PDA

View Full Version : why do they always ignore MJ's Dangerous album?

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
i was gonn amake this thread earlier, but since his death the ignoring of this great album has got even higher. They even did a timeline of MJ life yesterday in the times, and it completely skipped Dangerous!!

This albums fucking classic imo, its def his blackist album (at the time of release), im guessing the white folk werent feeling the Tedddy Riley new jack swing? I thought Teddy on this album was at his genius peak at times, MJ sounded really angry for the first time, and influence? Well put it this way, there would be no Neptunes without this album.

All i would say is that alot of Teddys beats do sound similar in structure, the first 3 tracks have almost identical drum patterns, but its credit to MJ that they all sound like very different songs.

and it had this

tXRL3Yyn-Rc

Prolifical ENG
06-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I rank it #3 in his discography, I remember that video with him on the street after...im im not mistaken at the end of the original showing of that video homer and bart were on it. Thats around the time everyone started shit talking Michael more.

New jack swing is my shit. This album came after what I believe was the peak of new jack swing. Album came out in 1991 and I think the peak was 1990, I still think 1991 was a strong new jack swing year. NJS was almost dead around 1992 and I blame that for R. Kelly's debut flopping.

I agree it was his blackest album....so many things to say why it was his blackest. I just remember the videos.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I loved it. It was the first CD i ever owned.

oDoUoSoKo
06-28-2009, 11:06 PM
his blackest album? wtf?? lmao...im not sure what u mean by that..but if u mean in touch with his rnb/funk/soul roots....refer to a little album called OFF THE WALL...shit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
^^what?? its got nothing to do with any of that, i think it was his album that was most aimed at a black audience, i dont think he ever aimed an album at a white audience on purpose, but by going to the new jack swing (which definitely was a mainly black thing), thats why im saying that.

Obviously im not saying whites cant like this album lol, i just think alot of them didnt give it the time of day, because they werent really into it?

Babyface, Keith Sweat, Guy, they were all mainly popular in the black community, so its actually pretty obvious why I said it was his blackest album.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I rank it #3 in his discography, I remember that video with him on the street after...im im not mistaken at the end of the original showing of that video homer and bart were on it. Thats around the time everyone started shit talking Michael more.

ya i remember this...black or white, right? it premiered in the us on fox on a thursday night after an episode of the simpsons if i'm not mistaken...i was in like 2nd grade at the time lol

r and b owes so much to michael jackson's entire catalogue, most of these derivative bastards would be bagging groceries if not for him setting an example...

anyway, dangerous is cool...it has 'remember the times' on it which was one of my favorite songs as a kid...the invincible album or whatever it was called is underrated too...'butterflies' is a nice jam

i had forgotten about the song u posted laced, slash on the gee-tar ftw

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I still remember watching "Remember The Time" with my family when it first aired and everyone with their mouths open at how amazing the special effects were, ha.

Twiztid-Wutang
07-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Dangerous is and always has been my favorite MJ album to be honest

oDoUoSoKo
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
i think it was his album that was most aimed at a black audience
i see what u mean by this

Pattch82
07-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Whenever I'm in an MJ mood this is always the album I spin forst... love almost every track on here! I love the intro to 'In The Closet', fave track though is probs 'Who Is It', always loved that one!

Pretty much all of his post-Bad output gets ignored because people think it didnt match up to his other solo's with Quincy, but I regularly spin the Dangerous and Invincible albums and the new tracks on the HIStory album are good too!

RIP Michael Jackson, greatest to ever do it!

Peace!

CharlesJones
07-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Dangerous album does get overlooked. It's a pretty good album. He had some good jams on there like Can't Let Her Get Away, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, She's Driving Me Wild, In The Closet. I haven't heard Invincible yet but i'm gonna check it out. I heard that he has some unreleased music that's gonna come out.

Poetic Wun
07-13-2009, 07:03 PM
i liked all the non-commercial tracks on here [save JAM].
BOW, RTT, HTW... all got played out. i won't change the station if they on or if the vids on but i will skip those tracks. thats my opinion but taking general reception into consideration above my own opinion, i think this album is definitley slept on as far as MJ goes.

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2009, 10:43 PM
do you remember, *AH, TSS, OOH* eloels.

TAURO
07-14-2009, 12:52 AM
I didn't really like it that much so I gave it a miss. The songs I did like on that album appear already on a compilation that I also own.

The Void
07-14-2009, 02:47 AM
I haven't heard Invincible yet but i'm gonna check it out.
I think the best song on that album is this one with Carlos Santana.

mLxs1l3l4HE