PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on bringing extinct species back to life?

check two
06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I was reading an article about how scientists are pretty close to bringing back the wooley mammoth and saber tooth tiger. It probably wouldn't be 100 percent identical to the original species, but real close. What are your thoughts on extinct animals being brought back?

Sky Blue Bally Kid
06-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Unless it's going to benefit an eco system in some way maybe just forget it or confine it to public displays.

What the hell's going on in your sig pic by the way?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I was reading an article about how scientists are pretty close to bringing back the wooley mammoth and saber tooth tiger. It probably wouldn't be 100 percent identical to the original species, but real close. What are your thoughts on extinct animals being brought back?

It would be 100%.

Its called back breeding, over time, you would have a pure breed Mammoth, or whatever it is your bringing back.

As long as you have a genetically similar current host species, like an Elephant, once you fertilize the egg, and you get a cross breed half elephant half mammoth, you just keep repeating the process with the new borns calves until all the elephant DNA is gone, and its a fully pure breed mammoth.

You need a near complete genome structure though to start all this, and they might have is for the Wooly Mammoth after a recent find in the Siberian tundra.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-07-2009, 07:10 PM
this is bad....see Jurassic Park

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
See nicky touch

an ignorant 100%

uhuhuhuhu lalalalal

ahdda hasrafa

Olive Oil Goombah
06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
u are a moroccan terrorist who has become infatuated with an American online to the point that you follow him to every forum and spam his page with threats.

EAGLE EYE
06-07-2009, 07:18 PM
bring back yacub so i can play scrabble with him

Prolifical ENG
06-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Just having the specie for the sake of having that living specie around I don't see much point besides public displays, unless you are aiming at humane or ethical opinions.

Reviving an extinct specie to sustain in an ecosystem so the ecosystem benefits is a whole other story and would require many models to see how the ecosystem would change and how the specie can hold itself without being endangered or extinct again.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
i once played swords with yacub and apparently he grafted the chinese people because he wanted a race of people that he could claim bigger penis size over.

Lets just say jacob had a ladder and yacub had a stepladder

thatKid
06-07-2009, 08:03 PM
so..

we're going to clone bush to be our next president too?

my point is - why?

LORD NOSE
06-07-2009, 09:17 PM
why is wheat bleached then enriched ?

Uncle Steezo
06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Bad idea.

But I Think cloning endangered animals is worth debating.