PDA

View Full Version : Dopium

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
07-09-2009, 07:16 PM
In theory we are all on this website because we are wu-tang fans.

I buy new wu releases and kind of like them even though they are sub-par.

I even listened to Slang Prostitution a few times.

But Dopium really is pretty good. I am disappointed that there has not been much discussion about it on this site, including the wu-tang chamber

I don't really like Hips or the song about his cars, or any of those "disco remixes", but there are 9 solid tracks on there, all the beats are simple but really solid, U-God is in close-to-top form, and the guest spots are for the most part on point(especially Scotty Wotty who I never heard of before).

You might not like it if you are a pussy, but otherwise, I recommend this album.

DId anybody else BUY it?

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-09-2009, 07:24 PM
we are not all money bathing jews like yourself

the dopium hype peaked for 3 straight months before it was released, then it came out and was really good, and everyone stopped talking about it right away lol.

wu cahmber fans prefer to talk forever about how wack an album is going to be, rather than talk about the good albums that are out.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-09-2009, 07:26 PM
then there are a few where everyone is talking about how good they are going to be, then when they turn out wack everyone immediately on unison stop talking about them (big doe rehab, slang prostitution)

07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I actually try to avoid the leaks these days. I listened to Train Trussle, and then I quit reading about dopium on this site and avoided all songs until shit dropped.

Waiting for the album to come out and purchasing it at my local Best Buy makes it that more exciting.

Except for lately, wu albums have been mediocre. I don't hate them like half the people on here, or love them like the other half. I usually am slightly entertained and then ultimately slightly disappointed, but don't regret that I bought the album.

But Dopium was actually pretty ill, and like you said, after it dropped, nobody cared.

I also must admit that I kind of liked digi snax too.

07-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Big DoughRehab was the same shit. There were all kinds of threads about the shit when it was leaking, and I patiently waited for it and bought the album the day it came out, thought and still think that it is the best recent wu-album, and then nobody else gave a fuck.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
scotty wotty on stomp da roach is worth the price tag alone

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-09-2009, 07:39 PM
man spidey really let himself go...

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Wu fans in general are drawn to this group for psychological purposes and emotional demands that surpass music. like ghostlaced said, if they can't complain they jump ship. if this was the wu golden age 75% these ppl with fucking loath wutang and wish for the glory days of Spoonie G.

if you think these ppl like wutangs music or hip hop you're damn wrong. the only aspect of hip hop they like is wutang and they like wutang cause these 9 black men fulfill internal longings for patriarchal love, particularly Rza, so they blindly inhale anything wutang shits, warcloud for example, dom pachino, and killa beez.

they just want to be on the side of the loser, and since wutang is the losers in hip hop they fucking love wutang cause they want to love themselves, the loser of their lives. They also want wutang to love them. This is why they buy wu's music regardless of if they like it, as to not upset wutang, or betray them, and blindly defend any and everything wutang does, mainly rza, even if it goes against everything they personally believe in.

mind you it's not even a scarf.

holy popa wu, bateman
this needs to be a new south park epidose

07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
White people made wu-tang gay

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-09-2009, 07:47 PM
white people is like an infectious disease of the brain that has more money than you

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-09-2009, 07:56 PM
fascinating...

i'll never look at the majority of people on this site the same way again.

YungSunny
07-09-2009, 08:35 PM
this nigga like rosie o donnel at bisexual bridal shower.

KERZO
07-12-2009, 09:09 AM
White people made wu-tang gay

the irony :clap:

Huggasaurus Sex
07-12-2009, 11:36 AM
first i have to say that dopium isn't really the best example of how far the level of discourse has fallen simply because 1. it's u-god and 2. it's just not an album that inspires discussion. you throw it on, nod your head to the tunes and try not to think too hard about the shitty lyrics.

but yeah the wu chamber has been getting progressively duller. i think the reality is setting in for a lot of people that there will never be a wu renaissance, which according to wu-tang forum eschatology is some time in an imminent future when wu-tang stops sucking and releases another wave of classic albums, thus reclaiming their righteous claim to the throne of hip-hop. as time passed, the fans at various times placed their hopes for a wu comeback in the linx sequel (ie, rza fans thought he'd be producing the whole album and saw it as an opportunity for him to return to form; gza and ins fans thought they'd take ghost's place on the sequel and come through with their best material in years; then later, ghostface fans did the same; and for a time, people had faith that rae could deliver on his promises, in spite of the delays). this has been shattered.

another thing is that ghostface in the past 6 years or so could almost always be relied upon for having a project on the horizon which stimulated interest because he was the only member making consistently good music. but with his latest project catering to a (presumably more mainstream) RnB audience, he's lost the attention of a lot of wu fans, at least for now.

tack on rza and meth's continuing slide into artistic mediocrity as they seek careers outside their hip-hop origins, gza's seeming lack of interest in making compelling, innovative music, and the rest of them being uninterested in making any music at all, and the conclusion is unavoidable: that wu-tang is no longer a group you follow, but one whose past works you admire and at the present have extremely low expectations about what they're capable of producing in the future. so without any compelling new art being generated, the discussions are confined to fake controversies (buddens), complaints about present and future projects, and the finite number of well-worn wu forum topics which by now only inspire banal references to st.ide's commercials and converse sneakers.

gen chat > wu-tang

Uncle Steezo
07-12-2009, 01:28 PM
wow.
all really good essays. hard to choose who's is the best.
tsa gets extra credit for spelling. good to see sylvan is paying off.
huggah well thought ouit as always.
dan, thats the essay ghostlace turned in last week.

EAGLE EYE
07-12-2009, 01:38 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAA

TiSSa wrote some pretty funny shit and Huggah is dead on.

Scarves are still fucking gay and always will be. Trying to convert your white trash community or internet folk into thinking its an acceptable garment which can be worn in public and taken seriously is just as disgusting as kids trying to let wu tang fulfill the role of "Dad" in their life.

Shogah
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I noticed similar symptoms in wu chamber.

Just enjoy good wu tang music and appreciate that your favourite group still bothers releasing albums, and doing rap music.

And remember

oY-dnvW8J4k

Shogah
07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
And yeah

wu chamber is waiting new 90's era of Wu reign like jews waiting messiah for couple thousands of years.

It ain't coming bitches!