PDA

View Full Version : Wu Corp Game of 2009

NIGHT MAYOR
07-17-2009, 04:17 AM
this is how its going to go:

~PM me your votes, any votes cast in here will not be counted

~You get to vote for 3 games that came out this year (number them, 1 - being favourite, 3 - being third favorite) the game you vote number 1 will get 3 points the game you vote 3 will get one point)

~I dont want console i just want game names

~You can vote for games that havent come out yet but any games not released b4 december 31st 2009 and after January 1st 2009 will not be counted.

- The winner will be announced 2010

:thumbup:

Slide
07-17-2009, 04:23 AM
good idea

Tage
07-20-2009, 09:52 AM
why not vote in here? people will be less inclined to pm you a vote lol (i havent played any 2009 games yet, only Fifa '09 - which is an '08 game)

NIGHT MAYOR
07-21-2009, 05:03 AM
more mystery and suspense for the end of the year - some people may change their votes when they know who is winning.

same reason they dont have a score board up when you vote for president/prime minister

Kingkazim
07-21-2009, 05:44 AM
good idea
il think of a GOTY nearer to december, im yet to play MW2,AC2 and uncharted 2

Tage
07-21-2009, 10:36 AM
more mystery and suspense for the end of the year - some people may change their votes when they know who is winning.

same reason they dont have a score board up when you vote for president/prime minister

good point :clap:

SKANK HILL
09-16-2009, 11:10 PM

Umm, yes, there are running tallies on who has won what seat during the election - all free to air channels run these and the news channels on foxtel do aswell, so I don't know where you get this idea that you don't what is happening during the election and usually by the time they start tallying the Western Australia votes the election has been won.

Also, this is a shitty voting system - you should have everybody nominate games per system, tally up the nominations from a certain tally and up then run polls to find out the winner - how are you going to say no platforms when there are PS3, Xbobx360 and PC only games?

Good idea but not the best voting system.

:chef:

NIGHT MAYOR
09-27-2009, 07:48 AM
what ? so ..... the day people vote there is a system in place that counts the vote and adds it to a tallie ? wtf are you talking about, the votes are not counted untill the voting day is finished, there are "polls" which are a small majority of peoples SAID vote but nothing that counts each vote as in comes in.

go make your own thread. fuckin hell.

SKANK HILL
09-27-2009, 09:19 AM
What the fuck are YOU talking about? Voting closes at 5 or 6 and then the tallying begins and a running tally is kept hence why the election outcome is usually known around 11 even though not all of the votes have been tallied. I figured this part didn't need explaining.

I gave you advice on how to make it better not some bullshit no specific console voting, pm me your vote bullshit system.

w/e.

:chef:

RagnaroK
09-27-2009, 03:54 PM
i'll already know whats my first vote but i can't pm you yet not until i get to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Tekken 6 this is one of the best years for gamers

NIGHT MAYOR
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
What the fuck are YOU talking about? Voting closes at 5 or 6 and then the tallying begins

consider now till the end of the year the voting day.

100pr00f
11-05-2009, 05:25 AM
the new call of duty will win

RagnaroK
11-05-2009, 07:49 AM
i go with SFIV Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Tekken 6

pro.Graveface
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
probly cod will win I hear its a multi comercialonliner hehe, but without any doubt on earth NGS2 best game of 09 and I'll tell ya the game of 010 Hokuto Musou I got a real big feelin on this 1 ever since tecmo starded fuckin with koei man o man
PEACE

NIGHT MAYOR
01-07-2010, 01:09 AM
obviously this thread was a bust, i had like 5 people pm me - so yeah.

shaolinsword
01-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Should've done it with votes

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-30-2010, 04:39 AM
I just don't want COD:MW2 to win lol

NIGHT MAYOR
01-31-2010, 08:28 AM
dude the game shits on anything else brought out last year

fps = best games

cod mw2 = best game of 09

multiplayer + spec ops + capaign = best game ever released.... EVER (yes better than halo 3)

i think Reach will take out twenty ten

shaolinsword
01-31-2010, 08:45 AM
^For the 360 maybe. It's going to be hard to beat MAG

Tage
01-31-2010, 09:40 AM
obviously this thread was a bust, i had like 5 people pm me - so yeah.

haha ;)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-31-2010, 10:04 AM
FIRST, about PCs, why I don't consider MW2 the best game.

as far as MW2 singleplayer goes

any studio can make a FPS game that's so linear as Call of Duty, they are making it spectacular, but for real, the story is so over the top it's not funny, no character development [*kreh* Operation Flashpoint...for real, don't give character names if it's not going to matter], and, maybe too linear. Halo 1 [!!!] shits on it as far as AI goes.
the whole franchise is made in the same way, and I will admit, I enjoy every CoD the first time I play it, but NO BATTLE was ever intense and well thought like the final battle in HalfLife2:Episode 2, for instance. Every second run I ever gave the games were a waste of time, since most CoD games don't have secrets [the first MW did tho, which is a plus]. MW2 is shorter than MW1 tho :/

now Multiplayer is great, but there is still room for improvements and to be fair, MW2MP is just as enjoyable as MW's, but that's cuz it's almost the same. MW3 will have to expand the idea or I guess they'll see people return to the first two [the same happened with COD2 and COD4, people went back to COD]

now, to my point why MW2 don't deserve to be the top game of 2009...
MW2's rivals were Left4Dead2 which is amazing and Borderlands ...and they are great games on their own, perfected and balanced, well ok, Borderlands is going to be polished some more this year, but who said the other two games won't be?

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is maybe not a perfect game, but it deserves a mention too.
Then u have Ceville, an adventure game that's combining old school gaming with 3D.
Need for Speed: Shift was the right turn for the franchise, everyone who tried it can confirm it.

And then there are 6 games that totally dominated on the PC and I rated them better than all of these noted up there.
-Dawn Of War2
-Empire: Total War
-Demigod
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Machinarium
and of course, my fav. of '09
Dragon Age: Origins... probably the only game I would give a 90+ rating from last year, for the PC at least.

Shit, even Sims3 can compete here. Totally forgot about that one.

LoL about MW2 being the best game, ur totally caught in the hype, it's like saying Avatar or Titanic is the best movie ever made. It's MP is fun, but it's because it's made by the same concept as before. Campaign? Not so grand. Now my critic sense needs to inform you that I rate MW2 8/10. Don't think I think MW2 is wack, cuz it isn't, it's just that Infinity Ward never holds the promise about right[ing] the wrongs from previous games. I just don't share your entusiams and saying MW2 is better than HalfLife2 or Deus Ex.
--

And for real, MW2 ain't got shit on Bayonetta. That game is just so fucking unreal.

Mumm Ra
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
damn wera all that and no Fallout 3 mention?
that was by far my favorite game of the year and I own MW2

Buzk
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
^ Fallout 3 came out in 08, the original anyway. the add ons came in 09 tho, guess that dosent count.

Mumm Ra
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
ah shit you're right, october 28 - two months away from '09
i say close enough though, i played that shit regularly through all of '09 pretty much

Buzk
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
ye me too. bought it 09, and it's pretty much the only game ive been playing this year, except for fifa, (havent been playing that much seeee?), which means that im not liabel to nominate anything :(

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-01-2010, 04:48 AM
yeah, Fallout3 becomes a real beauty with all of those DLC ['cept one, the Mothership or what is it called, that one was boring IMO]

but of course, that would've been in the game if Bethesda weren't so greedy...at least two DLC's could've been in the game right at the start. the problem now is that if they make a Fallout4, it's practically going to be the same as the 3 one, so there is a better idea, they should re-do Fallout 1 with this engine

what do you guys think?

shaolinsword
02-01-2010, 06:25 AM
yeah, Fallout3 becomes a real beauty with all of those DLC ['cept one, the Mothership or what is it called, that one was boring IMO]

but of course, that would've been in the game if Bethesda weren't so greedy...at least two DLC's could've been in the game right at the start. the problem now is that if they make a Fallout4, it's practically going to be the same as the 3 one, so there is a better idea, they should re-do Fallout 1 with this engine

what do you guys think?

Fallout 1 would only work on the PC though so that sucks for me :(

I really hope Bethesda aren't allowed to be devs for anything like that any more. Oblivion and Fallout 3 (on the consoles anyway) were buggy as fuck so they obviously don't use a decent QC team

There's another Fallout coming out this year though called something like New Vegas

Mumm Ra
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM

what do you guys think?

like shaolinsword said, New Vegas has been in the works for a while now -
i actually don't mind if it's going to be practically like F3, I mean Fallout 2 was practically like Fallout 1 with a different story and minor improvements....
as long as Bethesda makes several improvements (which I don't see how they wouldn't) then I'm 100% down with a new Fallout.

besides....yall don't know how much i played the fuck out of Fallout 1 and 2 lmao. I bet I've beat Fallout 1 like 10-15 times, and that's not a short game - fuckin love those games.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
yeah but it's not going to be major improvements like in Mass Effect series

they should develop the characters like Bioware do, that makes the game more 'real' and exciting

Buzk
02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
time to make a New Vegas thread?

Mumm Ra
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
naaah
there's zero info on it right now, other than the fact its being made

SKAMPOE
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
MW2 > any game ever made prior to its greatness....

Sativahhh
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
the best game...........and the best cd?

Buzk
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
dont act like mw2 is the pinnacle of games, cuz it isnt. it has its flaws like all other games, and its lacking in the single player department, regarding length and story andblaaaah....multiplayer is fantastic tho, and ofc it deserves to win, but it's not superior to its contestants

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Really, what's so fucking amazing about MW2's singleplayer?

This year already has a better shooter, Mass Effect 2. Now this game is fucking amazing. Not a dull moment, and doesn't have as scripted fights as MW2.

Mai Wang Tu Phat
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Really, what's so fucking amazing about MW2's singleplayer?

This year already has a better shooter, Mass Effect 2. Now this game is fucking amazing. Not a dull moment, and doesn't have as scripted fights as MW2.

Word, if God of War 3 doesn't take GOTY for '10, Mass Effect 2 will. Take Gears of War, Dragon Age:Origins, KOTOR, and Assassin's Creed and blend it into one game, that's ME2.

Dr Sleepwalker
03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
mw2 is garbage.

beat the game, made it to prestige, than traded it. games WAY too repetitive, and the maps online are the WORST maps i've ever seen in a Call A Duty. Not to mention the biggest fags on the PSN seem to be on mw2 servers.

ME2 was mad ill, but Fight Night Round 4 was my favorite. I wouldn't argue if ME2 won though.

Count Dracula
03-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Demon's Souls

Paranoid
03-19-2010, 01:43 AM
^cosign. and most likely anyone that disagrees just sucks at the game

Count Dracula
03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFtoNB8HsRA

gamespot.com game of the year

Mai Wang Tu Phat
05-19-2010, 07:58 AM
MW2 wasn't THAT great.

Demon Souls was the best game of '09, Batman and Uncharted 2 tied for second place.