PDA

View Full Version : Strangers in a strange land

LORD NOSE
06-11-2009, 09:04 PM
STRANGERS IN A STRANGE LAND

The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. When you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, lawyers, students. People. Everywhere you look, there are people. Somewhere else, somewhere in the future they may be human beings but here these people are a part of the system. That makes every one of them our enemy. It is important to understand that if you are not one of us, you are one of them.
--Morpheus

ACCESSING THE MATRIX NEO: This isn't real? MORPHEUS: What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about your senses what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

RESUSCITATION
I didn't say that it would be easy, Neo. I just said that it would be the truth.
-Morpheus

more soon come

Kemeticly Doubs
06-11-2009, 10:10 PM
my people...pay attention....n open your mind.....n get ready...

Dirty Knowledge
06-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Who gets to be Morpheus? I don't mind being Neo. Or Mouse. AS long as Im not Cypher

LORD NOSE
06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
be Dirty Knowledge - we can use the characters moves to learn from

diggy
06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
be Dirty Knowledge - we can use the characters moves to learn from

They have breakdowns of the meanings of the matrix on the internet. Yes, there are lessons in it.

Dirty Knowledge
06-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Yo where's the more????

LORD NOSE
06-12-2009, 08:45 PM
soon come

LORD NOSE
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
BIRTH OF THE RESISTANCE: AWAKENINGS When the Matrix was first built there was a man born inside that had the ability to change what he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was this man that freed the first of us and taught us the secret of the war; control the Matrix and you control the future.
-Morpheus

FREEING THE MIND
SPOON BOY : Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.
NEO: What truth?

SPOON BOY: That there is no spoon.

Neo nods, staring at the spoon.

NEO: There is no spoon.

SPOON BOY: Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

LORD NOSE
06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

Neo: What is the Matrix?

Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

Agent Smith:
I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

LORD NOSE
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I'm sorry...
Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?
Oracle: Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

http://i.pbase.com/u40/weed30/upload/25997478.scratch.gif

LORD NOSE
03-07-2011, 04:00 PM
[Nonaka and Alexa talk of converting a intelligent machine to help them]

Alexa: Will it...? Do you think it will convert?

Nonaka: To convert is its choice to make.

Alexa: Do you think we ought to reprogram it?

Nonaka: No. We can't make slaves of them.

Alexa: Because that would be simpler.

Nonaka: We won't beat the machines by making them our slaves. Better to let them join us by choice.

Alexa: Make them believe the right choice is the one we want.

Nonaka: All right. Yes, machines are tools. They're made to be used. It's their nature.

Alexa: To be slaves.

Nonaka: That's why we show them a better world, why they convert.

Alexa: But that world we show them isn't real.

Nonaka: It doesn't matter.

Alexa: I'm afraid they'll figure out that we've made up the thing in our heads.

Nonaka: They can't tell the difference. To an artificial mind, all reality is virtual. How do they know that the real world isn't just another simulation? How do you?

Alexa: I know I' m not dreaming now because I know what its like being in a dream.

Nonaka: So dreaming lets you know that reality exists?

Alexa: No. Just that my mind exists. I don't know about the rest.

LORD NOSE
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Zion Archive Computer: In the beginning, there was man. And for a time, it was good. But humanity's so-called civil societies soon fell victim to vanity and corruption. Then man made the machine in his own likeness. Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.

hagakure360
03-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Took almost a decade of watching the matrix series from time to time but if it wasn't for visiting the wu knowtheledge by chance tonight, i wouldn't understand. Sunnywinters, or anyone else, I believe what is being implied is that an individual can create his reality by the act of thinking, visualizing and believing. What's your view?

PALEHORSE
03-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Took almost a decade of watching the matrix series from time to time but if it wasn't for visiting the wu knowtheledge by chance tonight, i wouldn't understand. Sunnywinters, or anyone else, I believe what is being implied is that an individual can create his reality by the act of thinking, visualizing and believing. What's your view?

rep

Fatal Guillotine
03-23-2011, 09:57 AM
STRANGERS IN A STRANGE LAND

[CENTER] The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. When you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, lawyers, students. People. Everywhere you look, there are people. Somewhere else, somewhere in the future they may be human beings but here these people are a part of the system. That makes every one of them our enemy. It is important to understand that if you are not one of us, you are one of them.
--Morpheus

I always found the first part of the matrix interesting. When Morpheus was talking about the matrix to Neo, he wasnt referring to the matrix in the movie. Instead he was referring to capitalism and the current system.

He description does not fit the matrix in the film, and instead he is simply describing that we are current in a system of control.

The audience then is taken into a world of fantasy.

LORD NOSE
06-10-2011, 03:24 PM
up