PDA

View Full Version : Kayne West is not hip hop.

Hazmat
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Kayne west is a faggot who makes pop music.

angry!
07-25-2009, 12:20 PM
yea kanyes the new freddy mercury!!!

the closet will be cleaned when the AIDS press confrence goes down!!!!

CharlesJones
07-25-2009, 12:27 PM
LOL@Hazmat hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Kanye's music is gay and the clothes he wears are gay LOL. Only song i like by him is You Can't Tell Me Nothing.

Lakuu
07-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, his first two albums are great.

Didn't like Graduation tho.

check two
07-25-2009, 07:49 PM
I agree that his voice is tough to listen to.

Afficial_Nastee
07-25-2009, 08:09 PM

Repped!

-The A to the Z-
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
He most certainly is hip-hop.

Perhaps not in its purest form, but he just so happens to push boundaries frequently, and that's something that should be celebrated, not derided.

Afficial_Nastee
07-25-2009, 08:16 PM
He's a house nigger who should be lynched....

Sweet Tartz
07-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Ya'll don't like anything that's not Wu-Tang Related. LOL, so sad... I know Wu is the best but there's so much hot shit out there, Kanye has some dope material besides his latest joint.

KaramelSundae
07-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Ya'll don't like anything that's not Wu-Tang Related. LOL, so sad... I know Wu is the best but there's so much hot shit out there, Kanye has some dope material besides his latest joint.

co-sign

i just think his personality throws people off
like he goes around thinking his shit doesnt smell
or that everything he touches will turn to gold
its like nigga you aint got the midas touch homie relax

adrianoter
07-26-2009, 12:26 AM
LOL @ this thread. Y'all are on some latent gay shit.

zooruka
07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
the only tracks i like from kanye is through the wire and all falls down or whatever its called.

peace be with you !

ALCATRAZ
07-26-2009, 12:46 AM
he's more hip hop than the threadstarter lol

Uncle Steezo
07-26-2009, 01:14 AM
so all those beats including blueprint were garbage huh?

stfu

kanye defined the sound of hip hop for years b4 he decided to be "the voice of this generation" lol

butontherealshutthefuckup

Khem The Decepticon
07-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Graduation is a classic. His ither first two albums were great. His latest one sucked. Kanye West is not a faggot.

Ecuanime
07-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Can't hate too much on Ye's music, some of it is good. I just hate that he self proclaims to be one of the best out...

ALCATRAZ
07-26-2009, 02:28 AM
I just hate that he self proclaims to be one of the best out...

How could you disagree with that ?? Kanye kept rap alive in the mid 00's

SKAMPOE
07-26-2009, 02:31 AM
uhhh duh!

SKAMPOE
07-26-2009, 02:37 AM
He most certainly is hip-hop.

Perhaps not in its purest form, but he just so happens to push boundaries frequently, and that's something that should be celebrated, not derided.
it all has to be real, n not to sound cliche but real by ''da hood'' standard, ya musta forgot where this culture came into existence, the boundries he is pushing are that of homosekchuals, and for u to celebrate that - makes u more of a homosekchual...

Ecuanime
07-26-2009, 02:56 AM
How could you disagree with that ?? Kanye kept rap alive in the mid 00's

Alive...Hip Hop has been on life support in the past few years imo.

Ecuanime
07-26-2009, 03:02 AM
it all has to be real, n not to sound cliche but real by ''da hood'' standard, ya musta forgot where this culture came into existence, the boundries he is pushing are that of homosekchuals, and for u to celebrate that - makes u more of a homosekchual...

Hip hop is not always about the drug game and thugs, if that's what you're getting at. We should consider Kanye a hip hop artist, at least he brings a different flavor to the table, I don't give a fuck what he wears, I wouldn't call him homo neither for his fashion or music taste...

ALCATRAZ
07-26-2009, 03:06 AM
homosekchuals lol

Ecuanime
07-26-2009, 03:09 AM
homosekchuals lol

^^^ immature

ALCATRAZ
07-26-2009, 03:16 AM
^^^ immature
^^^ irrelevant

Uncle Steezo
07-26-2009, 03:19 AM
settle down. don't make me pull this car over.

Krusha
07-26-2009, 05:38 AM
Ruining our fucking culture!

cap
07-26-2009, 05:58 AM
wow this forum is gettingto be really ignorant, kanye is one of the best and most important hip hop artists in the 00's. if you cant appreciate that its your loss.

Afficial_Nastee
07-26-2009, 06:50 AM
He can't rap for shit , he wears pink and those faggotass shiny shades , ok ok he might have produced some dope beats, but this thread discussion was bout if he was Hip-Hop or not and in my opinion He's NOT cuz he's a pink wearing faggot who makes RnB music....

Shogah
07-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Not much of a Kanye fan, and haven't listened much of his music.

Sometimes his music is so so boring and plain, that it's embarrassement.

Like that shit with kelly rowland he did, and that single from his heartbreak album.
I know its not meant to be hip hop, but even pop must have some ingenuity.

I don't mind his crossover music, people should stop hating that, cause hip hop by its definition is mixture of different sounds. You can't play hip hop music, there ain't no patterns or ways to be hip hop.

What I mind is his boring stuff that he puts on lately, cause guy has talent and that's obvious.

You can't tell me nothing is great, and that track Diamonds are forever is fire too.

The Hound
07-26-2009, 06:54 AM
yea kanyes the new freddy mercury!!!

the closet will be cleaned when the AIDS press confrence goes down!!!!

Get the fuck off mentioning Mercuries name alongside a cunt like Ye.

Buzk
07-26-2009, 09:43 AM
when it comes to beats kanye is real dope. dont care much for him as a rapper tho

Erquel
07-26-2009, 09:45 AM
he likes fishdicks
say pretty much everything about him

alltheabove
07-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Listened to all Ye's albums in the whip yesterday.. niggas a dope MC

p-rok73
07-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Kanye has a lot of talent IMO. Were people crazy about his last album? Probably not, but we have Ghostface coming out with an album that has a heavy R&B feel to it, that most Wu fans are either going to love or hate. As for his style, clothes, etc. Ghostface was hawking a $250 t-shirt not too long ago, as if many of his fans could afford it. A good % of rappers have a huge ego and are into materialistic things from ANY era.

davedigital360
07-26-2009, 11:50 PM
wow this forum is gettingto be really ignorant, kanye is one of the best and most important hip hop artists in the 00's. if you cant appreciate that its your loss.

agreed

oldie
07-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Kanye aint exactly hip-hop these days but he sure as hell used to be.
he used to ghost produce & ghost write for a lot of well known producers/rappers

I heared 'Through the wire' when it got leaked

his 1st album was pretty solid, his 2nd, a few bangers but not so good, his 3rd, only track i liked was 'Stronger'

he turned out like 50, the money just went to his head and he got his target audience figured out, and that if he makes commercially appealing music then he's quid's in.

buckshotstheone
07-27-2009, 11:52 AM
kanye west is hip hop, yall just don't like where hip hop is going, yall are the conservatives in the hip hop world, no different than pat buchanan

Hazmat
07-27-2009, 12:00 PM

This Is ignorance at its finest motherfucker. Fuck kayne west his music is giving hip hop a bad name, if anything hes killing it cause it makes people forgot what hip hop is really here for. Hip hop isnt here for kayne to be bicthing on the mic about his period.

buckshotstheone
07-27-2009, 12:10 PM
This Is ignorance at its finest motherfucker. Fuck kayne west his music is giving hip hop a bad name, if anything hes killing it cause it makes people forgot what hip hop is really here for. Hip hop isnt here for kayne to be bicthing on the mic about his period.

then what exactly is hip hop here for? i know your opinion is obviously the 100% correct and factual truth for hip hop's existence so why don't you enlighten us?

yes that's a rhetorical question

like it or not, hip hop is whatever the fuck hip hop is, and whatever the fuck is selling as hip hop and wherever the mainstream decides to take hip hop. you can bump your jed mind tricks albums day and night and in 10 years i'm sure mc fuck the mainstream is still gonna exist, but hip hop is gonna be whatever the fuck is labeled hip hop by the masses and you can either hate all fucking day (real constructive) or appreciate what you like (mc fuck the mainstream) while also appreciating that the mainstream is delivering in the form of "urban" music.

just cause you ain't like what kanye is doing, he's still hip hop

why?

cause hip hop is the culture of the "urban" youth as they see it and how they live it, kanye included

kanye started by going against the norm and he's still doing that today, he may be inventing some norms but he does it by going against them

kanye is today what public enemy was back then (sonically speaking), and fuck the haters who don't see that

drippie k
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
kanye's done more for hip-hop than most if not all the people on this forum have...sure he kinda went off on the deep end with 808's but his albums before that were sick..and production wise i aint even gotta say nothin, dude's one of the best

Hazmat
07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
then what exactly is hip hop here for? i know your opinion is obviously the 100% correct and factual truth for hip hop's existence so why don't you enlighten us?

yes that's a rhetorical question

like it or not, hip hop is whatever the fuck hip hop is, and whatever the fuck is selling as hip hop and wherever the mainstream decides to take hip hop. you can bump your jed mind tricks albums day and night and in 10 years i'm sure mc fuck the mainstream is still gonna exist, but hip hop is gonna be whatever the fuck is labeled hip hop by the masses and you can either hate all fucking day (real constructive) or appreciate what you like (mc fuck the mainstream) while also appreciating that the mainstream is delivering in the form of "urban" music.

just cause you ain't like what kanye is doing, he's still hip hop

why?

cause hip hop is the culture of the "urban" youth as they see it and how they live it, kanye included

kanye started by going against the norm and he's still doing that today, he may be inventing some norms but he does it by going against them

kanye is today what public enemy was back then (sonically speaking), and fuck the haters who don't see that

I dont say fuck mainstream you dumb fuck. Im saying fuck Kayne West. A Message in music is a very powerfull thing. Having someone like kayne west on mtv with his message can make children think what he is saying is what being a made man is all about(in kaynes case a made tranvestite). His music is filled with nothing but the morals of a faggot who spends money on material objects and drugs for absolutly no reason what so ever, who bases their lives on money and nothing else loosing site of being a human, selling himself out for nothing. There are many like him but not all are like him. They are a cancer in hip hop. Hip hop at the least should have a message that is real from the person even if its not political or religious. And yes he might make some great beats but that dosent mean you have to respect the guy.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-27-2009, 02:25 PM
kanye is hiphop

he may not be your preference but get serious

he makes one album deviating from hip-hop norms so he's just a gay pop artist...

i guess andre 3000 is too then? (and yes andre is a superior artist, that's not the point...is andre not hiphop anymore becuase of love below? or is cee-lo less hiphop because of gnarles barkley? come on)

even the production on 808s for the most part is still hiphop...electro and hiphop used to be joined at the hip back in the early 80s, go listen to bambataa and mantronix

yes he's a cocky jackass but aren't most hip hop artists anyway? how many of them don't indulge in braggodcio and 'i'm the best' talk?

think before you post

buckshotstheone
07-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I dont say fuck mainstream you dumb fuck. Im saying fuck Kayne West. A Message in music is a very powerfull thing. Having someone like kayne west on mtv with his message can make children think what he is saying is what being a made man is all about(in kaynes case a made tranvestite). His music is filled with nothing but the morals of a faggot who spends money on material objects and drugs for absolutly no reason what so ever, who bases their lives on money and nothing else loosing site of being a human, selling himself out for nothing. There are many like him but not all are like him. They are a cancer in hip hop. Hip hop at the least should have a message that is real from the person even if its not political or religious. And yes he might make some great beats but that dosent mean you have to respect the guy.

sounds like you got a personal problem with dude, and a bit of a homophobic aspect to yourself too, chill

Hazmat
07-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Fuck kayne west

Hazmat
01-25-2010, 09:42 AM
he's more hip hop than the threadstarter lol

I have written shit wit more heart then kayne.

Hazmat
01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
kanye west is hip hop, yall just don't like where hip hop is going, yall are the conservatives in the hip hop world, no different than pat buchanan

i dont care if hes hip hop i think he makes what every one else wants to hear a.k.a. pop music, his music is not real.

Martial-Expert
01-25-2010, 10:34 AM
i dont care if hes hip hop i think he makes what every one else wants to hear a.k.a. pop music, his music is not real.true, he sold out last album, its got fuck all to do with pushing boundaries, his last album was pop and most of all just plain shit! He's got a fuckin huge EGO which doesnt help.

but we will see what he does with his next album, his first two album were brilliant, and 3rd was decent too, he had a right to brag then but not since the excuse that was "808 heartbreak"

Longbongcilvaringz
01-25-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL@Hazmat hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Kanye's music is gay and the clothes he wears are gay LOL. Only song i like by him is You Can't Tell Me Nothing.

^This guy dislikes sex with women, and only enjoys paying ugly hookers to suck his toes... but Kanye is gay.

Kanye has made enough money to call his music whatever he wants to, and still make people like Charles and Hazmat furious.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM

?

How does Kanye sell out

He makes whatever music he feels like, and pretty much does whatever he feels like.

You don't see him selling himself like half the faggits you would consider hip hop.

He doesn't compromise his music like half the faggits you would consider hip hop.

angry!
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
kanye in 2010 comes off more like a gay man each passing day!!!!!!

im a fan of the kanye that produced "guess whos back", and "the truth"!!!!!

im not a fan of him flipping pop rock records into gay anthems like that "stronger" bullshit!!!!!

he used to be capable of making cold ass beats, but the synth heavy kanye is just flat out gay to a nigga!!!!!!!

ill always check his albums, hes a genius producer... accept that reality, hes produced classics!!!!! but ye hasnt dropped anything thats excited me as a fan in some time!!!!!!!

fashion shows, award show blow ups, diva complex, this nigga needs to come back to earth!!!!!!!

grt05
01-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Kanye West is not hip hop, and it's not pop either...what pop music have you heard that sounds anything like 808z? You're the faggots.

grt05
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
?

How does kanye sell out

he makes whatever music he feels like, and pretty much does whatever he feels like.

You don't see him selling himself like half the faggits you would consider hip hop.

He doesn't compromise his music like half the faggits you would consider hip hop.

+1

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
He's never sold out, hes never gone commercial. In fact, hes so powerful that whatever he decides to do BECOMES the popular thing. They just accept it because its Kanye making it, so it must be good.

Hes a shaper and a trendmaker. Thats a fact. Thats why he doesnt need to sell out or go commercial. He crosses over to people who dont listen to hip hop because his music transcends for some reason.

He's an example to people to always be creative and just do what you feel like doing. It doesnt mean you wont be successful. Who'd of thought underground backpack style sample based hip hop would be so popular? Its because hes the best at it.

But most importantly he has a VERY good ear for a good sample, and picks his samples immaculately, because he has a good musical ear.

His flamboyancey though does come across as very camp, and possibly gay.

RALPH WIGGUM
01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
?

How does Kanye sell out

He makes whatever music he feels like, and pretty much does whatever he feels like.

Word up Kanye's a fuckin rockstar!

And lol at calling him a house N when he was the one that wasn't afraid to speak during the Katrina shit, and when all the racists punks hate him for disrespecting their lil white country singer.

11th Chamber
01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
what a pathetic thread

Frank Drebin
01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
if the masses consider eminem hip-hop then kanye west is hip-hop

KBOS
01-25-2010, 04:14 PM
smh at some of you dumb mother fuckers, im not the biggest fan of kanye but lets recognize he's made some hot fucking beats and dropped some ill tracks, usually on some inovative type shit. Sure he makes pop music as well, but thats his steez what the fuck do you expect from the man.

And sure hes an asshole - who gives a fuck, i dont hang out with him and you dont either.

All you wanna point fingers and call kayne type queer, but who are the faggots catching hurt feelings about a niggas fashion?

buckshotstheone
01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Word up Kanye's a fuckin rockstar!

And lol at calling him a house N when he was the one that wasn't afraid to speak during the Katrina shit, and when all the racists punks hate him for disrespecting their lil white country singer.

truth. love that line about the "lil white country singer". you KNOW that people only hated on him so much cause it was a white girl and in white america we protect our innocent little white women from those evil black men. with that said, fuck taylor swift for becoming relevant off the strength of that incident and fuck anyone who doesn't think it would be totally different if he did that to a black woman instead of a little white girl

11th Chamber
01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
if the masses conside eminem hip-hop then kanye west is hip-hop

pretty sure he's hip hop. Aside from that wack single on his last album, I didnt really hear a track that wasent pure hip hop

Hazmat
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Why the hell does him yelling at white girls have to be brought into this thread talking music. I dont care what he wears and what he does he makes junk music "NOW" that to me seems homosexual, he puts a terrible sound in the game. And it should NEVER matter how many sales a motherfucker gets thats all BULLSHIT. If we go by record sales and popularity then drake is a better artist then Kool G Rap. POP music means popular music.

grt05
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Why the hell does him yelling at white girls have to be brought into this thread talking music. I dont care what he wears and what he does he makes junk music "NOW" that to me seems homosexual, he puts a terrible sound in the game. And it should NEVER matter how many sales a motherfucker gets thats all BULLSHIT. If we go by record sales and popularity then drake is a better artist then Kool G Rap. POP music means popular music.

This guy does not stop talking shit. His music SOUNDS homosexual?

What the fuck?

buckshotstheone
01-25-2010, 08:39 PM

look at all his guest verses from last year and tell me he makes "junk" music. better yet take any of his beats and explain how it is "junk" music. the mafucka is a living legend

Hazmat
01-25-2010, 11:02 PM
look at all his guest verses from last year and tell me he makes "junk" music. better yet take any of his beats and explain how it is "junk" music. the mafucka is a living legend

no way is he a living legend, you baseing that on record sales?

Visionz
01-25-2010, 11:09 PM
regardless of how you feel about him as an emcee his production worked can not be fucked with. period. He's a VERY talented producer.

Sweet Tartz
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
-QZUkdAmuNc
Kanye killed that verse

Hazmat
01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
its sad people think kayne can rhyme, he never could...disgrace

KBOS
01-25-2010, 11:47 PM
smh at this nigga
you sound like such a faggot ass hater ^

kanye done a lot for hip-hop weather you like it or not. What is it with you fuckin queers around here that bitch and moan about everything thats not hardcoreundergroundbaggyjeansndtimbs. Can we make a seperate forum for you retards? You wouldn't know music if a piano fell on your head

I don't even like kanye that much i just dislike this ignorance

Hazmat
01-26-2010, 12:01 AM
smh at this nigga
you sound like such a faggot ass hater ^

kanye done a lot for hip-hop weather you like it or not. What is it with you fuckin queers around here that bitch and moan about everything thats not hardcoreundergroundbaggyjeansndtimbs. Can we make a seperate forum for you retards? You wouldn't know music if a piano fell on your head

I don't even like kanye that much i just dislike this ignorance

haha someones getting mad over nothing. I love how you sterotype a more hardcore style of hip hop with baggy jeans and tims, and then call me ignorant and a faggot ass hater. You know i listen to other styles of hip hop beside "baggyjean timbs" style. lololol

and he didnt do alot for hip hop...thats what you think just because you love his music so much.

Visionz
01-26-2010, 12:04 AM
pbAchGraxtk
^dopeness

KBOS
01-26-2010, 12:17 AM
haha someones getting mad over nothing. I love how you sterotype a more hardcore style of hip hop with baggy jeans and tims, and then call me ignorant and a faggot ass hater. You know i listen to other styles of hip hop beside "baggyjean timbs" style. lololol

and he didnt do alot for hip hop...thats what you think just because you love his music so much.

Its ok kid, i understand, comprehension isn't your strong point.

check two
01-26-2010, 02:44 AM
truth. love that line about the "lil white country singer". you KNOW that people only hated on him so much cause it was a white girl and in white america we protect our innocent little white women from those evil black men. with that said, fuck taylor swift for becoming relevant off the strength of that incident and fuck anyone who doesn't think it would be totally different if he did that to a black woman instead of a little white girl

I'm not a fan of her's urkel, but she was very popular before that incident.

ALCATRAZ
01-26-2010, 03:27 AM
you know what he meant, and you know it holds some truth

Mai Wang Tu Phat
01-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Get your head out of the 90s.

Edgar Erebus
01-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I think if you said Kanye nowadays that he isn't hip-hop he would feel flattered.

BGS
01-26-2010, 09:22 AM
i'm really not a kanye fan and i think he is not hip hop anymore, but he has made some dope ass beats (altough he can't rhyme for shit)

for example:

EcWjtvwbkoE EDGtRo-O1Mg

Tommy
01-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Kanye, as well as a few other artists, kept hip hop relevant in this decade as well as releasing some pretty nice music. College Dropout in my eyes is a classic, followed closely by Late Registration, and then Graduation; 808 wasn't really a hip hop album. He's definitley one of the greatest producers and respects the art of hip hop, even if he isn't one of the best MCs.

You people who hate on more concious and different artists need to understand that hip hop, like everything, evolves over time. Do you think the genre of hip hop should be Mobb Deep-esque from the 70s up till now? With the dark beats, hood clothing, and violent atmosphere? A few years ago you were probably saying, "there's too many gangsta rappers!!!!!!" now you're saying, "there's too many homosexual rappers!!!!". I guess some folk are never happy.

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 10:00 AM

did i say anything about record sales? no, i said he had amazing guest verses last year and consistently makes incredible beats. neither of those two things have anything to do with record sales. the clipse album didn't sell that well but he KILLED the verse he had on there. with some artists you can argue that record sales are what made them good (50 cent) but with kanye it's first and foremost his production, and secondly (and more recently as it has developed over time) his lyrical skills which some may hate on his style and flow but you can't deny that lyrically he can hang with the best of them (like his verse on Run This Town)

KBOS
01-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Kanye, as well as a few other artists, kept hip hop relevant in this decade as well as releasing some pretty nice music. College Dropout in my eyes is a classic, followed closely by Late Registration, and then Graduation; 808 wasn't really a hip hop album. He's definitley one of the greatest producers and respects the art of hip hop, even if he isn't one of the best MCs.

You people who hate on more concious and different artists need to understand that hip hop, like everything, evolves over time. Do you think the genre of hip hop should be Mobb Deep-esque from the 70s up till now? With the dark beats, hood clothing, and violent atmosphere? A few years ago you were probably saying, "there's too many gangsta rappers!!!!!!" now you're saying, "there's too many homosexual rappers!!!!". I guess some folk are never happy.

Exactly - see thats what i was explaining but some niggas around here have their head up their ass. Real recognize real.

Hazmat
01-26-2010, 12:16 PM
its all personal opinion with this faggot kayne, he didnt do anything for hip hop.

KBOS
01-26-2010, 12:37 PM
its all personal opinion with this faggot kayne, he didnt do anything for hip hop.

Nah see thats why i called you ignorant

you can say hes a faggot and you don't particularly care for his music, personally i dont even like kanye that much or care for a lotta music hes made, but to deny that he hasn't done shit for hiphop is just pure ignorant. He innovated a whole sound, a lotta heads on their true hiphop shit consider a fairly good chunk of his works to be classic, and that shit is factual, not a matter of opinion.

Do you actually have a valid arguement? youre just talking out of your ass spewing shit

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 12:37 PM

wow now you're just being ridiculously ignorant. didn't do anything for hip hop? how about rejuvenated the concept of sped-up vocal samples? proved that a producer COULD in fact have incredible rhyme abilities? pushed the boundaries of what was used as far as instrumentation? yeah he did NOTHING for hip hop. before you come at me on some cam'ron shit like "ooohh you mad now, you maaaadd" i ain't mad, i'm just making points.

oh and you got a vinnie paz quote as your signature, talk about someone who did nothing for hip hop, that midget muslim-wannabe wouldn't exist without stoupe's production, and even with that he is still laughable

GhettoGnom
01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
proved that a producer COULD in fact have incredible rhyme abilities?

KANYE WEST proved that? Really?!

Looking at todays scene and saying Kanye West did nothing is about as dumb as you can be though. Haha

Hazmat
01-26-2010, 12:52 PM
wow now you're just being ridiculously ignorant. didn't do anything for hip hop? how about rejuvenated the concept of sped-up vocal samples? proved that a producer COULD in fact have incredible rhyme abilities? pushed the boundaries of what was used as far as instrumentation? yeah he did NOTHING for hip hop. before you come at me on some cam'ron shit like "ooohh you mad now, you maaaadd" i ain't mad, i'm just making points.

oh and you got a vinnie paz quote as your signature, talk about someone who did nothing for hip hop, that midget muslim-wannabe wouldn't exist without stoupe's production, and even with that he is still laughable

Who gives a fuck what vinnie did for hip hop, vinnie is a great lyricist, better then kayne will ever be. In a few years when the next faggot ass mainstream producer/emcee hits MTV no one will give a fuck about kanye.

check two
01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
The race thing was stupid to bring up. There was no race issue. It wouldn't have been any less of an uproar if Kayne interrupted a non white girl, ya fool.

Hazmat
01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
All I hear about kayne is how he changed the "scene". Fuck the scene, Image is nothing.

DrBold241
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Kanye West is primarily a pop artist, especially with that 808s bullshit, but he's made some good shit before that AND he still reps Dilla & DOOM. Kanye West is a hip hopper for sure.

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Who gives a fuck what vinnie did for hip hop, vinnie is a great lyricist, better then kayne will ever be. In a few years when the next faggot ass mainstream producer/emcee hits MTV no one will give a fuck about kanye.

hahahahahahahaha @ vinnie paz is a great lyricist. hahahahahahahaha oh shit you really do believe that huh? "flowing down the river and what not". yeah, dude is an amazing MC. in a few years no one will give a fuck about.....oh wait.....already no one gives a fuck about vinnie paz. hahahahahahahahahahahaa i damn near died laughing at the claim that vinnie paz is a good lyricist. that shit is too funny

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
The race thing was stupid to bring up. There was no race issue. It wouldn't have been any less of an uproar if Kayne interrupted a non white girl, ya fool.

it wouldn't have been an uproar at all if kanye did that to a non-white girl. yes it would still have made news, but it wouldn't have caused the backlash that it did since it was harmless little white girl and we gotta protect our white women in this country. where was the uproar when justin timberlake ripped open janet jackson's top? oh wait.....the uproar was directed at janet, not the guy who did the act, nope, the white man escaped all scrutiny and the black woman was called a slut. hello america, you're still a bunch of racist oppressors

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm co-signing Buckshot's couch this time. [about Vinnie Paz]

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 01:44 PM
KANYE WEST proved that? Really?!

as far as mainstream hip hop goes, yeah, he did. everyone else was either more known for their beats or for their rhymes. yeah q-tip makes good beats but he's a rapper and that's what everyone knows him as. yeah pete rock and dilla and madlib can all rhyme but they are known mostly for their beats. kanye is as well known for his verses as he is for his beats

check two
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
it wouldn't have been an uproar at all if kanye did that to a non-white girl. yes it would still have made news, but it wouldn't have caused the backlash that it did since it was harmless little white girl and we gotta protect our white women in this country. where was the uproar when justin timberlake ripped open janet jackson's top? oh wait.....the uproar was directed at janet, not the guy who did the act, nope, the white man escaped all scrutiny and the black woman was called a slut. hello america, you're still a bunch of racist oppressors

Umm, if I recall, that was something set up that Janet knew about ahead of time? lol And not all of the uproar was directed at Janet. Fight the power though, Shaft.

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Umm, if I recall, that was something set up that Janet knew about ahead of time? lol And not all of the uproar was directed at Janet. Fight the power though, Shaft.

keep defending the white boy. gotta love this country. they tell you what to think and if you don't believe it then they tell you again. you try to look at things a different way, in a way that might just make white people guilty and you're just crazy and ridiculous. never-ending cycle

GhettoGnom
01-26-2010, 05:18 PM
The fact that the Janet-incident even was considered "shocking" in USA was just another proof how fucking brainwashed your society is. IT'S A FUCKING TIT CREATED BY YOUR GOD. How the hell is that anything to fuss about?

grt05
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Wu-Tang stopped being relevant in the mainstream a long time ago...that doesn't mean they didn't do anything for hip-hop.

Your argument is flawed.

I think you just hate popular shit.

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 05:35 PM
The fact that the Janet-incident even was considered "shocking" in USA was just another proof how fucking brainwashed your society is. IT'S A FUCKING TIT CREATED BY YOUR GOD. How the hell is that anything to fuss about?

cause this nation was developed (not founded of course) under "christian" values which of course forbid any type of sexuality at all. now for some strange reason we've twisted that into this idea that excessive graphic violence is completely acceptable so long as you don't show any nipple. it never ceases to amaze me how you can show literally every single angle of a tit as long as the nipple doesn't appear. it makes no sense but neither does most of what this country does....

buckshotstheone
01-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Wu-Tang stopped being relevant in the mainstream a long time ago...that doesn't mean they didn't do anything for hip-hop.

Your argument is flawed.

I think you just hate popular shit.

"if it's on the radio then it sucks dude, plain and simple. every song ever released on the radio is pure trash, not cause i've ever heard it but just cause it's on the radio so i KNOW it sucks. give me mc-i-hate-mainstream-rap any day of the week over those lames who make hits that appeal to a wide audience. now i'm gonna go bump some company flow on my way to college studies 101 at my local suburban community college"

11th Chamber
01-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Threadstarter is a faggot

Kanye is one of the best producers to come out this decade.

Granted his 808 shit was garbage, but if Kanye wanted to come back and make somthin in the vein of Dropout or Late Reg, than it would shit on most anything else dropping

Hazmat
01-26-2010, 10:50 PM
im talking music. i dont like kayne and anything he does, that MY opinion. i just wanted to see if any one agreed with me. this thread got stupid wild.

RALPH WIGGUM
01-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Yes it would have, because the fact that it was a white girl is the reason why a lot of haters keep saying that "kanye west hates white people".

Truth!

Edgar Erebus
01-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes it would have, because the fact that it was a white girl is the reason why a lot of haters keep saying that "kanye west hates white people".

He actually does, but that's a whole another story.

buckshotstheone
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
He actually does, but that's a whole another story.

so what if he does? you can't blame him. white people are the ones who feel as though they have the right to exploit nations and races of people for their own benefit, they've been doing it since the dawn of civilization and then they defend it with the bullshit "those people should help themselves out of poverty" line to deflect any sort of responsibility. yeah kanye grew up in a wealthy home but that doesn't mean he was never the victim of typical racism, both individually and institutionally, which is very much alive in this supposed "post racial america".

RALPH WIGGUM
01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
This thread is a few posts away to be moved to KTL

praise the almitey W
01-27-2010, 12:41 PM
no kanye is hip-hop he's just a different form of hip-hop.
If you don't like him then why complain you can't do shit he's got more money than any of us could get in one year.
Not my fault you mad at kanye for making money.

Afficial_Nastee
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
I've stated it before on the first page or something but the threadstarter deserves some mad rep points even though he only came through with one simple sentence when he started this thread....

Faggots who wear pink and punkass designer clothes and come through with teddybears on albumcovers are not welcome !

Edgar Erebus
01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
so what if he does? you can't blame him. white people are the ones who feel as though they have the right to exploit nations and races of people for their own benefit, they've been doing it since the dawn of civilization and then they defend it with the bullshit "those people should help themselves out of poverty" line to deflect any sort of responsibility. yeah kanye grew up in a wealthy home but that doesn't mean he was never the victim of typical racism, both individually and institutionally, which is very much alive in this supposed "post racial america".

First, you're white, so you're as well the oppressor of the black people as anyone. (Isn't that right, Sunny?) So why are you acting like black man's advocate, you fucking hypocrite?

Second, I could really care less what happened to him before and after and all that shit. I only care what's right and what's wrong, but that's a whole different story.

Third, you stood in defense of Kanye when I simply said a single fact about him without giving any opinions of mine. Seems that something irks you in that simple, short sentence. Guilty conscience much?

Mumm Ra
01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
without going through 6 pages of posts -
kanye is hip hop
i hate his expression of it, but it is what it is

Edgar Erebus
01-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Yup, he is. Although, for some reason, he's desperately trying not to be.

11th Chamber
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Faggots who wear pink and punkass designer clothes and come through with teddybears on albumcovers are not welcome !

yet making a music video wearing hockey gear and skating on ice is hard? Im lost...

check two
01-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Kayne hates straight people.

Afficial_Nastee
01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
yet making a music video wearing hockey gear and skating on ice is hard? Im lost...

You're referring to that react video by Onyx feat 50 Cent , right? LOL

But to the point : Ice Hockey is one of the most awesome sports you can witness , it's also pretty Hardcore! And Ice Hockey shirts are the shit ! Remember when Snoop came through with a Toronto Maple Leafs shirt on when he was on Arsenio Hall's tv show? Or when Method Man was wearing a Pittsburgh Penguins when he was performing M.E.T.H.O.D. Man on Yo! Mtvs Raps! That was the bomb !

Ain't you down with the Detroit Red Wings?

buckshotstheone
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
First, you're white, so you're as well the oppressor of the black people as anyone. (Isn't that right, Sunny?) So why are you acting like black man's advocate, you fucking hypocrite?

Second, I could really care less what happened to him before and after and all that shit. I only care what's right and what's wrong, but that's a whole different story.

Third, you stood in defense of Kanye when I simply said a single fact about him without giving any opinions of mine. Seems that something irks you in that simple, short sentence. Guilty conscience much?

what does being white have to do with it? true i can't even fathom the true struggle and oppression that minorities feel but i can also do more than just ignore my white privilege and act like people get what they get based on the "content of their character" and nothing else. and trust me i have no guilty conscience, being conscious does not mean having a guilty conscience, smiling at a black person on the street and then thinking that you aren't a racist is having a guilty conscience