PDA

View Full Version : Dear Pro, WTF?

Huggasaurus Sex
06-10-2009, 11:31 PM
why were pat and tsa banned, and how long are they banned for? is this part of a new strategy to crack down on "trouble makers" or were those 2 special cases?

also, with regards to the suppression of new wu-tang music that appears in the wu forum without proper paperwork, do you endorse this?

born invincible
06-11-2009, 12:08 AM
pat and tsa banned? lol... do you really need to even ask why?

Huggasaurus Sex
06-11-2009, 12:46 AM
well someone has to.

2 of wu-corp's most ubiquitous posters and outspoken critics of the wu corpocracy were bansassinated in broad daylight hours (EST).

why?

Compulsion
06-11-2009, 02:12 AM
why were pat and tsa banned, and how long are they banned for? is this part of a new strategy to crack down on "trouble makers" or were those 2 special cases?

also, with regards to the suppression of new wu-tang music that appears in the wu forum without proper paperwork, do you endorse this?

LMAO....That was great.

NIGHT MAYOR
06-11-2009, 03:40 AM
whats with your sig ? looks like a 'gay and proud' flag or someshit, oh yeah and that post from human face huggah was'nt that great.

Compulsion
06-11-2009, 03:53 AM
whats with your sig ? looks like a 'gay and proud' flag or someshit, oh yeah and that post from human face huggah was'nt that great.

It's a Buddhist flag(http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/history/b_flag.htm.....Naw it wasn't but that part made me laugh.

NIGHT MAYOR
06-11-2009, 03:59 AM
thanks for taking me seriously and dropping a jewel, your officialy off my shit list. peace.

check ya rep.:beer:

Compulsion
06-11-2009, 04:04 AM
thanks for taking me seriously and dropping a jewel, your officialy off my shit list. peace.

check ya rep.:beer:

hahaha word up! :b

Prolifical ENG
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
TSA was banned for a month if I remember so he has like 10 days left. I don't know about this Pat Bateman ban, I put him in the penalty box for 2 days a few days back, I guess I need to read up on it....he was sharing his account with other members or something?

New Wu-Tang music can be posted. However lets say its a RZA track, a title saying "new RZA track untitled" is acceptable and we can all masturbate to it and post it on our blaugs. A thread saying "new single on The Cure leaked" is unreasonable and you need paperwork.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
. I don't know about this Pat Bateman ban, I put him in the penalty box for 2 days a few days back, I guess I need to read up on it....he was sharing his account with other members or something?

How can you not know lol? I though you were the admin? I cant imagine Tomb came in and banned him.

But yaeh i gree with Huggah, this place is getting to gay recently, too strict.

Theres loads of new faggots running around unchecked, spamming most of the time, Pat Bateman does not deserve to be banned, at all.

I think if a majority of posters have a problem with some mods, its the mods that should go, not the posters. Its a site for the fans, not a site for a few moderators.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-11-2009, 12:34 PM
why hasn't slick been banned for his racist shit?

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77916&page=3

Huggasaurus Sex
06-11-2009, 12:47 PM
TSA was banned for a month if I remember so he has like 10 days left. I don't know about this Pat Bateman ban, I put him in the penalty box for 2 days a few days back, I guess I need to read up on it....he was sharing his account with other members or something?

New Wu-Tang music can be posted. However lets say its a RZA track, a title saying "new RZA track untitled" is acceptable and we can all masturbate to it and post it on our blaugs. A thread saying "new single on The Cure leaked" is unreasonable and you need paperwork.

thanks for the info but i still don't know what TSA did that warranted a 1 month ban or why wade didn't just change the title of the harbor masters thread so that we could masturbate to it in the comfort of the wu chamber instead of dan cooley's dank, creepy basement.

also, could you tell us what changes you have in mind for the site or if you're just looking to keep the status quo?

Prolifical ENG
06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Sure, changing thread titles works but still some people frown upon it. Check this thread for details. Are we still talking about that Chamber Music track or is this for the future?

I don't know if you are talking about the whole site of changes. I became admin mostly to look after the user housekeeping such as approving new members, changing usergroups, names, forum structure, etc. so Tomb can work more towards forum updates. In short I am just an admin, not webmaster. What changes should be made?

Senator C. Palantine
06-11-2009, 03:12 PM
What changes should be made?

Quit, faggit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Pro, this isnt so much an attack on you, but I think some of the mods, since you took over, have seen it as a chance to turn douche, because they see you possibly as soft.

Because they know you. You were a poster.

They feared Tomb.

Non of them were keen to fuck around so much, in case it turned out Tomb might de-mod them, because they didnt really know him, they couldnt be sure of their limits.

diggy
06-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I agree with what you mods are doing.

The corp is much better without spammers and dumb posting subjects.

^O^

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
06-11-2009, 07:47 PM
SunnyWinters deleted my post in KTL because I used facts to refute a statement that Gavin made.

Harsh language was necessary and completely justified in order to convey harsh truths.

He is emotional, biased, and his rhetoric should be offensive to any rational human being.

He is also a bow-tie-wearing retard faggot., in the truest sense of the term.

That being said, he is still entertaining in an ironic sort of way, so I vote that he is made KTL Furor for life. HEIL SUNNY!

It's like CharlesJones went to prison and some Muslims saved him from getting butt-raped, but he was too dumb to understand their literature, and then someone made him a mod on a hip-hop forum

LORD NOSE
06-11-2009, 07:55 PM
KTL is much better and much more civil now

06-11-2009, 07:59 PM
It is more civil because you have dissuaded everyone who disagrees with you, or who does not accept you as all-knowing, from participating.

battle?
06-11-2009, 08:04 PM
. What changes should be made?

take rae's "staten we go hard" off the main page music player
maybe make train trussle the lead song on the main page music player..
dopium does drop very soon..
its to bad there wasnt something from blackout 2 on there when it dropped..:spin:

Drunken Monk
06-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Peace to moderators

06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I just looked at KTL and the first thread I see is a permanent, stickied thread about
INFORMATION, and it features a Black Man post about the history of the New World Order.

Im not kidding.

LORD NOSE
06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
don't like it ?

stay out

its that simple -

its not for you

Huggasaurus Sex
06-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Sure, changing thread titles works but still some people frown upon it. Check this thread for details. Are we still talking about that Chamber Music track or is this for the future?

I don't know if you are talking about the whole site of changes. I became admin mostly to look after the user housekeeping such as approving new members, changing usergroups, names, forum structure, etc. so Tomb can work more towards forum updates. In short I am just an admin, not webmaster. What changes should be made?

the incident with the chamber music track got me thinking about this site and why people use it. it's easy to forget that the vast majority of the people who come here aren't gen chat rats or ktl trolls but are people who don't even sign in. they drop by briefly to check the wu chamber for new music or info on new music. we were all that kind of user before being sucked in.

so if any changes should be made, then it should be to make finding new music and info about new music (often via interviews) easier to find, as well as to facilitate discussion about the music. to be honest, i think the site did a better job of that back when it was wu dynasty. if i remember correctly a new track appeared as a blog entry which could then be discussed in the comments section.

jetset's site (http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/) is organized in that fashion and in the weeks leading up to the release of 8 diagrams i started checking his site before this one because it was better organized and regularly updated with the latest news, interviews, and tracks. i think he's been too busy to maintain it tho.

so my suggestion would be that instead of having a dozen mods patrolling the forums trying to engineer more "civil" discussions by banning users and deleting/gaying disagreeable threads, we should have those people maintain a blog style front page where only the most pertinent wu-tang news is posted. links to new music and discussion of that music should be easily found -- likewise for new interviews or other news items of interest. instead of a comments section each front page item could link directly to the corresponding thread in the wu-chamber to view discussion about it.

i think users like jammin and art would be willing to participate since they already do it in a fairly professional way in the wu chamber now. and it really wouldn't take all that much effort to maintain. that front page has been in need of a make over for a long time already.

as for the mod situation, the problem with wu-corp is that it's run more like a bureaucracy than a corporation -- there's little incentive for the people in charge to act in the best interest of the users. for all the content deletion and bans this place is no better than it was before. love him or hate him, TSA is wu-corp's most ubiquitous poster and a 1 month ban for posting a blowjob gif was draconian. i don't know exactly what pat did but that series of screen shots he posted just before being banned showed sunny giving him frivolous infractions for "inappropriate language" which is quite obviously an abuse of power. i think ghostlaced is right in thinking that, at least in sunny's case, he's testing the limits of what he can get away with and so far there seems to be nothing opposing him.

so less douchery from the cabinet members of the probama administration would be nice.

Compulsion
06-12-2009, 02:26 AM
It is more civil because you have dissuaded everyone who disagrees with you, or who does not accept you as all-knowing, from participating.

Basically....I don't see the point in the discussions in KTL because they are not discussions. It is let's find how many ways we can agree on something, and make statements that cannot be dis proven or proven. Not that I get the impression that anyone is actually questioning anything and just memorizing. So it isn't for me..I stay out. I prefer honest dialog with open minded people when it comes to serious subjects.

Compulsion
06-12-2009, 02:27 AM
the incident with the chamber music track got me thinking about this site and why people use it. it's easy to forget that the vast majority of the people who come here aren't gen chat rats or ktl trolls but are people who don't even sign in. they drop by briefly to check the wu chamber for new music or info on new music. we were all that kind of user before being sucked in.

so if any changes should be made, then it should be to make finding new music and info about new music (often via interviews) easier to find, as well as to facilitate discussion about the music. to be honest, i think the site did a better job of that back when it was wu dynasty. if i remember correctly a new track appeared as a blog entry which could then be discussed in the comments section.

jetset's site (http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/) is organized in that fashion and in the weeks leading up to the release of 8 diagrams i started checking his site before this one because it was better organized and regularly updated with the latest news, interviews, and tracks. i think he's been too busy to maintain it tho.

so my suggestion would be that instead of having a dozen mods patrolling the forums trying to engineer more "civil" discussions by banning users and deleting/gaying disagreeable threads, we should have those people maintain a blog style front page where only the most pertinent wu-tang news is posted. links to new music and discussion of that music should be easily found -- likewise for new interviews or other news items of interest. instead of a comments section each front page item could link directly to the corresponding thread in the wu-chamber to view discussion about it.

i think users like jammin and art would be willing to participate since they already do it in a fairly professional way in the wu chamber now. and it really wouldn't take all that much effort to maintain. that front page has been in need of a make over for a long time already.

as for the mod situation, the problem with wu-corp is that it's run more like a bureaucracy than a corporation -- there's little incentive for the people in charge to act in the best interest of the users. for all the content deletion and bans this place is no better than it was before. love him or hate him, TSA is wu-corp's most ubiquitous poster and a 1 month ban for posting a blowjob gif was draconian. i don't know exactly what pat did but that series of screen shots he posted just before being banned showed sunny giving him frivolous infractions for "inappropriate language" which is quite obviously an abuse of power. i think ghostlaced is right in thinking that, at least in sunny's case, he's testing the limits of what he can get away with and so far there seems to be nothing opposing him.

so less douchery from the cabinet members of the probama administration would be nice.

Very true...

Prolifical ENG
06-12-2009, 09:23 AM

I too think about those people. I see those rare posters but frequent visitors post. Whenever they post it isn't about moderation, moreover the few douches posting shit replies in the wu chamber, not the moderated threads.

I want the front page to be updated like everyone else wants it to be. The only person that can do it is Tomb. One method Tomb thought of was make a news blogger account (which exists) then Tomb can take that blog from that account and put it on the front page. All mods have access to this NEWS blogger account but I guess many forgot. Perhaps those people that you mentioned can use that account and Tomb can check them every time he comes. I dont know how Tomb feels about anyone else controlling the front page. Of course for it yo be posted there it really needs some paperwork behind it.

The ones that complain about moderation the most are mosly those that are being micro-moderated. For what TSA did exactly I dont go around investigating everything but consider he has been banned before but from what you say it was a "hetrosexual blowjob". Consider this is far from the fist time he was banned so ban length increase. For what Pat did to be banned has nothing to do with Sunny. When he spammed KTL a put him in the penalty box for 2 days because it seemed like he was drunk.

For Sunny being a mod, I knew exactly what he was going to do before he was a mod and I knew that people would complain about it. I thought the process was going to be quicker though.

Drunken Monk
06-13-2009, 05:45 AM
don't like it ?

stay out

its that simple -

its not for you

hahhaa

yea

pece dude

crass
06-13-2009, 12:17 PM
KTL has always been the worst part of WTC. If you aren't a holocaust-denier, a white dude choking on black dick, or some paranoid Muslim/5%er, then there's no reason to post there anyway.

Wade has always been horrible, that's nothing new. Where's 36 Chambers? Black man is god.

Even though he modded SW, peace to Pro and his Tommy Bahama.

Prolifical ENG
06-13-2009, 03:19 PM
peace to Pro and his Tommy Bahama.

Crass! hahahaha :mexico:

Uncle Steezo
06-13-2009, 11:29 PM
After... the laughter....

EAGLE EYE
06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
hahahahhahahahhahah this thread is hilarious

Huggasaurus Sex
06-14-2009, 11:05 PM
I too think about those people. I see those rare posters but frequent visitors post. Whenever they post it isn't about moderation, moreover the few douches posting shit replies in the wu chamber, not the moderated threads.

I want the front page to be updated like everyone else wants it to be. The only person that can do it is Tomb. One method Tomb thought of was make a news blogger account (which exists) then Tomb can take that blog from that account and put it on the front page. All mods have access to this NEWS blogger account but I guess many forgot. Perhaps those people that you mentioned can use that account and Tomb can check them every time he comes. I dont know how Tomb feels about anyone else controlling the front page. Of course for it yo be posted there it really needs some paperwork behind it.

The ones that complain about moderation the most are mosly those that are being micro-moderated. For what TSA did exactly I dont go around investigating everything but consider he has been banned before but from what you say it was a "hetrosexual blowjob". Consider this is far from the fist time he was banned so ban length increase. For what Pat did to be banned has nothing to do with Sunny. When he spammed KTL a put him in the penalty box for 2 days because it seemed like he was drunk.

For Sunny being a mod, I knew exactly what he was going to do before he was a mod and I knew that people would complain about it. I thought the process was going to be quicker though.

it's too bad tomb isn't more actively involved in the site. if he's too busy then there's gotta be another wu-tang nerd out there with web experience who can do a better job of organizing this site.

[eats a piece of dried, sugared kiwi]

and yes, of course front page news items should have a higher degree of fact checking behind them than user-generated content in the chamber.

[still chewing kiwi]

i really don't know what there is to say about the moderation except that i can't really see the harm in reducing the number of mod actions in general. moderate the level of moderation, if you will.

[satisfied, grabs another piece of kiwi]

Huggasaurus Sex
06-14-2009, 11:18 PM
oh one more thing, i think having sunny mod KTL was a brilliant move (no sarcasmo). i've always supported this decision, as long as he stays in his cage.

a wu-tang web forum is not the proper place to be debating about the health threats of eating pork or whether black man is or isn't god, at least not in the knowledge section. pork will kill you, black man is god, and the 30 year old white dude pretending to be black on the wu-tang web forum knows that better than anyone.

[wipes fingers on pants, types final bracketed thought]

EAGLE EYE
06-14-2009, 11:27 PM
hahahahahhahaha wtf

06-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Please elaborate on this, Pro.

You have always seemed like a fair and rational guy and a good choice for admin. But you obviously know that Sunny is biased, bigoted, vengeful, and stupid.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Is this some sort of fucked up Canadian joke I don't understand?

Prolifical ENG
06-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Please elaborate on this, Pro.

You have always seemed like a fair and rational guy and a good choice for admin. But you obviously know that Sunny is biased, bigoted, vengeful, and stupid.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Is this some sort of fucked up Canadian joke I don't understand?

I can tell you here. Sunny and Visions have seen KTL from the beginning and understand the concept of it. Keep in mind KTL isn't simply a debate center. Although sometimes it could be, it is supposed to be quite the opposite.

The last few months before there was any mod in KTL after LHX has gone, the balance was way off. The topics were OK and I admit that TSA made many good topics there. However, I started to see too many ad hominems thrown around there. They always existed before but it became a contest and then some notoriously started calling each other "faggots" after saying their opinion. Wash your hands after leaving general chat. Out of all threads made I hate when retaliation threads are made for strong disbelief of another topic and a few months ago it was at a high.

In KTL you say your opinion. You still have to be careful how you present your opinion. As I said before I knew how people would react when making Sunny mod, I thought those same people would start to be more careful on how they present their ideas. Either they were more careful or they just wouldn't bother.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree that all gen chat styled posting should be restricted to gen chat only.

otherwise the entire forum turns into a joke.

but you should never restrict people from stating an opinion.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM

I don't think that happenned.

LORD NOSE
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM

you just contradicted yourself

food for thought
06-21-2009, 02:57 AM
i support the mods decisions regarding the banning of these two specimens.

keep up the good work.