View Full Version : Inspectah Deck - Uncontrolled Substance

Prolifical ENG
09-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Inspectah Deck - Uncontrolled Substance

Release Date: October 1999

http://www.wutangcorp.com/images/covers/uncontrolledsubstance.jpg

Label: Loud

Performers
Inspectah Deck, LA The Darkman, Baretta 9, Killa Sin, Street Life, Shadii, U-God, Masta Killa

Producers
RZA, 4th Disciple, Allah Mathematics, Inspectah Deck, V.I.C., True Master, Pete Rock, The Blaquesmiths

Track Listing
01 : Intro
02 : Movas & Shakers
03 : 9th Chamber ft. LA The Darkman, Baretta 9, Killa Sin & Streetlife
04 : Uncontrolled Substance ft. Shadii
05 : Femme Fatale
06 : The Grand Prix ft. U-God & Street Life
07 : Forget Me Not
08 : Longevity ft. U-God
09 : Word On The Street
10 : Elevation
11 : Lovin You ft. LA The Darkman
12 : Trouble Man
13 : R.E.C. Room
14 : Friction ft. Masta Killa
15 : Hyperdermix
16 : Show N Prove
17 : The Cause ft. Street Life

This is a less talked about Wu solo album, however is looked highly upon by many wu fans. Even though the album is certified gold, some critics argue that beacuse it was one of the late wu-tang solo album debuts, that if it was released 5 years earlier....INS wouldnt be one of the lower profile members as hes know to be today.

Nevertheless the people who own this album will likely have it through their play rotation.

the surgeon
09-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Yea i think it's a dope album Deck killed it.The best tracks on here 4 me were friction,word on the street,movas and shakers,longevity,rec room,elevation, and 9 th chamber.The only song i skip is show n prove, as usual Deck rhymes and flow r crazy on the track but the chorus is awful i cant stand it.The beat is quite weak also.He could of cut trouble man also but i can deal wid this tune more more than i can than show and prove.Overal a great solo album i give it 4 mics.Without the 2 tunes mentioned it would have easily gained 4.5.I haven't heard the movement yet 2 compare the 2 but from what ctitics have been sayin this is the better of the 2.

Ink Is My Drink
09-15-2005, 10:16 AM
its an amazin album an it well good an everything the only problem is that no tracks REALLY stand out

Bedlam
09-16-2005, 11:26 PM
I love this shit

Movas and Shakers - 5/5 (really grows on you)
9th Chamber - 4.5/5
Uncontrolled Substance - 4.5 (get that loser off the hook)
Femme Fatale - 4.5/5 (sick bass)
The Grand Prix - 4 (kinda elementary concept for this song)
Forget Me Not - 2
Longevity - 4.5/5
Word on the Street - 4.5/5
Elevation - 4.5/5
Lovin You - 4/5
Trouble Man - 4.5/5
REC Room - 5/5 (Fuckin classic, gets me mad hyped)
Friction - 5/5 (sounds straight outta Liquid Swords)
Hyperdermix - 4.5/5
Show N Prove - 5/5
The Cause - 4/5

Overall 4.5/5
Deck is my favorite MC, so he coulda done better, but still hot as fuck

Literate Type Asshole
09-18-2005, 05:50 AM
this is a good album but it's just not at all special like liquid swords, cuban linx, ironman, etc. good songs are 9th chamber, grand prix (yeah the concept is corny but everyone kills it), longevity, the cause, show n prove, friction, hyperdermix, movers & shakers, rec room, trouble man....all good, but not great. the three joints about women are boring and word on the street is pretty bland too. deck's rhymes are also way off the standard of his rhymes on forever (or the w, or iron flag, or 36 chambers), he seems to be coasting most of the time

deadlymelody
09-18-2005, 04:41 PM
It's better than The Pillage to make a comparison. The Pillage is overrated by some of you guys.

num2son
09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Very underated album. My favorite song is R.E.C. Room.

THE W
09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
It's better than The Pillage to make a comparison. The Pillage is overrated by some of you guys.
opinions, opinions

this album has some great beats on it. there's 2 or 3 songs i skip. deck is aiight on here, i dont think he's a very good storyteller. he's much better with battle rhymes. he tried to tell stories and he wasnt very good at it. u-god COMPLETELY outclassed deck on the songs he was on with him. lyrically this is WAY below deck's potential.

7/10

Marc051
09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
opinions, opinions

this album has some great beats on it. there's 2 or 3 songs i skip. deck is aiight on here, i dont think he's a very good storyteller. he's much better with battle rhymes. he tried to tell stories and he wasnt very good at it. u-god COMPLETELY outclassed deck on the songs he was on with him. lyrically this is WAY below deck's potential.

7/10
I completely agree with this statement, I don't feel Deck as a solo artist, he shouldn't be making his own albums

WU-KILLAH
09-23-2005, 12:11 PM
This album is way underrated, I think it deserve a 8,5/10

Friction is my fav track.

Mark
09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
It's not a classic, but its cool. 7/10

The best song is LOVIN YOU. Asskickin True Mast' beat, LA and DECK got great lyrics about woman. I love that track.

Frank Drebin
09-23-2005, 08:41 PM
This album has some really good stuff and some so so stuff. R.E.C Room is a classic banga. I give the album a 6.5/10

Alcryt
09-25-2005, 05:13 PM
i love this album!! 9/10 easy for me, fav songs r.e.c room and movas and shakas

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Too Me It's A Classic Because Of The Flavor And It Was One Of The Late Great Solo Lp's From Wu And I Do Agree If Was Released Five Years Earlier Would Been And Made Rebel Ins One Of The Above Water Wu Memebers But It Wasn't Destined But Deck Too Me Got Allot Of Bangers Like For Instance: Movas & Shakers, 9th Chamber,the Grand Prix,longevity,hyperdermix,rec Room,friction[mk Killed It For Real],show N Prove, The Cause Are All Fucking Sick That's Why I'm A Give It A 10/10 Even The Fours Bars Joint Between We're Fire Too

Lesbian Nun
09-26-2005, 01:19 AM

The best song is LOVIN YOU. Asskickin True Mast' beat, LA and DECK got great lyrics about woman. I love that track.

^!!!!

word this album is off the chain, and i Agree that it's better then the Pillage...but i also agree with the fact that deck coulda slaughtered it alot worse...he's in my top 4 MC's of all time...

Beautiful Beard
09-28-2005, 02:58 AM

I agree i think this song is tremedous. LA the darkman shows how much skills hes got. I cant believe he didnt get a second album.

As for the rest of the album, i was severly dissappointed. I think INS is one of the best rhymers period but the album was really poor.

I did enjoy "Grand Prix" and "9th Chamber " though and deck came on point with the lyrics, but some of the beats were just dire.

Maybe my expectations on this album were too high.

Bedlam
09-28-2005, 10:13 PM
^Just listen to it more, one of these days REC Room will just be a classic to you. I didn't really care about it, till one day when it came on, i started goin "killah hills, killa killa hills" and i was like damn this song is fucking banging.

Lesbian Nun
09-29-2005, 01:14 AM
^exactly...too much hate for this album...i loved almost every track...

Create
09-29-2005, 01:12 PM
8.5 Outta 10 Thats It

crass
09-29-2005, 01:13 PM
hyperdermix is the best track.

Lesbian Nun
09-29-2005, 06:06 PM
ya^

hotnikks
10-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Ins really surprised me with this release with sharp lyrics and dope beats from beginning to end. I give this 8/10 this album gets alotta play from me and its hard to get tired of it.

leaguer1
10-02-2005, 03:34 PM
8/10

I had thought that Deck would have one of the best albums (being one of the best clansman). I remember 1999 like it was yesterday. Rap was on life support and this album was supposed to be what I rocked that year. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way as this album is not a classic to me.

Deck's voice is a musical instrument so it wouldn't take much production for me to greet this album with golden arms. But a lot of the beats are simply lackluster (some of which Deck did himself). Deck has some real skills as a producer but they aren't especially evident on his own album. Too bad. The album is too stretched out and is broken up by mediocre songs that interupt the listen. With a lanky 17 tracks, it is just stretched out too far. Frankly i'm bored at the end.

This is not to say that the album is not bad. Actually it's pretty good. With expectations through the roof I call it a disappointment. But its a good thing to have disappointments as good as Uncontrolled Substance. There was never any doubt that Deck had what it took to command a solo album. He is not a swordsman that depends on guest appearances. U-God is on two tracks but the beats are so bland that I skip them. And this is coming from a huge Deck fan who desperately tried to like this album.

I would have prefered Deck put on The Settlement and Nightshift on the album but oh well.

In the end I blame this album for not being as good as it should have been on the RZA. This was when RZA did the first 6 clansmen's albums but left the other three to fend for themselves. Deck was the first of those three. In Deck's case I didn't mind as much because he is a producer in his own right. RZA did bless Deck with two fantastic tracks on this album but in the end the album needed tighter beats. The album had the right guys on production if RZA was not going to be the main man. 4th Disciple, True Master and Mathematics all chip in. Pete Rock even gave Deck a helping hand. Just not their best work. Maybe I would really love it if it were Streetlife's album, or a Cap or Sunz of Man album. But for Deck the expectations are raised to the highest level. Fair or not, it is what it is.

Now for the upside: This album spawned several classics like "Movas and Shakers", "Word on the Street" , "Friction" and of coarse the classic "REC Room". REC Room was the first song I heard on the radio for this album and I was so siked. The title track "Uncontrolled Substance" is a strong song too but I can't help but wish Masta Killa or GZA gave a verse in there. That's the only time that I thought Deck could have used some help. Anyway, the biggest upside on this album is DECK himself. What a gift he is to the ears. Truely. He makes anything he is on better just by opening his mouth.

It was the first album that the clan did that I didn't think was GREAT. 8/10 was a big step down at the time. All these years later, 8/10 looks pretty good about now.

shoutout to Deck

Meta4
10-23-2005, 12:12 PM
My #1 album of all time. Still get chills listenin' to this. Earlier this year I got news that one of my close friends committed suicide the night before. I went on a drive LATE that night a bumped this all night loud as fuck. really helped.

H.L.norse
10-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Deck rips this album grew on me after about 2 listens. 7/10

PJ FlemFlam
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
yeah this was dope too,plus the movement,for the 2nd album it had ta grow on me

Luz
11-08-2005, 02:16 AM
This album grew on me as well. I was pretty dissappointed at it at first but after a while I really came to love the lyrics. INS's flow is incredible. Too bad the beats are whack. This probably could have been a classic.

GENERAL WISE
03-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Lyrics: 92%
Beats: 91%

Overall 91.5%

Highlights: Troubleman, Grand Prix ( U-God's best verse imo), 9Th chamber
Lows: not many, just some fillers

9/10 great album

Grongle
03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Sick album , the movement iz gd azwell

benzo
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Recently picked this one up. Easily one of the best Wu releases since Forever. 9th Chamber is dope as fuck. So anybody know what's up with the snippetts after Movas & Shakers and REC Room? Is that from another track? I love that shit....

dimi
05-03-2006, 03:34 PM
str8 classic

claaa7
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
i don't consider this LP to be a classic, but it definitvely got many standout tracks (as well as some lows which bring the rating down a bit). I love "R.E.C. room", "Trouble Man", "Friction", that short banger in the beginning with La The Darkman and some others. my favorite gotta be "lovin' you" though, so fucking sharp, short and precise that cut is! on the lows is "femme fatale" (which i really think is weak) and "forget me not" (which was o.k.), the theme on "grand prix" was pathetic (although great verses & good beat) and some of the beats sounds uninspired. but overall it's a damn good album (7.5/10)

diesel
05-07-2006, 12:14 PM
best songs on this cd are rec room, grand prix, the cause, show n prove & 9th chamber

Leo Angel
05-26-2006, 03:13 AM
9/10 album. 9th Chamber, Grand Prix & Lovin' You are my personal classics, but there're other very dope songs: Uncontrolled Substance (I got used to this hilarious chorus...), Show & Prove, Word On The Street, Rec Room, Friction & The Cause. I wish there was more A-Team Wu-Tang featurings (where is Meth, GZA & Rae???) and better beats (it would be real 10/10 classic then), but INS spits fire in every song. hands down...

famenchuan
07-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Half of this album is great and the other half I was not feeling.

Great songs
Movas and Shaker
9th Chamber
Grand Prix
Longevity
Elevation
hyperdermix
REC Room
Friction

Exactly what I was thinking and the tracks you picked are the same ones as mine.

TAURO
07-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Not a classic but a great album, worth getting if you support wu.

leaguer1
08-31-2006, 09:32 PM
poll

racist randy
09-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Track Listing
02 : Movas & Shaker - I'm feeing this shit right here very hot. 4.5/5
03 : 9th Chamber ft. LA The Darkman, Baretta 9, Killa Sin & Streetlife- FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE all verses are hot 4.5/5
04 : Uncontrolled Substance ft. Shadii - I'm feeling this shit Nigga need to stop siging though. 4/5
05 : Femme Fatale - Deck can't do women tracks 3.5/5
06 : The Grand Prix ft. U-God & Street Life - This is my shit STREETLIFE owns this track. 4.5/5
07 : Forget Me Not - Deck can't do women tracks. 3.5/5
08 : Longevity ft. U-God - U-God ripped this shit. 4/5
09 : Word On The Street - Deck Did his thing lyrically i can quote any line from this track. 4.5/5
10 : Elevation - I'm feeling this shit deck did his thing with the beat. 4/5
11 : Lovin You ft. LA The Darkman - 5/5 This shit is hot it makes me think back alot(can't get too deep)
12 : Trouble Man - Deck can't really do a love track 3.5/5
13 : R.E.C. Room - Deck killed this shit Deck is coming hard and the beat gets me hype 5/5
14 : Friction ft. Masta Killa - This is my shit right here I wanna bang this in a car so bad Masta kills this shit 5/5
15 : Hyperdermix - Shit is fire right here Deck is doing his thing on the Lyrically tip 4/5
16 : Show N Prove - I like this shit right here deck is nice on it. 4/5
17 : The Cause ft. Street Life - This beat gives me a crazy feeling, the song is fire i love this shit. 4.5/5

Overall 4/5 I'll give this cd. The women tracks fuck it up. It's all good.:b
I had to change my rating to 4.5/5. I played this cd in the car it became better than before.
Lyrics- 4.5/5
Beats- 4.5/5

Leo Angel
09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
The women tracks fuck it up. It's all good.:b

I kinda agree, but with the exception of Lovin' You track. This is a mothafuckin classic. Beat and lyrics are marvelous|) . Top three best hip-hop love songs ever fo sho (with RZA's - Love Jones & Method's - All I Need)

CharlesJones
09-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Wack album. Only songs i liked are Word On The Street, Rec Room, Friction. Didn't he have a video for Rec Room?

Rebel_INS
11-23-2006, 03:52 AM
1.Intro
2.Movas & Shakers - 4.5/5
3.9th Chamber - 5/5
4.Uncontrolled Substance - 5/5
5.Femme Fatale - 4.5/5
6.The Grand Prix - 5/5
7.Forget Me Not - 5/5
8.Longevity - 5/5
9.Word On The Street - 5/5
10.Elevation - 5/5
11.Lovin You - 5/5
12.Trouble Man - 5/5
13.R.E.C Room - 5/5
14.Friction - 5/5
15.Hyperdermix - 4.5/5
16.Show N Prove - 4.5/5
17.The Cause - 5/5

A very very dope album by INS. Love all the songs.

wuswordz95
06-05-2007, 05:19 PM
i just got the album today. i havent listen it to it fully but it sounds great so far. yeah for some reason it seems like deck cant cut it as a solo artist despite having one of the greatest flows ever.

J.T.S.
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
i love this album some of the beats are WTF?
But i'm still feeling this, all though sum beats were errr...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
aww c'mon all beats were bangin' at least

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
i think of it a s a classic, 9.5/10

buckshotstheone
06-20-2007, 10:08 PM
aight so i have seen a lot of things on here i agree with but i'll still put it in my words

one of the first posts i read said that no track really stood out and i think that is a lot of the problem with this record

recently i've been bumping a wu album for like 2 months straight, went from cuban linx to ironman to liquid swords to tical. decided i'd fuck with this one about 2 weeks ago and i still feel like it is a struggle to get through it all. i just get bored. deck is a sick MC but he really doesn't shine on this record. u-god straight killed him on both tracks he was on, and other than that Rec Room is of course a classic anthem. Friction is mad nice, The Cause has a tight ass beat

my biggest BIGGEST problem is Forget Me Not. i listened to it probably 5 times and now i skip it every time (which is fine with me cause it splits the huey joints so i just get huey twice in a row), but that song, especially the hook, sucks really really bad.

overall it's a good record. not a GREAT record. but it's strong, just not strong enough to be held high with the first 7 albums (and the Swarm, and the Pillage, and probably In Stereo)

buckshotstheone
06-20-2007, 10:10 PM
^oh yeah, also, production was only sub-par, couple BANGAZZZ but mostly just mediocre beats

famenchuan
06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I actually like the track All I want is mine from Resident patient better than any track on this album. Good album though. His love songs are horrible though.

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
opinions, opinions

7/10

gotta say I pretty much agree with this.

Really like REC Room, 9th Chamber and Friction. Grand Prix is cheesy but I can't help really liking it. Uncontrolled Substance needed the dick on the chorus removed like someone else said.

I always thought Deck, U-God and Masta should have come with an album together. Having said that, U-God, Deck and Street Life always sound nice together as well (like Semi Automatic Full Rap Metal Jacket and Grand Prix).

racist randy
06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Track Listing
02 : Movas & Shaker - I'm feeing this shit right here very hot. 4.5/5
03 : 9th Chamber ft. LA The Darkman, Baretta 9, Killa Sin & Streetlife- FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE all verses are hot 4.5/5
04 : Uncontrolled Substance ft. Shadii - I'm feeling this shit Nigga need to stop siging though. 4/5
05 : Femme Fatale - Deck can't do women tracks 3.5/5
06 : The Grand Prix ft. U-God & Street Life - This is my shit STREETLIFE owns this track. 4.5/5
07 : Forget Me Not - Deck can't do women tracks. 3.5/5
08 : Longevity ft. U-God - U-God ripped this shit. 4/5
09 : Word On The Street - Deck Did his thing lyrically i can quote any line from this track. 4.5/5
10 : Elevation - I'm feeling this shit deck did his thing with the beat. 4/5
11 : Lovin You ft. LA The Darkman - 5/5 This shit is hot it makes me think back alot(can't get too deep)
12 : Trouble Man - Deck can't really do a love track 3.5/5
13 : R.E.C. Room - Deck killed this shit Deck is coming hard and the beat gets me hype 5/5
14 : Friction ft. Masta Killa - This is my shit right here I wanna bang this in a car so bad Masta kills this shit 5/5
15 : Hyperdermix - Shit is fire right here Deck is doing his thing on the Lyrically tip 4/5
16 : Show N Prove - I like this shit right here deck is nice on it. 4/5
17 : The Cause ft. Street Life - This beat gives me a crazy feeling, the song is fire i love this shit. 4.5/5

Overall 4/5 I'll give this cd. The women tracks fuck it up. It's all good.:b
I had to change my rating to 4.5/5. I played this cd in the car it became better than before.
Lyrics- 4.5/5
Beats- 4.5/5
Read the Red

Guarded By Martyrs
06-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Intro - Messed up this guy is like a skag head.

Movas & Shakers - 4th best solo.

9th Chamber - Real KIlla Beez track Killa Sin rips it.

Unconrtolled Substance - 2nd best solo, Shadii' s voice is straight velvet.

FemmeFatale - Poor atempt.

Grand-Prix - "Wu-Banga number 9" - INS.

Forget Me Not - Pretty Poor, skip it usually.

Longevity - Clearly the best track on the album U-God & Deck are like complete opposites on the mic.

Word On The Street - Just lingers on & on.

Elevation - Produced by himself but a bit to slow & soft for him I think Ghost Suited it more on Supreme Clientele.

Lovin' You - This track always brings a smile to my face the beat, the voice in the beat really cool.Idon't usually like tunes about girls because most of them are degrading but not this one it's all about equality.

Trouble Man - Not that bad but again not great.

R.E.C. Room - Now were talking, 1st place on the CD for solo joints

Friction - Messy track Masta Killa always brings something new to the table and Deck is seriouysly on point -
"Pretty like the subway tracks
My protocol
Perminent like Gaffitti on the project wall"

Hypermix - I was feeling this one, really different.

Show'n'Prove - 2nd best solo.

The Cause - Always forget about this one pretty good though.

I would agree and say that "The Resident Patient" is better han this.
But in the future I hope that Deck makes a album in the mould of
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... with mad features and just a couple of solo's then you would have his best album.He seems to benefit from others on the track with him.

NinjaBlakk
07-19-2007, 08:44 PM
resident patient is better than uncontrolled substance..?? nah.. resident patient had one dope track .. that was the first track wit masta!! uncontrolled substance was a sleeper hit.. it had some dope tracks on it.. it wasnt on par wit bobby digital in stereo or anything.. but it is majorly slept on..and i enjoy listening to it ..its decks first and only dope album..

CharlesJones
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Only good thing about Uncontrolled Substance is the album cover picture and album pictures hahahahahahahahahahaha. The album cover picture is tight. I like that Wu Tang jacket Inspectah Deck has on the album cover. I was very disappointed with the beats on this album and the 2 wack love songs. Inspectah Deck went soft with the love songs.

Come Honor Face
07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Bangin album! 9/10
lyrics 9/10 Beats 9/10

Ghost_Deini_
10-24-2007, 11:04 PM
i was listening to some of the songs off this album the other day cause i hadnt in a while and i thought they were nice as hell. its definitely a good album.

urbanlegend
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Dope album! If it had a little more RZA and perhaps a little more spottings from guys like Street and other Wu generals, it would have BLOWN up. I bought the album and it's in my collection of the best.

TheLifeisHectic
11-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't know why no one likes this troubleman...

ShaDynasty
11-19-2007, 05:36 PM
02 : Movas & Shakers (5/5, basically a club joint but with that ill soul swing)
03 : 9th Chamber ft. LA The Darkman, Baretta 9, Killa Sin & Streetlife (4/5, nice track but not amazing)
04 : Uncontrolled Substance ft. Shadii (4/5, very nice track)
05 : Femme Fatale (5/5, crazy beat, dope lyrics)
06 : The Grand Prix ft. U-God & Street Life (4/5 good track)
07 : Forget Me Not (3/5 not as bad as most people claim but just a bit bland)
08 : Longevity ft. U-God (4/5, nice track)
09 : Word On The Street (4/5, nice beat with great lyrics)
10 : Elevation (5/5, nice reflip of another INS beat, great lyrics)
11 : Lovin You ft. LA The Darkman (5/5, hot shit! nice love song, don't hear beats like this very often)
12 : Trouble Man (4/5 dope lyrics, very catchy soulful joint)
13 : R.E.C. Room (5/5 have this in my head all the time, its just addictive)
14 : Friction ft. Masta Killa (4/5, okay track, a bit disappointing after RZAs other contribution)
15 : Hyperdermix (4/5 cool track)
16 : Show N Prove (3/5 a bit boring)
17 : The Cause ft. Street Life (5/5 really liked this track, Inspectah Deck is a very talented beatmaker, lots of different elements goin on and both street and ins came correct)

overall 4/5. Not a classic but a very good album, it sounds very wu production wise but imo ins needed more up tempo stuff cos about half of the album got very slow beats that don't really suit him that well. Still i was pleasantly surprised and it takes quite a few listens to sink in, but a very good album with some possible classic tracks.

claaa7
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Movas & Shakers (4/5)
9th Chamber (4.5/5)
Uncontrolled Substance (3.5/5)
Femme Fatale (2/5)
The Grand Prix (3.5/5)
Forget Me Not (2/5)
Longevity (3.5/5)
Word on The Street (3/5)
Elevation (3/5) [check how much better ghost flipped this beat]
Lovin' You (5/5)
Trouble Man (4/5)
R.E.C. Room (5/5)
Friction (4/5)
Hyperdermix (4/5)
Show n Prove (4.5/5)
The Cause (3/5)

A pretty boring album that could have been so much better if more work was put behind it. Deck is probably the member i most would like to hear on a RZA produced album, these beats don't do him justice. Although I really don't think he's that good as a solo MC, his voice gets boring fast (he should have more great guests on his albums)... Overall: 3.25/5

racist randy
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Poll Added!

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
02-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Damn..

I am listening to it now..Its fuckin CLASSIC..

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-23-2008, 03:13 PM
this is a good album but it's just not at all special like liquid swords, cuban linx, ironman, etc.

Exactly my thoughts. It's really good, but it just doesn't grab me like a real classic. I think Deck could do better (but sadly hasn't).

8/10

MainoffenderKZ
03-20-2008, 12:36 PM
i really love that album
lots of classics song
9/10

Maccabee Ridah
06-14-2008, 08:25 PM
I got this album tonight, and I am listening to it for second time..:D
It seems amazing to me!!!! There r plenty great track!!!!
It seems 10/10 album...!!!
Pure classic....!!!

Peace.................
-suuuuuuuu///

racist randy
06-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Track Listing

02 : Movas & Shaker
A nice opening track an a definite banger, Inspectah Deck comes nice and the beat is nice, sounds like a underground club banger or something this shit is mad nice though. 4.5/5

03 : 9th Chamber ft. LA The Darkman, Baretta 9, Killa Sin & Streetlife
The name of the track is 9th Chamber so this shit better be hot. La the Darkman starts it off real hard and just goes in, after him Beretta 9 comes in REAL mediocre I want ya'll to really listen to his part, that's why I couldn't give this track a 5, Killa Sin comes in and drops a quick bomb, Streetlife's flow on here is mad nice, this is around his prime so his flow is crazy "Island Drifter, black vagina finder" and the General comes in and tops it off showing why he's the general "Weak Mc's take me to ya leader" that's my favorite line right there. The beat is mad nice aswell a great track. 4.5/5

04 : Uncontrolled Substance ft. Shadii
This track is cool, but I'm not really feeling the end with all the singing, but Deck comes correct on it and the beat is pretty cool. 4/5

05 : Femme Fatale
This is some average Deck stuff right here, the beat is aiight and he's spitting bout women, but this is easily skippable. 3.5/5

06 : The Grand Prix ft. U-God & Street Life
LOL this track has a funny concept, but it still came out good, Streetlife goes in on this joint and even U-God drops a bomb on here, Deck comes correct as usual, nothing jaw dropping but correct, beat is nice aswell. 4.5/5

07 : Forget Me Not
I wasn't feeling this joint at all either, I don't know why Deck threw these on the album, The beat really annoys me on here, he spits some nice lines on here but I don't think Deck is a women's track specialist. 3.5/5

08 : Longevity ft. U-God
I love this track Deck and U-god go in on this joint accompanied by a calm but banging beat, this shit is pure heat. 4.5/5

09 : Word On The Street
I love this joint right here, Deck's storytelling is on point and I love the beat, this shit is mad hot. The second verse he goes in nice "You bein watched like you new on the block from roof tops
Get your moves on these hot shots, pop, music stops
Party's over, bold soldier move for his holster
Shot the lights out, struck the bouncer in his shoulder
hard times for po-9, can't control the masses, scream
for more backstage, we sling V.I.P. passes
Jakes sprayin mace, riots takin place
When the Clan show they face, the fans show they place
Get your blunt rolled, fuck the 5-0, they want it dun' know
Bitches get trampled, niggaz wildin the front row
Fire marshall catch a beat down, tryin to cut my sound
Radio dispatcher, back-up, bustin rounds
without intermission from a crouched position
Bullets ricochet off the strobe-lights, strikin Christians
My nigga slipped in, 'nuff ammunition
to bust back, fuck that, them out-of-town cats'll take the rap
It's war on the dance floor, quarter to 4
Before we peeled off, they tried to seal off the back door
Gats for the beast, high persuit down the side streets
Shot up my getaway Jeep, crashed the front glass
Flew the head rest off the passenger seat
I grabbed the heat, ditched the weapon and escaped on feet
While the locals interrogated for names and photos
work for 5-0, swappin info for dough".... 5/5

10 : Elevation
This is one of my favorites on the album, I think he gave Ghost a better version though, he still did his thing on here, I thought he could've came harder on this joint though. 4.5/5

11 : Lovin You ft. LA The Darkman
This beat is real classic, both rappers reflect on past times which makes me love the track even more cause I can definitely relate, I'mma definitely be banging this song once I go off to college, this is some classic Material , Deck hit the spot on this joint, LA the Darkman came flawless on this joint aswell. 5/5

12 : Trouble Man
Right after Deck Hits, he misses again, the beat is ok but I'm not really feeling this joint too much, Deck could've replaced this track with a banger. 3.5/5

13 : R.E.C. Room
Deck came hard as hell on this joint and he went in like crazy, the beat gets me mad hype with all the beez swarming and shit then he goes in "
I throw your brain in the cobra clutch, behold the hold rush
A dazzlin display if you could get close enough
Cold Crush like the 4 stinger anaconda
Fierce darts that'll pierce through solid armor
Lounge in the barracks with Blue and Cappadonna
Spiderman identity Peter Parker
Crowd pleaser register off the meter
Vocal street sweaper bucks shots through the speaker
Pleasure seekers, 50 thou' in the stands
True fans get it hot like Jamaica sands
Conquer land, wide like a eagle wingspan
Clansman stabbin the track with both hands
Not a lost soul who falls for fool's gold
I shine like a diamond in the true state of cold
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold
Rap with a road block, I might lose control
Hold the globe in my iron palm
One hand holds the firearm on a mission that's life long
Strike calm through the fire like Chaka Khan
World wide on the web without the dot com".... 5/5

14 : Friction ft. Masta Killa
This beat is so nice man this joint is crazy, I love how Inspectah Deck starts it off , then Masta comes in and camly takes over "Some niggaz I'd rather not spar minds wit
They can't simutale my thoughts or fuck with
Creative testosterone, mic-phone calms the menopausable hormone quakage
trapped like estrogen, we makin, all of the above
supremely I hold my shit, when I run
I hesitate to stomp the come, bring water from the brain
Nigga, they tried to send me back, but still I came
Teraform mindframe contains elements of iron which began steel
Healin men life, Allah just brought me forth to bust mine
This time I spare no one, poison sword seed technique
Breathe the Earth, take the head of those and feed 'em to the universe
Blessed with volts of electric, life threatnin segments, it's hectic".... 5/5

15 : Hyperdermix
I'm not gonna lie at first I wasn't feeling this joint but Deck comes real nice on this joint, I felt he should've came mad harder though on an ill beat like this. 4.5/5

16 : Show N Prove
This joint right here is pretty cool, Deck comes nice, the beat is ok, I usually skip this track, not that it's bad but nothing to great either. 3.5/5

17 : The Cause ft. Street Life
This is a great track to end the album, it's something about the horns on the beat that I love, this track is mad nice and Streetlife goes in mad nice, they both flow well on this joint. 5/5

Lyrics - 4.5/5
Beats- 4.5/5
Overall - 4.5/5

I must say, the beats are pretty tight but Deck really wasn't going in hard as I thought he would have, the lyrics on this joint should've been 5/5 but I felt he held back lyrically a bit. Still a Wu Classic though... ****Overall 4.5/5**** ****Certified Wu-Classic****

Reviewed.

Ritter
06-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry.

Classic.

Too much no-skippable tracks not to be a classic.

Legendary on every song.

Mandatory, end of story.

beautifulrock
06-14-2008, 09:24 PM
4 of 5,
best tracks

Rec Room
Hyperdermix
Movas & Shakas
9th Chamber
Grand Prix
Lovin' You
Word on the Street

The corp dissed this album hard, no tracks in the top 101

Ritter
06-14-2008, 09:31 PM
4 of 5,
best tracks

Rec Room
Hyperdermix
Movas & Shakas
9th Chamber
Grand Prix
Lovin' You
Word on the Street

The corp dissed this album hard, no tracks in the top 101

At least REC Room deserved it, and Hyperdermix... that's probably what disappointed me the most about the list. Deck's solo stuff is underrated as fuck.

beautifulrock
06-14-2008, 09:36 PM
At least REC Room deserved it, and Hyperdermix... that's probably what disappointed me the most about the list. Deck's solo stuff is underrated as fuck.
I would say at least the top 2 deserved a nod, I personally would have Movas & Shakas too...

racist randy
06-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised Rec Room or Friction aren't in the top 101 at all. Damn.

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
My favourite Deck solo track right now is Nightshift.

Ritter
06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
My favourite Deck solo track right now is Nightshift.

I've been mentioning that a couple of times. It's my favorite since I heard it. About 5-6 months ago.

Maccabee Ridah
06-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Yo, I have been listening to this shyt 4 da whole day, and all I can say is that I wasn't wrong!!!
This is one of best CLASSICS I have heard lately!!!!!
Dope beats, sick rhymes, it is just fuckin great.....

11/10!!!!!

PS-Who r producers of this album..?!

Peace.........................
-suuuuuuu///

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I think you have to give it time to decide if it's a classic. I loved it when I first got it, but for me it just doesn't seem to have quite enough replay value to be a true classic. Still a really nice album though.

1. Intro (prod. Inspectah Deck)
2. Movas & Shakers (prod. RZA)
3. 9th Chamber (prod. 4th Disciple)
4. Uncontrolled substance (prod. Mathematics)
5. Femme Fatale (prod. Inspectah Deck)
6. The Grand Prix (prod. 4th Disciple)
7. Forget Me Not (prod V.I.C.)
8. Longevity (prod. True Master)
9. Word On the Street (prod. Inspectah Deck)
10. Elevation (prod. Inspectah Deck)
11. Lovin' You (prod. True Master)
12. Trouble Man (prod Pete Rock)
13. R.E.C. Room (prod true Master)
14. Friction (prod. RZA)
15. Hyperdermix (prod Inspectah Deck)
16. Show N Prove (prod. The Blaquesmiths)
17. The Cause (prod. Inspectah Deck)

Wu-Tang Gambino
06-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Near classic, 9/10.

OddioPellMell
09-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Classic in my books. ONE of the first wu cds i owned helped change how i looked at hiphop. lyrically unchallanged on this joint for sure

Shogah
11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
if 3 or 4 tracks were left out of the album it would be considered a classic by every wu fan.
Few tracks are breaking the flow of album and should have been removed.

Drunken Monk
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
9/10

staycreepin_n_silence
03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
above average

New Hills 36
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Deck to me is one of the greatest rappers ever. When he's on it's perfection. But this didn't live up to potential. I'd love to hear the Deck, GZA, MK trio album that was wished for on this boards a few years back. Deck needs company I feel. Friction is a classic though and this is still a good album.

Wu-tang Fan
10-11-2009, 06:54 AM
I have read 3 pages of this thread and I don't get what people don't like about this album. Maybe the reason some cats don't like it is the reason I do like it. Nearly all the beats are very good and have a nice soulful upbeat feel to them. They aren't the gritty Wu sound, they are nice and cheerful. I love "City High" and "Show N Prove" just to name a couple. Deck's voice really compliment the cheerful beats on this album, gets me mad hyped up when I listen to the joint.

claaa7
10-12-2009, 03:17 AM
^^ lol "City High" ain't even on this album

racist randy
10-12-2009, 12:05 PM
^^ lol "City High" ain't even on this album
LOL exactly. Corn ass nigga.

P-Noid Brown
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Is it me or is this album missing all the generals besides u-god and masta???? Wtf is up wit that ????? Not for nothing they all lost their way after wu-tang forever....

Wu-tang Fan
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
LOL exactly. Corn ass nigga.
Callin me a corn ass punk? Just because I like the album? It was on Youtube it had the cover of Uncontrolled substance on it. How would I know it wasn't?

claaa7
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
^^ lol if you really was feeling it like that a real head would support the artist and go out and buy an actual copy of the album like the rest of us. i can't actually believe people choose to play their music via youtube, quality is horrible compared to CD or even mp3

Drunken Monk
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
One of the best wu solo albums of the history

DrunkenMasta303
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
yo when deck said:

"why u talking like the Morpheus of rhymes, when my first shit sold more than all your shit combined"

was he talking about 36 or US? just wondering

claaa7
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
^^ pretty sure he meant "Uncontrolled Substance", i think it went gold actually

Wu-tang Fan
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
^^ lol if you really was feeling it like that a real head would support the artist and go out and buy an actual copy of the album like the rest of us. i can't actually believe people choose to play their music via youtube, quality is horrible compared to CD or even mp3

I am gonna. Not all of us are rich suburban kids...

claaa7
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
^^ lol, gtfo i ain't judging you, i got tons of albums i want but can't afford. i just find it funny why anyone choose to listen to music through youtube, why not download the album and at least the quality is decent

Wu-tang Fan
10-14-2009, 04:59 AM
That's because downloading the album makes it too tempting to keep that shit and just listen to that instead of buying the album imo. When you listen to it on Youtube there is some incentive to get the album.

The blackma
10-17-2009, 02:32 PM
A good album with some dope tracks, I personally liked "Word On The Street", "rec room", "the grand prix", "lovin U". I expect more from the first Deck joint cuz Deck really impressed me in the 1993-97 era. On "CREAM" his verse literally blows me every time I hear this joint. On "Triumph" or "the city" he is incredible. I understood why U God was angry against Rza. Rza really put all his artistic cleverness on the first wu solos and didn't do the same with the second range of solos (especially Deck and U God albums). I know after "forever" Rza said he knew he had to go through a year he would make weak beats. According to Raekwon (in a french hip hop magazine interview) Rza made something like 40 dope beats for forever where were these beats he didn't use for the double cd ? I wanted Rza to focus on generals solos and let wu elements worked on wu fam opus. I still don't understand why Cappadonna cd released before Deck's one (beats from pillage are really dope too far better than the ones on deck joint). Deck was an unlucky guy (the flood that destroyed Rza beats, the lack of Rza attention) because he was one of the dopest wu mcs. I think U God and Deck didn't inspire Rza at all so he gave them up.

Wu-tang Fan
11-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Okay, this is a dope album that I have wanting to get my mits on for quite some time. This is Deck's own sound, don't buy this expecting any 36 Chambers type shit. To describe decks music, I can only say that it is a mixture of upbeat, rythmitic type tracks (like the track Uncontrolled Substance), eerie bass heavy tracks (like Hyperdemix off the album) and funky laid back tracks like "Trouble Man". This album has some really catchy beats on it and Deck lays down crisp poetry, his voice really compliments the beats on this album.

Deck likes to keep it hood, he is a straight up hood cat. This is very apparent from the album, he raps on the joint Trouble Man that he thought his hood days were over but he's living it deeper than ever before and that he wouldn't change it for a digit. There is less Kung Fu crazyiness than on a Wu album, probably due to the lack of Rza's influence, although the album is all the better for it, portraying Deck's unique sound. Also Deck portrays his rebelliousness very well on his album, straight hood and straight rebel, respect it.

Let's break this shit down, track by track:

1. Movas & Shakers

This is a straight up feel good joint, funky beat, good vocals from Deck, alcohol with crushed ice in the blender is mentioned, last calls for drinks etc, it is all very up beat and partyish. Definately a joint to flick on when you are feeling good.

2. Ninth Chamber

This is quite a dark raw track, featuring Wu affiliates that I have never heard before (please note that is never heard not heard of) La the Darkman, Barretta 9, Killa Sin and the well known Street Life. It is quite a violent track, there are mean sounding verses dropped from each M.C. with a raw stringy beat.

3. Uncontrolled Substance

This is another one of those "feel good" tracks which Deck is so good at. There is a chilled out chorus which compliments Deck's nice high strung style well in this joint making the track sound cheerful and upbeat overall. This track is also what the album is named after. He implies that his music is so good that it's like a drug, this is also backed up by the picture on the back of the C.D. cover with his music all scattered on the hood of the 5-0 car.

4. Femme Fatale

Very nice "trangy" beat on this joint, Deck spits some catchy lines were he describes an attractive female to the listener and what various situations they get into.

5. The Grand Prix

This is a really hyped track were it pictures the Wu members in a race. The concept allows for some really nice descriptive lyrics fom all the members, U-God drops a nice verse mentioning the finer points of going to a car race like the smell of gasoline and motor oil, darting to the finish line with the crowd rawing etc etc. Definately one of the album highlights, nice trumpet in the beat.

6. Forget me not

This track is a little hard to remember which perhaps goes to show that it is not a very stand out track on here. I think the idea is that a bitch cheated on Deck and he's just generally reminiscing on the joint about it. The chorus is a bit weird sounding imo. I haven't found a taste for it YET at least.

7. Word on da street

This is a really good joint. Some people may be a bit disappointed by the start because it sounds like it is gonna go into a big exciting climax but it doesn't. That is the style of the track though, it is supposed to be like that. It just flows along real nice and deck puts down great vocals all along it. There is a club scene were the fire marshal "catches a beat down" and "hot pursuits down the side streets" which make this all the more worth listening to.

8. Elevation

This track is really deep and soulful. It is a track for those times when your life just seems to be passing before your eyes, a time when you just wanna reflect on the different eras of your life. It is the same beat used on one of Ghostface's Supreme Clientele joints. It seems that Deck is reflecting on this joint too, about his homie coming back from jail after being in for 5 years, some girl he knows losing her shape after having so many babies...basically saying how times have changed. Very reflective souful track all in all.

9. Lovin you

This is a love song, but DON'T SKIP! It is a good song with the backing vocals whispering "lovin you" in a womans voice and a chilled beat, deck describes his love for his girl of days gone by. La da Darkman also has a verse in this kinda like Ghostface, Rae and Cappa in "Jellyfish" on Fishscale.

10. Trouble man

Quite a funky beat on this one,
This is a deep and thoughtful track describing the life in New York. He describes his love of hood life and how he's a rebel to the core.

11. R.E.C. room

This is an okay joint, it is another one of deck's popular upbeat joints there is generally a party atmosphere on this. Not sure about the chorus going "Rec rec rec rec" but the verses are fairly nice.

12. Friction

Inspectah Deck spits fire on this joint, for example "never cease fire, from a street called desire" basically meaning he won't give up for what his desires and passions are. Masta Killa slows this track down a bit, but Deck's fast pace cannot be defeated. They compliment each other well, although Masta Killa's flow is just so slow it's boring sometimes! He might be one of those M.C.s which is better live than recorded. The chorus is nice on this joint as well.

14. Hyperdemix

This just signifies the eerie hardcore sound which Deck is capable of. This track is pure fire. Every verse is dope, a stand out quote from the top of my dome is "I take cash in advance and blast off on retrival" which sounds really straight up badass! Also the chorus on this one is dope "I can't, won't, don't stop rocking to the rhythem..." obviously I am not gonna type the whole verse but it flows so nicely and the message is strong. Every verse on this song is straigh fire.

15. Show and Prove

This song is meaningful and deep, touching on slavery, the devil and hood life. Deck says to beat the devil with the positive thoughts and to leave them in the dirt for the blood suckers to see. It is inspiring for anyone going through the struggle, the chorus singing "The power of god's in you". There is a message for the black man to rise up, as Deck raps "Son of man, knowledge wisdom and understand that it's time to take matters into our OWN hands". Very inspiring song.

16. The cause

This song is a fairly wet fish imo, no disrespect to deck. What you live for, is it the cause? This can be interpreted in to meaning do you live for what's important for you? What is your cause? See what I mean? Do you stand for what you believe in? Do you have determination to do what you believe in? I can understand the message of this song but it's not one that I instantly feel.

Overall I would give this album a 4/5 rating, there are plenty of dope joints on here and a few which might take an acquired taste. It demonstrates that Deck has his own style, incorporating upbeat happy tracks with eerie hardcore sounding rawness, love songs and inspirational songs. You do not have to be a Deck fan specifically to enjoy this album, you will just enjoy it because it is some dope shit, much like the album art and title suggest.

Shit I forgot longitivity

This song is a nice duo by Baby-U and the Rebel I.N.S., feeling quite epic with Deck declaring "In my time, I've seen a lot of people come and go..a lot of new faces been to a lot of new places" this statement sets the tone for the song. The chorus says "Not many last in the game, Wu-Tang coming through, blasting out the same way we came, this is not an act this is actual fact, nothing but experience placed upon tracks" which is a dope chorus and truth to be told it really gets you going. A dope song all in all.

TAURO
11-13-2009, 06:30 AM

Giskard
11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Does anyone have any info on the short song that plays right after Movas & Shakers and R.E.C. Room? Does a full version exist and if so what is it called and where can I find it?

OreoZebra
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
I really liked Uncontrolled Substance. Some of the beats mixed with Deck's rhymes are insane. My favorite songs are Hyperdermix and Word On The Street. Hyperdermix has one of the sickest beats I've heard from INS, and Word on The Street is a mixture of great lyrics and good beats. I'd give this album an 8 or 9/10

muscularghandi
08-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Movers & Shakers 5/5- I really like the way be brought it right in. This is perfect tempo.

9th Chamber 5/5- A real good cast of people right here, doesnít drag on forever, short tight verses

Uncontrolled Substance 4/5- Beat drags a little bit, but Deckís flow keeps it nice, the hook is short and sweet.

Femme Fatale 4/5- The only thing keeping this from being a 5 is that theres no Ghost verse.

The Grand Prix 4/5- This is one of my favorite 4th beats. Streetlife brings his A-Game as well. U-God is alright on this.

Forget Me Not 3/5- Deckís flow is on point, not feeling the hook, and the beat is pretty average.

Longevity 4/5- cool track, wish this could have had atleast another general on it. GZA would be my choice.

Word On The Street 3/5- a little too long, cool little story telling jam.

Elevation 5/5- This right here is Deck at his best.

Loviní You 4/5- LA isnít on the same level as INS, itís very clear in this song. Another one that could have been borderline classic with a general.

Trouble Man 3/5- Not feeling this beat. High hat really irritates me and takes away from the flow.

REC Room 5/5- Neck breaker, The Rebelís sword is sharp on this one.

Friction 5/5- Classic RZA Wu-Tang shit right here.

Hyperdermix 5/5- Really feeling this beat. Very dark and eerie. Love when INS samples in Ghost.

Show and Prove 4/5- Banger, Deck is VERY on point right here. Beat isnít anything special but i kind of like it because it doesnít take away from what INS is speaking.

The Cause 3/5- I really wish The Rebelís verses could have come with a better hook. Beat is nothing special AT ALL, Streetlifeís verse left me hungry.

OVERALL- 4.5

My opinion of this album has officially changed after a further listen. Itís definitely going into full rotation.

UncontrolledSubstans
08-22-2010, 04:20 AM
"Lovin’ You 4/5- LA isn’t on the same level as INS, it’s very clear in this song."

Nah LA made a great effort on that track. One of hes best verses in my opinion.

"Soft as a mattress, said she was catholic
Physically attractive, earth-toned skin
Thick but thin, looked like she just came off an island"

Sure not as good as Deck but really, i cannot think of one rapper that could have kept up with Deck on that track. One of his best efforts.

Still loving this album, one of the best albums off all time in my opinion. Personal classic. And The Cause is a fucking classic. Deck and Streetlife rips it to shreds.

Inspectah Deck
08-22-2010, 07:28 AM
"Loviní You 4/5- LA isnít on the same level as INS, itís very clear in this song."

Nah LA made a great effort on that track. One of hes best verses in my opinion.

"Soft as a mattress, said she was catholic
Physically attractive, earth-toned skin
Thick but thin, looked like she just came off an island"

Sure not as good as Deck but really, i cannot think of one rapper that could have kept up with Deck on that track. One of his best efforts.

Still loving this album, one of the best albums off all time in my opinion. Personal classic. And The Cause is a fucking classic. Deck and Streetlife rips it to shreds.

I agree 100%.For me the best track " The Grand Prix".

John Nash
08-19-2012, 05:12 PM
very underrated album. its very good but not a classic. i find it far better than sslp which people call a classic. i find it more consistent than it was written which lots of nas fans call a classic altho IWW at its best is better than this album.

every song on this album is good. 4.5/5

Urban_Journalz
09-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Anyone who didn't rate this album a classic is a douchebag. This is not up for debate.

Don Universo
11-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Certified banger. Obviously not there with the classic 3 but I'll even put it a notch behind tical. Its on par with return36 but a half point above pillage and no said date.