PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else despise going to a movie theater?

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Theaters are expensive as fuck. Full of annoying teenagers. Noisy. Uncomfortable seats. Having to go through half an hour of previews. Popped corn and soda will give your pant pockets rabbit ears. It sucks hard ass. I got NetFlix and RedBox. There really is nothing like watching a movie in your own house.

What do ya guys think?

beautifulrock
07-23-2009, 10:42 PM
agree fully, except when the theater is nearly empty...now that is heaven, sit in the back row, put your feet up, enjoy

The Hound
07-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I agree to a degree but some movies need to be seen in a cinema. When I saw The Dark Knight on the day it came out it was school holidays or some shit and the place was swarming with annoying little 15 year old runts and when Two-Face was first revealed the whole cinema shrieked and a group of mothers took kids who looked to be in the 3-6 range and the kids just cried and ran around and shit, now that really pissed me off. Then we saw it again with a few other friends who didn't see it and a group of teenagers were on the phone the whole time talking loud.

In saying that thought my good friend works in a cinema and can get us in for free and when we go we usualy catch the last session which is around 9 30/10pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday when hardly anyone is there.

Soul Controller
07-24-2009, 06:03 AM
last movie i watched at the cinema was matrix 3

fuck cinema;s
download shit

Compulsion
07-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Theaters are expensive as fuck. Full of annoying teenagers. Noisy. Uncomfortable seats. Having to go through half an hour of previews. Popped corn and soda will give your pant pockets rabbit ears. It sucks hard ass. I got NetFlix and RedBox. There really is nothing like watching a movie in your own house.

What do ya guys think?

Agree for the most part. Haven't watched a lot of movies in theaters the last few years.

the scarecrow
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
some movies i will go to the theater, dark knight, watchmen, but i try to wait for the dvd's cause i can't stand sitting in those chairs for that long

p-rok73
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't mind going, as long as it's in a good theater & safe environment. And by that I mean NO thugs/gangbangers starting drama instead of just enjoying the show. I try to go to Downtown Chicago theaters to see the flicks.

Chris
07-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I generally prefer to watch films from the comfort of my own home. However, there are certain films in which I believe going to the cinema benefits the film, and is even necessary in order to get the full viewing experience. "The Dark Knight" is a perfect recent example

drippie k
07-25-2009, 12:58 AM
i usually just wait until they get old new movies in one of those small theaters with one screen that only cost like 4 bucks

this week they were showing star trek and wolverine back to back for only 4 dollars

but i know this chick who works at regal movies cineplex n she sometimes gets me and someone else free

djskillz
07-25-2009, 02:38 AM
I like going to movies for big movies like The Dark Knight (as others have already said) but if it's just to go then I'll usually wait a couple more months till it's over at the Cinema City over here cause it's 3-4 bucks for a ticket.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I agree to a degree but some movies need to be seen in a cinema. When I saw The Dark Knight on the day it came out it was school holidays or some shit and the place was swarming with annoying little 15 year old runts and when Two-Face was first revealed the whole cinema shrieked and a group of mothers took kids who looked to be in the 3-6 range and the kids just cried and ran around and shit, now that really pissed me off. Then we saw it again with a few other friends who didn't see it and a group of teenagers were on the phone the whole time talking loud.

In saying that thought my good friend works in a cinema and can get us in for free and when we go we usualy catch the last session which is around 9 30/10pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday when hardly anyone is there.

that shit happened when I saw Transformers (the 1st live action movie) and their was so many people that i gave away allot of the exicment saw the second time n not allot of people were there. same shit happened when kill bill vol 1 and 2 came out had to see it twice to really enjoy it.

angry!
07-25-2009, 11:12 AM
you sound like a bitch!!!

you prolly one of those adult man babies that goes to the theater by himself that gets sonned by middle school goons!!!

your getting bombed on with skittles and cant stand up for yourself so you wanna boycott!!! by all means!!! you just realized not everyones movie seat is getting rocked by someones feet and youre furious!!!!

check two
07-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why these idiot teenagers even go to the movies if all they are going to be doing is talking and texting on their phones the whole time. When I was at a movie recently, some bitch teen kept using her phone and the person in back of her asked if she could stop doing that cause the light from the phone was distracting. So then the bitch teen moved to some other seat. Like has been said, I'd rather go during the week sometime when it's less crowded(except during the summer).

KaramelSundae
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
i like going during the week during matinee hours,
not only is it less crowded,
its also way cheaper....

Storm
07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
The theater I go to nothing like what some of you are saying. It's actually well-kept and if somebody is annoying, just let a employee know and they'll kick that person out.

Sean
07-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I like going to the cinema, it makes the film better imo. The atmosphere with the surround sound etc is crazy for action/drama films and having hundreds of other people laughing seems to make comedies funnier sometimes lol

As for annoying teenagers, well, I am a teenager so it doesn't really bother me. If someone was talking on the phone and shit then we'll just tell them to shut the fuck up, but it doesn't happen often.

Tecknowledgist
07-26-2009, 07:19 PM
i am fucking catatonic when i watch a movie. i dont move, speak, i am deep into that shit.

thats why theatres bother me, theres always somebody talking or somebody coming in late trying to find a seat or getting up to piss etc.

what's even worse is watching a movie with your friends or something, and its a movie you really want to see and they just talk the entire time. stfu

check two
07-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, why do so many lazy ass people come into the movie like 10 minutes late? And if you're going on a date and spending all that money for the movie and those crappy snacks, you better be guaranteed to get a piece that night. I make sure I clarify that with my date ahead of time, so I don't end up wasting my time and money.

BTTR KNG KOOL
07-28-2009, 12:55 AM

you prolly one of those adult man babies that goes to the theater by himself that gets sonned by middle school goons!!!

your getting bombed on with skittles and cant stand up for yourself so you wanna boycott!!! by all means!!! you just realized not everyones movie seat is getting rocked by someones feet and youre furious!!!!

hahaha

staliondan23
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, why do so many lazy ass people come into the movie like 10 minutes late? And if you're going on a date and spending all that money for the movie and those crappy snacks, you better be guaranteed to get a piece that night. I make sure I clarify that with my date ahead of time, so I don't end up wasting my time and money.

Haha how do you get that guaranteed ahead of time? I can't stand it when i take a chick out, spend a bunch of money and not get any.

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I like going to the theatres. I go often but i don't see mostly everything that comes out because there's a lot of shitty movies that are coming to the theatres.

Mic Tyson
10-03-2009, 01:06 PM
i just don't go to the theaters in the hood cuz they too loud and shit . the others near me is cool tho

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't take girls to the movies often. I took a girl to the movies recently to see Tyler Perry's new movie and she was quiet the whole time. I like a girl that's quiet during a movie. She let me touch on her leg and touch her hand while we watched the movie LOL. I didn't get any sex from her after the movie but i fucked her this past Thursday LOL. She's ethiopian by the way and she's very cute and has a nice body. I've never dated a ethiopian before. I got a feeling we're gonna be seeing each other for awhile. I'm supposed to spend the night over her house today. So i shall see if that happens. Anyway getting back to going to a movie theatre, i haven't had popcorn or a hot dog in so long at the theatre. I might get some next time i go. I hope it's not that expensive. I remember i used to go to this theatre in Cleveland when i was a kid and it was a dollar movie. The theatre only showed one movie for a dollar. This was back in the 80's. Their popcorn was so good. The butter on the popcorn was so good. I miss that theatre. The theatre is a church now. I ride by there sometimes and reminisce. The movie theatre i go to now charges $8.50 for matinee. That's too much. I remember when matinees used to be $5-$6. I don't go to the movies at night. I go in the daytime during the matinee price because it costs more money at night.

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Mic Tyson, i remember i used to go to the theatre in the hood and i stopped that because the lines were always long and disorganized. Blacks in the theatre always be talking all the damn time. So i started going to the theatres in white people's neighborhood LOL. I miss this one theatre i used to go to because it wasn't that many people there and it was quiet. One time i took a hot black girl there and we sat in the back and kissed and touching each other and nobody saw us. We saw Knocked Up movie with Katherine Heigl. I miss seeing that black girl i was with that day. I wish i hadn't lost contact with her. I went by her apartment one day to see her and her apartment was empty. I could tell because she lived on the first floor and i could see through the window LOL. I remember another time i took a hot black girl to the dollar movie and we saw Trespass with Ice T and Ice Cube. This was back in 1992. We kissed most of the movie because it was wack LOL. I wish i hadn't lost contact with her either. She was hot and a good kisser.

check two
10-03-2009, 02:51 PM
It would be nice if it wasn't illegal for the movie theatres to have those cell phone jammer devices. Like I've said before, what's the point in paying all that money to go to a movie, and talking to other friends with you in the theatre, and also texting and being on your cell phone the whole time. The young kids don't care because their bad parents pay their way in. If some ugly teenager is on their phone during the movie, feel free to take their phone and stomp on it.

100pr00f
10-03-2009, 03:04 PM
kid movies are the worst
i went to go see cloudy with a chance of meatballs.....took 2 younger family members to go see it.....and i had a retard aka mentally challenged kid behind me grabbing on my seat and screaming the whole time...in my ear

i get in for free all the time...i just show em with a quick wave of an older stub ...they never check em

JerseyIronman
10-03-2009, 03:43 PM
I just hate when its really crowded. Also i hate how expensive stuff is, back in college i would just stick a couple beers in my jacket which helped. I much rather drink beer than soda and its free.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-04-2009, 04:50 AM

hahaha

I haven't been to a large cinema for a while, usually just go to smaller ones that show different films, so can't say i've had many problems.