PDA

View Full Version : How many hours of sports per week did you do back in school?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
and what kind of sports did your school offer? i thought it would be interesting to know what schools in other countries offer their kids in way of sports.

i think i only had about 2 hours per week. in my old school, we did:

football
field hockey
tennis
swimming
basketball
badminton
table tennis
judo
netball
cricket
rounders
lacrosse
athletics
volleyball
gymnastics

netscape check two
07-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Gym class?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-05-2009, 11:49 PM
i don't understand your question. what does "gym class?" even mean? was that the only sport you did in school?

GZAjector
07-06-2009, 01:14 AM
nah, gym class pretty much encompasses all those things you were naming

roller hockey and baseball were my shit. prolly like 20 hours a week at least, can't remember this was like 10-12 year agon.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-06-2009, 01:30 AM
your school made everyone do 20 hours per week?

we just call it PE here.

i didn't do any sports outside of school, only in school.

GZAjector
07-06-2009, 01:41 AM
nah, the school was like an hour a day.

outside of school was like 20.

maybe i should have been reading more instead ha

and yeah we called it PE too

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-06-2009, 02:51 AM
roller hockey and baseball were my shit.

did your school offer any other sports? could you choose which sport you wanted to do and opt out of ones you didn't want to do?

Tage
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
we done like 2 hours per week... but i was in a few teams ontop of that... football, cricket, rugby...swimming(junior school) haha... i even represented my school once at tennis, even though i was shocking. come 2nd in a long jump event once aswell.

then around the last year of school i started smoking weed alot. so about half of our football team would just escape from school and go for a smoke. lol... in year 11 i think our team played only a couple matches because the first choicers couldnt be fucked.

...should have kept it up really.

HANZO
07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
theres a massive difference in the way sport is done in the US than in England. maybe the gym / PE classes are the same. 2 hours a week.

i went to a sports academy so we had all sports available.

i was on the basketball team mainly. for 4 years of my secondary school life i played on the team. we won the North London league all the time, it was pretty easy considering our team was the biggest in the league. but that was it we only played against 8 teams every season. never played a South London team. while in America high school teams have national championships. theres the actual difference.

i was also on the Rugby team for a brief period. our school could never actually form a rugby team cause it didnt appeal to anyone in my school. for one year we had a team it was basically a mix of the basketball, football and athletics team. we were fucking good, but none of us really knew the rules too well so we would be in trouble more often than not, then we got disqualified from the league due to a fight which broke out in one of our games.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
in grade school, i think we had gym class twice a week for an hour.

In High School, i think you had to take two years of gym, but you only took it for half a year...but during that half year, you had gym everyday for an hour.

The other half of the year you either took health one year and typing the next, or at least thats what I did.

We had a pool in my school so i remember swimming, basketball, softball, dodgeball, kickball, running, flag football, soccer, floor hockey, weightlifting, volleyball.

all that shit.

some time we would just have open gym.

all the fags played soccer and all the real men played basketball. Of course I played basketball.

Tage
07-08-2009, 07:56 AM

In High School, i think you had to take two years of gym, but you only took it for half a year...but during that half year, you had gym everyday for an hour.

The other half of the year you either took health one year and typing the next, or at least thats what I did.

We had a pool in my school so i remember swimming, basketball, softball, dodgeball, kickball, running, flag football, soccer, floor hockey, weightlifting, volleyball.

all that shit.

all the fags played soccer and all the real men played basketball. Of course I played basketball.

so the real men pranced around on a court next to the netball ladies? while the fags where playing one of the most athletic and skillful sports? ok.

lol.... what's "kickball"?

Compulsion
07-08-2009, 08:33 AM

all that shit.

Fuck yeah the Flag Football/Basketball PE class was the shit. Only let you take it once because it was the most popular one though.

Compulsion
07-08-2009, 08:36 AM
so the real men pranced around on a court next to the netball ladies? while the fags where playing one of the most athletic and skillful sports? ok.

lol.... what's "kickball"?

Prancing would not be how I would describe the basketball games played at my High School, but to each their own. It is a pointless argument it is a matter of personal opinion which sport is best. Soccer is not popular in the USA by in large, but the local team sells a ton here. Then again, so did the NBA team. I have nothing against Soccer, but it is not entertaining to me. I can't stand the NBA anymore either if that helps. lol.

Tage
07-08-2009, 10:08 AM
^lol.. Nicky loves football(soccer) really... he just tries to hide it. its an ongoing discussion that pops up now and again.

RALPH WIGGUM
07-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Please stop saying soccer.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
please stop calling soccer football and I will stop.

netscape check two
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
No offense to the dude who started the thread, but this thread is pretty boring. And does PE stand for Physical Education? Where I went to school, we manly men called it gym class.

beautifulrock
07-08-2009, 06:37 PM
what is rounders??

HANZO
07-08-2009, 06:43 PM
what is rounders??

softball i believe.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
theres a massive difference in the way sport is done in the US than in England. maybe the gym / PE classes are the same. 2 hours a week.

i went to a sports academy so we had all sports available.

i was on the basketball team mainly. for 4 years of my secondary school life i played on the team. we won the North London league all the time, it was pretty easy considering our team was the biggest in the league. but that was it we only played against 8 teams every season. never played a South London team. while in America high school teams have national championships. theres the actual difference.

i was also on the Rugby team for a brief period. our school could never actually form a rugby team cause it didnt appeal to anyone in my school. for one year we had a team it was basically a mix of the basketball, football and athletics team. we were fucking good, but none of us really knew the rules too well so we would be in trouble more often than not, then we got disqualified from the league due to a fight which broke out in one of our games.

lol @ getting disqualified from the league.

i wasn't aware that there were any south london basketball teams.

all that shit.

what's flag football?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
No offense to the dude who started the thread, but this thread is pretty boring. And does PE stand for Physical Education? Where I went to school, we manly men called it gym class.

do you guys call it "gym class" because you do all your sports in the gym hall?

and yes, PE stands for physical education.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
flag football is football played without tackling because obviously they wont let you play tackle without pads in school. So you wear a belt with flags on the side and if you grab a flag, the person is tackled.

Kickball is like baseball and played in America by gradeschoolers. Pretty much all of the rules of baseball apply, only you use a rubber bouncy ball about the size of a basketball and when you 'bat' you kick it.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-08-2009, 08:18 PM
to HAN and anyone else who has an opinion,

if we did have a few national sports leagues here, and the games were to be televised. the kids would effectively become famous if they are highly skilled in their game. can you think of any objections that people may have to this idea?

HANZO
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
to HAN and anyone else who has an opinion,

if we did have a few national sports leagues here, and the games were to be televised. the kids would effectively become famous if they are highly skilled in their game. can you think of any objections that people may have to this idea?

It wouldnt really work, cause the thing is in England if you wanna be a pro in sport you can leave school at 16 and be a pro. nothings really holding you back. in America to play in the NBA or something now you gotta atleast go to college for one year. they push for the education. so if you start having national leagues in England all the kids who do the sports will leave school at 16 and become a pro.

netscape check two
07-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Adult kickball leagues are also real popular:

http://www.kickball.com/

netscape check two
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM
do you guys call it "gym class" because you do all your sports in the gym hall?

and yes, PE stands for physical education.

I remember in elementary school, during the gym class we were climbing up ropes, and one of the female students fell down like from the very top of the rope. Luckily there was a mat below, and she just had the wind knocked out of her. When I got into the higher grades, I remember the ropes at that school were so high up that you would have most likely died if you fell from the top. Maybe that's why they never had us climb them.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-08-2009, 09:50 PM
It wouldnt really work, cause the thing is in England if you wanna be a pro in sport you can leave school at 16 and be a pro. nothings really holding you back. in America to play in the NBA or something now you gotta atleast go to college for one year. they push for the education. so if you start having national leagues in England all the kids who do the sports will leave school at 16 and become a pro.

i was talking about under 16s national leagues really.

i made this thread because i don't think 2 hours of sports a week is enough for kids. and i'm tired of brits losing when it comes to most competitive sports. i don't think this country makes enough provisions for our potential young athletes.

our kids these days are getting fatter and more and more are becoming obese. the kids don't get enough exercise these days. the parents are too paranoid to let their kids walk to and from school for fear of something bad happening to them. the parents can't let their kids play outside after they come home from school because their kids are at risk of getting mugged for their mobile/mp3 player/football/whatever by older kids. so our kids are basically stuck indoors to play xbox/ps3/whatever and/or getting brainwashed by the shit they show on channels like mtv.

HAN, were the sports teams you were involved in made up of kids from different schools from all over or just kids from the same school?

i think the government should do what they can to encourage kids to be more active, if that means extending the school hours to provide a safe place for kids to play sports then they should do it. extending the school hours would also help single mothers get back into work without the need of hiring child care for their kids.

how many of you have seen something done on tv and thought "i can do that", i was thinking if we televised kids sports games, it would encourage more kids to get into a sport.

netscape check two
07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
One big thing also that keeps kids from being as active is what we are both doing right now. lol

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-08-2009, 09:55 PM
of course.

netscape check two
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
It seems like the only exercise chicks get nowadays is their mouth moving while talking on their stupid cell phones. Broads nowadays can't even suck a proper di*k without being on their cell phones at the same time.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
the Brits do suck as sports

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
It seems like the only exercise chicks get nowadays is their mouth moving while talking on their stupid cell phones. Broads nowadays can't even suck a proper di*k without being on their cell phones at the same time.

you forgot that when girls go shopping we go into every single shop and walk around for hours. i know i can shop for about 6 hours straight and only stopping for a coffee and/or a fag.

and don't forget the girls who like to go out clubbing and dance the night away.