PDA

View Full Version : What countries have failed at updating their SLANG?

EAGLE EYE
05-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Im gonna have to say UK and also the Commonwealth of Australia.

Why have they failed?

They still use slang like: bloody, cunt, mum, lad, and heavy.

The USA is constantly updating, upgrading and inventing new Slang. We are like the "Olive Garden never ending pasta bowl of Slang"

EAGLE EYE
05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
this one always seemed to bother me as well...

"Bollocks" is a word of Anglo-Saxon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English) origin, meaning "testicles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicles)". The word is often used figuratively in British English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_English), as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless". Similarly, the common phrases "Bollocks to this!" or "That's a load of old bollocks" generally indicate contempt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt) for a certain task, subject or opinion. Conversely, the word also figures in idiomatic phrases such as "the dog's bollocks" and "top bollock(s)", which usually refer to something which is admired, approved of or well-respected.

drippie k
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
i think spanish speaking countries have used the same slang for years..but they still sound cool...british slang is ugly and just sounds weird...calling their friends "mates" and cigarettes "fags" hahaha

EAGLE EYE
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
looks like Cappa has some missionary work cut out for him around the world

rae too

BLACK BART SIMPSON
05-31-2009, 09:39 PM
flow so wavy ya flow is so fuckery...every place in usa has diff and new slang

J-Cee
06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
if you don't live here dont make assumptions..

EAGLE EYE
06-01-2009, 12:58 AM
if you don't live here dont make assumptions..

these aren't assumptions, they are observations. don't get offended over the reality of things.

don't worry progress can be made.

Huggasaurus Sex
06-01-2009, 08:04 AM
america is pretty unique in how quickly we develop and spread new slang. it's almost like a generational rite of passage here.

part of it is in the language itself. english has a long history of adapting words from various european sources and so new words are accepted more readily then they are in more homogenous languages -- mandarin for example.

and there are almost 4 times as many people living in the US than the UK and australia combined. so when you consider that and also factor in america's broad ethnic and regional diversity then it's not so surprising that america dominates the slang olympics.

SKAMPOE
06-01-2009, 08:08 AM
america is pretty unique in how quickly we develop and spread new slang. it's almost like a generational rite of passage here.

part of it is in the language itself. english has a long history of adapting words from various european sources and so new words are accepted more readily then they are in more homogenous languages -- mandarin for example.

and there are almost 4 times as many people living in the US than the UK and australia combined. so when you consider that and also factor in america's broad ethnic and regional diversity then it's not so surprising that america dominates the slang olympics.
indeed, but nuyoricans are kings of slang!

NIGHT MAYOR
06-01-2009, 08:24 AM

Why have they failed?

The USA is constantly updating, upgrading and inventing new Slang. We are like the "Olive Garden never ending pasta bowl of Slang"

talking like you actualy talk to australian people, how is 'mum' slang ?? }:T

here is a modern one
pineapple: an australian currency note of $50 - beacuse of its yellowish appearance.

watchin steve erwin re-runs is not a valid way to stay updated with australian slang.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 08:47 AM

Why have they failed?

my nigga you have no fucking idea. your not talking about the ghetto youf of england i see?

Cus if you were you would KNOW ghetto youth slang here is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay fuckign advanced to your dr seuss shit

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 08:50 AM
basically all our slang comes from jamacan/west indian slang, because thats where 80% of blacks in england cities originate from

so >>>>

DJMethods
06-01-2009, 09:02 AM
mum is slang hahahaha!

SHRAP
06-01-2009, 09:08 AM
whenever i say something, anything, people start to copy me and within a few months everybody is saying the same shit as me

DUMBO
06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Jamaicans - in Jamaica - update their slang every 6 months on schedule. Jamaicans abroad still say Don Dada on occassion.

SKAMPOE
06-01-2009, 09:47 AM
rassclot

SKAMPOE
06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
watchin steve erwin re-runs is not a valid way to stay updated with australian slang.
lmao

EAGLE EYE
06-01-2009, 11:37 AM
notice the slang inferiors are getting all flustered.

its too bad im not deeply connected with the ghetto yoof of england. Im sure they have a lot to offer the world.

I bet they have lice.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
we have more lice than you faggot. i bet your ghettos dont even have lice, faggots. We call them lice krispies.

SHRAP
06-01-2009, 11:54 AM
we have more lice than you faggot. i bet your ghettos dont even have lice, faggots. We call them lice krispies.

mate that shit is heavy

http://johnjohnsaidit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/heavy-d.jpg

EAGLE EYE
06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
hahahahaha "lice krispies"

+10 slang points for England

drippie k
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
no matter what kinds of slang you brits have, your accent totally ruins it

its a proven scientific fact that the american accent makes english words sound way cooler

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
^i gree. I dont, but alot of english peple do have horrible accents.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
We frenchs update our slang very often, anyway we found the best way to get words that never get old, we just reverse regular words.
About the English slang, it is a scientifically proven fact that Alan Ford is the only man able to give english slang its true power.
Don't believe me?
tAGlUUAmjxk&feature=related

Senator C. Palantine
06-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I dont

Aren't you from Birmingham, mate?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
^
I'm from a place where fish was made
Cordoroy Baley's, sportin' those Rakim caves

drippie k
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
where are all the cool british accents from?
and the lame ones??
just curious

i've known a few people from gibralter, they have typical accents..like you can tell theyre british but its not a thick accent either...i did like the way they pronounce "strawberries" though

EAGLE EYE
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
the only people that made the accents cool were in the movie 'Rise of the Foot soldier'

that was an exemption

Drunken Monk
06-01-2009, 06:24 PM
jamaicans - in jamaica - update their slang every 6 months on schedule. Jamaicans abroad still say don dada on occassion.

lool
co-sign

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Micheal Carrington.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 06:53 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/429702101_3933e56952.jpg?v=0

^Cool Rider.

Americans are just mad at our accent because it makes it soooooo easy to get a bitch in america when you rap with a british accent.

So easy.

J.o.s.e.

bIupG1TNm-k

So EASY my niggas, so easy.