to be more responible somehow than the north for the decline in hip-hop, nobody has ruined it more then the record industry, they'll ruin anything if you let them get their hands in deep enough.

5hundred&one
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
list the qualities

alright, then.

this may be a little off-topic, but this is gen chat, so fuck it.

like I was sayin earlier, the big difference that I see is kind of hard to communicate to someone who doesn't already see it themself.. and perhaps 'list' wasn't the best way to put it, but I don't want to seem like I'm backing down, so maybe this will help you to understand what I mean...

a couple weeks back, I took my moms out to eat for Mother's day.. she likes the whole country livin thing, so I thought of this place just over the border in south carolina, about twenty miles south of where I live in NC. My town is a bit more sophisticated than the average town in SC and so are most places in NC, for that matter.. you could even look at them as sort of a miniature version of the north and south in general, they kind of share the same relationship.

in any case, I met this guy at the restaurant who couldn't have been more my opposite.. he looked about in his early sixties with a farmer hat, overalls and a big gray beard. he was the only other customer there, so he started talkin with me about random shit and I would eventually find out that he was a regular at this place and that he lived just a couple miles down the road on a farm with his family.

he had a guitar and a harmonica with him and he asked me if liked country, which is probably my least favorite style of music if I have one, but to be polite I basically told him it wasn't my favorite genre, but I'm always willing to give it a chance.. so for the rest of the night this guy, who was all but a complete stranger that I had just met not ten minutes earlier, played songs that he had written while we ate our food.. they were all simple songs about being proud of livin in the country and the usual shit, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed nearly every second of it.. more for the way this guy sang about the place he lived than the music itself.

There's a number of points you can draw from this.. the idea that a compete stranger would have a pleasant conversation with us and stick around after he finished his food, to play songs for my mom on Mother's day is really symbolic of people in the south.. they can be very judgemental, but most of the time they can make you feel welcome.. people you don't know walking along a side-walk will wave at you as you pass them.. to me it's just a way of life that you don't find anywhere else, and I've been all over this country and nowhere have I seen people who are so content with such a simple way of living..

most people would probably find it dull, but that was kind of my point from the beginning, if you prefer it that way, then you would never be happier living anywhere but the south.. so for people who were raised here, there really are countless qualities of the south that you won't find elsewhere, but they're sort of intangible, you feel me?

SG
06-07-2009, 03:42 AM
alright, then.

like I was sayin earlier, the big difference that I see is kind of hard to communicate to someone who doesn't already see it themself.. and perhaps 'list' wasn't the best way to put it, but I don't want to seem like I'm backing down, so maybe this will help you to understand what I mean...

a couple weeks back, I took my moms out to eat for Mother's day.. she likes the whole country livin thing, so I thought of this place just over the border in south carolina, about twenty miles south of where I live in NC. My town is a bit more sophisticated than the average town in SC and so are most places in NC, for that matter.. you could even look at them as sort of a miniature version of the north and south in general, they kind of share the same relationship.

in any case, I met this guy at the restaurant who couldn't have been more my opposite.. he looked about in his early sixties with a farmer hat, overalls and a big gray beard. he was the only other customer there, so he started talkin with me about random shit and I would eventually find out that he was a regular at this place and that he lived just a couple miles down the road on a farm with his family.

he had a guitar and a harmonica with him and he asked me if liked country, which is probably my least favorite style of music if I have one, but to be polite I basically told him it wasn't my favorite genre, but I'm always willing to give it a chance.. so for the rest of the night this guy, who was all but a complete stranger that I had just met not ten minutes earlier, played songs that he had written while we ate our food.. they were all simple songs about being proud of livin in the country and the usual shit, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed nearly every second of it.. more for the way this guy sang about the place he lived than the music itself.

There's a number of points you can draw from this.. the idea that a compete stranger would have a pleasant conversation with us and stick around after he finished his food, to play songs for my mom on Mother's day is really symbolic of people in the south.. they can be very judgemental, but most of the time they can make you feel welcome.. people you don't know walking along a side-walk will wave at you as you pass them.. to me it's just a way of life that you don't find anywhere else, and I've been all over this country and nowhere have I seen people who are so content with such a simple way of living..

most people would probably find it dull, but that was kind of my point from the beginning, if you prefer it that way, then you would never be happier living anywhere but the south.. so for people who were raised here, there really are countless qualities of the south that you won't find elsewhere, but they're sort of intangible, you feel me?

your post has been read

Compulsion
06-07-2009, 05:13 AM
A new hip hop scene is going to emerge from Seattle and all of its followers will wear flannel shirts and it will become suicidal music

Dunno how I missed this post the first time....

http://www.myspace.com/fulltimesoldiers

and you all thought the south was bad! Actually there are probably new cats trying, but when this group was active is the last time I subjected myself to local hip-hop. I think they had one song make the radio locally.

heiwa

Compulsion
06-07-2009, 05:21 AM
alright, then.

I've never been to SC, but I found the same thing in Texas. If you even act like you might be interested in saying hi the locals will stop and talk to you. It is a culture shock from Seattle where most people just want talk to those they know. (Look up the term Seattle freeze..people hate moving here. I love it, but it is because I'm from here) The only thing I would say is sometimes it come across as too much and maybe a little disingenuous, but you certainly felt welcome. Outside of the grocery store that thought my Washington ID was fake and refused to sell me beer. Going as far to ask for my Texas ID. (I'm the only one I saw in the state wearing a fucking Seahawks hat I'm pretty sure it was obvious I wasn't from there). Still good times and I'd go back on vacation.