PDA

View Full Version : Slam

TeknicelStylez
09-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Saul Williams stars in it. He's a slam poet.

I'm just chillin flippin through channels, I see this shit about a nigguh thats dealin drugs and gets caught and he's a poet. So I watch it. It was a pretty good movie, had some ill poetry in it.

http://www.austinslam.com/98nationals/slamflm2.gif

You see the asian dude in the picture?? There's this mad funny scene, where they in a paddy wagon together and the asian dude is flippin out, WILING AND SHIT. So the main character Ray he starts spittin some shit. The asian guy goes, "great another black emcee" so Ray keeps spittin, than the asian guy starts screaming "SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP, WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP", for like 10 minutes, and the dude just keeps spittin. So than they cut and they show the asian guy, and he turns to Ray and he's like "I wanna meet the guy thats gonna silence this whole thing, that'll be great, that'll be fuckin great, I would shake his hand. What do you think about that emcee?", So Ray turns and goes, "Ever heard of Wu-Tang Clan". That part had me dying for like 10 minutes, I would love to sample that shit and throw it in the beginning of a track.

Later on the asian guy almost gets killed by a group of cats, and he gets his ass beat by the C.O's for spittin on some guys shirt, he's only in the movie for like 5 minutes but he's funny as hell.

Good Acting, Hot poetry, Some Crazy shit.

Overall 8.6/10

ironmantis
09-15-2005, 06:48 AM
I agree with you, that part is very funny. The whole film is brilliant and the soundtrack that goes with it is banging.

peace

Eye M Woman
09-15-2005, 07:05 PM
A Young Saul Williams doing his thing independently...the lady who plays Kima from The Wire doing her thing think she helped produce it..cats like KRS on the soundtrack..yo...to many this is an indy classic.A movie with a message not glorifying the streets.....especially for Spoken Word heads like myself its much appreciated.I love that flick.Sh Clack Clack is such an ill performance piece...Saul ripped it.

TeknicelStylez
09-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Yea man Saul Williams is a mad nice poet.

Punch
09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Movie is great, real raw and intense.

ch-chef
09-16-2005, 02:58 PM
i dont know i dont think i liked it all that much...had some corny parts like when he broke up a all out brawl in the yard before it even started with his energetic poem, i like realism in movies like that...that wasnt too real

Fragmented
09-16-2005, 03:03 PM
i loved this film saul is a true talents

Explizit Content
09-16-2005, 03:20 PM
BEST movie of all time!!