PDA

View Full Version : Fasting.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Do you ever fast?

Sometimes you need to detox. Just not take anything in but water, let your body cleanse. I cant describe exactly why it feels right to do. I dont know much about this shit, but I know its a long historic practise.

Its 5pm now, i havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. This is only because i have no food in the house and ive been too lazy to go buy some, but at the same time i half decided to fast for 24 hours. Im about to go buy some milk and bread and eat some cornflakes. I think 24-48 hourse is enough.

Maybe do it once a month.

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Do you ever fast?

Sometimes you need to detox. Just not take anything in but water, let your body cleanse. I cant describe exactly why it feels right to do. I dont know much about this shit, but I know its a long historic practise.

Its 5pm now, i havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. This is only because i have no food in the house and ive been too lazy to go buy some, but at the same time i half decided to fast for 24 hours. Im about to go buy some milk and bread and eat some cornflakes. I think 24-48 hourse is enough.

very very underestimated

Elijah Muhammad said something to this effect

95% of our health problems are due to our diets

1 I repeat, the main thing in "How To Eat To Live" is to eat only once a day or once every other day. This will take care of everything. You cannot go all over the earth trying to eat everything that people say is good to eat. But give what you do eat time to get out of the way for the next meal and the effect that it probably will cause. Brothers and sisters, let your stomachs rest.

Stop trying to eat three meals a day and all in between. That is enough to kill chickens and hogs.

2 Anyone who eats all the time has a very short life. Our greatest trouble, when it comes to sickness, is due to staying at the table, eating too much and too often. You have no regularity about your eating at all.

I'm currently eating 3 times a week

tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays,

the goal is to get to the point of eating once a month

i won't tell yall the results cause yall will get frightened

but we don't need as much as we think we need

the less food you take in, the less water you need, the less sleep you need - you'll get much more done in much more time much more effectively

its said that Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights
Moses, 120 days

this gets you in tune with your planet and the supreme mind connection

PALEFORCE
06-01-2009, 10:56 AM
i do a ten-30 day fast once in while maybe once a year. 10oz of water 2tblsp of lemon juice a maple syrup and add some cayenne pepper. use organic fresh ingredients. its taste like lemonade and i feel better more energy no hunger pangs or anything

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 11:05 AM
i do a ten-30 day fast once in while maybe once a year. 10oz of water 2tblsp of lemon juice a maple syrup and add some cayenne pepper. use organic fresh ingredients. its taste like lemonade and i feel better more energy no hunger pangs or anything

i'm starting to believe that our hunger pangs are increased with the intake of sugar - allot of it is us coming down off of a sugar/syrup fix

its said that sugar is like heroin

i find that bananas work to curb that sugar addiction
there's a thread here on bananas

many of us don't know that we have a serious sugar addiction

replace the maple syrup with some Agave Nectar

http://www.madhavahoney.com/images/agave_group.jpg

or take some raisins and blend them with a little water and use that as a sweetner

Kingkazim
06-01-2009, 11:15 AM
very true about the sugar addiction thing.
When i havent eaten anything that contains high amounts of sugar i get a headache and feel like a crack baby wanting sugar.
Food is very connected to the soul i guess, which is why Islam practices this once a year

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 11:18 AM
very true about the sugar addiction thing.
When i havent eaten anything that contains high amounts of sugar i get a headache and feel like a crack baby wanting sugar.

that white refined sugar is poison

Food is very connected to the soul i guess, which is why Islam practices this once a year

Our Muslim family who consider themselves sunni or shiite do the Ramadan once a year but its a daily thing for the elite

Kingkazim
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
whos the elite?

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
whos the elite?

those who qualified themselves

those who put down the traditional idea of what Islam is

and embraced true Islam

Kingkazim
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
those who qualified themselves

those who put down the traditional idea of what Islam is

and embraced true Islam

And what is True Islam?

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
And what is True Islam?

Mathematics

Kingkazim
06-01-2009, 11:50 AM
How is Islam linked to mathematics?

ALCATRAZ
06-01-2009, 01:42 PM
i'd like to fast but it's hard, i'll get a stomach ache ... does water suffice in that situation? cause i think only food will make a stomach ache go away

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
How is Islam linked to mathematics?

mathematics......solves problems

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
i'd like to fast but it's hard, i'll get a stomach ache ... does water suffice in that situation? cause i think only food will make a stomach ache go away

start off slow

if you eat 3 times a day, cut that down to 2 times a day and stay on that for a while until you get used to taking in less food

RALPH WIGGUM
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Our Muslim family who consider themselves sunni or shiite do the Ramadan once a year but its a daily thing for the elite

Are you saying that those who do the Ramadan are not true Muslims? Because Ramadan is one of the 5 pillars, and I know a lot of muslims who wouldn't consider a muslim anyone eating while the Ramadan.
EDIT: Do you mean that the Muslims of the NOI are more "advanced" than the Sunnites or Shiites?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
just skip breakfast and take it from there. its hard for a weed smoker because your always hungry, but munchies can be overcome actually quite easily if you just wait it out. As for stomach pains, you just have to sit thru them and wait them out too.

I find after no food my brain goes into a pleasant "high". But my mood might be irratible. I guess you can improve that with experiance.

PALEFORCE
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
never skip breakfast if any thing eat a LARGE breakfast and skip the other meals, this resets your metabolism and hypothalmus gland regularly.

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Are you saying that those who do the Ramadan are not true Muslims?

nah -

this is what i wrote

Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1588151#post1588151)

Our Muslim family who.......

Because Ramadan is one of the 5 pillars, and I know a lot of muslims who wouldn't consider a muslim anyone eating while the Ramadan.

EDIT: Do you mean that the Muslims of the NOI are more "advanced" than the Sunnites or Shiites?

no - i'm saying that the NOI were chosen to accomplish a great work for Allah - and that mission is misunderstood mostly by those trapped in ancient tradition they feel will make them more righteous and bring them closer to Allah - but they haven't shown nor proven anything - the proof is in the puddin -

over all more advanced though ?

maybe - but who will measure that

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 06:44 PM
never skip breakfast if any thing eat a LARGE breakfast and skip the other meals, this resets your metabolism and hypothalmus gland regularly.

i would say that you should not start the day with food in your stomach and have that working and thinking for you throughout the day - blood rushes to the stomach in order for it to work - when not eating, blood rushes to the head and gives power to it -

a large break fast in the morning will slow you down

the best times to eat are from 3pm to 6pm

PALEFORCE
06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
i would say that you should not start the day with food in your stomach and have that working and thinking for you throughout the day - blood rushes to the stomach in order for it to work - when not eating, blood rushes to the head and gives power to it -

a large break fast in the morning will slow you down

the best times to eat are from 3pm to 6pm

ok sunny lets compare notes

i agree with the sugar maple syrup statement. but there is a large difference betwwen pure maple syrup and aunt jemima syrup and those counterparts. bananas arent that great either. they slow metabolism first off and have other pyschological effects. i trust bananas as much as i trust soy. yes blood to the brain is good. thats why weed is good. thats why you get bloodshot eyes because weed makes blood rush to your head. i dont agree with fasting constantly like you do. if anything people today need to eat more because the food is nutrient deficient and modified and the processing of foods i.e pastuerization and homogenized etc etc so no matter what your diet it should be supplemented WITH A WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT. many disease are attributed to nutrient defficiency. but fasting is good occasionally to cleanse the body. there are more beneficial ways to do this also. i.e eating coconuts, drinking raw organic apple vinegar, chelation, probiotics, and basically avoid eating anything that is man made including putting these things on your skin like lotions sun tanning etc...i heard this guy in gen chat saying the sun is bad for white ppl lol the sun cures disease and helps the body assimilate vitamins. you are a light being. it makes sense. so anyway im ranting but eating a large breakfast will make you healthier because it resets yuor metabolism daily. wake up drink a glass of pure water eat a large breakfast with fruits.meat(no pork) veggies and u will lose wieght and have more fuel for the day. and i agree with stopping to eat at 6pm. but this is ideal for someone that goes to sleep at 10pm and wakes at 6am. another great thing to do occasionally is to eat a large steak b4 u sleep or any other pure high protien food(chicken breast or such). this will actually help you lose wieght while you sleep and increase your metabolism and boost brain function. i could go on but i typed too much.,

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
ok sunny lets compare notes

i agree with the sugar maple syrup statement. but there is a large difference betwwen pure maple syrup and aunt jemima syrup and those counterparts.

yes - all syrup is not the same

bananas arent that great either. they slow metabolism first off and have other pyschological effects.

i never heard that before -

psychological effects ?

good ones or bad ones ?

i trust bananas as much as i trust soy. yes blood to the brain is good. thats why weed is good. thats why you get bloodshot eyes because weed makes blood rush to your head.

never heard that weed makes the blood rush to your head

i dont agree with fasting constantly like you do. if anything people today need to eat more because the food is nutrient deficient and modified and the processing of foods i.e pastuerization and homogenized etc etc so no matter what your diet it should be supplemented WITH A WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT.

the same people who made the food nutrient deficient, made those same whole food supplements

the masses just don't know what to eat and how much of it to eat it - eating more and large plates of nutrient deficient foods will not make you healthier

many disease are attributed to nutrient defficiency. but fasting is good occasionally to cleanse the body. there are more beneficial ways to do this also. i.e eating coconuts, drinking raw organic apple vinegar, chelation, probiotics, and basically avoid eating anything that is man made including putting these things on your skin like lotions sun tanning etc...

why is the soap, deodorant, and toothpaste poison ?
who would do such a thing ?

i heard this guy in gen chat saying the sun is bad for white ppl lol the sun cures disease and helps the body assimilate vitamins. you are a light being. it makes sense. so anyway im ranting but eating a large breakfast will make you healthier because it resets yuor metabolism daily. wake up drink a glass of pure water eat a large breakfast with fruits.meat(no pork) veggies and u will lose wieght and have more fuel for the day. and i agree with stopping to eat at 6pm. but this is ideal for someone that goes to sleep at 10pm and wakes at 6am. another great thing to do occasionally is to eat a large steak b4 u sleep or any other pure high protien food(chicken breast or such). this will actually help you lose wieght while you sleep and increase your metabolism and boost brain function. i could go on but i typed too much.,

i hear you man - but i'm not gonna stuff myself early in the morning, then go out in the field -

PALEFORCE
06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
ok i dont know how to break down qoutes but here i go

starting at weed to the head read the emporer wears no clothes great book on the benefits of marijuana

and no the same people making the supplements are not always the same people fucking up the food. half the time its people trying to fight against the blasphemers.

heres some i recommend
www.therawfoodworld.com
www.pureplanet.com
www.algae-world.com
www.synergy.com

the same people poisoning the food run the pharmecuetcal companies,oil companies, etc, u know sunny. half that shit is petroleum by products .whatever. its all poison, all the commercial shit.

LORD NOSE
06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
ok i dont know how to break down qoutes but here i go

starting at weed to the head read the emporer wears no clothes great book on the benefits of marijuana

and no the same people making the supplements are not always the same people fucking up the food. half the time its people trying to fight against the blasphemers.

heres some i recommend
www.therawfoodworld.com (http://www.therawfoodworld.com)
www.pureplanet.com (http://www.pureplanet.com)
www.algae-world.com (http://www.algae-world.com)
www.synergy.com (http://www.synergy.com)

the same people poisoning the food run the pharmecuetcal companies,oil companies, etc, u know sunny. half that shit is petroleum by products whatever its all poison all the commercial shit.

true, true
witness the results that the book "How To Eat To Live" brings

perfect the path -

Peace

Longbongcilvaringz
06-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Funny thread.

Eating regularly in small amounts over the day is better for your metabolism.

You guys are nuts.

You're just shutting down your bodies, it will have result in organ damage probably.

Whatever though.

Palehorse is on the money with a lot of what he said, Sunny is a maniac as usual.

LORD NOSE
06-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Funny thread.

Eating regularly in small amounts over the day is better for your metabolism.

You guys are nuts.

You're just shutting down your bodies, it will have result in organ damage probably.

Whatever though.

Palehorse is on the money with a lot of what he said, Sunny is a maniac as usual.

i'm going based off of the results i personally get and the results i see in countless others - not what these paid so called fitness trainers are telling their customers - the results in 70,60,50 year olds who have years of experience in it - i'd rather go with what gets the good results and what has been proven to work for over 70 years,former cancer and hiv patients whose blood is totally clean of the disease - people who have totally change their past savage behavior due to the discipline it takes to accomplish such - pat.......where are your credentials ?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Palehorse i dont agree with the breakfast "kickstarting your days metabolism" b.s. Thats just propaganda. I often feel alot more refreshed and awake when I dont eat breakfast.

SL33
06-02-2009, 06:23 AM
my people does fasting on several ocasions throughout the year. 2 large fasts before Christmas and Easter included (40 days, i think). but i fast only twice a year. i study a lot, and practice basketball, therefore i need that energy.

nice thread ghostlaced, props.

Compulsion
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
If I don't eat for 24 hours when I wake up the next day i will throw up nothing but stomach acid.....That doesn't seem to helpful for me personally.

SL33
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
If I don't eat for 24 hours when I wake up the next day i will throw up nothing but stomach acid.....That doesn't seem to helpful for me personally.

that's not a fast.

Compulsion
06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
that's not a fast.

I never said it was.

PALEFORCE
06-02-2009, 06:37 PM
yea but depending on what you eat can make you sluggish too. the commercial fo0od manufacturers are intentionally putting additives in the food supply to make you lethargic, stupid, fat, and sick.

and the purpose of ramadan is to mourn the prophets grandson

Prolifical ENG
06-02-2009, 06:45 PM

Your stomach is used to consistantly creating large amounts of acid and it suddenly wasn't needed. I don't know if thats true or not, just a guess.

PALEFORCE
06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
raw organic apple cider vinegar shots 2-3 times daily will help fix that

Compulsion
06-02-2009, 06:55 PM
raw organic apple cider vinegar shots 2-3 times daily will help fix that

I tried that for several months. It seemed to work ok for the first month, but after that it seemed to make me feel worse. It probably has as much to do with my diet as anything else though. I have been considering trying it again. Any other suggestions? Prolifical ENG you are correct. I would assume it would take more than about a week of not eating much to re-adjust the acid levels.

PALEFORCE
06-02-2009, 07:00 PM
id have to talk with you more to find out what u are doing but a good rule of thumb for diets is if man made it dont eat it. u could stop taking prescription drugss and detox. taking probiotics and digestive enzymes with the vinegar would help. heres a site.

www.herbsmd.com

food for thought
06-02-2009, 07:11 PM
thanks for posting this thread

good discussion

food for thought
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
very very underestimated

the less food you take in, the less water you need, the less sleep you need - you'll get much more done in much more time much more effectively

Moses, 120 days

can u talk about the effect this has had on your mind/body ?

also,

is it possible to maintain a healthy body weight while practising this?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

remember ram bomjam? he has been in meditation in the jungle in nepal since 2005, not eating or drinking.

He used to be under the tree, they filmed him continuesly for 96 hours and he didnt move of eat or drink once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bahadur_Bomjon

PALEFORCE
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
they say gautama(the buddah) ate half a grain of rice a day. einstien said in theory if we could use 100% of our brains we wouldnt need to eat or sleep

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Ram has not eaten or drank in the last 3 years. I think he has been eating some herbs in the jungle. He went into the jungle after the crowds got too big at his original spot. He said he will return after his meditation around 2012.

LORD NOSE
06-02-2009, 08:00 PM
can u talk about the effect this has had on your mind/body ?

some of it - clearer skin, clearer vision, and hearing, increased strength, clairvoyance etc....

also,

is it possible to maintain a healthy body weight while practising this?

yes - once your body gets used to intaking small amounts,your weight will be balanced

diggy
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I tried that for several months. It seemed to work ok for the first month, but after that it seemed to make me feel worse. It probably has as much to do with my diet as anything else though. I have been considering trying it again. Any other suggestions? Prolifical ENG you are correct. I would assume it would take more than about a week of not eating much to re-adjust the acid levels.

What are you eating and drinking throughout the day?

Mumm Ra
06-02-2009, 09:33 PM
never tried fasting but it definitely sounds like a good thing -
I think I'd have to take time off work to do it though, if I wake up and go all morning and evening without eating I get the shakes and feel extremely weak like I don't even wanna walk around.

PALEFORCE
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
if u do it right u will have increased energy and sense of well being

LORD NOSE
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
never tried fasting but it definitely sounds like a good thing -
I think I'd have to take time off work to do it though, if I wake up and go all morning and evening without eating I get the shakes and feel extremely weak like I don't even wanna walk around.

i like to fast while working on a project that takes time to complete and has to be completed - a task - used to fast while working in a restaurant back in the days - used to do 7 days - each day, the food smelled better and better

oh - and also - the food you cook comes out tasting better - not just to you - but to everyone you feed

Cee Oh Vee
06-03-2009, 07:07 AM

No it is not.

You are mistaken.

Compulsion
06-03-2009, 07:31 AM
What are you eating and drinking throughout the day?

I drink Water and Green Tea.....I've cut soda out almost entirely (maybe have one once a month? if that)...Eating is more the issue probably....I have very inconsistant sleep patterns which seem to play into inconsistant eating patterns.........I generally eat things like oatmeal, bananas, rice, steak, hamburger. I go some days when I only eat oatmeal, and maybe one bowl of it. It seems like if I don't get some sort of food within the first hour I wake up I feel too sick to my stomach to eat the rest of the day.

begongo
06-03-2009, 07:40 AM
very very underestimated

Moses, 120 days

was elijah muhammad a doctor? how did he come up with the "diagnose"?

Cee Oh Vee
07-20-2009, 06:31 AM
I am fasting today.

Just thought I'd share that. It is a long one today. Dusk till dawn as usual... but dawn is at 21:20.

Well it's 12:35 now. Only a few hours left.

:looking:

LORD NOSE
07-20-2009, 08:57 AM
not eating for a full 24 hours is a fast

Cee Oh Vee
07-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh, I see. OK.

zooruka
07-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Palehorse i dont agree with the breakfast "kickstarting your days metabolism" b.s. Thats just propaganda. I often feel alot more refreshed and awake when I dont eat breakfast.

cosign

I only eat one meal a day (which is dinner) and have been doing that for 4-5 years now... I have only had one cold in that time and have no immedite health problems....

I think fasting has made me more alert and more focused on my spirituality and my religion.

like someone said your body doesnt need as much food as you think or have been propaganded to us.

i dont believe that to be true.... any sacrifice of going without food is a fast.

peace be with you !

Uncle Steezo
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
for those that want to try fasting. start in steps.

start by cutting out junkfood-
its an easy step to take. just stop eating bullshit for a whole week and see how you feel. no fast food no candy no soda no artificial food. drink plenty of water.

exercise. drink plenty of water.

now after a couple of weeks your body should be able to handle a fast.

skip eating for a whole day. be active but don't go overboard. just stay busy, even if thats reading a book. drink plenty of water.

LORD NOSE
07-20-2009, 10:36 PM
i dont believe that to be true.... any sacrifice of going without food is a fast.

i'm not dealing with a belief

zooruka
07-21-2009, 12:03 AM

i'm not dealing with a belief

show me proof where it says that 24hrs without food is a proper fast and dont give me anything from the koran i want biblical proof.

peace be with you !

zooruka
07-21-2009, 12:14 AM

im not muslim and i know thats not true...

the festival to mourn muhummads grandson is in shia islam only and its called ashura.

who cares though because all islam whether shia or sunni comes from the devil.

peace be with you !

Uncle Steezo
07-21-2009, 12:21 AM
clean up on aisle 3

knewcheeze
07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Do you ever fast?

did a 7 day juice fast and on the night going into the 8th day dreamt about Tupac and woke up and saw a ghost...for all you drug users out there fasting is way better than any drug

thats all peace ghostlaced but breaking a fast with milk???!!?? break and cornflakes...doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose as far as cleansing??...the most advantageous time to fast is when the body is full of all types of exotic(for this day and time) nutrients from a exotic vegan organic diet...and the most advantageous way to end a fast is with something electric....

but eye been there....back in the younger days eye once broke a 4 day fast with mcdonalds....chicken sandwhich....and during the whole fast eye was basically roaming the streets in NYC

knewcheeze
07-21-2009, 12:25 AM
im not muslim and i know thats not true...

the festival to mourn muhummads grandson is in shia islam only and its called ashura.

who cares though because all islam whether shia or sunni comes from the devil.

peace be with you !

you already apologized for one of your threads

and now you back at it again

you drunk off the blood of Jesus

go detox

LORD NOSE
07-21-2009, 01:05 AM
show me proof where it says that 24hrs without food is a proper fast and dont give me anything from the koran i want biblical proof.

there's no such thing as biblical proof

go do research on how the body works and what effects a complete rotation of the earth has on the body - then fast for 24 hours and experience the proof you are looking for

Mumm Ra
07-21-2009, 02:11 AM
any sacrifice of going without food is a fast.
so not eating for 5 minutes is fasting?
lol

WARPATH
07-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I often fast without food or water.

Watermelon tastes better that way.