PDA

View Full Version : U-God - Dopium

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-17-2009, 03:11 PM
1st and 4most MAKE SURE YOU SUPPORT THIS ALBUM AND BUY IT- I ALREADY PRE ORDERED 2 WEEKS AGO, DO THE SAME.

Ive listened one time, first impression are this album is fuccin heavy in wu bangers lol.

Beats are grungy but clean, in fact they sound like updated Forever beats in a lot of places, which makes sense because thats when Uey was on fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Train Trussle - 10. Straight up. This shit doesnt get tired. All verses. Scotty's flow and word choices are amazing.

God is Love - 10. Album highlight. Cappa sounds so smoove, much more than he has done recently for some reason on his own shit. KP kills it. Beat is just butta.

Stomp da Roach 10. WTF ANOTHER AMAZING BEAT. I honestly havent heard a hip hop album in 09 with these many ill beats. Scotty again comign outta no where with heat.

Lipton - 7. Kinda interesting, good idea to put in a up tempo track here. keeps things moving.

Cocaine - 8.5. LOL ANOTHER BEASTIN BEAT. Hard as fuck.

Magnum Force - 9. One of my favorite songs on the album. Jimmy went in and did his thing, real smooth verse rode the beat NICE. Sheek added more NY street shit. Good to hear both these guys on a Uey album.

Hips - 6.5. Kinda weird lol like an 80's dance funk track. I could def see this being played in a club though.

Wu-Tang - 8. Beat goes hard AGAIN sticking with the main sound of the album. Id like to know whos prodcuing these tracks.

Dopium - 8.5 Sick. Classic wu sound still.

Rims Pokin Out - 6. Keeping it interesting, not a bad track. NOt as good as the rest though.

New Classic - 8 Base heavy. Large P on the boards, uses his pianos like youd expect!!. Solid ending.

*ignores the remixes*

Overall - 8.5 :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the first half is incredible. 2nd half has lower points, but overall this has so many bangers on it its def gonna be up there with some of the best Wu Solo's.

Def one of the best post 2000. I really wanna know who did the beats.

So many highlight, congrats Uey, you did the Wu tang name proud :b

Young Gun
06-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Great album!

01. Train Trussle (Featuring Ghostface And Scotty Wotty) 10/10

Classic. Great way to start things off, everyone goes hard. Flawless.

02. God Is Love (Featuring Cappadonna And Killah Priest) 10/10

Another classic. Cappa really stepped up for this.

03. Stomp Da Roach (Featuring GZA And Scotty Wotty) 10/10

Classic. Lots of energy, very aggressive.

04. Lipton (Featuring Mike Ladd) 10/10

Classic. This is my shit! Has a very bouncy feel to it.

05. Coke (Featuring Raekwon And Slaine of La Coka Nostra) 10/10

Classic. Everyone goes hard on this. Has an evil feel.

06. Magnum Force (Featuring Jim Jones And Sheek Louch) 9/10

The track holds together very well. Jim Jones surprised me, although I feel if one of the generals were on here it'd be even better.

07. Hips 7.5/10

These type of tracks have been done so many times before, but Uey paints a great picture, making it unique.

08. Wu-Tang (Featuring Method Man) 10/10

Classic. High energy with a banging beat, can't go wrong.

09. Dopium 10/10

Classic. Uey holds it down.

10. Rims Pokin Out (Featuring Lethaface) 7/10

Uey paints a good picture as he did with Hips. It fits in well with the album's feel.

11. New Classic (Featuring Large Professor) 10/10

Classic. Classic U-God, just spittin venom.

Overall: 103.5/110. Classic.

U-God brought it back to that old school sound. Everything flows together. This is like one of those little sampler appatizers, there's something for everyone; almost seems like a re-worked Golden Arms Redemption. I think U has finally found his "sound" as a solo artist.

food for thought
06-17-2009, 04:20 PM
yo wtf

is this out already?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-17-2009, 04:25 PM
^not yet it leaked and i couldnt wait for it to arrive.

food for thought
06-17-2009, 04:26 PM
^ yea i just noticed its all over the net

Tage
06-17-2009, 04:26 PM
fuck..... randomly scrolling down a release site and seen this on the list. banger!

Tage
06-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Wu-Tang music, this is how its supposed to sound.

Sweet Tartz
06-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Thought I should drop my review. U-God I know you're waiting for this....

1. Train Trussle (Featuring Ghostface Killah & Scotty Wotty)

This is the album opener right here and this goes hard. I love the horns on the beat and the vibe of the track. Ghostface comes in with a reused verse (Check out "Put It On The Line" Album), but it still fits well with the beat and it sounds real good so no complaints at all, U-God drops a nice verse and rides the beat real well a very good way to start off an album. Scotty Wotty delivers some heat on here aswell, he sounds like a more raw/smooth version of Gza but Gza has better lyrics, he still comes through on this track, which is top 3 on this album without a doubt. 4.5/5

2. God Is Love (Featuring Cappadonna & Killah Priest)

Cappadonna comes in real nice on this track, he sounds better than he has been in the last few years, drops a nice gem for the people on here, U-God has an ok verse on here, I think he could've flowed better on this one and came better overall. Killah Priest just smashes his verse, this was a perfect track from him to rhyme on it he drops a gem on here. Heard this beat numerous times but this is still a banger that never gets old. 4/5

3. Stomp The Roach (Featuring Scotty Wotty & Gza)

Scotty Wotty is back sounding pretty good and keeps this track going hard, U-God comes in and does his job, one thing I love about U-God is his "Straight In Your Face" style, he just throws it right at you plain and simple, but raw as fuck. Gza has a good spot on here and I'm very Glad to hear him sound like he has some energy on a track, he kills it lyrically. The Beat on this one is very dope and I like the theme of the track, another banger. 4/5

4. Lipton (Featuring Mike Ladd)

This is a wack track right here, U-God could've easily replaced this with an 8 Diagram throwaway track or something else, this track is wack all over. The beat is weak along with U-God's flow, when this first came on I couldn't even get through the first verse. This messed up the flow of the album. Hook is even worse. 2/5

5. Coke (Featuring Raekwon & Slaine)

The beat on here goes hard and Raekwon comes in and smashes his verse "All my goons is frustrated, boning their P.O.'s" and "We Darth Vaders" some ill lines by Raekwon to start this off, the hook could've been better on here but I can deal with it, U-God drops a dope verse he could've switched up his flow somewhat but it's still hard, Slaine comes THROUGH on here, this is the first time I heard him and he fucking delivers heat on this track "I bleed cociane" that's some I'll shit right there. 4/5

6. Magnum Force (Featuring Jim Jones & Sheek Louch)

Jim Jones on a Wu Track???? This shit still sounds hot and the beat is hard. Jimmy comes in with his wu-references keeping it real on here, none of that commercial shit and come through for the general, I love the beat switch up on the hook, they should've rapped over that part aswell, U-God drops some heat on his verse sounding grimey as fuck, but I think Sheek Louch took this one, his whole presence is felt on this track and he just is one with this beat, of course he killed this shit lyrically, dope lines after dope lines. A great track that I'm glad met my expectations. 4.5/5

7. Hips

Another wack cut by U-God, keep this shit on Mr. Xcitement. Everything is wack about this. 1/5

8. Wu-Tang (Featuring Method Man)

This title is VERY misleading. "Wu-Tang" is the title, when I read that I thought I was gonna hear some karate sounds in the back and some raw wu-sounding beat, instead we get some chopped & screwed weak ass hook on here and an ok beat that doesn't sound anything close to "Wu-Tang". U-God's verse was ASS on here, especially them first couple of bars, Method Man saves this track from any type of wackness, he sounds fresh off BO2 and rips this track. 3.5/5

9. Dopium

This my shit right here "By Time I finish You Gonna Be A Fiend MotherFucka!!!" That shit cracks me up everytime, The beat is enough to give this track a 4/5, U-God comes in on here spitting Dopium just as the track, I like his last verse the most he just throws his shit right at you keeping it fresh and raw. 4/5

10. Rims Poking Out (Featuring Lethafase)

I'm feeling this shit right here, I was blasting this hit on the highway just doing like 70 to it. Good to hear him and Lethafase on the same track again, I think he should've had a verse on here though, he would've ripped it I'm pretty sure he would, but anyways U-God keeps it fresh on here just having fun with it which is good sometimes. I'm feeling this one. 4/5

11. New Classic (Featuring Large Professor)

I think U-God could've came better on here overall, the beat is still hot, but this track is too short and U-God still had some heat left in him, you could tell my his last few bars he delivered on the track. Still a banger nonetheless. 4/5

Beats - 4/5
Lyrics - 4/5
Overall - 4/5

I think this is what exactly U-God promised us. DOPIUM. Although I do think he could've came better on some of these tracks, I was expecting him to come fresh off 8 Diagrams still spitting that heat, he gets outshined on half of tracks by his guests, and he only had 4 tracks by himself which he wasted 2 on "Mr.Xcitement" type shit, he could've easily left that out for some raw type shit. Besides that the beats are pretty good on here, he did a great job with the beat selection, this is what it says... DOPIUM. Oh Yeah, I hope yall didn't think I was gonna review them techno joints, they for the club, U-God is smart when White kids on E hear that shit at the club they gonna get a copy themselves..... ****Overall 4/5**** Wu-Banger

corky831
06-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Dopium is absolute fuckin flames!!!!!

Train trussle----10/10 (vintage Wu sound)
God Is Love---10/10 (CAPPA and Priest rippin this soulfull track)
Stomp Da Roach---10/10 (Scotty and GZA!! Sickness)
Lipton---10/10 (Sick party type track)
Cocaine---10/10 (Boomin beat wit sick rae slang)
Magnum Force--8.5/10 (nice verses from jimmy and sheek)
Hips----8.5/10 (Like the funky beat)
Wu-Tang---9/10 (Meth !!)
Dopium----10/10 (sick U-God Solo)
Rims Pokin Out---8/10 (nice song bout whips)
New Classic----10/10 (U-God ripped this one as well)

overall 9/10

Awesome album Wu-Banger.....I like it better than GAR.....sick beats and great verses from rae, ghost, scotty wotty, killah priest, GZA!!!, sheek, jim jones, slaine, Meth, and CAPPAA!!! Awesome album and of course U-God murked this shit!!!!

corky831
06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
voted superior just cuz we'll kno if its a classic with due time.......but best wu album since No Said Date!!!!!

Below Zero
06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
This is FIRE!

corky831
06-17-2009, 05:18 PM
i luv the godfather sample at the end of stomp the roach ....classic shit

Literate Type Asshole
06-17-2009, 08:25 PM
ok

admit it

who lit that fire up under cappa's ass?

Jin10304
06-17-2009, 08:45 PM
since "Somebodys Got To Go"

Wontonloogie
06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
u kids are jokes. First three songs are good rest is u-gods sweaty ballsack

POISON VENOM
06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Good Album better than I expected. GOOD NOT GREAT

YungSunny
06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
u kids are jokes. First three songs are good rest is u-gods sweaty ballsack

Funny how U-god's sweaty ballsack sounds better than this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/96/Doom_BornLikeThis.jpg/200px-Doom_BornLikeThis.jpg

Dr Zayus
06-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Guess I'm the only one who thinks the Yuksek remix is awesome.

THE W
06-17-2009, 11:38 PM
after first listen, uey didnt embarrass himself like he did with HSS and MrX but...

bring back god > dopium

Tonystarks420
06-18-2009, 12:26 AM
yo this shit is heat. FIRE. HOT

i knew uey would come through. this is by far the best wu solo ive heard in at LEAST the past 5 years.

the beats are fucken bangin, the guest spots are amazing, uey comes hard just like he has since 93'.

and yo im only half way through. im on Magnum force right now and id give this a 9/10 see how the next half goes but no way would this album be under a 8/10.

Fucken Superior.

Golden arms was classic for me. this is close behind

Poetic Wun
06-18-2009, 01:57 AM
1st remix: pretty good
2nd: not my style but i could see some folk likin it
3rd: whaaaatt the fuuuck??

superior tho.
grimey tape

GhettoGnom
06-18-2009, 07:11 AM
The rest of the generals needs to listen to Uey what the fans want (just not the techno/dance-shit..haha)

After about 3-4 listens:
Train trussle - 8.5/10 (Scotty Wotty is kind of average.. Beat is dope, should've been a bit more up-tempo. Uey & Ghost sounds nice)
God Is Love - 10/10 (Classic Wu. God is love love God is love love)
Stomp Da Roach - 8/10 (Nice beat, but also this a bit slow.. GZA is decent, U-God is dope, Wotty is still average)
Lipton - 8.5/10 (Dope track, not the type of track you'd want to listen to when you're too high though, cus it WILL trip you the fuck out. Chorus is actually greatness :D)
Cocaine - 9.5/10 (Great track, banging beat, U-God & Slaine kills it, Rae would've killed it with some extra energy.)
Magnum Force - 8/10 (Dope beat, Jim Jones comes average, U-God & Sheek both goes in pretty good)
Hips - 6/10 (Weakest track so far.. Chorus is terrible, beat is decent and the lyrics is pretty good, but U-God's flow is kind of 'meh')
Wu-Tang - 9/10 (Dope beat, Method sounds nice as always and U-God is cool.. Method Man & U-God works well together.)
Dopium - 8/10 (Pretty good Uey solo, some of the vocal sample parts during the verse should've been removed)
Rims Pokin Out - 8/10 (Beat is dope, chorus is both corny as fuck and kind of enjoyable in a special Uey-kinda way...)
New Classic - 9/10 (Dope beat, U-God comes good)
Stomp Da Roach Remix - 6.5/10 (I actually kind of like this..)

Not gonna rate the bonus tracks, but both of them sucks. The Hips remix is straight up some of the worst shit I've ever heard.

83 / 100

Album is overall great, transitions works well and U-god really put his work in...

Tage
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM
the Hips remix is one of the best tracks on the album...aahahaha banger!

edit... here you go...

1JUn0nY0AgQ

BRONZBODY
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Funny how U-god's sweaty ballsack sounds better than this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/96/Doom_BornLikeThis.jpg/200px-Doom_BornLikeThis.jpggood point..i like DOOM but that album is ass.....

dopium is that shit! cant wait 4 my copy to come in.

Tony Kipriani
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Train Trussle - 5/5

God is Love - 4/5

Stomp da Roach 4.5/5

Lipton - 5/5

Cocaine - 3/5

Magnum Force - 3/5

Hips - 3.5/5

Wu-Tang - 4/5

Dopium - 4/5

Rims Pokin Out - 3.5/5

New Classic - 4/5

remixes sucks

very good Album

oDoUoSoKo
06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Hips is the shit...eloels.

corky831
06-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I just cant believe u-god dropped a gem like this outta the blue....we need a video for sotin .....either god is love or stomp da roach

corky831
06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Lets just say U-god picked the perfect title for this album cuz its straight Dope-ium!!! And grimey just like the album pics of Uey

kempa
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
the remixes are a dope decision imo
the end is usually where most albums get wack and boring
2 or 3 tracks making a 180° turn from hip hop make the ending so fresh n so clean clean

Sweet Tartz
06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
WILL BE copping on tuesday after work.

Literate Type Asshole
06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
this isnt bad. beats are usually fine, and even the worst ones dont make the songs DOA, but u-god just raps like shit far too often. it's not exaggerating to say he gets shown up by every single guest mc on every single song that has a guest mc on it. he makes jim jones and sheek louch, not exactly G.O.A.T. candidates, sound like a pair of rakims. and the songs where there aren't any guest mcs are just bad (with the notable exception of new classic). his flow is completely embarassing at times. rims pokin out is horrible enough to be on mr. xcitement, and has what most be u-god's literally twenty-somethingst candidate for the title of "worst hip hop hook of all time".

the remixes are so wack it feels wrong to even acknowledge their existence with this sentence. and i, unlike i would imagine most people on this site, do listen to house music

i agree with wade, this isnt an embarassing album like uey's previous two but it's a long long way away from being a great one. it's probably about as good an album as we're ever going to get from dude though (its almost certainly his last anyway)

kaydigi
06-18-2009, 08:36 PM
this isnt bad. beats are usually fine, and even the worst ones dont make the songs DOA, but u-god just raps like shit far too often. it's not exaggerating to say he gets shown up by every single guest mc on every single song that has a guest mc on it. he makes jim jones and sheek louch, not exactly G.O.A.T. candidates, sound like a pair of rakims. and the songs where there aren't any guest mcs are just bad (with the notable exception of new classic). his flow is completely embarassing at times. rims pokin out is horrible enough to be on mr. xcitement, and has what most be u-god's literally twenty-somethingst candidate for the title of "worst hip hop hook of all time".

the remixes are so wack it feels wrong to even acknowledge their existence with this sentence. and i, unlike i would imagine most people on this site, do listen to house music

i agree with wade, this isnt an embarassing album like uey's previous two but it's a long long way away from being a great one. it's probably about as good an album as we're ever going to get from dude though (its almost certainly his last anyway)

I agree.

Tonystarks420
06-18-2009, 11:59 PM
yo second day of listening...........

EVEN BETTER

yo even the remixs arent half bad. u gotta think wu tang niggaz been tyen to appeal to other crowds the past couple years

Rza tryen to appeal to rock more with Achozen and live instruments on 8 diagrams
Ghost tryen to appeal to R n B heads with his pussy shit
and now Uey appealing to the techno heads.

i give this album a solid 8.5/10

and to me hips and rims poken out are ill tracks. shit is funky

davedigital360
06-19-2009, 06:01 AM
i dig the house remixes. U-god actually sounds alright on a house track. lol. Good fuckin' album overall. I never thought Uey could hold his own album. GAR was ok. The good tracks were banging but the bad ones were fucking horrible. I was so disappointed
back then I returned it. A few years back I DL'd it and bought it again. True story.

God is Love - this sample was used before, but I'm not sure by who. I'm thinking Roc-a-fella someone like Beannie or Jay-Z. What's that track that Face Mob was on with Jay?

Even that GZA track sounds like another beat I've heard

Shogah
06-19-2009, 07:55 AM
This is a collection of 10 banging songs.

IF u god wasn't so lazy to do the thing that he is payed for, and by the way enjoys doing it, and did 3 more songs with just him with no features this would be classic.

But u god will never create classic.

This album is the shit, don't get me wrong, i voted for supreme, but i'm pissed cause he could do much better than this.

He has only three solo songs on his album, if he made three more and replaced it with three shity remixes than we would have real album, not just banging songs with dope features.

Sweet Tartz
06-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Magnum force is hot! Say goodbye and ya gone!

Hellspawn
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Totally co-sign, I couldnt appreciate a single verse by U-god, he raps like an amateur and his lyrics are shit...I even think he's off beat on a few tracks... I can't stand his robotic flow/short lines style.
That album would be a banger without him.

EDIT : The chorus of hips make me vomit...WTF is that track ? exactely everything I hate about U-god compiled in a single track.

Eternal360z
06-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Naw... That shit is suprisingly hot...

New Hills 36
06-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Total Bangers - Train, God is Love,Stomp, Coke. Almost Total Bangers - Magnum, Wu Tang, Dopium. Not bad at all - Lipton, New Classic. Not a bad return. I'm pleased for U-God

LA zoo
06-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Not classic now, but will be.

Homebrew
06-20-2009, 12:05 AM
fucking bang that shit son!!!!

UncontrolledSubstans
06-20-2009, 11:36 AM
1. Train Trussle 5/5

Nice start for the album, the beat is banging and everyone comes hard and nice.

2. God Is Love 4/5

A good track, dont really feeling the beat and hook tho.

3. Stomp Da Roach 5/5

Really hard and grimy beat and Scotty Wotty and U-God kills it. Gza dont really fit on this beat tho.

4. Lipton 3/5

Nah this track dont works for me, U-God clowning around on a beat with a worthless hook.

5. Coke 4.5/5

Nice beat, rae comes hard.

6. Magnum Force 5/5

This is probably the best track on the album. The beat is banging and Jim Jones steals the show.

7. Hips 2/5

Apart from U-Gods flow, it's wack.

8. Wu-Tang 4/5

Nice beat, U-God and Meth are avarage at best tho.

9. Dopium 3.5/5

U-God are all over the beat and dont really makes any sence at all.

10. Rims Pokin Out 4/5

Typical Cool U-God track.

11. New classic 4/5

Very nice beat by Large Professor, the track is to short tho.

The first to remixes are kind of cool the last one is wack tho.

Good album.

duotone
06-20-2009, 12:16 PM
yoyoyo... i expect very good after this reviews....
i dont load that shit illegal on internet...
its like christmas... you have to wait till santa comes...
i listn to it on june 23rd...

but if you still dont know the productioncredits, here we are

1. Train Trussle feat. Ghostface Killah (of Wu-Tang Clan), Scotty Wotty (Produced By: Teddy Ted; J. Serbe)

2. God Is Love feat. Cappadonna, Killah Priest (of Sunz of Man) (Produced By: Teddy Ted; J. Serbe)

3. Stomp Da Roach feat. Gza (of Wu-Tang Clan), Scotty Wotty (Produced By: Teddy Ted; J. Serbe)

4. Lipton feat. Mike Ladd (Produced By: 4th Pyramid)

5. Coke feat. Raekwon (of Wu-Tang Clan), Slaine (of Special Teamz & La Coka Nostra), Y-Not Da Beast (Produced By: Da Beathoven)-

6. Magnum Force feat. Jim Jones, Sheek Louch (of D-Block) (Produced By: Hakim)

7. Hips (Produced By: The Twilite Tone)

8. Wu-Tang feat. Method Man (of Wu-Tang Clan) (Produced By: Andre Clarke)

9. Dopium (Produced By: Teddy Ted; J. Serbe)

10. Rims Pokin Out feat. Lethafase (Produced By: The Twilite Tone)

11. New Classic feat. Large Professor (formerly of Main Source) (Produced By: Large Professor)

12. Stomp Da Roach (Bloody Beetroots Remix) feat. Gza (of Wu-Tang Clan), Scotty Wotty (Bonus) (Produced By: Bloody Beetroots)

13. Dopium (Yuksek Remix) (Bonus) (Produced By: Yuksek)

14. Hips (Felix Cartel Remix) (Bonus) (Produced By: Felix Cartel)

lynskey
06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
8/10 album for me.
Only track I dislike is that damn Hips song, fucking awful.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-20-2009, 03:36 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/mixcdny/ugod.jpg
From the heat U-God has usually brought on seminal wu-releases from his verse on “Da Mystery of Chess boxing” to his solo offerings uey has always had the gas to fumigate the game with his own brand. But since dropping the mixtape or album Mr. Excitement to underwhelming reviews you would a counted him out now but bringing back to the slum of shaolin you’ll soon see he hasn’t lost a step, so enter the “Dopium” era of things.
From the jump after a little Mike Tyson intro to the banged out drums that aren’t forgiving to the ear of the listen on “Train Trussle” to the hard knock graveling sound scapes of “God is Love” to the hard nose boom bap solid hard baseline drums of “Wu-Tang”. The album has that U-God flare that was present and accounted for on his debut and he has seemed to return back to the grimy slightly dim light sound on his debut, “Golden Arms Redemption”. The only stumble the album takes is the three un-needed remixes that just wasn’t necessary at all.

One of the dopest prolly underrated songs on “Dopium” is “Lipton” featuring musical poet Mike Ladd and this song is oft kilter but has that wu esq flavor to it where you can still enjoy it. The song isn’t so experimental as a lot of rappers try and do these days. For the most part this album is a straight hard knock boom bap album in 2009 that this year could get.

Overall this album is a definitely 3 out of 5 it’s a very good album but in this mind of hardcore hip hop fan that is also a wu-fan at heart I’m loving this album but nothing strong sticks out except Uey’s straight up lyricism. And maybe that’s enough for me but I wished it was slight longer in length without the trashy remixes but beggars can’t be choosers can they? I don’t know but this fan as satisfied as they come.

Rating: 3 out of 5

miha
06-20-2009, 04:44 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Train Trussle, God Is Love, Stomp Da Roach

First of all, Dopium has one of best beginnings when it comes to Wu-Tang related albums released in the past 10 years. Train Trussle, God Is Love and Stomp Da Roach are all Wu bangers, with dope lineup (U-God, Ghostface, Scotty Wotty, Gza and KP). I simply feel the vibe of all these tracks as they all have strong Wu-Tang sound in them. Furthermore, U-God proved on these tracks that he can be one of the best when it comes to hooks (I've just remembered Another Riddle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PD1LZl1sYQ) as an example; too bad that Cappa changed the hook on album version of the track) I usually don't like hooks in rap songs, especially when they're unnecessary, but these 3 hooks are all on point. The leading tracks out of these three is God Is Love imho. Cappa is flowing on this track like he did back in the days, beat has that vintage Wu sound, U-God and KP are on point both lyrically (lyrically are better than Cappa, but Cappa just suits the beat perfectly) and flow-wise.
What's so appealing on the other two tracks? One of the strongest points regarding Stomp Da Roach and Train Trussle is Scotty Wotty's appearance. It's nice to hear something new, something refreshing and even more importantly, something that is of Wu-Tang quality. Despite the fact that Scotty probably haven't rhymed for a long time, I can recognize his qualities and I feel somehow bad for him that drugs kept him away from the original Clan. However, there's not worth in crying over spilt milk – I do hope so, that we'll get more Scotty Wotty features on upcoming Wu-Tang releases.

Lipton

After the first three tracks there's a significant fall in quality of the tracks. Lipton track is something special because of the new, so far unheard U-God's flow technique, which is not that bad, but it still can't compare to Uey's original flow. The most disturbing part of this track, in contrast with first three tracks is definitely the hook. Mike Ladd ruins this track imo.

Coke

The next track, Coke, I probably anticipated the most, due to the Raekwon feature and the title of the track. Rae has been on fire recently, dropping some nice jewels who got me hyped for OB4CL part II, however there's a strong lack of energy being put in this track by The Chef. I'm also not fond of the hook again, but luckily U-God and Slaine are dope later in a track. What bothers me the most when it comes to tracks Lipton and Coke is the strong lack of Wu-Tang sound.

Magnum Force

This is true also for the next track, Magnum Force, but in contrast to the previous two tracks is pretty dope. Magnum Force's sound is on some elaborated sound (just like Dopium). Even though that one might be against Jim Jones being featured on the Wu-Tang album, he comes hard on the track and he deserves his place on the album. Thankfully the hook is of a nice quality + I like the beat change during the chorus.

Hips

Hips features itneresting beat, nice U-God's flow and bothering chorus. This track is a club joint, I somehow feel that this beat has much more potential.

Wu-Tang

I have expected more from this track, due to the title. Wu-Tang track has not the best hook and vibe, but what's noticeable - nice Method Man''s appearance and Uey coming hard on this as well.

Dopium

Dopium is another outstanding track on this album (it's on the same level as Train Trussle, God Is Love, Stomp Da Roach). The sample in the very start of the track is really banging and I was dissapointed at first that it doesn't continue throughout the whole joint. However, the beat that's later on is quality as well, with some intriguing vocal samples and it suits U-God's third techinque of flow perfectly. I'm glad that this track is among the best tracks on the album, which proves that U-God doesn't need features in order to make dope album. I have a feeling that he might have made tracks like Lipton and Coke better if they're just his solo tracks.

Rims Pokin' Out

Another club joint, similar to Hips (with wacker beat though). I have expected Leathaface to have a verse on it, but not the hook which is again pretty disturbing in my opinion. Furthermore, I have never liked car themes in rap tracks and this track is not an exception. This track should't be on a album that has only 11 tracks. It has that sound of the filler tracks that some artists put on +20 tracks long albums. Here Uey made a mistake.

New Classic

Large Professor doesn't dissapoint on the beat and it sounds even doper due to the fact that follows Rims Pokin Out. Another U-God's solo, with nice female vocals, the only negative side of the track is that it's too short.

Stomp Da Roach (Remix), Dopium (Remix), Hips (Remix)

The rap part of the album is followed by three techno remixes and two out of three (Stomp Da Roach and Dopium) are even though that I'm not fond of this type of music rather fair. Especially Dopium remix, which has that dope sample from the original track in the hook. I can imagine techno heads partying to this track + this track being a summer hit. Hips (Remix) is on some Rims Pokin' Out state of mind and it should have been omiited from the album imho.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

To conclude, album has four superior tracks – Train Trussle, God Is Love, Stomp Da Roach and Dopium all produced by the same two producers, legendary Teddy Ted and to me unknown J. Sebre. I wish this duo would have produced the whole album as they really have the ability to bring that Wu sound. Big props to both of them!
Then come two Wu bangers – Magnum Force and New Classic, that both could have been better (first lacks Wu sound, has too much features, which prevented Uey to fully shine on the track, the second one is too short).
After this 6 tracks (out of 11 total) there's unfortunately a considerable fall in quality – Lipton, Coke, Hips, Wu-Tang and especially Rims Pokin' Out which just doesn't fit in the album's structure.
Album is somewhere between banger and mediocre. I might go with the banger, because the best tracks on the album completely overshine the bad ones and are certainly among the best tracks that have been put out of the Wu campus in last 10 years.
Before I've listened to the album I've watched again Rise Of A Fallen Soldier DVD and I've seen what U-God's position in the Clan looked like. I'm glad that U-God proved the world that he can do a Wu banger without the help of RZA and other Wu-Tang related producers. Uey was on his own with this project and he succeeded. I really do hope so that this album isn't his last one, as he can definitely do a much better work next time. However, the most important thing is that he showed hip hop community that is capable to play a role of an executive producer, capable of getting enough promotion for his album and that he has grown up as a person, being musically independent and has fulfilled his goal – completing album on his own.
I really do hope that the fans will recognize the realness of this album (I'd like to stress out once again that album has superior tracks + we all can admit that U-God's grimey voice is just flamboyant + he tries different flow techniques on the album and all are dope + covers and album title are dope). I really do hope so that fans will forget about their Wu-Tang-wannabe-related-artists and give U-God's some support. I bet he can come harder next time and believe me - no matter how other Wu artist out of the original Clan struggle to bring the Wu back on the map, the original members are still the only one capable of bringing the Wu-Tang state of mind back to the streets (especially unsung heroes like U-God and Masta Killa together with "stars" GZA and Raekwon). Let's support them as time runs fast and their presence in music industry might soon come to an end.

Wu-Tang Forever!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on, God is love, everybody say God is love
Come on, ya'll say God is love
God is love, love, God is love, love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhidu4vqEo)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I have forgotten to stress out something important regarding this release. At the end of last year U-God has released a mixtape as a prelude to Dopium, titled Bring Back God. That mixtape is a perfect example of how artists should promote their albums. It featured snippets of Stomp Da Roach, God Is Love, New Classic (ok, also Hips and Rims Pokin' Out) and they all got me hyped for the album and as a result I've placed a preorder as soon it became available on some of the reliable sites. The majority of all other stuff was banging as well, having strong Wu sound and Uey's dope verses. I thought - if that was only worth to be put on a mixtape then the whole album must be on out of this world.
After this mixtape U-God has put out first single off Dopium, Train Trussle and I was even more hyped. I actually wasn't expecting that he has "leaked" the best stuff off the album. But he did. And that was a superb move by U-God. I have to congratulate him on that. He made probably a lot of people to preorder the album. From this "story" one can conclude, that U-God knows exactly what Wu fans are striving for. I believe that he's capable of releasing a whole album with around 15 tracks, all of a high-quality, just like Stomp Da Roach, God Is Love,...
To conclude, I can agree with some of the users here on Corp to some extension that Bring Back God had better tracks than Dopium, but it's really hard to compare mixtapes and albums.
Imagine this:
instead of Rims Pokin' Out, Hips, Lipton and Coke, U-God put on Universal Law, Dilla&Zilla, Men2mice, Winner's circle (off bring Back God). That would have been just pure dopeness.
Once again - Bring Back God is a perfect example of how artists should promote their album. Props Uey!
Bring Back God is one of my favourite Wu-Tang related mixtapes and Dopium is on some U-God's Supreme Clientele state of mind (i have read that somwehere on here on the boards). I hope it'll get even better with more listens. Now I'm going back to sniff some of that Dopium!

I voted Banger.

JCORTIZZLE
06-21-2009, 01:00 PM
ayo why r heads saying the remixes suck.
To me Dopium(Remix) is what it is . Dope

sd-cd
06-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Voted banger.
These remixes suck. And why? Because I listen to Wu for the Hip Hop music.
(The only one I could stand is Stomp the Roach RMX).
The album would be classic if there weren't:
1) Hips,
2) Hips remix,
3) Dopium remix,
4) Rims pokin out.
*5) New classic should be longer.
And there should be 1 or 2 more songs.

Luza
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
cant wait to get this album.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Voted banger.

And there should be 1 or 2 more songs.

yeah that and the wu-tang song shoulda featured mo clans member everybody but deck and rza was on this album

sd-cd
06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
What I really can't stand is: Hips, Hips RMX :) For real. Nice album overall. It's the best Wu Album since...hmm...5 years? I'm kinda mad at U-God he didn't cut off the remixes and that Mr.X style stuff. Anyway-he cooked a very good album. So I'm also very happy :thumbup:

beautifulrock
06-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Dopium: Don't call it a classic

There are two sides to Baby Yousef's new album Dopium. There's the as expected, sloppy, mistake filled U-God of the past, picking nonsense off key hooks and sometimes stumbling over his own tongue to spit out verses, and then there's this new and improved Baby-U who spits complex intellectual rhymes and embraces his Wu-ness diving right back into the same samples that made his brethren and he so famous. And while this tactic might make the whole thing seem "all too familiar", it's better than his beat selection of the past, and gives the whole thing a nostalgic touch.
It would be incredibly generous to call this album a classic, in the sense that 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are, but for U-God, it's really fucking good. I mean, let's face it, he doesn't set the bar very high, does he? Still, there are glaring mistakes. Hips is really awful, and the remix tracks are an abomination to everyone but house music fans. What remains is 10 very solid tracks in which U-God really shows a proficiency on the mic sorely lacking in the past, but which emerged on the 8 Diagrams and Big Doe Rehab albums. He will answer a lot of critics on this one. His voice, already an asset due to it's uniqueness, is finally given ample time to shine and he doesn't disappoint at all. Even with a litany of guest stars that are supposedly better, U-God destroys them all, save Cappadonna, who astonishingly drops the best verse on the album on the classic track "God is Love". It's a reemergence in many ways, for U, the Wu, Capp, and especially the fans, who have been patiently waiting with baited breath for fat-ass to drop his supposed masterpiece. Perhaps it will come August 11 and we can all rejoice, but in case it doesn't, or even if it does, we the fans finally have something to enjoy in the meantime.

Train Trussle feat. Ghostface Killah + Scotty Wotty

The all too famous Praise be to allah Mic Tyson quote adorns the opening track, I think it's a mistake because Tyson ended his career "all talk" and started out as a monster, whereas Uey seems to be on the exact opposite career path. Scotty Wotty sounds like Cleofis Randolph the Patriarch on this, I don't understand the hype regarding him, and Ghost is, well Ghost which is pretty damn good, rattling off his random list of obscure weapons to open and ending with a quip about the Avon lady. It's always a mixed bag. U-God really drives this track, both on the hook and in his verse naming John Dillinger, Jack Johnson, and Charles Bronson as "tough-guy" references, as if he needs to. The beat is just classic Wu, muffled brass over slow rolling beat and voice cut samples.

4 out of 5

God Is Love feat. Cappadonna + Killah Priest

Whoa, they don't get much better than this friends. A genuinely great beat and excellent verses by all make this an instant classic. Cappadonna who in my opinion has regressed over the years, is at his very best here. His verse is standout, littered with quotables. "You wit cha boys all the time, you a homo thug, you ain't never wit da honeys, you don't get no love" "I drop jewels in ya head like it's Prell Shampoo." Surprisingly, it's Killah Priest who's out shined here, by the time you get to his verse, he's already an afterthought. U-God shines again.

5 out of 5

Stomp Da Roach feat. GZA and Scotty Wotty

Familiarity oozes here as breezy string samples similar to those used in RZA's Chi Kung give it a real Wu feel, and as if that wasn't enough Godfather 2 mafioso quotes fade out the back end. Scotty Wotty is ok I guess, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he's trying to say. U-God once again shines, I mean somebody has to with GZA boring everybody to death on verse 3. The hook is just average, but for a U-God song, anything average is better than nothing. Many not that familiar with the Wu will call this a classic, but it's really nothing more than a glorified rehash, albeit a fine one.

4 out of 5

Lipton feat. Mike Ladd

This is really the U-god most of us have come to know with a crazy eclectic style, outside the box hook, beat, and verses. The thing is, for some reason it's really quite addicting. It's as if U-God has somehow grown as an artist and figured out how to combine unusual elements and actually make it all work. His rapid fire, amazingly accurate flow rides the pounding keyboard beat like a wave, and the title is slang folks. Lipton means licking your balls. This dude is awesome. Hook is a bit too much, other than that, great underground grower track.

4 out of 5

Coke feat. Raekwon + Slaine

A heavily used sample from KRS-One's Rapture's Delight (Step into a World) drives this very strong track with a heavy opener by Raekwon and a very outstanding verse by Slaine from La Coka Nostra. A decent but not great hook prevents this from being a masterpiece. U-God is once again a highlight, but there is too much familiarity once again, for this to be called a classic.

4 out of 5

Magnum Force feat. Jim Jones and Sheek Louch

I really like this track for one reason, U-God pisses all over Lox member Sheek and Dipset (Wu-Tang Lite) member Jim Jones, and if the guy many consider the worst member of Wu-Tang can do that, it really just goes to show you how great this megagroup is. Other than that, the sample is directly ripped from The MGM and that is no good at all. The watering down process is getting a little ridiculous now. Remember, familiarity breeds contempt, and so far most of this album sounds like something else.

4 out of 5

Hips

There is one redeeming feature on this track. There is a very clever subconscious hook that i have never heard before on a track, but have heard used in movies. If you have ever pounded on a real grand piano, you know that if you hold the keys down, it fades to a low reverberation which sounds like a horror movie. This is a great premise but unfortunately the fore-beat conjures images of a fat kid trudging down the street, and the hook and U-God's awful voice distorted verses are simply ludicrous.

2 out of 5

Wu-Tang feat. Method Man

Samples from Weeping Tiger and Da Mystery of Chessboxin' drive this ultracool track. Sort of a Starsky and Hutch buddy joint with Mef matching, but not exceeding U-God's lyrical prowess. Only that old familiarity argument prevents it from being a classic. Imagine, over 15 years and they finally have a self-titled track. They join the ranks of Bad Company.

4 out of 5

Dopium

Possibly the cream of the crop of the album, both for it's simplicity and authenticity. It's U-God's style exemplified and improved, over a voice cut sample ever changing that really gets addicting after a while. It's the best because it isn't familiar, rather it's a convergence of the best of old U-God with the new U-God that is flawless and inspiring on the mic. With all the guests and Wu-Tang beats that can overshine the gawd, it's this track, so different from the rest that stands out the most. Brilliant.

5 out of 5

Rims Pokin' Out feat. Leathaface

Unlike most of the rest of them, I really like this hook. It's the kind of groove that you can really sink your teeth into, especially in the whip. It's braggadocios like U-God is, and it's nice to see him and Leathaface working together again, although 'face only gets hook duty on this one. It may be an odd choice for the album given the rest of the songs, but U-god is a weird guy clearly, with eccentric tastes.

4 out of 5

New Classic feat. Large Professor

Add to the already incredibly long list of 2 minute classics in the Wu catalog, this banger features U-God ripping a beat with a wonderful keyboard loop that manages to stay fresh due to it's brevity, a concept guys like True Master figured out long ago. It's a good way to end the bulk of what I consider the real album, as it all goes to holy fucking hell from here.

5 out of 5

There really is nothing redeeming about these remixes unless you are a punk named Dieter living on the streets of Frankfurt. A big mistake.

Stomp da Roach (Remix)

2 out of 5

Dopium (Remix)

2 out of 5

Hips (Remix)

2 out of 5

53/70

A very solid album. Probably better than Golden Arms Redemption. In the third tier of Wu albums with Uncontrolled Substance, Birth of a Prince, and Legend of a Liquid Sword

3.79 out of 5

miha
06-21-2009, 03:58 PM
^^amazing review. thank you. rep beautifulrock!
it's nice to see someone else feeling that god is love+dopium are the best tracks off the album.

beautifulrock
06-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks a lot

jeru_the_damaja
06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
The good new is that the album is not wack like his works after "Golden Arms Redemption". Still he could make better album - come on, so many features + 3 sucking-nonhiphop remixes = 1 hour album??? This man has so many to prove as a solo artist and so much to say via rapping. But still the album is fire and reminds of the good old Wu-Tang formula where actually even a solo album is like a Wu-Tang album because of the many guest-features by the other generals.

duotone
06-21-2009, 06:26 PM
i dont know how you guys can say that this is better than golden arms redemption...
gar is one of the best albums out of the wu...
the beats came all from wu elements...
feats all over wu...
dirty sound... lyrics on point... = classic material...
most underrated wu joint ever... next to uncontrolled substance... and pillage

Fright
06-22-2009, 09:54 AM
its really not better than golden arms redemption..

Literate Type Asshole
06-22-2009, 11:23 AM
its much better than golden arms redemption. golden arms redemption was a heap of shit

and even though this has its fair share of bad moments, it betters golden arms redemption simply by being short. whereas golden arms redemption was about fifteen hours long if i remember correctly

J.T.S.
06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
This album has shocked many, U-god did his damn thing with this one give dude his props!
Haven't heard Gza so energized in awhile, not feeling hips at all!
this isn't better than redemption no way in hell leatherface murked that album!

NaturalBornKilla
06-22-2009, 06:41 PM
u-gods best album imo

metal dog
06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Dopium: Don't call it a classic

There are two sides to Baby Yousef's new album Dopium. There's the as expected, sloppy, mistake filled U-God of the past, picking nonsense off key hooks and sometimes stumbling over his own tongue to spit out verses, and then there's this new and improved Baby-U who spits complex intellectual rhymes and embraces his Wu-ness diving right back into the same samples that made his brethren and he so famous. And while this tactic might make the whole thing seem "all too familiar", it's better than his beat selection of the past, and gives the whole thing a nostalgic touch.
It would be incredibly generous to call this album a classic, in the sense that 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are, but for U-God, it's really fucking good. I mean, let's face it, he doesn't set the bar very high, does he? Still, there are glaring mistakes. Hips is really awful, and the remix tracks are an abomination to everyone but house music fans. What remains is 10 very solid tracks in which U-God really shows a proficiency on the mic sorely lacking in the past, but which emerged on the 8 Diagrams and Big Doe Rehab albums. He will answer a lot of critics on this one. His voice, already an asset due to it's uniqueness, is finally given ample time to shine and he doesn't disappoint at all. Even with a litany of guest stars that are supposedly better, U-God destroys them all, save Cappadonna, who astonishingly drops the best verse on the album on the classic track "God is Love". It's a reemergence in many ways, for U, the Wu, Capp, and especially the fans, who have been patiently waiting with baited breath for fat-ass to drop his supposed masterpiece. Perhaps it will come August 11 and we can all rejoice, but in case it doesn't, or even if it does, we the fans finally have something to enjoy in the meantime.

Train Trussle feat. Ghostface Killah + Scotty Wotty

The all too famous Praise be to allah Mic Tyson quote adorns the opening track, I think it's a mistake because Tyson ended his career "all talk" and started out as a monster, whereas Uey seems to be on the exact opposite career path. Scotty Wotty sounds like Cleofis Randolph the Patriarch on this, I don't understand the hype regarding him, and Ghost is, well Ghost which is pretty damn good, rattling off his random list of obscure weapons to open and ending with a quip about the Avon lady. It's always a mixed bag. U-God really drives this track, both on the hook and in his verse naming John Dillinger, Jack Johnson, and Charles Bronson as "tough-guy" references, as if he needs to. The beat is just classic Wu, muffled brass over slow rolling beat and voice cut samples.

4 out of 5

God Is Love feat. Cappadonna + Killah Priest

Whoa, they don't get much better than this friends. A genuinely great beat and excellent verses by all make this an instant classic. Cappadonna who in my opinion has regressed over the years, is at his very best here. His verse is standout, littered with quotables. "You wit cha boys all the time, you a homo thug, you ain't never wit da honeys, you don't get no love" "I drop jewels in ya head like it's Prell Shampoo." Surprisingly, it's Killah Priest who's out shined here, by the time you get to his verse, he's already an afterthought. U-God shines again.

5 out of 5

Stomp Da Roach feat. GZA and Scotty Wotty

Familiarity oozes here as breezy string samples similar to those used in RZA's Chi Kung give it a real Wu feel, and as if that wasn't enough Godfather 2 mafioso quotes fade out the back end. Scotty Wotty is ok I guess, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he's trying to say. U-God once again shines, I mean somebody has to with GZA boring everybody to death on verse 3. The hook is just average, but for a U-God song, anything average is better than nothing. Many not that familiar with the Wu will call this a classic, but it's really nothing more than a glorified rehash, albeit a fine one.

4 out of 5

Lipton feat. Mike Ladd

This is really the U-god most of us have come to know with a crazy eclectic style, outside the box hook, beat, and verses. The thing is, for some reason it's really quite addicting. It's as if U-God has somehow grown as an artist and figured out how to combine unusual elements and actually make it all work. His rapid fire, amazingly accurate flow rides the pounding keyboard beat like a wave, and the title is slang folks. Lipton means licking your balls. This dude is awesome. Hook is a bit too much, other than that, great underground grower track.

4 out of 5

Coke feat. Raekwon + Slaine

A heavily used sample from KRS-One's Rapture's Delight (Step into a World) drives this very strong track with a heavy opener by Raekwon and a very outstanding verse by Slaine from La Coka Nostra. A decent but not great hook prevents this from being a masterpiece. U-God is once again a highlight, but there is too much familiarity once again, for this to be called a classic.

4 out of 5

Magnum Force feat. Jim Jones and Sheek Louch

I really like this track for one reason, U-God pisses all over Lox member Sheek and Dipset (Wu-Tang Lite) member Jim Jones, and if the guy many consider the worst member of Wu-Tang can do that, it really just goes to show you how great this megagroup is. Other than that, the sample is directly ripped from The MGM and that is no good at all. The watering down process is getting a little ridiculous now. Remember, familiarity breeds contempt, and so far most of this album sounds like something else.

4 out of 5

Hips

There is one redeeming feature on this track. There is a very clever subconscious hook that i have never heard before on a track, but have heard used in movies. If you have ever pounded on a real grand piano, you know that if you hold the keys down, it fades to a low reverberation which sounds like a horror movie. This is a great premise but unfortunately the fore-beat conjures images of a fat kid trudging down the street, and the hook and U-God's awful voice distorted verses are simply ludicrous.

2 out of 5

Wu-Tang feat. Method Man

Samples from Weeping Tiger and Da Mystery of Chessboxin' drive this ultracool track. Sort of a Starsky and Hutch buddy joint with Mef matching, but not exceeding U-God's lyrical prowess. Only that old familiarity argument prevents it from being a classic. Imagine, over 15 years and they finally have a self-titled track. They join the ranks of Bad Company.

4 out of 5

Dopium

Possibly the cream of the crop of the album, both for it's simplicity and authenticity. It's U-God's style exemplified and improved, over a voice cut sample ever changing that really gets addicting after a while. It's the best because it isn't familiar, rather it's a convergence of the best of old U-God with the new U-God that is flawless and inspiring on the mic. With all the guests and Wu-Tang beats that can overshine the gawd, it's this track, so different from the rest that stands out the most. Brilliant.

5 out of 5

Rims Pokin' Out feat. Leathaface

Unlike most of the rest of them, I really like this hook. It's the kind of groove that you can really sink your teeth into, especially in the whip. It's braggadocios like U-God is, and it's nice to see him and Leathaface working together again, although 'face only gets hook duty on this one. It may be an odd choice for the album given the rest of the songs, but U-god is a weird guy clearly, with eccentric tastes.

4 out of 5

New Classic feat. Large Professor

Add to the already incredibly long list of 2 minute classics in the Wu catalog, this banger features U-God ripping a beat with a wonderful keyboard loop that manages to stay fresh due to it's brevity, a concept guys like True Master figured out long ago. It's a good way to end the bulk of what I consider the real album, as it all goes to holy fucking hell from here.

5 out of 5

There really is nothing redeeming about these remixes unless you are a punk named Dieter living on the streets of Frankfurt. A big mistake.

Stomp da Roach (Remix)

2 out of 5

Dopium (Remix)

2 out of 5

Hips (Remix)

2 out of 5

53/70

A very solid album. Probably better than Golden Arms Redemption. In the third tier of Wu albums with Uncontrolled Substance, Birth of a Prince, and Legend of a Liquid Sword

3.79 out of 5

3.79 WHAT!!? Speak for yourself

beautifulrock
06-22-2009, 07:39 PM
3.79 WHAT!!? Speak for yourselfI am, obviously

That score is a track average, Add up all the scores and divide by total number of tracks. Included in that score are the horrible remixes. If you actually bothered to read the review, you would see it's mostly positive and 3.79 out of 5 is not bad at all, about 7.6 out of 10. Calling it anything higher, like I said if you bothered to read, would be generous, because the album is littered with mistakes. It's not perfect, not even close, but it's not bad either. Thanks for listening....if you did.

metal dog
06-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I am, obviously

That score is a track average, Add up all the scores and divide by total number of tracks. Included in that score are the horrible remixes. If you actually bothered to read the review, you would see it's mostly positive and 3.79 out of 5 is not bad at all, about 7.6 out of 10. Calling it anything higher, like I said if you bothered to read, would be generous, because the album is littered with mistakes. It's not perfect, not even close, but it's not bad either. Thanks for listening....if you did.

7.6 out of 10 come on man that's criminal! I know the remixes are different I am not a fan of rave music actually can't stand it but it works calling it an abomination come on also when you reviewed Dopium and use words like glaring mistakes and stumbling over tongue and he does not set bar very high it sounds like your straight hating. Dopium is not a classic but it's straight up fire

deeznutz1981
06-22-2009, 08:11 PM
i was contemplating buying this but now i'm not even going to waste a blank CD to burn this. 9 of the songs are pretty much classics and the rest are so fuckin bad it makes me sick.

beautifulrock
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
How is it criminal? U-God has THE WORST album in the history of the clan, maybe you heard of it. It's called Mr. Xcitement, even the title's stupid. Golden Arms redemption wasn't universally liked by fans or critics, so when i say he didn't set the bar very high, that's all that means. If he had 3 classic albums, then he would be setting the bar high. He doesn't. Let me show you what the "typical" review looks like on this site

Track 1 - 10/10
Track 2 - 10/10
track 3 - 10/10
Track 4 - 9/10
Track 5 - 10/10
track 6 - 10/10

track 7 - 5/10
track 8 - 11/10
track 9 - 9/10
track 10 - 10/10

overall 9/10

does that kind of review actually tell you anything? No, it's completely biased and completely uninformative, and that's almost always what you get. I make an actual professional review, that I consider pretty conservative and informative, and you have a problem because I'm being completely honest. Gimme a break. You couldn't do it if you tried.

metal dog
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
How is it criminal? U-God has THE WORST album in the history of the clan, maybe you heard of it. It's called Mr. Xcitement, even the title's stupid. Golden Arms redemption wasn't universally liked by fans or critics, so when i say he didn't set the bar very high, that's all that means. If he had 3 classic albums, then he would be setting the bar high. He doesn't. Let me show you what the "typical" review looks like on this site

Track 1 - 10/10
Track 2 - 10/10
track 3 - 10/10
Track 4 - 9/10
Track 5 - 10/10
track 6 - 10/10

track 7 - 5/10
track 8 - 11/10
track 9 - 9/10
track 10 - 10/10

overall 9/10

does that kind of review actually tell you anything? No, it's completely biased and completely uninformative, and that's almost always what you get. I make an actual professional review, that I consider pretty conservative and informative, and you have a problem because I'm being completely honest. Gimme a break. You couldn't do it if you tried.

So without the remixes in your opinion what would you score Dopium? If Uey did'nt set the bar too high before is Dopium straight fire?

beautifulrock
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
without the remixes

45/55

4.09 out of 5

metal dog
06-22-2009, 08:58 PM
without the remixes

45/55

4.09 out of 5

Fair enough

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
i thought the review was fair and balanced in all the ways that fox news is not.

the remixes are garbagio and i like electronic music.

i'd give it 3.5/5

needs more songs
and cowbell

beautifulrock
06-22-2009, 09:04 PM
i thought the review was fair and balanced in all the ways that fox news is not.

i'd give it 3.5/5

needs more songs
and cowbellhaaahahahahahahahahahahah

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x292/beautifulrock/Walken2.jpg

metal dog
06-22-2009, 09:07 PM

i'd give it 3.5/5

needs more songs
and cowbell

agreed he should have added more cowbells

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Track 1 - 10/10
Track 2 - 10/10
track 3 - 10/10
Track 4 - 9/10
Track 5 - 10/10
track 6 - 10/10

track 7 - 5/10
track 8 - 11/10
track 9 - 9/10
track 10 - 10/10

overall 9/10

i thought Golden Arms Redemption was a dope album and a very close classic that just came out at the wrong time and was under promoted like Deck's Uncontrolled Substance. his new album take it back to what that album was it's 100% better than Mr. Excitement which was definately weak.

and yes allot of the reviews broken down in the format doesn't do much in my eyes but just rank track rather than just the opinion of the body of work.

battle?
06-22-2009, 10:44 PM
1st and 4most MAKE SURE YOU SUPPORT THIS ALBUM AND BUY IT- I ALREADY PRE ORDERED 2 WEEKS AGO, DO THE SAME.

Ive listened one time, first impression are this album is fuccin heavy in wu bangers lol.

Beats are grungy but clean, in fact they sound like updated Forever beats in a lot of places, which makes sense because thats when Uey was on fire.

Train Trussle - 10. Straight up. This shit doesnt get tired. All verses. Scotty's flow and word choices are amazing.

God is Love - 10. Album highlight. Cappa sounds so smoove, much more than he has done recently for some reason on his own shit. KP kills it. Beat is just butta.

Stomp da Roach 10. WTF ANOTHER AMAZING BEAT. I honestly havent heard a hip hop album in 09 with these many ill beats. Scotty again comign outta no where with heat.

Lipton - 7. Kinda interesting, good idea to put in a up tempo track here. keeps things moving.

Magnum Force - 9. One of my favorite songs on the album. Jimmy went in and did his thing, real smooth verse rode the beat NICE. Sheek added more NY street shit. Good to hear both these guys on a Uey album.

Hips - 6.5. Kinda weird lol like an 80's dance funk track. I could def see this being played in a club though.

Wu-Tang - 8. Beat goes hard AGAIN sticking with the main sound of the album. Id like to know whos prodcuing these tracks.

Rims Pokin Out - 6. Keeping it interesting, not a bad track. NOt as good as the rest though.

New Classic - 8 Base heavy. Large P on the boards, uses his pianos like youd expect!!. Solid ending.

*ignores the remixes*

So the first half is incredible. 2nd half has lower points, but overall this has so many bangers on it its def gonna be up there with some of the best Wu Solo's.

So many highlight, congrats Uey, you did the Wu tang name proud :b

just got my copy ..!!
i couldnt agree more with this review and also a couple others..
ive had this on repeat minus the re-mixes 4 a minute ..an is pure fuckin heat rocks..
buy this shit!!
or if u see that shit on lp somewhere buy it..pm me an ill cop it off ya ..
the vote is in!!
dopium 09':spin:

battle?
06-22-2009, 10:47 PM
the killer is..
lipton @ the end..
zilla: i say im pimpin..got bitches on kneepads...
heatrocks!!!

Mista JpKoff
06-23-2009, 08:17 AM
I make an actual professional review
damn professional, are you kidding me... this isnt a professional review, its not even on the same level as a professional journalist (which i reckon is not sayin a lot), let alone an actual WRITER... it's just an in-depth personal commentary of the album, and thats enough for a forum thread... professional... yeah, maybe in the sense that hiphopdx's reviews are being professional lol... i'm not hating, just wanted to inform you that you're not ready to launch your own publication yet lol

beautifulrock
06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
damn professional, are you kidding me... this isnt a professional review, its not even on the same level as a professional journalist (which i reckon is not sayin a lot), let alone an actual WRITER... it's just an in-depth personal commentary of the album, and thats enough for a forum thread... professional... yeah, maybe in the sense that hiphopdx's reviews are being professional lol... i'm not hating, just wanted to inform you that you're not ready to launch your own publication yet lol
hahhaahahahahahah, I love it, Frenchy faggot. This homo comes on here twice a year, offers nothing and thinks he's Ernest Hemingway. Well thanks for your opinion fairy frog, I'll take it under advisement while I'm grill fucking your mom and giving her the Lipton treatment.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL @ beautfulrock in here saying hes writing professional reviews, the review was corny and full of pseudo-review prose cliches. Cute though. Its also clear that anyone who gives their review on a forum thread a headline (like its in a published magazine) is a douchbag, and if that headline happens to be "dopium: dont call it a classic", its obvious their main intention thenceforth is to hate.

beautifulrock
06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
LOL @ beautfulrock in here saying hes writing professional reviews, the review was corny and full of pseudo-review prose cliches. Cute though. Its also clear that anyone who gives their review on a forum thread a headline (like its in a published magazine) is a douchbag, and if that headline happens to be "dopium: dont call it a classic", its obvious their main intention thenceforth is to hate.thenceforth

even when you try to sound smart, it's a fucking disaster.

Get some new teeth bitch.

beautifulrock
06-23-2009, 11:34 AM

*ignores the remixes*

So many highlight, congrats Uey, you did the Wu tang name proud :bI just want to point out that somebody who writes a review like this, with emoticons, and 10 word descriptions of every track, is not only lazy, but shouldn't be criticizing anybody about anything. Mostly because he sucks dick in between the gaps in his busted grills.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Well done for coming in and ruining another Wu Chamber thread with your corny ass beefing all the time, dont make me get your posts deleted like I did last time.
Now go back to Genchat and family guy forums, you just dont fit in around here.

beautifulrock
06-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, we are on some overwhelming hypocrisy now Lacey

IrOnMaN
06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I'll buy this.

AsHighAsWuTangGet
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
banger

but no love for INS in the liner notes? he shouts out wu-tang and lists everyone but inspectah deck. hes not on the album but, yo, he's still wu-tang

wuswordz95
06-23-2009, 08:06 PM
i voted classic , due to my long love, fan support for u god. i only listen to train trussle and all snippets. most of the snippets sucked. I think tis album is okay.

check two
06-24-2009, 12:09 AM

Track 1 - 10/10
Track 2 - 10/10
track 3 - 10/10
Track 4 - 9/10
Track 5 - 10/10
track 6 - 10/10

track 7 - 5/10
track 8 - 11/10
track 9 - 9/10
track 10 - 10/10

overall 9/10

Mr. Xcitement was definitely better than Tical 0.

duotone
06-24-2009, 03:08 AM
NEVER EVER!...
but its my opinion... i accept yours...

Mista JpKoff
06-24-2009, 06:21 AM
hahhaahahahahahah, I love it, Frenchy faggot. This homo comes on here twice a year, offers nothing and thinks he's Ernest Hemingway. Well thanks for your opinion fairy frog, I'll take it under advisement while I'm grill fucking your mom and giving her the Lipton treatment.
grill fucking? lipton treatment? haha... seems like you took it a little personal dont you? stop listening to rap music, youre too emotionally unstable for that shit. it makes you think you can actually do shit, just like these kids that fly through windows thinking they superman... just in case you didnt remember, you wont do shit. you cant do shit. resort to words then, im not shocked, just entertained by the way youre embarrassing yourself.

If you want to take me out to the woodshed, show and prove whatever you've done or shut the fuck up. I have publicized articles and reviews in the past, and you're just a douchebag from France, the world's toilet.

http://www.rap2k.com/albums-rap-31578-blue-sky-black-death-presents-the-holocaust.html
http://www.rap2k.com/albums-rap-34236-more-fish.html
http://www.rap2k.com/albums-rap-74090-8-diagrams.html

dozens and dozens of comments, more than 20000 views apiece, need i say more? oh sorry you don't read french... i have dozens of such reviews, published on the most famous french rap site. i also write for a paper magazine called The Raw. i dont pretend my writings are professional but at least they are entertaining and drop knowledge, not just "oh i love the lyrics oh i dont like the hook" childish stuff even my lil sis could write. your arms too short to box with god.

i'm french, i have talent and you dont. that pretty much sums it up, no need to fuss about it.

feel free to go back to the topic my lil friend.

beautifulrock
06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
61 note(s) | 123 commentaire(s)
57 note(s) | 88 commentaire(s)
74 note(s) | 131 commentaire(s)

hahaahahahah gimme a fucking break

this dude is clownish, he actually reviewed Blue Sky Black Death presents Warcloud, you want props for that? Fuck outta here

Mista JpKoff
06-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Vendredi 20 Octobre 2006 à 16:13 - The Holocaust album - 21822 Hits - Imprimer cet article (http://www.rap2k.com/print-31578.html)

i made 21822 people actually care about holocaust, and anybody must agree that its a tour de force in its own right. i dont want props. you ask me to "show and prove whatever i do" in your own words. i just do it. cause i can.

Sweet Tartz
06-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll review this next week.

Durag
06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
And we wait with baited breath

wuswordz95
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM

i disagree. tical 0 is slighty better. tical has about 4 crappy /annoying songs.
mr xcitment has its share of lame songs and horrible uey hooks.
you cant deny that awesome song u god did with leatha face. it's a wrap shits on any song from the tical prequel.

beautifulrock
06-24-2009, 05:48 PM
^^^except The Afterparty

Nokturnal Mortum
06-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Oh man, if the entire Mr. Xcitement album was like It's A Wrap, the album would probably be a banger.

GoldynChyld
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes this album is a good album. I never thought that U-god would be able to drop a good album.

Sweet Tartz
06-27-2009, 05:23 PM
rims poking out is my shit lol, i was speeding on the highway blastin that shit today...

duotone
06-28-2009, 12:30 PM
what the fuck...
i preordered dopium on amazon germany...
the releasedate is pushed back to 10th july in germany...
so i pre-downloaded... (original is comin soon...)

all i can say is, that the album is fuckin sick...
a bit to less tracks there... 12 is low average...
but the quality of the beats and lyrics are on top...
so it gets a 8.5/10

didnt expect something like this from uey...
good beat = good uey...

peace and show some love go to your local dealer and COP THAT SHIT !!!!!!!!
wu... forever

check two
06-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I didn't read all the pages in this thread yet, so maybe this is already covered.. But why are there three re-mixes of the same songs on this album? That seems a little much.

BGS
06-29-2009, 10:56 AM
i didn't expect u-god to come with such heat!!! god is love is a near classic imo shit gave me goosebumps!! cappadonne actually flows again and has a ill verse...this album is a fucking banger!!

btw. the stomp the roach sample seems kinda familiar but i dunno from where!??

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-29-2009, 12:35 PM
^^^raekwon used it on the mixtape version of 'weed' and odb used it on a remix back in the 90s, as well as i'm sure other people have used it.

god is love is the shit though

solid album

TAURO
06-29-2009, 05:02 PM
The album came in the post this morning along with Chamber Music. I've been bumping both all evening with a big smile on my face.

Dopium is an absolute banger. U-God came hard on this and actually put effort into his beat selection, I think he also managed to produce some swagger joints with alot more success than he did on Mr Excitement.

DThayer36
06-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I thought the album was really ill minus the remixes. That shit was techno music and thats not Wu-Tang

Sweet Tartz
07-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Thought I should drop my review. U-God I know you're waiting for this....

1. Train Trussle (Featuring Ghostface Killah & Scotty Wotty)

This is the album opener right here and this goes hard. I love the horns on the beat and the vibe of the track. Ghostface comes in with a reused verse (Check out "Put It On The Line" Album), but it still fits well with the beat and it sounds real good so no complaints at all, U-God drops a nice verse and rides the beat real well a very good way to start off an album. Scotty Wotty delivers some heat on here aswell, he sounds like a more raw/smooth version of Gza but Gza has better lyrics, he still comes through on this track, which is top 3 on this album without a doubt. 4.5/5

2. God Is Love (Featuring Cappadonna & Killah Priest)

Cappadonna comes in real nice on this track, he sounds better than he has been in the last few years, drops a nice gem for the people on here, U-God has an ok verse on here, I think he could've flowed better on this one and came better overall. Killah Priest just smashes his verse, this was a perfect track from him to rhyme on it he drops a gem on here. Heard this beat numerous times but this is still a banger that never gets old. 4/5

3. Stomp The Roach (Featuring Scotty Wotty & Gza)

Scotty Wotty is back sounding pretty good and keeps this track going hard, U-God comes in and does his job, one thing I love about U-God is his "Straight In Your Face" style, he just throws it right at you plain and simple, but raw as fuck. Gza has a good spot on here and I'm very Glad to hear him sound like he has some energy on a track, he kills it lyrically. 3.5/5

4. Lipton (Featuring Mike Ladd)

This is a wack track right here, U-God could've easily replaced this with an 8 Diagram throwaway track or something else, this track is wack all over. The beat is weak along with U-God's flow, when this first came on I couldn't even get through the first verse. This messed up the flow of the album. Hook is even worse. 2/5

5. Coke (Featuring Raekwon & Slaine)

The beat on here goes hard and Raekwon comes in and smashes his verse "All my goons is frustrated, boning their P.O.'s" and "We Darth Vaders" some ill lines by Raekwon to start this off, the hook could've been better on here but I can deal with it, U-God drops a dope verse he could've switched up his flow somewhat but it's still hard, Slaine comes THROUGH on here, this is the first time I heard him and he fucking delivers heat on this track "I bleed cociane" that's some I'll shit right there. Hook is weak though. 3.5/5

6. Magnum Force (Featuring Jim Jones & Sheek Louch)

Jim Jones on a Wu Track???? This shit still sounds hot and the beat is hard. Jimmy comes in with his wu-references keeping it real on here, none of that commercial shit and come through for the general, I love the beat switch up on the hook, they should've rapped over that part aswell, U-God drops some heat on his verse sounding grimey as fuck, but I think Sheek Louch took this one, his whole presence is felt on this track and he just is one with this beat, of course he killed this shit lyrically, dope lines after dope lines. A great track that I'm glad met my expectations. 4/5

7. Hips

Another wack cut by U-God, keep this shit on Mr. Xcitement. Everything is wack about this. 1/5

8. Wu-Tang (Featuring Method Man)

This title is VERY misleading. "Wu-Tang" is the title, when I read that I thought I was gonna hear some karate sounds in the back and some raw wu-sounding beat, instead we get some chopped & screwed weak ass hook on here and an ok beat that doesn't sound anything close to "Wu-Tang". U-God's verse was ASS on here, especially them first couple of bars, Method Man saves this track from any type of wackness, he sounds fresh off BO2 and rips this track. 3.5/5

9. Dopium

This my shit right here "By Time I finish You Gonna Be A Fiend MotherFucka!!!" That shit cracks me up everytime, The beat is enough to give this track a 4/5, U-God comes in on here spitting Dopium just as the track, I like his last verse the most he just throws his shit right at you keeping it fresh and raw. 4/5

10. Rims Poking Out (Featuring Lethafase)

I'm feeling this shit right here, I was blasting this hit on the highway just doing like 70 to it. Good to hear him and Lethafase on the same track again, I think he should've had a verse on here though, he would've ripped it I'm pretty sure he would, but anyways U-God keeps it fresh on here just having fun with it which is good sometimes. I'm feeling this one. 3.5/5

11. New Classic (Featuring Large Professor)

I think U-God could've came better on here overall, the beat is still hot, but this track is too short and U-God still had some heat left in him, you could tell my his last few bars he delivered on the track. 3.5/5

Beats - 4/5
Lyrics - 3.5/5
Overall - 3.5/5

I think this is what exactly U-God promised us. DOPIUM. Although I do think he could've came better on some of these tracks, I was expecting him to come fresh off 8 Diagrams still spitting that heat, he gets outshined on half of tracks by his guests, and he only had 4 tracks by himself which he wasted 2 on "Mr.Xcitement" type shit, he could've easily left that out for some raw type shit. Besides that the beats are pretty good on here, he did a great job with the beat selection, this is what it says... DOPIUM. Oh Yeah, I hope yall didn't think I was gonna review them techno joints, they for the club, U-God is smart when White kids on E hear that shit at the club they gonna get a copy themselves..... ****Overall 3.5/5****

Leo Angel
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Bangin album!

best tracks: Train Trussle, God Is Love (classic!!), Stomp The Roach,
Coke & Magnum Force

staycreepin_n_silence
07-02-2009, 02:26 AM
it is good

Cappadonna36
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM
album definitely surprised me. the beats are pretty good and the guest appearances carry him.

07-10-2009, 04:00 PM
4/5

num2son
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
album definitely surprised me. the beats are pretty good.....

Indeed it is, the album is good.

anthonyrecord
07-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Today I realized why I liked it so much
It's because it kinda sounds like Heavy Mental

RynMur
07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
after first listen, uey didnt embarrass himself like he did with HSS and MrX but...

bring back god > dopium

lol na, Not one track on that mixtape is past 3 minutes, no stand out guest appearances like on the album, and that audio is mixtape quality. I would've liked him to put extended versions of Universal Law & Mice 2 Men on the album though.

Cappadonna36
07-17-2009, 05:16 PM

please explain how this sounds like Heavy Mental?

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-17-2009, 05:49 PM

right.....

any this is another pretty good record completely lacking in replay value imo...only thing i bump anymore is new classic lol

RynMur
07-17-2009, 06:51 PM
This album was as good as I expected. After hearing some of his latest tracks, it seemed like he was moving in a different direction compared to Mr. Xcitement.

The first three tracks are insane and I notice they are all produced by Teddy Ted & J. Serbe. Plus they also produced Dopium. All nice. I wish to see more of them in the future.

However, this album lacks in several places. He needs to stick to the recipe. It works when he keeps it somewhat lyrical in a new york fashion, but when he tries to make these southern/techno/club tracks, they just ruin the album. I rated Lipton & Hips (and the last 2 remixes) as skips. The style (including choruses) just throw off the album. Would've gave it more points if he replaced those last 3 remixes with other tracks.

Top 5: Train Trussle, God Is Love, Stomp Da Roach (fav), Magnum Force, New Classic

Grade: (3.5/5) B

tekunique
07-19-2009, 06:35 PM

needs more songs
and cowbell

LOL !

yo Hips remix will work nice in a club. i'd play it.

The Hound
07-22-2009, 03:16 AM
I expected too much after the mixtape but it was still pretty good. Second best U-God album.

Ganja Farmer
07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Slaine's guest apperance was tight...
That dude needs to drop a properlly produced solo album

Cappadonna36
07-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Lipton is dope just because of his flow.

the hook is fucking GARBAGE though.

Shogah
07-22-2009, 06:53 PM
I guess he could really do better when t comes to hips and rims poking out.

It seems like the beats were made in fruity loops for half and hour.

NaturalBornKilla
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Im loving this album I listin to it everyday, first 3 tracks are by far the best.

BGS
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
yo i heard a raekwon mixtape from 2008 called "only built for the streets part 2" and there was a track called weed and the beat sounded exactly like stomp da roach...did uey jack it?or was it just the same sample?

claaa7
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
this album was pretty good but could have been alot better and tighter.. first 3 tracks are pure brilliance, incredible Wu-Tang music with Uey going in hard and all guests giving a proper performance but with "Lipton" shit just takes a wrong turn and i can't be listening to it at all. the next two joints are ill but Uey is starting to sound pretty monotone, i'm really feeling the guy but too much of him gives me a headache and when "Hips" come on, that shit is plain weak. "Wu-Tang" and "DOPIUM" are two other ill songs, especially the way U-God takes down the beautiful beat on the latter - his flow on this one is crazy fucking nice. "Rims Pokin' Out" ain't really my shit though and "New Classic" is dope as hell but it's a re-used beat and i would've hoped for a Large Pro verse on there.

we got 8 good songs on here which seems a little to few to give this album a banger rating. sure the songs that are good are GREAT but the weak ones are real wack though so it doesn't sounds cohistent. personally i'd take out "Lipton", "Hips" and "Rims Pokin Out" and replace them with "Kill Too Hard", "Blow The Horns" and "DILLA vs. ZILLA" to kick this up to a 4/5 rating. as it is now:

6.5/10

check two
08-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Overall, I liked the album. It's not as good as Redemption though. Some negatives were:

-U God wasn't on enough songs by himself.

-On the song Dopium, that voice in the background during the whole song was irritating.

-New Classic was too short to be a last song and could have been better(counting it as the last song).

-The extra re-mix songs were terrible. I like some techno, but repeating the same words 25 times in a row is headache inducing.

-If you take out the re-mixes, the album is a little short.

djskillz
08-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Goddamn. I was sleepin' for a bit. Didn't get around to hearing this album till now. Only on Magnum Force but so far it's a solid 8/10.

benzo
08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
The mixtape > the album. The album is not bad, but it's not great and has no replay value for me. Two things stand out: The production SUCKS. Not the beats, but the actually sound quality and fidelity are horrible...no clarity whatsoever. Whoever mixed and mastered this should be shot. Also, "Wu Tang" beat is a cheap "Just
Blaze/Black Album wannabe" track. For real, how many times are we gonna that same shit?

11th Chamber
08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
-On the song Dopium, that voice in the background during the whole song was irritating.

shit, I think thats the best track and beat on the album

Sweet Tartz
08-12-2009, 12:19 AM
shit, I think thats the best track and beat on the album
Yeah that's my shit.

food for thought
08-12-2009, 12:23 AM
^^ cosign 11th

check two
08-12-2009, 01:59 AM
I would have definitely liked it better with the constant unneeded voice in the background.

booba06
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
8/10 for a new wu album

Universal Assassin
08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Gas, Dope, Raw, Street... Great Album Straight up no radio bullsh..

WesleyBradferson
08-18-2009, 04:58 PM
I would have definitely liked it better with the constant unneeded voice in the background.

That could've been part of the sample

DRUNKENARTS
08-21-2009, 09:18 AM
just got this today, its a banger for sure,its one of the best solo joints although i would of liked more u god on his own,but still, ill be banging this for years to come its pure heat 9/10

djskillz
09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
After listening to the entire album it's about a 7/10 for me. The remixes were garbage, Lipton, Hips, Rims Pokin Out, etc. But I think in the end the great songs make up for it.

4th Chamber
09-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Train Trussle 8/10
God Is Love 7/10 (sounds great, but the chorus and title make it seem like some Church preaching shit, haha)
Stomp Da Roach 10/10
Lipton 4/10
Cocaine 8/10
Magnum Force 9/10 (sounds like a lost track from 97!)
Hips 3/10
Wu-Tang 9/10
Dopium 10/10
Rims Pokin Out 4/10
New Classic 10/10
Remix tracks 0/10

Wow, how good are the beats on this CD! Great Wu sound. U-God brought the heat with this one. Some filler tracks that I hate and the remixes are horrible, but the good tracks are great.

J.T.S.
11-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm banging this more than cuban lynx two lately.

claaa7
11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
it's funny though, that it seems that every single person on here feels the same about the album.. 8 great songs and 3 weaker tracks, and everybody say the weak tracks or "Lipton", "Hips" and "Rims Pokiin' Out".. something to think about next time, Uey!

sdeblasi
11-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Lipton is dope as fuck, i used to not like it but that shit is hard

claaa7
11-06-2009, 03:23 PM
^^ word, i imagine that's that hardcore shiznit that gets blasted on st Patrick's day!

Mega Matt
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
i haven't heard shit yet but now i'm excited like uey was haha. yeah he was always the least liked, even by me but i never disliked him, cause he did have some cold verses like the ones discussed on the other thread. i always had faith in him so i'm glad he came through. so what do yall think, does golden arms hang with the rest of the clan now? honestly from some snippets of lyrics i've read, he's better than deck now. imo deck fell off, which has really saddened me.

DRUNKENARTS
12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
he can more than hang wit the rest of the clan, hes top 3 material, uey alwys had it dood is sooo dope an goes hard

New Hills 36
12-12-2009, 05:24 AM
I must admit I have re-evaluated U-ey since Dopium. I always thought he was the weakest so was maybe subconsciously looking for flaws.

The dood is indeed good.