PDA

View Full Version : a couple of errors i've noticed on the forum's main page

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
06-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Know The Ledge (5 Viewing)
Knowledge. Post here about Politics, current world affairs and such. If you dont understand whats being said, or have nothing decent to contribute, stay out.

there should be an apostrophe after the t in "whats"

Temple Of Darts (2 Viewing)
MC's can post there own lyrics for comments and suggestions from other artists

it should be "their" and not "there"

(i know i don't always type things as accurately as i should do sometimes cos i don't actually proof read what i type.)

Prolifical ENG
06-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I remember seeing errors in those....politics shouldnt be capitalized either. You could say there shouldnt be 2 commas in that first sentence.

JASPER
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
there should be an apostrophe after the t in "whats"

it should be "their" and not "there"

(i know i don't always type things as accurately as i should do sometimes cos i don't actually proof read what i type.)You're a cunt.

mastapowerful
06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
You're a cunt.

It's Yore!!!

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I remember seeing errors in those....politics shouldnt be capitalized either. You could say there shouldnt be 2 commas in that first sentence.

?

do you mean the 2 commas in the second sentence? the first comma is unnecessary, don't know about the second.

also

Sound Shack (4 Viewing)
Discussion on any other genre's of music gets posted in here. From Rock to Jazz, any genre besides hip hop

i think the apostrophe in "genre's" is unnecessary.

You're a cunt.

like i said in my first post, i make mistakes too, everyone does. i just thought grammatical errors on the main page of a forum makes the forum look bad.

Tage
06-26-2009, 10:55 AM
It's Yore!!!

hahahahah

diggy
06-26-2009, 10:50 PM
You could say there shouldnt be 2 commas in that first sentence.

Actually, those 2 commas in the second sentence should be there. The first one connects a complex sentence together indicated by the word 'or', and the second one, emphasizes a pause. It is correct.

EAGLE EYE
06-27-2009, 01:35 AM
ok which one is that slut TryXX

http://blog.cleveland.com/ent_impact_arts/2008/05/large_z-bee0507.jpg

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
06-27-2009, 11:53 AM
also:

The Sports Zone
All Sports welcome. From Football to Chess, talk about your favourite Sports Inside.

the initial caps for "Sports Inside" is unnecessary.

Scriptures Forum (1 Viewing)
Discuss the printed arts in books, poetry, comics

this should either have "and" instead of the comma after "poetry" or end with a comma and "etc" after "comics".

ok which one is that slut TryXX

http://blog.cleveland.com/ent_impact_arts/2008/05/large_z-bee0507.jpg

less of the slut, thank you. and the capitalisation of the x's in my name was unnecessary. :)9:(

Prolifical ENG
06-27-2009, 03:17 PM
When I first noticed the punctuation is when I was renaming the other hidden forums.

I didnt bother editing them then and now because I'm tempted to rewrite so of them and take longer.

JASPER
06-27-2009, 03:41 PM
^ Bitch whipped.