PDA

View Full Version : Donkey Kong Country SNES

noel411
06-16-2009, 10:51 PM
So I helped my brother move into his new apartment a couple of weeks ago, and after setting up his SNES I went through a bunch of games with little interest until I put in Donkey Kong Country and instantly became hooked, again. I spent a good part of the time I was up there re-living past memories with this game, 1 player and 2. My brother and I used to always play this series back in the day, so it was just like old times.

I went up to his apartment again last weekend and managed to find a bit of time to work some more on my saved game, and will continue to do so whenever I go up there. Then I will play through part 2 and eventually part 3 (he owns them all).

I'd have to say that this series ranks up there with Street Fighter and Tony Hawk Pro Skater as my favourite games series ever, and that it would be the best game in its genre ever (I don't even know what genre it is. I'm not a video games person).

When I get a job I might even try to track down an old SNES and this series of games, on ebay.

Any other fans?

Hollow Dartz
06-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah man, I still have all 3 in my closet, I remember playing this shit as a youngbull. I came home from school did my homework and hopped right on the SNES. Memories, I think 2 is my favorite out of the series and it has the best soundtrack.

KZA
06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
just download it and play it on the comp.

i enjoyed 2 more cause the song on when you go on the rollercoaster but 1 was a classic

Sky Blue Bally Kid
06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah I loved that game, the graphics were incredible for it's time. I liked causing a rawkus on the rhino, lol.

METHODKillah36
06-19-2009, 07:48 AM
just download it and play it on the comp.

i enjoyed 2 more cause the song on when you go on the rollercoaster but 1 was a classic

WORD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTLga_Me-Us

p-rok73
06-19-2009, 04:40 PM
GREAT game... I wish the game companies would continue to make 2D games like these. However New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a step in the right direction.

OB4CL2
06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
playing old games is the fucking shit. brings back a lot of memories and happiness. i found

mortal kombat 1, donkey kong, mario all-stars, and all these other games in some box

once. i was happy as fuck

noel411
06-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah I played a bit of Mortal Kombat 1 while I was up there too. It's a great game but I can never get used to pressing a button to block, because I'm so used to Street Fighter.

OB4CL2
06-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Mortal Kombat imo has to be one of the best series of video games.

KZA
06-19-2009, 10:35 PM
WORD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTLga_Me-Us

thats what im talking about

Kong
06-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah donkey kong was the shit.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
i think donkey kong was the last game i ever played. i sold the snes i had and haven't bothered with video games since.

i had the handheld donkey kong game back in the 80s, so that was the first ever game i played.

Bloo
06-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Hell yeah I still play that shit! I bought all three games on the Virtual console. Everytime I load one of em up I gotta turn the speakers up. The music in this game is bangin!