PDA

View Full Version : Non dairy milk, such as rice milk?

netscape check two
06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't like cow's milk. I've hardly drank it since I was a little kid. I've tried different types of milk including rice milk(from brown rice). I just recently tried Hemp Milk. It has all the essential amino acids and a good balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6. Also soy milk is pretty good. I'd like to try oat milk, and I'm not a big fan of almond milk. Does anyone else here drink some of these? What are your thoughts on the nutrition involved with them? Some people call me a hippie, while they take a break from sucking on a cow's udder.

LORD NOSE
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
whole raw milk is said to be good - just bought some - can't use it till tomorrow -

Mumm Ra
06-22-2009, 07:36 PM
the only time I ever consume milk is with cereal
the usual 2% or whatev
but yeah I don't like the stuff straight either
never tried much of the alternatives

LORD NOSE
06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
will make a banana strawberry drink out of it tomorrow - i'll email yall some if you want

netscape check two
06-22-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't use milk in my cereal, and I get people looking at me like I'm a nazi zombie when I eat the cereal dry in the bowl.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/240054241_d3371703b1.jpg

Cee Oh Vee
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Try goat's milk?

Mumm Ra
06-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't use milk in my cereal, and I get people looking at me like I'm a nazi zombie when I eat the cereal dry in the bowl.

I actually did that until I was like 14.
I got similar reactions.

will make a banana strawberry drink out of it tomorrow - i'll email yall some if you want
haha you can email drinks? that's that next level shit
yeah email me like a pint homie I'll try it

LORD NOSE
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I actually did that until I was like 14.
I got similar reactions.

haha you can email drinks? that's that next level shit
yeah email me like a pint homie I'll try it

ahight - but its about 4 GB

i'll send it in parts through sendspace

you'll need winrar to extract it

the password is - goodstuff

Lex Lugor
06-22-2009, 09:08 PM
thats the future i dream of

tajeco
06-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I like Vanilla Silk soymilk. I was a vegan for a few years, I eat cheese again, but still prefer soymilk. Those "milk - it does a body good" commercials and ads are paid for by the dairy industry. There's like twice the amount of calcium in brussel sprouts than milk. Human babies need human breast milk, baby cows need cow milk. Cows are artificially inseminated so they'll become pregnant and continue producing milk. Then the calf is born and a lot of times thrown in a cage to become veal.
Damn, now I feel bad about eating cheese again

whitey
06-23-2009, 12:57 AM
I like Vanilla Silk soymilk. I was a vegan for a few years, I eat cheese again, but still prefer soymilk. Those "milk - it does a body good" commercials and ads are paid for by the dairy industry. Human babies need human breast milk, baby cows need cow milk. We don't need it really, except for my cheese suckas. There's like twice the amount of calcium in brussel sprouts than milk

i used to love milk.

but now it makes me shit myself.

a lactose intolerance if you will.

i drink that vanilla soy milk these days. mostly only with whey protein. i dont really fucks with cereal anymore, unfortunately.

tajeco
06-23-2009, 01:08 AM
you quoted me before I re-posted my edit. haha

If you're lactose intolerant, there's some good ice creams made out of soymilk. Check out the Turtle Mountain company's products

netscape check two
06-23-2009, 01:59 AM
No love for rice milk? I also had a brand that had a mixture of soy and rice, but I forget what the brand was.

LORD NOSE
06-23-2009, 02:04 AM
soy leaves a white film in your body

drippie k
06-23-2009, 02:28 PM
i love milk..ever since i was little, i always drink a glass of 2% before i go to bed...straight, mixed with chocolate, strawberry or banana, with cereal...its all good....just can't stand whole milk, my grandma drinks that shit, its all thick n gross

New Hills 36
06-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi

A very interesting book by a guy called Daniel Reid is called 'The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity'. Enough there for a few posts but on diet he is MEGA down on pastuerized milk. Too much too quote but I'll go with this

'During the 1930's Dr Frank Pottenger concluded a 10 year study on the relative effects of pasteurized and raw milk diets on 900 cats. One group received nothing but raw whole milk while the other got pasteurized. The raw milk roup thrived remaining healthy active ans alert. The group fed on pasteurised milk oon became listless confused and vulnerable to a whole host od diseases normally associated with humans. But what caught Dr Pottengers attention most was what happened to the second and third generations. The first generation of PM group were all born with poor teeth, weak bones. Many kiitens of the third generation PM were still born while those that survived were sterile. The experiment had to end there because there was no forth generation of PM cats'.

Gonna post this also in the raw milk thead.

nb Check Two - can I ask a favour? Can you change that picture man? Me no like!

netscape check two
06-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Why don't you like the picture? You no like?

Visionz
06-24-2009, 02:32 AM
I've never had a problem with milk myself but guys should watch out how much soy milk one consumes as it can raise estrogen levels. Wouldn't want any of you running around with bitch tits (unintentionally) :b

LORD NOSE
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
I've never had a problem with milk myself but guys should watch out how much soy milk one consumes as it can raise estrogen levels. Wouldn't want any of you running around with bitch tits (unintentionally) :b

deep - didn't know that until now - just confirmed that it is true -

most Margarine or all margarine is made from soy oil -

netscape check two
06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah there seems to be a lot of controversy over the soy thing affecting people's health negatively or not.

LORD NOSE
06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Elijah, in his book How To Eat To Live, warned us of soy

all of a sudden so many health nuts are popping up, but they don't know what they are doing - but they are getting closer and closer to what he has been instructing us to do

some need to learn the hard way

netscape check two
06-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Well I recommend people to try some hemp milk.

Visionz
06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah there seems to be a lot of controversy over the soy thing affecting people's health negatively or not.I think its mostly guys that need to be worried. I don't think women have anything to worry about.

netscape check two
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, but there have been other health issues brought up concerning soy, such as it having a suppressing affect on the thyroid.