PDA

View Full Version : Madhouse x Marvel Comics - Iron Man & Wolverine Anime Series

DirtMcgehrk
07-27-2009, 05:51 PM
"In a joining of East and West, Japanese animation studio Madhouse and Eagle Award winner Warren Ellis are joining forces with Marvel Comics to create some new anime themed versions of some of Marvel Super Heroes’ most iconic characters which span a four part series. Up to bat are trailers for Iron Man and Wolverine."

Looks pretty cool. Nice to see a fresh take on some of my favorite Marvel characters. Check out the videos below. I'm really diggin the Iron Man one.

8DsQT2tYSdk

h_ej7ZlS2oQ

DirtMcgehrk
07-27-2009, 05:56 PM
For those unfamiliar with Madhouse Productions, they're responsible for anime features like Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers. Their animation studios also handled Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, Trigun and Metropolis. They've got a great team and I usually like most of the stuff they put out. Paprika was definitely a trip.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
wolverine just looks like a generic anime except the protagonist has 3 claws...not sold on that one

iron man looks good though...is he fighting captain harlock or something?

TAURO
07-28-2009, 02:51 AM
I reported a while back that Marvel and Mad House were going to work together so it's great to finally get to see some footage although the wolverine trailer left me cold, I don't like his look at all. The Iron Man trailer on the other hand looked great.

But are these going to be animated shorts or will they be feature length?

RA EL
07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Should be dope ... those dudes need to work on Vampire Hunter D3 asap though, one of my favorite animes.

drippie k
07-28-2009, 02:54 PM
why does wolverine look like rogue with a sexchange and a mullet?