Sleep Sinatra
06-21-2009, 01:58 AM
yo respect for this, this man was the very definition of a rebel

LORD NOSE
06-21-2009, 04:16 AM
Great Man

Sleep Sinatra
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM
in a sense American Government kinda treated Garvey like a mafia boss, forming a new branch 2 observe him and shit, not quiet 2 the extent they went with Capone, but same principal...

RALPH WIGGUM
06-23-2009, 04:11 PM
garvey was the dumbass who said 'look to africa, where a black king shall be crowned' and started the whole rasta movement (that you diss in another thread) that got a WHOLE SHITLOAD of blacks ripped the fuck off on 'passports' to ethiopia, etc.... so...are you trying to appear ignorant? do i really need to teach you your history, bc youve been reading some bullshit kid. i know youre king of this wack ass pseudo science shithole. every word out your mouth almost is a lie

Disrespectin much?

RALPH WIGGUM
06-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Marcus Garvey was a great man, he spoke and did what was best for his people, and saying the opposite is not true, it's disrespectful.

Kingkazim
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
thanks for sharing.
il watch it as soon as i hae time

Black Man
06-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Great Man

peace.....true indeed. i have family that went to africa through him. definately a great man out of many great men.

Koolish
06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
i always wanted to see what was up with this man, i'll watch this soon.

LORD NOSE
06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10222/B0OUNCE-7.gif
(http://njsr.org/displayimage.php?pos=-49422)

battle?
06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
bump this...http://www.amazon.com/100th-Anniversary-Marcus-Garvey-Garveys/dp/B00002635E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1245808681&sr=8-1

fuckin fire bun!!!

Luza
06-24-2009, 04:04 AM
he supported appartheid and cooperated with the ku-klux clan. great man, really.

drippie k
06-24-2009, 04:47 AM
i respect marcus garvey as a leader and activist for his people..but some of the shit he said and did i definatly do not agree with

I regard the Klan, the Anglo-Saxon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon) clubs and White American societies, as far as the Negro is concerned, as better friends of the race than all other groups of hypocritical whites put together. I like honesty and fair play. You may call me a Klansman if you will, but, potentially, every white man is a Klansman, as far as the Negro in competition with whites socially, economically and politically is concerned, and there is no use lying.
that quote, for instance

Black Man
06-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote:
I regard the Klan, the Anglo-Saxon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon) clubs and White American societies, as far as the Negro is concerned, as better friends of the race than all other groups of hypocritical whites put together. I like honesty and fair play. You may call me a Klansman if you will, but, potentially, every white man is a Klansman, as far as the Negro in competition with whites socially, economically and politically is concerned, and there is no use lying.

^O^

drippie k what do you think he's saying here?

RALPH WIGGUM
06-24-2009, 02:28 PM
i respect marcus garvey as a leader and activist for his people..but some of the shit he said and did i definatly do not agree with

that quote, for instance

He was right.

LORD NOSE
06-24-2009, 03:40 PM

that quote, for instance

its not that you don't agree, you just don't understand why he would say something like that - and i doubt that you tried to understand - and i say this with no disrespect toward you -

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-24-2009, 04:40 PM
^^^what if he did understand it and still doesn't agree with it?

the quote is bullshit...so he would prefer if someone was more open in their racism...i get that, and agree with that, but saying that white supremacists are helpful to black people is moronic. and i get what he means there, that they are showing white america's true feelings and beliefs...it's still bullshit.

stop being so condescending to people...if they disagree, you claim they don't understand, you question everything people say but never answer any questions posed to you, it's ridiculous and immature. you should never have been made a moderator here.

and go ahead and censor me, or try to censure me like you do to everyone else who doesn't agree with you.

LORD NOSE
06-24-2009, 04:56 PM
stop being so condescending to people...if they disagree, you claim they don't understand, you question everything people say but never answer any questions posed to you, it's ridiculous and immature. you should never have been made a moderator here.

have you seen my question answer thread ?

i was made moderator here - deal with it - or don't deal with it -

you got a complaint ?

there is a dear admin section on this site - try that -

and go ahead and censor me, or try to censure me like you do to everyone else who doesn't agree with you.

if i censored everyone who does not agree with me, no one would be here

but this thread isn't about me so don't make it about me - its about a great man -

on another note - those who do not agree with what i say usually end up bitchin, complaining, and slinging insults which result in me "censoring" them

don't let it happen to you

froth
06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
garvey was convicted of mail fraud. he and his cronies systematically took money from poor blacks to finance "Black Star Lines" as well as 'passports' (completely worthless) to Ethiopia. At the time bc of the racism in America, blacks were very susceptible to charlatans such as Garvey and Fard

if you would like more info on why Garvey is a fraud, i suggest you look at these sites, but honestly, there is an abundance of info about it.

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/a_f/dumas/garveyblackstar.htm

Perhaps the largest endeavor of the UNIVERSAL NEGRO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (UNIA,) was the Black Star Steamship Line, an enterprise intended to provide a means for African Americans to return to Africa while also enabling black people around the Atlantic to exchange goods and services. The company’s three ships (one called the SS Frederick Douglass) were owned and operated by black people and made travel and trade possible between their United States, Caribbean, Central American, and African stops. The economically independent Black Star Line was a symbol of pride for blacks and seemed to attract more members to the UNIA . . . .
As a result of large financial obligations and managerial errors, the Black Star Line failed in 1921 and ended operations. . . . Early in 1922 Garvey was indicted on mail fraud charges regarding the Black Star Line's stock sale. . . . [Garvey was convicted but released after serving three years in federal prison. He was then deported to Jamaica.]

here is a flyer he used to swindle gullible blacks

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/a_f/dumas/redemption.jpg

i suggest further research if you are enamored of garvey. there is nothing wrong per se with his 'beliefs', its just that in the end he was using other blacks for money

thank you very much for your time

RALPH WIGGUM
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
What Marcus Garvey actually said in that quote, is that freedom's worst enemy is not enslavement, it is hypocrisy. It's harder to fight an enenmy which claims to be your friend.

LORD NOSE
06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
he was a great and honest man who wanted the best for his people -

food for thought
06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
garvey was convicted of mail fraud. he and his cronies systematically took money from poor blacks to finance "Black Star Lines" as well as 'passports' (completely worthless) to Ethiopia. At the time bc of the racism in America, blacks were very susceptible to charlatans such as Garvey and Fard

if you would like more info on why Garvey is a fraud, i suggest you look at these sites, but honestly, there is an abundance of info about it.

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/a_f/dumas/garveyblackstar.htm

Perhaps the largest endeavor of the UNIVERSAL NEGRO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (UNIA,) was the Black Star Steamship Line, an enterprise intended to provide a means for African Americans to return to Africa while also enabling black people around the Atlantic to exchange goods and services. The company’s three ships (one called the SS Frederick Douglass) were owned and operated by black people and made travel and trade possible between their United States, Caribbean, Central American, and African stops. The economically independent Black Star Line was a symbol of pride for blacks and seemed to attract more members to the UNIA . . . .
As a result of large financial obligations and managerial errors, the Black Star Line failed in 1921 and ended operations. . . . Early in 1922 Garvey was indicted on mail fraud charges regarding the Black Star Line's stock sale. . . . [Garvey was convicted but released after serving three years in federal prison. He was then deported to Jamaica.]

here is a flyer he used to swindle gullible blacks

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/a_f/dumas/redemption.jpg

i suggest further research if you are enamored of garvey. there is nothing wrong per se with his 'beliefs', its just that in the end he was using other blacks for money

thank you very much for your time

the mistake Garvey made was appointing unqualified members to hold certain positions in the movement.

he didnot steal anybodys money.

the scandal with the black star line fraud was due to the member who was in charge of funds.

it was his mistakes that caused the failure of the black star line.

It was not due to a consipracy by Garvey to rob his people of their money. this is an outrageouis claim that goes against everything he preached AND practiced.

the demonizing of Garvey is a calculated move to cause strife and division within the community.

he is not the only example that this has happened to.

you should know this already.

watch the documentary.

drippie k
06-26-2009, 05:22 AM
its not that you don't agree, you just don't understand why he would say something like that - and i doubt that you tried to understand - and i say this with no disrespect toward you -
I did understand the quote, i wouldn't have posted it if i didn't, it's not like he encoded it with some subliminal message or anything

its the fact that by saying that, he thinks that every white man who tolerates blacks, beleives in rights for blacks in america and desgregation is a hypocrite, which is TOTALLY untrue. he said he'd rather stick with a group of people who'd harass blacks (men, women AND children), lynch them, tar and feather them (basically hate black people's existance in general) is a better friend to the black community than those who support their rights. i can kind of understand where you're coming from since the majority of whites in that time were racist bastards and that marcus garvey at least respected the honesty and openness of the KKK (at which point one should stand up for something they beleive in, no matter how fucked up it is, be honest, right?) but he saw any white who WAS NOT prejudice to black people as a hypocrite which is totally unfair. blacks weren't alone in the civil rights movement beleive it or not, there were whites who marched right along with them.

and not that it matters or anything, but i'm not white, so don't think i'm standing up for white people, i'm just stating my opinion on things

froth
06-26-2009, 06:05 PM
the mistake Garvey made was appointing unqualified members to hold certain positions in the movement.

he didnot steal anybodys money.

the scandal with the black star line fraud was due to the member who was in charge of funds.

it was his mistakes that caused the failure of the black star line.

It was not due to a consipracy by Garvey to rob his people of their money. this is an outrageouis claim that goes against everything he preached AND practiced.

the demonizing of Garvey is a calculated move to cause strife and division within the community.

he is not the only example that this has happened to.

you should know this already.

watch the documentary.
thats why i say that there wasnt anything wrong with his beliefs or ideas, but the end result was fraud

im not convinced he was unaware of what was happening. if he was, that would suggest a certain unsophistication, and garvey was not unsophisticated. to the contrary, he was highly intelligent. he was in my opinion intelligent enough to comprehend the business dealings of the organization he led. ultimately the buck stops with garvey.

LORD NOSE
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM
but the end result was fraud

im not convinced he was unaware....... .... if .......... in my opinion ..........

you can be highly intelligent and still get set up and made to look like a fool

drippie k
06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
^^^it said you edited my post, what did you edit?

Krusha
06-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Garvey is the PROPHET!

LORD NOSE
06-27-2009, 07:19 PM
^^^it said you edited my post, what did you edit?

the sig was turned off

Fatal Guillotine
05-11-2011, 11:31 AM
great man

one of the great books pertaining to garveys work is the philosophy and opinions of marcus garvey

ChristO
05-13-2011, 10:04 PM
he was a great man. that was my brother, G. moses...

june181972
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Being anti-Marcus Garvey and his ideology = the white man's fear of genetic annihilation

Fatal Guillotine
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
"In these modern days there came a forerunner of Jesus [Prophet Drew Ali], who was divinely prepared by the great God-Allah and his name is Marcus Garvey, who did teach and warn the nations of the earth to prepare to meet the coming Prophet; who was to bring the true and divine Creed of Islam, and his name is Noble Drew Ali who was prepared and sent to this earth by Allah, to teach the old time religion and the everlasting gospel to the sons of men. That every nation shall and must worship under their own vine and fig tree, and return to their own and be one with their Father God-Allah." ~ Prophet Noble Drew Ali, HKMSTA Ch. 48 v. 3

theres a reason behind this but yall not ready for this yet (im going to expound on this in a future post)

7'smatrix
06-05-2012, 06:42 AM
"In these modern days there came a forerunner of Jesus [Prophet Drew Ali], who was divinely prepared by the great God-Allah and his name is Marcus Garvey, who did teach and warn the nations of the earth to prepare to meet the coming Prophet; who was to bring the true and divine Creed of Islam, and his name is Noble Drew Ali who was prepared and sent to this earth by Allah, to teach the old time religion and the everlasting gospel to the sons of men. That every nation shall and must worship under their own vine and fig tree, and return to their own and be one with their Father God-Allah." ~ Prophet Noble Drew Ali, HKMSTA Ch. 48 v. 3

theres a reason behind this but yall not ready for this yet (im going to expound on this in a future post)

What's the reason? I'm ready. Can't put belief in everything you read...

Peace.

Fatal Guillotine
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
in the Circle 7 Koran Marcus Garvey (sometimes refer to as St. Garvey-bey) Is Referred To As The Harbringer Of Light im going to have to expound on this in a upcoming post (got alot im working with so stay tune)