PDA

View Full Version : So i finally saw Super Troopers and...

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-18-2009, 10:25 PM
this is what people have been telling me to watch all these years?!! :?

I never even cracked a smile. I stopped it after about 30 minutes.

oDoUoSoKo
07-18-2009, 10:55 PM
eloels...over rated.

Tecknowledgist
07-18-2009, 11:03 PM
one of the funniest movies ive ever seen haha

a lot better than club dread

BRONZBODY
07-18-2009, 11:12 PM
it has its moments

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-20-2009, 04:00 AM
^ No it doesn't.

Jin10304
07-20-2009, 05:31 AM
U saw 30 minutes of it.....you've barely seen any of its moments/highlights

Tage
07-20-2009, 11:07 AM
was fucking hilarious.... but i was a bit younger and a little bit more riddled with drugs than i am now. probably wouldnt find it as funny if i watched it today.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-20-2009, 11:13 AM
ya it's pretty boring and unfunny
it's like a reno 911 movie with a slower pace and less interesting characters

i watched high as fuck when i was 18 and only chuckled a few times

drippie k
07-21-2009, 06:34 PM
i still think it's a good movie

Lex Lugor
07-21-2009, 06:38 PM
supertroopers is pretty dope
i thought it was fairly clever

beefest>club dread>supertroopers>judd apatow

AcidPhosphate69
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
i watched high as fuck when i was 18 and only chuckled a few times

You must have no sense of humor. Or your weed was dirt.

I think Supertroopers was well done. It's not a giant display of intellectual comedy but why would it have to be to be funny?

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
^^^or you're just simple minded and easily amused...see what i did there? i kid, but don't be one of those clowns who gets offended because i don't like some shit you enjoy and starts dishing out personal insults. not a good look.

dirt weed? sorry, try again.

i just don't dig these...i don't know what to call it... frat boy style comedies...i'm not asking for something especially cerebral, but slapstick and drunken/stoned buffoonery is just boring to me

sorry if that hurts your feelings and/or anal hole

AcidPhosphate69
07-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I think you nailed it with the "frat boy" thing. But actually, nah. It really didn't hurt my feelings what so ever. I just don't see how you couldn't have more than a few chuckles while smoking reefer. Shit, I laughed watching the Ring when I was high. Maybe that's just me.

I wasn't trying to insult you. If you felt insulted, my bad. I can see how it would come across as so. But yeah, I am pretty easily amused but I'd say far from simple minded.

For the record, why kind of comedy do you like?

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
^^^i was just fucking with you, it's cool

i've also laughed at horror movies and crime movies stoned (most memorably i laughed through the majority of sin city which pissed off my girlfriend at the time, but i maintain that movie has funny shit happeneing) but alot of comedies, like the club dread stuff, apatow movies, will ferrell, adam sandler...i feel like an alien watching...i don't see the humor...actually, i see the humor, but it doesn't tickle me at all.

my main shit is usually the idiot cartoon comedies like simpsons, south park...i also watch family guy, king of the hill, reno...but those are all real hit or miss to me...simpsons is my favorite...because alot of the comedy seems more sly and unpredictable...i've laughed my ass off at that show while my friends are sitting stone-faced.

it takes all kinds.

AcidPhosphate69
07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I'd rather watch cartoons any day. Don't ask me why. You might want to check out the Venture Bro's if you haven't already. It's not bad and can be quite fucking clever at times.

Bobby_Digital72
07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
that crazy you didnt like it. it happens. I still think its funny. " and that was the first time i got STD's"

http://i30.tinypic.com/1118pcy.jpg

SKAMPOE
07-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Super troopers is the fuckin dopeness man, that shit was an instant classic, farva was the shit, and thorney lol ''holy mother of god'' lmao

iammzac
07-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Billy Madison
Half Baked
Superbad
Role Models
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

>

Super Troopers (it's an average comedy imo)

SKAMPOE
07-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Billy Madison
Half Baked
Superbad
Role Models
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

>

Super Troopers (it's an average comedy imo)
oh yea its not the greatest but its up there with the classics imo..

nXOBGxAicNg&feature=related

Q7IXWoGhPaQ

this is ma favorite scene of the whole flick lmaohahahahahahah i can handle this ramathorne

whitey
07-22-2009, 11:42 PM
this movie is def up there in terms of good stupid movies.

if you dont like it i question your sense of humor. no insult, just like serious wtf do you find funny?

Lex Lugor
07-22-2009, 11:46 PM
yo superbad wasnt THAT good
the dialogue and topics at times felt forced
the actors were just hilarious themselves and we enjoyed them because they were very lovable

but you got classics next to it lol naw

role models was definitely better

Tecknowledgist
07-23-2009, 12:03 AM
a litre of cola

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-23-2009, 03:41 AM
no insult, just like serious wtf do you find funny?
I thought the first time i saw Meet The Parents was fuckin great. Clever, great characters, very funny ideas, etc... Also, you can't go wrong with Airplane! or The Naked Gun series.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
^^^ya meet the parents was good, the sequel ran the idea of 'man deniro makes ben stiller nervous and misunderstand everything he says/does' into the ground though. first two naked guns are funny.

Tage
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
^do you know who that is in your sig and where its from? just wondering, cus your from Florida. didnt realise he was known over there. legend.

SKAMPOE
07-24-2009, 10:56 AM
this movie is def up there in terms of good stupid movies.

if you dont like it i question your sense of humor. no insult, just like serious wtf do you find funny?
werd^
yo superbad wasnt THAT good
the dialogue and topics at times felt forced
the actors were just hilarious themselves and we enjoyed them because they were very lovable

but you got classics next to it lol naw

role models was definitely better
super bad was the shiiiit, that whole team be makin the dopest comedies now adays... all thir movies get 2 thumbs up from me

40 y/o virgin
super bad
juno ''yes that was hillarious''
knocked up
zach n miri

and its a plus their all wu heads
a litre of cola
hahahahha

no i dont want a large farva, i wan a god damn literohcola

u fickin burger punk

ahahahhahaha

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
^do you know who that is in your sig and where its from? just wondering, cus your from Florida. didnt realise he was known over there. legend.

what john simms as saxon/the master? ya it's from 'the sound of the drums'. i've been watching doctor who since they were showing tom baker repeats on pbs. one of my favorite shows.

he played a great smarmy, evil bastard, shame about the conclusion to the story though.

Tage
07-24-2009, 11:23 AM
^you should watch the series "Life on Mars" ended on the second series.. because it was such a highly rated show, everyone but John Sims wanted to be in a spin-off, so they done one without him. John Sim had the best intentions, as Ashes to Ashes is a flop compared to it.

watch Life on Mars, comedic but serious.... and the ending to the second series is EPIC.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
^^^ya i watched life on mars...it's good stuff, the second series was much better than the first...simms is apparently returning as the master on doctor who as well

i actually though ashes to ashes was good...nothing compared to life on mars though