Krusha
06-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Aight...

Shogah
06-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Beatles?

Rollo
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Stones. Beatles were more simplistic with their music and if it wasn't for the fact that they were different than anyone else at the time and that every 14 year old girl on the planet wanted to fuck them, nobody would even consider regarding them in the same category as the rolling stones.

Senator C. Palantine
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Stones.

Someone should have shot Mick way back.

Tommy
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
It has to be The Beatles.

beautifulrock
06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Beatles by a long shot

oDoUoSoKo
06-29-2009, 09:41 PM
hmm

Urban_Journalz
06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
The Rolling Stones. The Beatles were dope and definitely safer as far as mainstream is concerned, but The Stones??? Man, shit like, "Get Off Of My Cloud", "Paint It Black", "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and my all time favorite, "Time Is On My Side", those fuckers were serious wildmen.

GZAjector
06-29-2009, 11:34 PM
wow. i never thought dusk would pick da stones. but i don't know him like that, it's just previous beatles threads made me think it'd be no question. learn something new eryday ah? lol

but come to think of it tho, it's a fuckin tough choice tho, because they're both ill as fuck, but goddamn...beatles got this. c'mon!!!!!!!!!

maybe not in terms of longevity or live shows or whatever, but in terms of creativity and catalogue and drug consumpton and band member deaths and fucking sgt. peppers lonely hearts club band, fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

i gotta go with the liverpudlians

but damn the stones are fucking great, i never appreciated them as much growing up, as i do now, and it ain;t got shit to do with any individual member or anything. like i know some peeps who are like, yo keith richards is taht dude, or mick jagger is that dude. nah, bands like the beatles and the stones are a fucking team man IMO. without certain elements they jsut aren;t what they are, IMO.

but yeah, good fucking poll tough decision, but i made it and i stand by it

GZAjector
06-30-2009, 12:25 AM
actually i don't want to get caught up in some shit, so i take back the beatles drug consumption as having trumped the stones.

maybe all of them combined MIGHT take keith richards, but i doubt it. but i stick with them musically over the stones

Visionz
06-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Stones. Beatles were more simplistic with their music and if it wasn't for the fact that they were different than anyone else at the time and that every 14 year old girl on the planet wanted to fuck them, nobody would even consider regarding them in the same category as the rolling stones.
opinions are opinions but idk why anyone would think the Beatles were simplistic with what they did. They had an incredible amount of variations in sound from record to record and track to track. Songs like Eleanor Rigby and My Guitar Gently Weeps, fucking brilliance.

both great bands but I just like the Beatles more.

the scarecrow
06-30-2009, 01:26 PM
stones

oDoUoSoKo
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
ok heres the thing, i absolutely LOVE The Beatles and i think the music they did when they had the chance to was brilliant, fantastic, and utterly incomparible. But.....they broke up, and the stones ARE STILL TOGETHER..eloels..and through the years they have dropped so many classic albums and just overall fantastic songs of their own. some people will say..well its not fair to say the stones are better because they have lasted longer as a band...but that means u can only compare their 60's stuff,which isnt fair....cuz than u have to completely ignore 2 decades worth of great music....smh hell no. can anyone here honestly tell me Let it Be is a BETTER ALBUM than either Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers? (let it be came out in b/w these two) anyways....i love the beats but i cant live without my stones...eloels.

oDoUoSoKo
06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
sorry to do 2 posts but i do wanna point out that, generally speaking when i have this conversation with people...they dont know shit about the stones, or dont know alot of beatles songs...so theyll be like "WHITE ALBUM>>>>>>>>>>>>WHOLE STONES CAREER" which is pretty much the clearest sign of deafness and mental retardation there is...lmao.

MAYOR QUIMBY
06-30-2009, 11:00 PM
People actually voted for Rolling Stones being better than The Beatles??

Rollo
07-01-2009, 06:24 PM
opinions are opinions but idk why anyone would think the Beatles were simplistic with what they did. They had an incredible amount of variations in sound from record to record and track to track. Songs like Eleanor Rigby and My Guitar Gently Weeps, fucking brilliance.

both great bands but I just like the Beatles more.

You can't tell me My Guitar Gently Weeps was complex though.
Forget the feeling it gives you and consider what is actually being played there.
The progression of the song is not amazing in structure, the chords are repetitive and the vocals don't pull of something amazing that no other group could ever accomplish.

Same thing with Nowhere Man as well.
I can tolerate the Beatles, but the status given to them is just laughable.
George Harrison is not Eric Clapton or Roy Buchanan and none of them were amazing vocalists by any stretch...

I just don't see why they are the greatest if they aren't as technical as other musicians.
Influence and feeling and sincerity should not out weigh skill and talent.

oDoUoSoKo
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM
People actually voted for Rolling Stones being better than The Beatles??
duh...lmao.

Pattch82
07-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm, this is a tough one.

I've loved the Beatles since I was a kid so I kinda wanna vote for them, but I been gettin' more and more into the Stones over the last couple of years! The run of Stones albums from Aftermath right through to Exile On Main St. is just totally fuckin' classic!!! Not to mention all the early singles too!

This will probs change from day to day, but right now I'm gonna go with the Stones.

ps. Check out my cool as fuck Keith Richards t-shirt...

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs107.snc1/4608_93160707055_691472055_2520457_3295926_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2520458&id=691472055)

Peace!

Visionz
07-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, this is a tough one.

I've loved the Beatles since I was a kid so I kinda wanna vote for them, but I been gettin' more and more into the Stones over the last couple of years! The run of Stones albums from Aftermath right through to Exile On Main St. is just totally fuckin' classic!!! Not to mention all the early singles too!

This will probs change from day to day, but right now I'm gonna go with the Stones.

ps. Check out my cool as fuck Keith Richards t-shirt...

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs107.snc1/4608_93160707055_691472055_2520457_3295926_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2520458&id=691472055)

Peace!
completely off subject but friends don't let friends drink flavored malt beverages :nonono: There's a beer recommendations thread in general chat you should start researching :lmao: nice shirt though

oDoUoSoKo
07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Keith is the man.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-03-2009, 02:08 PM
stones all day, could give a long drawn out explanation as i typically do, but stones' stuff just sounds better to me lol

Slide
07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I think The Beatles is the best

Krusha
07-05-2009, 12:46 PM
This Poll is 2 hard 2 handle!

TSA
07-05-2009, 12:52 PM
beatles with ease in every aspect of everything

whoever said their music was simple is a douche
-7NoOhmVMac

and whoever said they were moe mainstream friendly is ignite, they were mainstream friendly cause they were innovative enough to constantly define what mainstream is.
A7F2X3rSSCU

TSA
07-05-2009, 12:56 PM
the ridiculous amount of range the beatles showed over the stones is enough to make this thread a joke
cAgyocABS0U

Z3OXDwmlEZE

k83H2fRc02I

Shogah
07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Some relatively unknown Beatles joints

zA_2pLQJj-U

L8Vx6E26lFM

this one is classic, rza sampled it for You'll never know

on3XBTouSf0

also one of my favourites

I want to point out how the sound of beatles could be found in many, many artists from various genres. From pop, to brit pop, to alternative sounds, not to mention rock n roll.

I am not sure if rollingstones made such a big impact on the modern music as a whole in compare to bealtes. Just my thoughts.

6 Brix
07-14-2009, 09:23 AM
:)

Slide
07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
:)

oDoUoSoKo
07-14-2009, 07:33 PM
the ridiculous amount of range the beatles showed over the stones is enough to make this thread a joke
cAgyocABS0U

Z3OXDwmlEZE

k83H2fRc02I
youve yet to prove that...go passed the 60s eloels.

The Hound
07-22-2009, 02:30 AM

^^ Hasn't heard Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I was never a fan of the Stones and always found them to be quite overrated. Beatles by a long shot.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-22-2009, 07:49 AM
really the comparison is ridiculous considering the amount of (classic) material that the stones produced after the beatles disbanded; are you going to then add in john lennon's solo material and wings to balance it out? because that would drag down the overall rating of the beatles' discography...also, if you are comparing overall careers are you going to overlook the beatles period as a glorified cover band and the numerous bland pop albums they made? the psychedelic/experimental albums are only a handful...i swear it's like alot of people just like the beatles and rate them so highly because they've been conditioned to.

BGS
07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
the beatles because my father always played them in the car when i was a child...and i don't like the stones...

INF
07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Thats dope how the stones just keep gigging but I still voted against them though.

oDoUoSoKo
07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
smh^^ eloels, welcome back btw..seems like u been out for a while