PDA

View Full Version : ADMIN!! cAN yOU mAKE A mOBILE dEVICE fRIENDLY vERSION oF tHE sITE????

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
for my iphone niggas on the run
i kno the bone thugs site has 2 versions, mobile device and normal

im not always at the spot

:thumbup:

check two
07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
No

check two
07-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Nobody would want that except broads and you.

check two
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm probably the only one who will respond to this thread. You should feel grateful.

Gamo
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Wu-Corp Mobile would be some awesome shit.

KZA
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
we need a wu tang app like a soundboard or something.

Art Vandelay
07-24-2009, 06:21 AM
for my iphone niggas on the run
i kno the bone thugs site has 2 versions, mobile device and normal

im not always at the spot

:thumbup:

the official site of the wu-tang clan has one...

www.wumusicgroup.mobi

Prolifical ENG
07-24-2009, 08:07 AM
We'll see if Tomb gets to this thread. Eventually most sites on the internet will have mobile shit.

Tecknowledgist
08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
i was bored as hell a while back and tried to get on here with my phone.

that was when i found out about "house nigga" and i couldnt even get to the fourth post in the thread. i was shittin a brick

food for thought
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
lol @ the ghost and check back n forth

yea this would be dope.

i can browse with my phone but cant sign in and post.

check two
08-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Why somebody would want to use a half an inch screen to view the internet is beyond me.

Tecknowledgist
08-04-2009, 11:25 PM
^dont you still use walkmans? catch up

check two
08-05-2009, 12:53 AM
I'd rather use a walkman than view the internet on a half an inch screen like chicks do.

Poetic Wun
08-05-2009, 02:02 AM
it's called a smartphone...
http://i28.tinypic.com/noekh3.jpghttp://i25.tinypic.com/2yjzvw6.jpg
dont need a mobile version...
login, post, edit details, whatever whatever...
comes in handy when im mad bored and i ain't got no trouble viewin it on my 2 and a half inch screen!

it's 2009 niggas... what you rockin?
http://static.esato.com/gfx/phones/nokia8310.jpg
i took up a long ass space for this post

check two
08-05-2009, 02:07 AM
http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/images/sony_WMFX197.jpg

Poetic Wun
08-05-2009, 02:11 AM
lol^

check two
08-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Ok, I just borrowed somebody's Amp'd mobile cellular phone to view the news at the site here. Let me know what you think of the view:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/lionell78/Unnnnntitled.jpg

Poetic Wun
08-05-2009, 03:26 AM
gotta get that Elemental when it comes out

Uncle Steezo
08-09-2009, 08:41 AM
i post from my berry with damn near identical page views.
yall have to have java enabled on your phone to sign in and post.

talk to tissa, he owns a nigerian mobile phone company. he also said he can hook up that bootleg cinemax on yo phone for the low low.

food for thought
08-09-2009, 10:02 AM
lmao

Inspectah_Dirk
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
AW HELL NO! Then we be starting to see messages like "im typing this while taking a crap".

Also, it's not for moderators to do that. They are not website designers.

check two
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, people will be getting into car accidents trying to post a message at the forum while they are driving.. like how some of those stupid broads text message while driving. I think the police should be allowed to just start shooting at a car if they see the person is texting while driving.

Art Vandelay
08-09-2009, 01:09 PM
i used to be able to text with no problem while driving. it was a lot easier when there were only 9 buttons. now it's harder with my crackberry

Inspectah_Dirk
08-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Hahaha, yeah like it's less dangerous if the police start shooting at drivers who are texting :p

But yeah, i used to text as well with the normal mobile's, but with the whole full qwerty shit and all that, you need both hands, and since we drive manual cars, it's kinda hard. Maybe on the freeway tho...but it costs a shitload of money when the police catch you do it.

check two
08-09-2009, 01:55 PM
It's not against the law yet in the state I live in. I think they should make it a law throughout the whole US and also in any other country. Cause there have been a whole lot of accidents because of it.

Inspectah_Dirk
08-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Overhere you can get a ticket (sometimes more that 100 bucks) is they catch you just turning on your bluetooth on your phone so you can use handsfree. You can't hold your phone while driving, not even for 2 seconds. Kinda over doing it imo.

check two
08-09-2009, 02:52 PM
It's irritating in today's day and age how so many people act like they can't be away from their cell phone for a few mins(especially teeny boppers). People got along just fine in the past without cell phones. Most phone conversations while driving aren't important.

Visionz
08-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm sitting at my house but posted this with my cell. You don't need a mobile site if you livin in 2009. I have my suspicions about lacey claimin he's got an iphone cuz if he did he shouldn't have any issues.

Mumm Ra
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
^ lol I was thinkin the same thing
I get on here and post from work sometimes with my ipod touch with absolutely no problem

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-10-2009, 12:36 PM
i dont have an iphone, i was just qouting a lil booise line. but i wanted to get an itouch

in other places like the bone thugs forum you can click on a thing that makes it easier to look at on a mobile device

loads of sites have them. im not talking about ".mobi" shit either

Inspectah_Dirk
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, tried it on Windows Mobile 6.5...worked like a charm. I could see this whole site. Haven't tried posting, but it will probably work as well. But i don't really feel the need to be looking on here when i'm doing other stuff.

EAGLE EYE
08-13-2009, 02:40 AM
making mobile versions of stuff takes time. trust me.

Visionz
08-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Survey says get some new chukas fucker ahahahahaha.....brought to you by the palm pre. Tomb got better things to be working on......like trying to figure out how to make tube8 embedding work solely for the vatican (hasn't come to fruition yet so please keep those hopes to a minimum)

Mumm Ra
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
anyone with a decent phone can view the full site with no restraints haha
plus this isn't a decent website
im jussayin

Hellspawn
06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
download Skyfire.

INF
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
didn't u say how the uk been up on the mobile game for a longer min than the U.S.???? an u still can't fuck with mobile wucorp.

smh

step up your mobile game dog.u wanna buy a phone? I'll sell u a phone with android technology.

think about it

http://soundcloud.com/thejesus42almighty/gurrrlfriend

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-26-2012, 05:59 PM
can we get a WTC app yet?

it's a bit shitty viewing on a mobile device at the moment. the words are so small and the buttons too. i'll go to click on the last reply or the last page and i'll end up clicking on the threadstarters profile by mistake.

i know other forums have made apps for iphone and androids. can we please get an app soon?

check two
12-26-2012, 07:31 PM
It looks a lot better on a desktop or laptop in general.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-26-2012, 07:59 PM
well of course, but i'm not gonna carry my laptop around with me. it's nice to have a choice of what you use to view the site. i know my phone is capable of displaying this forum but everything is so small it makes navigating the site quite difficult at times. if you only use your desktop or laptop to view this site then it doesn't affect you. i'm not asking to change the format for desktop/laptop viewing, just for mobile viewing.

plus this thread is 3 years old, if other sites have mobile friendly sites or mobile apps then WTC should move with the times.

check two
12-26-2012, 08:34 PM
how heavy is your laptop?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-26-2012, 08:56 PM
it's a 15" laptop and i'm not carrying it around with me. it doesn't fit in my handbag.

it's not like i wanna go to my friends house and 'casually' open my laptop. i'll need my phone for internet connection anyway so i might as well just check the site on my phone.

you can't deny that it's easier and a lot more convenient to carry a phone around than it is a laptop.

i do not want to carry a laptop around with me on public transport.

do you want me to get mugged? wtf?!

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-26-2012, 09:46 PM
having a mobile app isn't going to affect the way this site is viewed on a desktop/laptop.

it doesn't affect you in anyway, check. i don't know why you have such a big problem with the idea when it DOESN'T affect you.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-26-2012, 10:04 PM
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/wtcmob1_zps8bbf9bed.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/wtcmon2_zpse9043460.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/wtcmob3_zps480477a4.jpg

that's about the same size of my screen.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
this is another forum on an app

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/ammob1_zpsfd581477.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/ammob2_zpsa389bead.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/ammob3_zps599482c5.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/ammob4_zps03f1e919.jpg

in that second to last pic you can scroll to any page in a thread quickly without having to load page after page after page to get to the page you want, using up all your data allowance.

the text is bigger and easier to read. the buttons are also bigger making it easier to navigate the forum, it also prevents you from hitting a button you didn't mean to hit.

WTC's app could be made even better if we could!

check two
12-27-2012, 12:17 AM
I didn't realize I said that I had a big problem with it and that it was that important. I guess that a guy should never ask the weight of a woman's laptop. Have you sent Cilvaringz a pm about this?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 12:25 AM
I didn't realize I said that I had a big problem with it and that it was that important. I guess that a guy should never ask the weight of a woman's laptop. Have you sent Cilvaringz a pm about this?

what does the weight of a laptop have to do with anything? i've already explained why i don't want to carry a laptop around with me everyday. since i carry my phone around with me everyday it would just make life a lot easier. why would i want to carry my phone AND my laptop around with me?

it's a 15" laptop and i'm not carrying it around with me. it doesn't fit in my handbag.

it's not like i wanna go to my friends house and 'casually' open my laptop. i'll need my phone for internet connection anyway so i might as well just check the site on my phone.

you can't deny that it's easier and a lot more convenient to carry a phone around than it is a laptop.

i do not want to carry a laptop around with me on public transport.

do you want me to get mugged? wtf?!

my laptop happens to weigh 6.8 lbs. that's 6.8lbs that i shouldn't have to carry around with me every day. i have to carry enough in my hand bag as it is, i don't want to carry any more weight than i need to. even if my laptop weighed 2 grams, it's 15 fucking inches, it doesn't fit in my handbag!

you've been against the idea since the start of this thread. why? when it doesn't even affect you.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 12:30 AM
if i carried my laptop and not my phone i would have to be in an area where there is free wireless connection, which can't be guaranteed.

also, i don't want to connect to a public connection cos it makes my laptop vulnerable to hackers.

what don't you understand about the benefits of a phone app?

check two
12-27-2012, 12:36 AM
I understand

food for thought
12-27-2012, 12:49 AM
lmao

a laptop is not your only alternative to a smart phone.

shouldnt you "move with the times"?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 12:54 AM
all i know is i have a mobile phone and i have a laptop, 2 laptops in fact. i don't need any more devices for viewing the internet. if i had kids then i probably would need more devices, but i'm only me.

having an app would make viewing this site on iPads, tablets and other hand held devices easier too.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 01:02 AM
even if i did have an iPad i still wouldn't want to have to carry an ipad AND my phone around with me.

it just adds to the value of possessions you carry around with you everyday. if you were to get mugged you'd be losing it all.

might be alright if you drive, but not so good when you ride public transport.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Gone Mobile

We all know where the proverbial puck is heading. The question revolves more around “when” rather than “if.”

A recent report from Deloitte indicates that sales of smartphones will pass laptops and desktop PCs this year. So, here's your "when." This is one staggering pie chart (and keep an eye on tablets):

http://jacobsmedia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bf71353ef0147e1fde7dd970b-800wi

But we're not just talking devices - we're talking usage, and that trend is getting clearer, too. eMarketer recently put together a meta-analysis of data they’ve aggregated to get a sense for how consumers are using media. First and foremost, media usage – measured by time spent using – is growing overall from 10.6 hours in ’08 to 11 hours last year. As consumers are offered more choices, they are acting like hungry patrons at a smorgasbord, pigging out on what’s available at whatever time they want it.

TV/video are rock solid (in red on the chart below) and continue to lead the way, while the Internet (in black) is showing steady increases.

http://jacobsmedia.typepad.com/jacobs/streaming/

people buy more smartphones than anything else.

people are more likely to upgrade their phone before upgrading anything else.

check two
12-27-2012, 01:47 AM
does the chart compare females to males?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 01:52 AM
are you saying men don't buy phones?

that no male on this site owns a mobile?

http://blog.flurry.com/Portals/41620/images/Flurry_Smartpones_vs_Tablets_GenderSplit-resized-600.png

http://thebrandbuilder.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/saupload_tablets-11.png

check two
12-27-2012, 02:03 AM
lol I'm saying that there are certain things phone related and certain sites that are more female specific and vice versa. In general though, I would say that females use phones more than males obviously, and that dates back a lot further than smart phones. I don't know if this forum here is near as busy as some of those other sites that have applications?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:08 AM
what difference does it make if women use phones more than men?

i don't know what kind of town you live in, but people where i live use their phones constantly male and female.

since it's mostly males that use this site, having an app would make life easier for them, for everyone when they wanna check this site regardless of how busy this site is.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:15 AM
a lot of people will have a phone but won't have a computer/laptop/tablet at home, especially kids or young people cos they can't afford to have a phone AND have internet connection at home. so the only access they have to the internet is their phone.

check two
12-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Edit:

There isn't too much going on at the site lately. I would think that they could just wait till they got back home to check the forum. If they wouldn't pay such high prices on their phone plans, maybe they would be able to afford cheap internet at home.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:18 AM
what is your problem?

people might wanna check on this site when they're out and about. what problem do you have with that?

check two
12-27-2012, 02:19 AM
I don't have a problem, I'm trying to type a reply, but by the time I'm done, you've already posted again already.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Edit:

There isn't too much going on at the site lately. I would think that they could just wait till they got back home to check the forum. If they wouldn't pay such high prices on their phone plans, maybe they would be able to afford cheap internet at home.

i'm talking about the people on pay as you go, dumbo! they're not paying high phone plans, they can't afford it.

if they can just about afford a pay as you go phone, do you really think they can afford a landline phone on top?

even if they could afford a landline then they'd still need to buy a desktop/laptop/tablet. why buy all those when you should be able to just use your phone?

check two
12-27-2012, 02:26 AM
It's not my problem if they can't afford $20 to $40 a month for either dsl or cable internet at home.

I didn't mention a landline phone. Some companies offer dry loop dsl and you don't need to have landline phone service activated, dumbo.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:31 AM
It's not my problem if they can't afford $20 to $40 a month for either dsl or cable internet at home.

I didn't mention a landline phone. Some companies offer dry loop dsl and you don't need to have landline phone service activated, dumbo.

i didn't say it was your fault. i'm saying that there are people that can't afford it.

like i said, even if they could afford internet at home, they would still need to purchase a desktop/laptop/whatever.

if their phone is the only access they have to the internet then this site should be made viewable on their phones. even if it wasn't the only access they had, it would still be nice to be able to view this site on a phone.

it might even bring in more traffic.

again, i'll ask you what your problem is since this DOESN'T AFFECT YOU?!

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:44 AM
making an app ISN'T going to affect the way you view this site on a desktop/laptop.

it ISN'T going to take ANYTHING away from this site AT ALL for desktop/laptops.

it ISN'T going to affect YOU, check.

why the fuck do you have a problem with the idea?

check two
12-27-2012, 02:47 AM
It's not that serious

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:48 AM
then you're just being really annoying for no reason.

your problem is you want everything to suit you. you have no idea what it's like for other people, it's like you don't wanna care.

check two
12-27-2012, 02:53 AM
I haven't even said much.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 02:55 AM
i think you mean you haven't even made a decent point in this thread.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w515/craftytrixx/ScreenShot2012-12-27at090131_zps205014ef.png

check two
12-27-2012, 03:07 AM
sweet

KERZO
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Damn, trix needs ta get sum dix cos these estrogen fuelled rants are brutal.

I like how I just load up the forum on my HTC, turn the phone to landscape and zoom to read/click shit. Is that so hard to do and worth posting about 20 fucking replies about it telling us why it sucks.

Talking about getting mugged for your digital garments.

shhhhhheeiiiiiittttt!!!!

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I hate having to zoom in and out all the time.

If you have used a forum with an app you'll see the difference it makes.

And since mobile phones make up almost half the total sales why don't we provide anything to suit phone users?

food for thought
12-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Damn, trix needs ta get sum dix cos these estrogen fuelled rants are brutal.

I like how I just load up the forum on my HTC, turn the phone to landscape and zoom to read/click shit. Is that so hard to do and worth posting about 20 fucking replies about it telling us why it sucks.

Talking about getting mugged for your digital garments.

shhhhhheeiiiiiittttt!!!!

lmfao

Im sure this convinced magma though and hes in the wu corp office right now editing the websites source code to make it mobile compatible.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-27-2012, 05:22 PM
i'm sorry if i sounded mean, check.

you were just really annoying me for some reason. you sounded like a grumpy dad that looks down at smart phones/people that use smart phones cos you only need phones to make calls from.

KERZO
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
^ Post-vibe mellowness right there.

I don't like website apps cos they make sites look like shit basic, I prefer just having the regular page load up on my phone or ipad.

EAGLE EYE
12-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Dont get your hopes up

Googling "responsive vBulletin themes" turned up nearly nothing.

Most theme designers avoid creating them for this framework since the maintenance is too time consuming because of all of the incremental VB updates.

They stick to designing for wordpress, drupal and joomla sites.

ShaDynasty
12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
just a reader version of the site would dramatically improve it for iphones.

Obey
01-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Whaddapp

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
No