PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to imagine a better footballer than pele and maradona???

metoon_3m
09-17-2005, 10:44 AM
the question is simple.what do you think:is it possible to imagine a better and a more complete player than maradona and pele?I mean,can human brain imagine a player that is even better than pele and diego?or pele and diego are the best players imaginable...?answer my question with "yes" or "not",and explain your answer as well.

Dupreez
09-17-2005, 01:27 PM
I know he a bit aggresive and maybe not the most diciplned player.

But I reckon If ol Alex teaches him properly and he really really learns to focus. Good ol Shrek Aka the Rooney could just maybe with time become the best the world has ever seen.

What you reckon?

Ouroborous
09-17-2005, 02:01 PM
i'd agree with that......... certainly got the ability

connor
09-17-2005, 02:11 PM

But I reckon If ol Alex teaches him properly and he really really learns to focus. Good ol Shrek Aka the Rooney could just maybe with time become the best the world has ever seen.

What you reckon?
no chance he will become the best the world have ever seen, yes he is a great player but he isnt even better than ronaldo and adriano who is only 22 is by far a better player

Prince Rai
09-17-2005, 02:29 PM

What you reckon?
actually i wanted 2 mention him 2 but as u have done anyway..

i agree with that 100% he is a potential best.. gotta learn but he got all the potential

Roman Deini
09-17-2005, 03:05 PM
zlatan ibrahimovicz imo. capello really made zlatan better last year plus he still can grow.

Roman Deini
09-17-2005, 03:09 PM
and keep an eye on leo messi from barcelona. dude got the skills.

WU-KILLAH
09-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Ronaldihnio as the potential to become one of the best players of all times.

Krimewave
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM

What you reckon?
Agree 100%

I don't know much about Pele, but Rooney is the only player I've ever seen who can even be compared to Maradona.
I've honestly never seen anyone quite like him and most football fans I know agree (not just Man Utd fans either).
He's certainly the best England or Man Utd player I've ever seen (but Bobby Charlton, Duncan Edwards, John Charles, George Best and Jimmy Grieves were all way before my time).

36chambers
09-17-2005, 08:59 PM
I really cant see Rooney being in the same league as Pele.

Fr@z
09-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Dado Prso > Pele,Maradona,Rooney,Ronaldinho

Prso is gay

Krimewave
09-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I really cant see Rooney being in the same league as Pele.
Then you really need to see Rooney play more often cause it's blindingly obvious to most other football fans (including Pele and Maradona) that he has the potential to be.

Fr@z
09-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Then you really need to see Rooney play more often cause it's blindingly obvious to most other football fans (including Pele and Maradona) that he has the potential to be.
Wtf are you talking about?

Mystic Prso fuckin owns Rooney

Fr@z
09-17-2005, 10:09 PM
When the Mystical headband of greatness is on Prso is unstoppable

Krimewave
09-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Wtf are you talking about?

Mystic Prso fuckin owns Rooney
hahahaha.
fair play son, but that is actually irrelevent when directly comparing Rooney to Pele.

Fr@z
09-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Prso has a magic carpet

36chambers
09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
I think his temper and his overall stupidity will ruin his career. Something Pele never had. Besides, Pele scored over 1000 goals in his career... thats why i said Rooney wont be in his league!

Krimewave
09-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Prso has a magic carpet
hahaha, could be useful on set pieces.

36, If Rooney can keep playing into his late Thirties, as Pele did, I'm sure he'll amount 1000 goals.
Just trying to keep up with Ruud at Utd will help his scoring rate no end, lol.

the insignificant
09-18-2005, 07:06 AM
this is a tough question to answer... most of the greatest players ever mentioned tend to be strikers or attacking midfielders... and a lot of them had/have mediocre defensive capablities...

as good as pele was, the old footage of brazil shows guys like didi and garincha (spell?) to be better players... especially the latter considering he had a gummy leg... but again, these are all attacking players...

and there'll never be another guy as good to watch as maradonna, but compare and put him up against some of the greatest keepers and defenders... what carries more weight, scoring or saving goals?...

Ouroborous
09-18-2005, 01:15 PM
maradona was as temperamental as Rooney was at same age, got sent off in the world cup finals for an awful foul or something and started a mass riot at barca in (85?) when he kung fu kicked some geez of the opposition. then there was the drugs & the weight problems (that affected his game - rooney doesnt)

Rooney isn't same out & out goalscorer as pele so course he wont score 1000 goals plus he's not playing in the pokey Brazilian league - we all know Brazil don't have any decent goalies or defenders

Protection
09-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Huh? Say what? Come on, Rooney don't even have half the technique Maradona had. He's a great player, no doubt, but I don't see him becoming a legend like say Pelé, Zico, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Platini etc. Y'all reaching way out of hand.

Krimewave
09-20-2005, 07:24 AM
Huh? Say what? Come on, Rooney don't even have half the technique Maradona had. He's a great player, no doubt, but I don't see him becoming a legend like say Pelé, Zico, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Platini etc. Y'all reaching way out of hand.

I'd say he does. The way he uses his hips to get past players is very similar to Maradona's style and he don't even have the low centre of gravity Maradona had.
he's also got more to his game than Maradona had.

wait and see son, Rooney will be a legend, you can bank on it.

Holmes
09-20-2005, 08:46 AM

What you reckon?

No chance. His career will be over by the time he is 26.

JASPER
09-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Who the fuck started mentioning Rooney. Jesus.

Theiry Henry is pretty much compareable to Maradonna. I still think Henry is a better player right now than Maradonna has ever been.

36chambers
09-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Rooney isn't same out & out goalscorer as pele so course he wont score 1000 goals plus he's not playing in the pokey Brazilian league - we all know Brazil don't have any decent goalies or defenders
Poor point, scoring 1000 goals in ANY league is a brilliant achievement... even the Scottish league! :p

Krimewave
09-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Theiry Henry is pretty much compareable to Maradonna. I still think Henry is a better player right now than Maradonna has ever been.

rofl.

yeah right, cause Henry never goes missing in the big games does he?

Dupreez
09-20-2005, 11:56 AM

What you reckon?

Heading - is it possible to imagine a better footballer..............

Not who is better (present time) than maradona/pele (at their peak)

Like I said with time it could be quite possible that Rooney ranks up there even beyond. The kid aint even 22 and check out his CV. He playing in the Champions league and premiership so for him to score 1000 goals is not going to happen in one season. Like I said with time there is a possiblity.

Protection
09-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I'd say he does. The way he uses his hips to get past players is very similar to Maradona's style and he don't even have the low centre of gravity Maradona had.
he's also got more to his game than Maradona had.

wait and see son, Rooney will be a legend, you can bank on it. I don't know, he's not a leader like Maradona was. I mean, can you imagine Argentina winning the '86 world cup without Maradona? Most people don't. That was one of the (many) great things Maradona was able to do, to lead his team into victory. While playing in Napoli they won 2 scudettos and 1 UEFA cup, but they went from champions to loser instantly after Maradona left the club. Look at them today, they're playing in serie B or C? In other words, Rooney is not as dominating as Maradona was. But hey, Rooney's only 19 yrs. he's got many years ahead of him...

chiba
09-20-2005, 03:25 PM

brazil are starting to have better defenders and goalies

DIDA is a good goalie coz he tall and long ahaha
theres also Alex (psv) and Marcos

r.carlos and cafu are the best defenders from brazil

watch out for defenders like Juan, Roque Junior, Luisao, Lucio, Belletti

to me a player that could touch pele and maradonna is
Ronaldinho (el brujo) , Kaka (who is considered to be the white pele) and

Ronaldo (im gonna get heat for this)
BUT CHECK IT in his prime he was dangerous
this guy was scoring goals like crazy
now his leggz are all ruffed up
and hes won practically every award out there so he has nothing to prove
next years world cup will be the last for him and i guarantee you will see
what ronaldo is about

peace

Protection
09-21-2005, 06:51 AM
brazil are starting to have better defenders and goalies

DIDA is a good goalie coz he tall and long ahaha
theres also Alex (psv) and Marcos

r.carlos and cafu are the best defenders from brazil

watch out for defenders like Juan, Roque Junior, Luisao, Lucio, Belletti

to me a player that could touch pele and maradonna is
Ronaldinho (el brujo) , Kaka (who is considered to be the white pele) and

Ronaldo (im gonna get heat for this)
BUT CHECK IT in his prime he was dangerous
this guy was scoring goals like crazy
now his leggz are all ruffed up
and hes won practically every award out there so he has nothing to prove
next years world cup will be the last for him and i guarantee you will see
what ronaldo is about

peace Even though I hate Real Madrid with all my heart I must say you can't forget Robinho as a great contender for the title as 'the next Pelé'.

chiba
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
^yeah man i couldnt agree more
i also dont like real madrid they cant win for shiet
they came to japan and lost to friggen fc tokyo and some other team
ahahah

yeah robinho has to contend against alot of guys like adriano ronadinho kaka etc

everybody here loves beckham for some odd reason
the girls love him!!!
im makes me sick
hes like in every commercial on tv mags newspapers etc
fack!!!! it drives me nuts

peace :beer:

sakk
09-22-2005, 05:02 PM
I bet not one american citizen knows what you guys are talking about.

36chambers
09-22-2005, 08:06 PM
there are a few that have already posted in this thread ACTUALLY :p

And if you dont know who Pele is you need to! Hes like the Ali of Football. Recognise!

chiba
09-22-2005, 11:06 PM
there are a few that have already posted in this thread ACTUALLY :p

And if you dont know who Pele is you need to! Hes like the Ali of Football. Recognise!

:yes:

Kezon
09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Shevchenko is a best player of our century!!!!

Kezon
09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Shevchenko is a best player of our century!!!! :tease: