PDA

View Full Version : We Should Promote. . . . . .

Jimmy Focus
07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I think that all of us artists on this forum should work together in promoting each others music. . . . We've got alot of talented people who need to be heard by a wider audience. . . . this is jus a thought that i had. . . . anybody esle agree or have any opinions on how we should go about it

12weLvE
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Sound Theory.

Khem The Decepticon
07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
^^^When does that drop?

12weLvE
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
First Week of August.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1783/soundtheorycover.png

Jimmy Focus
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Sound Theory.

whats sound theory?

KILLAH
07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
IM DOWN! im even down to do music with some of yall! http://www.reverbnation.com/mrwestashleybeathouseproductions

SKAMPOE
07-27-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.shift-1.com/1.gif Jimmy Focus (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=31715)

added u on the myspace...

12weLvE
07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
whats sound theory?

www.myspace.com/soundtheory09

Poison Flowerz!
07-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Agree wi th focus 100%

KILLAH
07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
how should we get this project rollin?

i say we all submit songs to a mixtape and give it online for free... art work and all

Sinapse
07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I think that all of us artists on this forum should work together in promoting each others music. . . . We've got alot of talented people who need to be heard by a wider audience. . . . this is jus a thought that i had. . . . anybody esle agree or have any opinions on how we should go about it

This has been done before. There was a wu corp tape vol 1, to be honest it was mostly amateur type shit, then there was lo-fi tape which was a little more organized, but it also sucked compared to real music - i was on this tape and i even can say that looking back i sucked then...fast forward...then there was a wu corp vol 2 tape being organized, but some of the cats on here that were trying to really elevate weren't happy with the way that was going - was going to be another blatant amateur sounding netcee tape...so a few of us that have worked together a lot and have an already established dynamic built based on solo projects and shit outside the forum (which is necessary to make good music) branched off and did Sound Theory independent of the corp...but still that's something we did "for the love" you could say, b/c we helped each other elevate over time, and we wanted to make a tape that reflected the level of work we had put in and how much shit had elevated since the past. I don't think any of us are naive to think that is something we can use to push any kind of individual music career aspirations. Some people here are not gonna like me saying that the previous corp projects were basically garbage, but I'm just trying to be realistic and judge it based on professional, and not hobbiest standards....okay, blah blah blah, what i mean to say is yo, if you trying to promote your art and get somewhere in the game, Wu Corp is not where it's gonna happen...what you are talking about is shit some amateurs to do to have fun, no one is gonna take a bunch of cats who met on an internet forum seriously...make good records, either solo or with a local crew, do shows, become part of your local hip hop scene...shit has come full circle, the internet is useless for music promotion now - too much retard background static and garbage music, so everyone is jaded...it's a place to interact and build with other artists when you are learning your craft, but don't kid yourself thinking that any of that will actually do anything for a music career.

Wow, sorry for the mini-blog, good luck tho

KILLAH
07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
This has been done before. There was a wu corp tape vol 1, to be honest it was mostly amateur type shit, then there was lo-fi tape which was a little more organized, but it also sucked compared to real music - i was on this tape and i even can say that looking back i sucked then...fast forward...then there was a wu corp vol 2 tape being organized, but some of the cats on here that were trying to really elevate weren't happy with the way that was going - was going to be another blatant amateur sounding netcee tape...so a few of us that have worked together a lot and have an already established dynamic built based on solo projects and shit outside the forum (which is necessary to make good music) branched off and did Sound Theory independent of the corp...but still that's something we did "for the love" you could say, b/c we helped each other elevate over time, and we wanted to make a tape that reflected the level of work we had put in and how much shit had elevated since the past. I don't think any of us are naive to think that is something we can use to push any kind of individual music career aspirations. Some people here are not gonna like me saying that the previous corp projects were basically garbage, but I'm just trying to be realistic and judge it based on professional, and not hobbiest standards....okay, blah blah blah, what i mean to say is yo, if you trying to promote your art and get somewhere in the game, Wu Corp is not where it's gonna happen...what you are talking about is shit some amateurs to do to have fun, no one is gonna take a bunch of cats who met on an internet forum seriously...make good records, either solo or with a local crew, do shows, become part of your local hip hop scene...shit has come full circle, the internet is useless for music promotion now - too much retard background static and garbage music, so everyone is jaded...it's a place to interact and build with other artists when you are learning your craft, but don't kid yourself thinking that any of that will actually do anything for a music career.

Wow, sorry for the mini-blog, good luck tho
your music career is about what u do not what turns out from it... if u dont do shit then u dont have a career... no matter what turns of whatever u DO, make sure ur actually doing "work" ... so i dont agree with u... just bc yall's shit didnt turn out like u wanted it does not mean u have to stop others from doing work.. i say go wit it!

Sinapse
07-27-2009, 03:36 PM
One more thing...I don't mean to say that cats who connect on the internet are amateurs, that's wrong, there are lots of professional artists that build over the net, and lot's of dope up and comers too...take for example Noble Scity, I know those cats are in diff places...but thing is, they have been in the game for years and know each other for a while, worked hard to build chemistry all that, they are cats that have put in work and are really advanced artists who need to connect with other cats who have a similar vision...in my previous post when I was saying "internet shit is useless", what I meant is like in reference to what you posted...random shit, people that doen't even know each other saying let's just do a tape and promote it on myspace, that's just hobby shit, but the internet is def still part of any kind of grind...but forums can't be your main grind if you are trying to do anything more than simply have fun.

Sinapse
07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
your music career is about what u do not what turns out from it... if u dont do shit then u dont have a career... no matter what turns of whatever u DO, make sure ur actually doing "work" ... so i dont agree with u... just bc yall's shit didnt turn out like u wanted it does not mean u have to stop others from doing work.. i say go wit it!

I'm not stoppin anyone from doing anything, ya'll can do whatever you want

12weLvE
07-27-2009, 03:48 PM

Not trying to bash anyone... but good luck for real. Putting Sound Theory together was a family effort, by cats who have worked together in the past, and have have chemistry with each other. Mostly the heads from 07-08 that posted on here... even some older ones from 04-06.

I mean the corp is dead nowadays... the problem you are going to face is finding people who want to do it. When I started recruting for Sound Theory I reached out to all the cats that I thought were talented or somewhat talented... I cant say everyone is "GREAT," but I ve been on this forum for a minute now, and I know what moves. Like Sin said... we branched out... so this wont even be considered a Wu-Corp tape... this will be moved all over the net, and passed down in the steets.

Dont want to discaurage anybody, but is not easy bringing dozens of people together for one common cause... I can say we did it for the love of it.

Good luck fam.

PEace

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
07-27-2009, 04:12 PM
First Week of August.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1783/soundtheorycover.png

cant wait mo to listen

12weLvE
07-27-2009, 04:14 PM
cant wait mo to listen

lol its coming soon monk.

SKAMPOE
07-27-2009, 04:23 PM
sound theory succeeds where others fail...its coming

Poison Flowerz!
07-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I found wu corp an starrted workin with sum artists on heree because i heard the wu corp tape! Yo if its nott my project i dont give a fuck about makin a classic tape, its about sayin "fuck these cats im gonna shine the most on here" an if u do most likely u gained some fans from one verse/beat.. Im not sayin do another corp tape kuz theres some weak cats on here that i wont touch, but chek had the right idea: Take the strongestt cats an do sumthin independent

Jimmy Focus
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I wanted to try and avoid another mixtape. . . . I was just thinkin help get each other more adds on myspace and higher on the charts on sites like soundclick, Help promote each others project and other stuff like that.

Jimmy Focus
07-27-2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.shift-1.com/1.gif Jimmy Focus (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=31715)

added u on the myspace...

good lookin out

Jimmy Focus
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
how do you join sound theory

Khem The Decepticon
07-27-2009, 09:06 PM
how do you join sound theory

Sound Theory isnt a group its member of this forum showcasing their work and showing what WuTangCorp.com has to offer.

Jimmy Focus
07-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Sound Theory isnt a group its member of this forum showcasing their work and showing what WuTangCorp.com has to offer.

So anyone from this forum can be down?

KILLAH
07-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Not trying to bash anyone... but good luck for real. Putting Sound Theory together was a family effort, by cats who have worked together in the past, and have have chemistry with each other. Mostly the heads from 07-08 that posted on here... even some older ones from 04-06.

I mean the corp is dead nowadays... the problem you are going to face is finding people who want to do it. When I started recruting for Sound Theory I reached out to all the cats that I thought were talented or somewhat talented... I cant say everyone is "GREAT," but I ve been on this forum for a minute now, and I know what moves. Like Sin said... we branched out... so this wont even be considered a Wu-Corp tape... this will be moved all over the net, and passed down in the steets.

Dont want to discaurage anybody, but is not easy bringing dozens of people together for one common cause... I can say we did it for the love of it.

Good luck fam.

PEace
i feel u but im not in wu tang so i cant lable my shit "wu" anything.. i think thats the 1st mistake.. 2ndly.. im not rying to make a song with everyone on here.. i just say if u have some kinda talent and we have ways to work together to produce just a few songs.. ill be happy with that.. so im putting out a mix tape soon and if any of yall like any of my beats enough to get on it let me know and ill put something together...if its hot we'll put it out on the tape.. if its not then we'll find other ways to get it heard... but im not in that position to tell somebody their shit is wack just bc i might not agree with it...but i am in the position to get some music heard by a few people..http://www.reverbnation.com/mrwestashleybeathouseproductions

Poison Flowerz!
07-28-2009, 12:41 AM
^^^

??? If its wack its wack!

KILLAH
07-28-2009, 08:08 AM
^^^

??? If its wack its wack!
hey it could be.. but music is just like art work.. if they have some sort of skills i dont think it could be wack i think its just not shit u might wana listen to...but it still deservs to get shine... when i saw this i thought wee was get like 20-30 people sending in songs on day 1.. lol but i see i was wrong about that.. so my offer still stands ima put something out soon.. if u wana get down just let me know... i have a roland mv8800 and im just getting good wit it..so stay tuned!

Sinapse
07-28-2009, 10:45 AM
i feel u but im not in wu tang so i cant lable my shit "wu" anything.. i think thats the 1st mistake..

Can you read??

12 isn't saying he's Wu, nor the tape, that's the whole point of doing it outside of Wu Corp...

EDIT:

Shouldn't have even wasted my time typing that, like 12 said to ya'll - do your thing and good luck.

KILLAH
07-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Can you read??

12 isn't saying he's Wu, nor the tape, that's the whole point of doing it outside of Wu Corp...

EDIT:

Shouldn't have even wasted my time typing that, like 12 said to ya'll - do your thing and good luck.
By even saying "WU" corp.. people who pick it up will be looking for WU TANG! then u just set your self up for tons of bs cus none of us yet can match that talent.. CAN U READ?

12weLvE
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Who said that Sound Theory is going to have the name wu on it lol. You are just talking out of your ass now. Let it go.