PDA

View Full Version : Indian rioters are hypocrites

The Hound
06-16-2009, 05:42 AM
So, Diggy, you have avoided all of my responses in the other thread, what do you make of this article? Should Australians still be ashamed? Why should they be ashamed in the first place?

Indian rioters are hypocrites

By Harpeet Bhagrath
June 16, 2009 12:00am

IT is laughable the way Indians are going bonkers lately over racism in Australia. Come on! Take it easy on Australia. Before judging others, let's look at our own country.

Australians are much better than the majority of us Indians, who treat ethnic Biharis so condescendingly that even a stray dog would feel better by comparison. If that's not racism, tell me what is.

What we do to those from Nepal or African countries needs no elaboration. We divide the human race into low caste, and upper caste. Is that not racism? We are Indians. We are racists by definition. We've no business calling others racists.

Besides Indian hypocrisy, what really gets me is the utter lack of gratitude. Australians give us the best jobs and an excellent standard of living. How many Africans and Nepalese, who migrate to India, have been given good jobs?

During five years of studying and working in Australia, no one made more than a passing remark at me. Now, all of a sudden, I hear this Australian racism crap. I don't buy it.

I mean, seriously, such amiable and courteous people cannot, all of a sudden, turn into remorseless racists. Australians are much more tolerant of other cultures than we are. We, I reckon, are so wrongly known for our tolerance. M.K. Gandhi may have contributed to this image of India being a tolerant nation but after he passed away, it's just been all downhill.

Anyway, let me give you my take on these recent "racist" attacks on Indian students in Australia. I reckon it was probably just a group of youngsters who don't know any better. They were on drugs and they got bored. Usually they pick on each other but this time a few Indians wandered by for a change.

Besides, violence is a part of life in Australia. Australians are much more violent towards each other. With punches flying all around, what if a few Indians get hit a bit? As an Aussie would say: "If you can't handle the heat, stay out of kitchen."

Why go to Australia in the first place? Why not return to India if you don't like it? Otherwise just shut your beak and stop being such a hypocrite.
And even if Australians are a little critical of us Indians, come to think of it, don't we deserve the criticism? Don't we deserve it when everyone else is being polite and quiet and we shout out loud?

Every society has its own parameters of excepted behaviour. Smooching in public, so deplorable in India, is absolutely acceptable in Australia. When in Rome, you gotta do the Roman thing. Otherwise you leave yourself open to criticism.

If my fellow Indians raise an objection to all that I've had to say, I'll understand their point of view. The truth hurts.

Harpreet Bhagrath is an Indian national and editor of themoneytimes.com.http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25639989-5001030,00.html

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-16-2009, 05:48 AM
I think you should be ashamed of your physical appearence.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I think you should be ashamed at your desperate cries for attention from another man, bonerfarm.

so because one indian editorial disagrees with the protesters it means they're hypocrites?

this is like a kid justifying saying nigger by saying 'well mike's black and he doesn't have a problem with it'

come on

seriously

come on
http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/300x375/5368913.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
THe article is on point.

The caste system is all you need to really know, but his elaborations are correct.

The whole crying racism thing is really off base in most of these non American instances.

For one thing, what happened between blacks and whites in AMerica does not pertain to other countries and cultures.

Its ridiculous to think that foreigner do not and have not gotten razzled by some of its host country residents.

You will see this at the smallest level of human living.

People are overly sensitive and super hypocritical.

The Hound
06-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I think you should be ashamed at your desperate cries for attention from another man, bonerfarm.

so because one indian editorial disagrees with the protesters it means they're hypocrites?

this is like a kid justifying saying nigger by saying 'well mike's black and he doesn't have a problem with it'

come on

seriously

come on
http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/300x375/5368913.jpg

So, you have no rebutal to this argument? I didn't think so.

It's funny how when it is Black people putting the "foreigners" down it is nothing but when it is perceived to be white people it is an issue.