PDA

View Full Version : Question for the GFX "artists": do you actually think you're the best?

Reggie_Noble
09-15-2005, 10:40 AM
If you do, post 1 or more banners that you think are the best banners ever made by someone on this site.

Personally I don't think I'm the best, but I have noticed that most banners are made from the same recipe which makes them pretty bad.

For me, the best on the site are:

-Born Invincible
-Chopsticks
-09 (I liked your earlier work better than some of your newer though)
-Hertz (Your banners look the least like anyone elses, which is pretty important)

btw if you want to beef in here, go ahead, I'm just hoping to burst some bubbles in here, it seems some GFX "artists" (note: the "......") think they're pretty hot:
http://www.wutangcorp.com/showthread.php?t=7851

Lets hear it.

Skellington
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Peace

My favorite banner of all time here must be the one hertzdeep is rockin' right now. very original, and very clean, props on that one Hertz.

My favorite GFX artists here are:

-*Grande*
-Hertzdeep
-Reggie_Noble
-Born Invincible
-Chopsticks

Altho I think some of the artists here do got the skills but seems to me as they're affraid to change ther style wich makes it a little boring after a while.

I changed my style yeah, and I know there's lots of people who ain't feeling it, but..I'm feeling it, and I think that's most important.ofcourse it would be nice to receive some possitive feedback once in a while but I can live with that.
I switched my style from a bit hi-tech to something more simple, imo you don't have to be all like "Oh lightning here,tech borders there,3d effects over here etc....." just because of the fact you want everybody to like it. Get your own style, wich you like the most.

In the beginning I experimented with all kind of brushes wich I d-loaded from various sites,and it was cool, the gfx looked nice. You can do something with these brushes, but after a while you might wanna do something yourself, try and creat y'r own brushes etc..to make it look even more original. And that's something I haven't realy noticed around here, i've seen various banners wich almost look alot like eachother cause of the fact they're using the same brushes, and continue using 'em.
So, that's my statement....:)

PEACE

Locust
09-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I is da best

Reggie_Noble
09-15-2005, 11:14 AM
As for my own, when I get requests from strangers it's usually just something i slap together in 5 mins which makes it pretty bad quality.
When I first started I was worse than every artist, and even "artist" on this site. it was pics and lame text, maybe some fat-ass border.

My current banner is the 1 I'm most satisfied with, it looks pretty different from my old work and everything except the W's shape is homemade, so there will hopefully not be anything too close to it for a while.

09, yeah you have switched your style, but there are still some recognizable techniques that some of the better GFX artists will recognize and then they may commend you on that instead of the actually work, which some of the time I appreciate more.

The only times I've added stuff that would improve the general oppinion of the banner as opposed to my own has been on requests.

Razorsharp
09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
well my favs are....

-Born
-Chopz
-Hertz
-Reggie
-09 from before, (remember when u made me that INS sig, with the films brushes) NICE
-I think i should be up there with you guyz i think my steeze is d0pe... i think i brought the whole widescreen kinda look... peace

Reggie_Noble
09-15-2005, 11:38 AM
What do you mean by widescreen? all banners (hopefully) are wider than they're "tall".

GhettoGnom
09-15-2005, 12:34 PM
lol, banner with 1000x1000 px :D :p

dojo_pros
09-15-2005, 12:45 PM
gomez's stuff was ill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/dojo_pros/dojo_pros-banner.gif

Tage
09-15-2005, 12:47 PM
^yeh i always asked to make me a sig but he never did, but really friendly about it, lol..

i know im no where near best but i like making gfx.. and i know what you mean about the usual recipe.. lol, but people jus ask me to do it like that so i do it.

my fav artists are -

Grande
Trinidad Gomez
Ozmosis
Born
r0n
Hertz Deep
Dragon

^THEY HAVE TALENT.

MantiZ
09-15-2005, 12:52 PM
damn! no one mentioned me. LOL!
but i think *grande* is one of most talented out there. i like his style and all his works look nice and clean and... peaceful ehh.

MF Herbs
09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
M.Herbz <<< can hold his own.

Hz Deep
09-15-2005, 02:21 PM
^ word, original too.

I think this section definitely needs to get back to how it used to be, I felt that I used to learn a lot of stuff from posting gfx here and by being introduced to new techniques on photoshop that I would see other cats posting.

I would say that work from cats like - Grande (360), Trinidad Gomez, Sho, Chopsticks, Born Invincible, 09 and Le Chef have influenced me in some way or another since back before the crash, Grande especially as I can see how most of his work could easily be used commercially.

But these days it seems, idk, less fertile somehow.
don't get me wrong people posting some nice gfx
MF Herbs, Ozmosis, Razorsharp, Wutage, Mantiz, Reggie, RAK and a few other cats are reppin' some nice stuff.

It's all good when cats are postin' nice work and giving good constructive criticism, and giving props when they're due, but some cats just adopt an air about themselves like they invented Photoshop, when you can find almost identical sigs to theirs on half the hip hop or gaming forums out there.

And to answer your question I guess, yeah it feels good when you get some props for a sig graphic, but I ain't ever think I'm the best 'cos I'm always learning from so many other "artists" work.

Pz.

MF Herbs
09-15-2005, 02:23 PM
^^ thats whats up. Good post

Wu-Tang 9
09-15-2005, 03:11 PM
guys what about DaRazorSharp1??? hes tight

born invincible
09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
personally Sho and Kid Sha have always caught my eye with their work!! very clean and sharp!

i will be the first to agree my style has stayed consistent... i rarely venture out of my technique but when i do find a new tech, i always tackle it slow. to improve and build on it.

most of what i do is for recreation and fun... i rarely have time anymore like i used to.. to work on graphics!!

for the most part alot of what i see graphics wise here is ight... some is kinda weak, but everyone starts like that.

one thing i see alot of that i dont like or really dont understand is that retro/ vector type stuff... most of which is nothing but brushes!! its one thing to use abstract brushes and use them in a manner where shadows and lights play a part in its visuals... with alot of these vector brushes.. its stamp, stamp and go!! no work!!
peace and props to those who actually do vector from scratch... ive done it and know its hard!! anyone can download a brushpack of vectors and stamp way!!

thats one thing that i cant really get over.... but its whatever. everyone got their own thing goin on!!

and no im not the best... but i gotta be one of them!!

Wu-Tality
09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I know someone but hes not from this board but hes magic with photoshop, makes all shit himself.

Butter
09-15-2005, 06:31 PM
dudes be sleepin on Oz, hes my favourite Designer around these parts.

no beef, theres people with just as much talent maybe even more but oz's stuff is what ive been goin with for a year now. apart from 2 signitures. one by Born, and one By 7th (intellekt.) which were both ILL also.

ya'l sleepin on 7th too, even though most people dont like him, hes got mad skills on the GFX front.

Khristo
09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
can someone make me one for my sig, with the words "War Pawn" i wont somthing to do with a city and ninjas, somthing deep. holla at me through PM

MaShPG
09-15-2005, 06:36 PM
I thought there were only two GFX artists...MF Herbz and some other guy. Cause all of your sigs look pretty much the same, just w/ different themes. Herbz is the best imo, and not just cause he made me a great sig, but cause his style is so unique. It's as if you guys are following strict guidelines to your sigs and he's going outta the box. I can recognize a Herbz sig right away. Keep up the good work man.

Razorsharp
09-16-2005, 01:45 AM
well...reggie i mean the to rectangles i use in the top and bottom of my sigs... nahmean?

Ozmosis
09-16-2005, 03:11 AM
I like all the visuals on this site. Even if i have a bias opinion on a memeber i still like the gfx work they lay out.I in noway thing i'm the best because i've seen way better work. I've be doing this photoshop thing for almost a year, and i have reach the point which i don't really care what people thing of my work. Don't get me wrong i do appreciate the postive comments some of yall give me. I say there no best but were all good at our own styles.

Reggie_Noble
09-16-2005, 07:33 AM
well...reggie i mean the to rectangles i use in the top and bottom of my sigs... nahmean?
Oh, just used "widescreen" cos of lack of a better word? :D

good posting everyone

btw, don't think I don't like the work that some of those I didn't post, it's just that I haven't seen that much from those peopl since I came back, and some of them aren't even here anymore.

(Hertzdeep, was your name Hertzdeep before as well? I can't seem to remember you)

Skellington
09-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Hmmm I think he used to have a different name didn't he??? Can't remember anymore.....

Tage
09-16-2005, 08:04 AM
HZ Deep or somthin weren't it?

Hz Deep
09-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I was dj optimus before the crash.
Scroll to the bottom of this page .:GFX:. (http://optimumgfx.blogspot.com/) if you still don't remember me.
Pz.

Reggie_Noble
09-16-2005, 11:21 AM
damn, you've really improved alot!!!

very nice job on the Ason Unique pieces!

Wu.Mental
09-16-2005, 01:46 PM
-Coughs, Very interesting thread. Is this where all the "GFX" designers go to feel important? -curious, BTW nice signatures. :D

born invincible
09-16-2005, 03:12 PM
-Coughs, Very interesting thread. Is this where all the "GFX" designers go to feel important? -curious, BTW nice signatures. :D

you funny...

Wu.Mental
09-16-2005, 06:01 PM
No, no no... "YOU FUNNY" :mmmyah:

TUCO
09-16-2005, 06:14 PM
well sometimes i DO consider myself to be the best banner maker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/TucsZilla/siggie2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/TucsZilla/Jamelbanner.bmp

PEACE

Razorsharp
09-16-2005, 06:58 PM
LMAO... fuckin tuco... hahaha the ice cream banner...haha peace

born invincible
09-16-2005, 08:05 PM
No, no no... "YOU FUNNY" :mmmyah:

ohhhhhhhhh... how could i forget? i remember you now... your that dickhead!! hmmmm...... interesting!

Skellington
09-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Tuco, you definitly the most original ;) lol :)

Sifu Dragon
09-17-2005, 09:05 AM
no, i'm nowhere near da best. born, sho, hertz and grande are

edit: oh yeah, reggie, i remember you made me a Raekwon banner on methical when i was 'Rebirth', do you still have it?

Reggie_Noble
09-17-2005, 09:07 AM
yeah I think so, want it?

Unforgiven
09-17-2005, 09:07 AM
i use to be good but i fell off, i stopped doing gfx and now ill open ps only so often and even when i get something sick going, ill get bored and close the program....ive had some tight shit that noones gotten to see...

Sifu Dragon
09-17-2005, 09:21 AM
yeah I think so, want it?

yeah!, it was sick

Wu.Mental
09-17-2005, 11:07 AM
ohhhhhhhhh... how could i forget? i remember you now... your that dickhead!! hmmmm...... interesting!
Your vocab is pretty damn sad. Try again! :D

Reggie_Noble
09-17-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah!, it was sick
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/reggie_noble/Rebirth_banner.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/reggie_noble/Rebirth_banner.jpg

this one right?

Sifu Dragon
09-17-2005, 06:07 PM
yeah, ahh da memories

thanks

KidSha
09-17-2005, 07:39 PM
straight up i think we all have skill in our own ways.

peace

Fr@z
09-17-2005, 09:42 PM
I wish i was a pirate