PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Beat

Noodles
06-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I made this on fruity loops, which i still haven't completely figured out. Let me know what you think, as in what you like, what can be improved, etc. Thanks.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/617316253ddd5a7b/]11.mp3

Shogah
06-23-2009, 06:54 AM
It's not bad, i like that strange violin sound, is that composed or sample?

you miss the bass.

Add the bass.

Noodles
06-23-2009, 12:53 PM
It's actually a horn sample, but i sped it up and raised the pitch so it sounds like something different. I've been trying to create a good bass line for a while, but with no luck. I'm considering taking the easy way out and just using bass booster on the sample.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
06-23-2009, 01:23 PM
i remember chek using that exact sample lmao

Erap
06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
yeah kid the beat was pretty dope for your first. and the bass boost thing to the sample for bass was actualy a tip i wrote a while back on the tips and tricks thread on here...i've used that plenty of times and it worked for me and it works on this too but only when the sample is playing cause when it's not ur gonna have to creat 1 but good beat peace..

Boss_Digger
06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah not bad for a first at all man!!! the drums where pretty good and you kept them interesting which is a plus!!! You could shop around for some non stock sounds tho! That would def improve things, whether you find decent kits or chop up some drum breaks! bass is lacking a bit but you could add your own bassline or use low end theory (see youtube) for that! Sample was known but you chopped it ok, the backgound samp I wasnt keen on as much sounded out of time compared to the rest so you could chop that up and space that out differently to make it fit.

Be sure to look through the tip and tricks thread ........and the tutorial thread in the downloads and links section of the audio booth!! These should help you on your journey!!

props kid keep up the good work!!!!