PDA

View Full Version : Fever Pitch

tajeco
09-17-2005, 05:25 PM
I thought is was great. It's a cute kind of romantic comedy by description. I don't know how it would be for someone who doesn't like baseball, but for a baseball fan, it's terrific. I'm a Giants fan first, but 2nd I'm a baseball fan, so I want what's best for baseball. That's what I told myself when the Giants lost to the Angels in 2002 for their first title. Yankee fans probably won't like the movie though. It was cool how they have live footage during the game with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore.

It was originally a book about a soccer team. The movie was supposed to end with the Sox losing (as usual), but when the magic happened they had to re-work the ending.

Jackie Boy
09-17-2005, 07:00 PM
you dont have to be specifically a baseball fan to enjoy Fever Pitch, deep down its a movie about the obession of 2 people in a relationship, and thats a theme that every one can relate to!

tajeco
09-18-2005, 12:14 AM
That's true. So you're a Sox fan Jackie Boy, do you think it did justice for the magic of the season?

Jackie Boy
09-18-2005, 07:09 AM
That's true. So you're a Sox fan Jackie Boy, do you think it did justice for the magic of the season?
yea i think the Farrelly brothers did an incredible job with this film, even though i knew the outcome of the Yanks/Sox ALCS i still got chills when they showed Ortiz's homer in extra innings and Damon's Grand Slam hit brought a smile to my face